Que Ta Tête Fleurisse Toujours - Mika's French album, out December 1st, 2023

mellody

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

And maybe it is a reference that his heart is now between heaven and earth.

That's a good point. Also the interpretation that him on the cloud represents him living in his own world. In that context my "God" interpretation also might make sense, as in, he is the master of his own world. As he should be. Clouds can take many forms, like his logo does now, so maybe they're a symbol for him creating wonderful things out of thin air.

It's interesting, when I first looked at the cover, I thought, "oh, ok.", as in, yeah, looks nice, but it doesn't touch me. It doesn't inspire me or tell a story. So it's good to read all your interpretations, because with that, suddenly a whole universe of stories opens up, that I couldn't see at first. Some of which I can see now too in the cover, others not so much, but they still might give me more ideas.

The more I think about the logo on the cover, the more I feel that it might be meant from bottom to top, representing the ideas that are coming out of his head, and as they grow they become something solid and meaningful. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mellody said:

The more I think about the logo on the cover, the more I feel that it might be meant from bottom to top, representing the ideas that are coming out of his head, and as they grow they become something solid and meaningful. 

Oh this is an excellent point!! And very nice symbolism.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, mellody said:

È un buon punto. Anche l'interpretazione secondo cui lui sulla nuvola lo rappresenta mentre vive nel suo mondo. In quel contesto anche la mia interpretazione di "Dio" potrebbe avere senso, poiché egli è il padrone del suo mondo. Come dovrebbe essere. Le nuvole possono assumere molte forme, come fa ora il suo logo, quindi forse sono un simbolo per lui che crea cose meravigliose dal nulla.

È interessante, quando ho guardato la copertina per la prima volta, ho pensato, "oh, ok.", nel senso di, sì, sembra carina, ma non mi tocca. Non mi ispira né racconta una storia. Quindi è bello leggere tutte le tue interpretazioni, perché così all'improvviso si apre un intero universo di storie, che all'inizio non riuscivo a vedere. Alcuni li vedo anche adesso in copertina, altri un po' meno, ma potrebbero comunque darmi ulteriori idee.

Più penso al logo sulla copertina, più sento che potrebbe essere inteso dal basso verso l'alto, rappresentando le idee che escono dalla sua testa, e man mano che crescono diventano qualcosa di solido e significativo. 

the cloud could be that his mother is there now who inspires him in his work from there too, therefore a heaven/earth connection

• Like 1

You know what I just noticed? This cover is "I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky" :lol3:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-18 um 09.55.10.png

ok, more a yellowish brown and a greyish blue, but definitely a violet sky. :mf_rosetinted:

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

The album cover makes me sad, I personally see “grieving”. Sitting  on a white cloud and wearing white makes me think about all the people that I have lost and I hope that they are all safely wrapped up in a white blanket of cloud…… in heaven………

Sitting on a cloud is also about meditation, finding your inner peace, making peace with everything around you, finding your space, getting people off your space……….”get off of my cloud”………

God like? Well let’s face it who on this forum is not obsessed by him?🤣🙈🤍……not me, no way, never………….who is this man?

• Like 1

Hey, does anyone know if Mika‘s Album will be available on Amazon the next days? I can only pay with Paypal and he said it will be available on different outlets today but i don’t know if that includes Amazon🤔

1 hour ago, toyboy said:

Hey, does anyone know if Mika‘s Album will be available on Amazon the next days? I can only pay with Paypal and he said it will be available on different outlets today but i don’t know if that includes Amazon🤔

It's on US Amazon preorder:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CKXLNVKZ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=NFKYN3NNFSGK&keywords=que+ta+tete+fleurisse+toujours&qid=1697637188&s=music&sprefix=que+ta+tete+fleurisse+toujours%2Cpopular%2C54&sr=1-1

So I'm assuming it will be on Amazon worldwide, too.

16 hours ago, mellody said:

Btw, something else I notice is that this is the first album cover that shows him in colour (not counting the Versailles album and the singles). He has always insisted that on his covers the photos of him are in black-and-white, with the colours just around him, so this is a significant change.

As someone who's been intensely collecting different versions of MIKA CDs over the past few months, I can't believe I never noticed this (or heard about him choosing to do it). The change definitely seems like a major one.

13 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

Ohmygod he looks so deadly serious. As several of you point out.

Then I went back to look at previous releases and on virtually all of the ones that show his face, no matter what the context, no matter what colors or patterns are swirling around him, he always looks very very serious—and here, a little shocky.

Shock shock me. He.

The seriousness of his expressions on the albums versus the colors around him are always interesting (maybe with the exception of The Origin Of Love, which is a bit more muted all around). This expression IS shocking, and I can't wait to see how it connects to the music. It seems like a different cover all-around.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mellody said:

Je sais que je t'aime (I know that I love you) right after Moi, Andy et Paris - hmm, now is that a love declaration to Andy, or to Paris? 😅 or to both? :teehee:

Gee, I was wondering the same thing about Sweetie Banana. :fisch:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Unfortunately, that appears to be only an Mp3 preorder.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, QueenBigFat said:

Unfortunately, that appears to be only an Mp3 preorder.

Yeah I hope the CD will be added soon! Thanks for the help though!

18 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

I love the different variations of Mika's logo within the album. With this one below it kinda makes me think of an egg that's just been cracked open and Mika's logo has spilled out! :lmfao:

The part above the 'I' looks like an egg shell and the rest of MIKA is the yoke!

18 hours ago, mellody said:

Interesting... My impression of this version of the logo is that it's melting, like ice cream. :teehee: But also, it's kind of coming out of his head, so maybe it can be seen from bottom to top, that the chaos is turning into something solid.

Edit: and the dot on the "i" reminds me of a jellyfish. :naughty:

I'm more with Karin on this -- I definitely felt like the logo was melting, and I wonder if that isn't somewhat of a metaphor for how Mika sees himself. Deconstructing the old logo, constantly changing it, making it less rigid, even to the point of melting or dissolving... maybe that's to symbolize all the changes he's been going through, tearing things down, letting them go, letting them be more fluid and less structured. Letting the logo (and Mika himself) be anything you like. Even with the interchangeable hologram stickers -- you don't have to be stuck with just one MIKA logo, you can have a variety and they change according to whatever you feel like.

16 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

When I first saw the album cover I felt it was both beautiful as it made me feel uneasy, because it’s inviting yet provoking. 

I’m glad to read I am not the only one! 

I agree with @Herothat there is something very destabilized in there, I also find @mellody’s observation and @CharlotteL’s interpretation a very good one with the colours. And @TinyLove_CJyou and the yoke just made me laugh out loud. “Am I a yoke to you!?!?” 

Hide contents

(Little side note, although I don’t think it is meant that way: biblical reference, Matthew 11:29 “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” However, this implies that he is our leader and that he shall direct us. I really doubt he assumes this superiority, because I personally think he is an artist sharing his journey and letting us have a peek in his artistic world.)

There are a lot of contrasts in this album cover. The first thing I noticed are the colours: around him it’s pastel and he himself is portrayed in harsher and stronger colours. Showcasing a broader colour palette. Showing different colours of him, a side of him that is very much part of him. It’s symbolic form of honestly. 
When I compare the portraits I have made from the beginning until now, I have noticed that I have expanded my colour palette and also have added more nuances, as I familiarize myself more with his work and partly what he shows us of himself. I think it’s a metaphor he is using as well.

First off, can I just mention that yoke is different from an egg YOLK without you thinking me too persnickety?  :lol3:

Sorry, it's the writer/proofreader in me. :teehee:

Secondly, I agree about the variations in the colors. Even in the teaser video for the album, the color saturation is distinctive. Interesting. Definitely a different color palette, too, as you say, Michelle. The first two albums were lots of bold, primary colors. Even the 4th and 5th albums were very strong colors, but not what I'd call "pretty". Origin of Love was the odd one, with almost no color at all. And then you have this new album with pretty colors. Blue and pink and purple and white -- almost the same shades we use here on the MFC site, except for the green.

Anyhow, yes, lots to dig into and analyze, and isn't it fun to have this sort of thing again? :)

• Like 8

Oh, wait! The Ltd edition vinyl is the only one that’s not all blue?!

…so what that brings up for me is that his primary cover color is blue. As in…. Blue! And what he says about that song, not just in it: he has said it is his favorite song. That it is about accepting someone no matter what they feel, that it is always ok to feel, and express, your pain.

Edited by QueenBigFat
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dcdeb said:

First off, can I just mention that yoke is different from an egg YOLK without you thinking me too persnickety?  :lol3:

Sorry, completely off topic, :offtopic:but you've just reminded me, I was once following a recipe translated into English by the chef, and he advised us to use "3 cups of flowers". :lmfao:

He meant flour of course. It wouldn't have been the same with a bunch of daisies in it! 

Ok, back on topic... :boing:

• Haha 5

Like everytime, I'm at the same time very happy, and very anxious for the next album. It's an even more special feeling since I'm french, don't know how the others french feels, but for this one, it's very hard to describe. 

As for the title, I love it very much, very symbolic indeed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

1 hour ago, Hero said:

Sorry, completely off topic, :offtopic:but you've just reminded me, I was once following a recipe translated into English by the chef, and he advised us to use "3 cups of flowers". :lmfao:

:ot: I actually do know, I just wanted to make a phonetic joke, but that doesn’t work in writing does it :facepalm:

I do however make increasingly more mistakes in English, since I don’t use it as often as I used to. That for someone being raised bilingual (English/Dutch) :doh:

4 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Michelle. The first two albums were lots of bold, primary colors. Even the 4th and 5th albums were very strong colors, but not what I'd call "pretty". Origin of Love was the odd one, with almost no color at all. And then you have this new album with pretty colors. Blue and pink and purple and white -- almost the same shades we use here on the MFC site, except for the green.

Yes, I have noticed the colour theme and I really am curious to know what the story is. For all albums actually. On the other hand I also don’t want him to tell us until I have formed my own interpretation. Oh the struggle of curiosity!! 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mellody said:

It's interesting, when I first looked at the cover, I thought, "oh, ok.", as in, yeah, looks nice, but it doesn't touch me. It doesn't inspire me or tell a story. So it's good to read all your interpretations, because with that, suddenly a whole universe of stories opens up, that I couldn't see at first. Some of which I can see now too in the cover, others not so much, but they still might give me more ideas.

I had slightly same notions. At first I thought that the album cover looks quite empty. Life In Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Know Too Much have a million of details and very strong colors that captures attention. But then I realized that the abstract appearance is a way more open to interpretations. I am curious about the meaning behind the "melting" logo.

Spirituality and self-awareness were subjects/things that came first to my mind. I've got feeling that the mainstay is life. And it's of course a big subject. His life experience has naturally broadened his perspective of thinking and feeling. It's great to see how Mika's mother has still a big influence (probably some kind changed too) to his work. 

The strongest feel that conveys for me from this art is a peace of mind. The colors are soft and gentle. I like these elements of nature including clouds, flowers, sun, sky and beach/ground.

On 10/17/2023 at 11:47 PM, Hero said:

In some ways I'm reminded again of Le Petit Prince, alone on his little world, seeking to comprehend the universe

So beautiful point! That book has deep philosophical cogitation, but it can be taken very frivolously. 

46 minutes ago, Svampsoppa said:

The strongest feel that conveys for me from this art is a peace of mind. The colors are soft and gentle. I like these elements of nature including clouds, flowers, sun, sky and beach/ground

Such a perfect point, perfectly made. A soothing thing to consider for him. Thank you.

OT somewhat….and serious…

Thinking about you folks and Mika in Paris right now….(and other places of course)….:tears: 

sorry no intention of interfering with this thread. I just didn’t know where to put this, and he is in France…

Edited by QueenBigFat

2 hours ago, QueenBigFat said:

OT somewhat….and serious…

Thinking about you folks and Mika in Paris right now….(and other places of course)….:tears: 

sorry no intention of interfering with this thread. I just didn’t know where to put this, and he is in France…

Hi.

Didn't he said in the new video above he's in his changing room in London ?

By the way, do u know what is his project in London ? 

Thanks !