MIKA’s Social Media and Official Website Updates - 2024

Ax07

15 hours ago, Mikasister said:

In my opinion summer festivals are not part of the Apocalypse tour so I assume they wii be somewhat different. 

Perhaps the type of venue is the issue. Indoor arenas are being used for the tour which allow Mika to have particular lights and backgrounds for his songs. My guess is he'll have to make changes for gigs in the open air. Besides, the summer festivals won't have the same concept that underlies the tour. An advantage is that Mika will be freer to make changes in his show. 

• Like 4

On 3/9/2024 at 11:21 AM, Hero said:

Wait... if the postponed April gig is going to "close the tour in style" does that mean the summer gigs aren't classed as part of it? So they might have a different format? 

23 hours ago, Mikasister said:

In my opinion summer festivals are not part of the Apocalypse tour so I assume they wii be somewhat different. 

When I think about previous years, I don't think that the festival shows were ever *substantially* different from the shows he had done before festival season, were they? Obviously, they adapt for the outdoor venues and change some things, but I feel like most of the show elements stay pretty much the same. The shows he did in festival season of 2022, for example, were pretty similar to the For the Rite of Spring Tour shows he'd done in the US in April. Same basic costumes, set list, etc. I think he just means that the Brest make-up show will close out that leg of the tour.

Of course, who knows what he's been cooking up? You can't put anything past him!

• Like 6

Well, I don't think he can have the Club Apocalypso thing at festival gigs, the stage needs to be designed for that. But also Dublin will probably be too small for some of these elements. The screens & animations is something he can keep anywhere. The dramatic intro is probably difficult to do at outdoor gigs. So yeah, in a way the summer gigs will surely be different. It was the same for the Imaginarium tour, he kept the show itself more or less as it was for the summer gigs, but all the props, the big book, the planets, the dramatic intro, falling curtains and all that, wasn't there anymore. He had a flower theme instead, also very beautiful.

So I'm sure the summer gigs will be awesome, but if you want to make sure to see the show with all the props & effects, you'll probably have to go to one of the shows until mid April.

Tho maybe he'll take it elsewhere next fall/winter, to other continents? Who knows.

• Like 5

I've moved the posts about Mika's account to an extra thread, so we can keep on discussing without spamming this thread. :thumb_yello:

• Thanks 2

That pic with his musicians! :shocked: I knew he was very flexible, but that looks crazy. People used to say he's a rubber ball because he's jumping so much on stage - now he has turned into a rubber band! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3