MIKA’s Social Media and Official Website Updates - 2024

Ax07

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

YES! his latest post, it's out tomorrow! Jane Birkin video, 7pm French time. Ice skating! 😍😄

La première du clip de Jane Birkin demain à 19h !!!!

Jane Birkin music video premiere. Tomorrow at 7PM (French time) !!!!

#JaneBirkin #quetatêtefleurissetoujours

• Like 4

I've moved most of the posts about the Jane Birkin video to an extra thread, so we can continue discussing there. :thumb_yello:

Copying this here from my original post, as it's related to that particular story:

15 hours ago, Mikasister said:

This is always so satisfying to watch how the surface of the ice becomes smooth again bit by bit... brings back childhood memories of excitedly watching the "ice cars". :lol3: But also memories of impatience, having to wait for what felt like ages as a child for them to get finished and the ice to dry, so you can get back ice skating! Luckily the machines today are a lot faster than the ones 35 years ago. 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/C3lEJ0Qi0-0/

mikainstagram

Jane Birkin, a song about being free, expressing yourself, being honest, poetic and daring- even if sometimes we feel so incredibly awkward and insecure.

I always admired the artist and the woman, Jane Birkin. Always an inspiration for me, I found her ferociously poetic, yet pop and refined all at the same time.

Thank you to director @oliverjenningsfilm and his team who captured the sentiment of the song so beautifully on camera, the teachers who guided me in my lessons and the brilliant @teamaura_gbr who held me up multiple times during a long shoot which was also an incredible experience!

Go check out the new music video for ‘Jane Birkin’ which is now live on @youtube !!

#JaneBirkin #quetatêtefleurissetoujours

Jane Birkin, une chanson sur la liberté, l'expression, l'honnêteté, la poésie et l'audace - même si parfois nous nous sentons incroyablement maladroits et peu sûrs de nous.

J'ai toujours admiré l'artiste et la femme, Jane Birkin. Toujours une source d'inspiration pour moi, je l'ai trouvé férocement poétique, mais aussi pop et raffinée à la fois.

• Like 3

OK, wasn't sure where to post this, but I think here makes sense. Those of us on the email list should have also gotten an email about the new video AND there's a competition included. If you guess the first five songs of the new show you can win a prize pack!

https://digital.umusic.com/setlist-mika

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

OK, wasn't sure where to post this, but I think here makes sense. Those of us on the email list should have also gotten an email about the new video AND there's a competition included. If you guess the first five songs of the new show you can win a prize pack!

JEU CONCOURS

"Devine la setlist du concert"

L'Apocalypse Calypso Tour démarre le 26 février à Clermont-Ferrand ! 

Pour fêter ça, devinez les 5 premières chansons du show et tentez de gagner un pack avec des produits audio & merch !

s.gif

TENTER MA CHANCE

Oh yes. I got the email. So I will give it a try :wink2:

6 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

JEU CONCOURS

Pour fêter ça, devinez les 5 premières chansons du show et tentez de gagner un pack avec des produits audio & merch !

s.gif

TENTER MA CHANCE

Thank you! I hadn't seen the email yet. I will give it a try, but many countries are missing again (Italy for example isn't on the list) :dunno:

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, SilviaM said:

Thank you! I hadn't seen the email yet. I will give it a try, but many countries are missing again (Italy for example isn't on the list) :dunno:

Czechia is not listed either. Moreover, the rules say that the participation is open to French citizens :dunno: 

46 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

JEU CONCOURS

s.gif

TENTER MA CHANCE

For once UK is on the list for something that's French! :lmfao:

I don't care if I'm breaking the rules I'm still going to enter! :biggrin2:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vero Bott said:

Czechia is not listed either. Moreover, the rules say that the participation is open to French citizens :dunno: 

Well, since the rules are all in French, I couldn't even read them. :teehee:  Seriously, for some reason I'm not able to even copy the text out of the PDF to try to translate.

Ah well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

50 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Well, since the rules are all in French, I couldn't even read them. :teehee:  Seriously, for some reason I'm not able to even copy the text out of the PDF to try to translate.

Ah well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

It seems to be just a scanned dokument or sth, so it can't be copied in a regular way. But this is what it says:

Article 2: Conditions of participation

2.1 This Game is open to any natural person residing in mainland France (Corsica included), whether or not a customer of Universal Music France, who wishes to register for free from the web page:

https://digital.umusic.com/setlist-mika. The company reserves the right to carry out all necessary checks concerning the identity, postal and/or electronic address of participants

So it seems the competition is not open for the rest of us 😭

• Sad 1