MIKA’s Social Media and Official Website Updates - 2024

Ax07

5 minutes ago, mellody said:

Cool, thanks! Were you there, did you get to see him today?

Yes - I heard a rumour and spoke nicely to my boss who let me go. I didn’t get there till after 4 and they stopped filming at 6. The production team announced the filming times for tomorrow, encouraging people to come back (so it’s not a secret!) Mika was kind and did some selfies at the end - my first time meeting him! Today has been a good day! 😀

• Like 11

35 minutes ago, ACG said:

Yes - I heard a rumour and spoke nicely to my boss who let me go. I didn’t get there till after 4 and they stopped filming at 6. The production team announced the filming times for tomorrow, encouraging people to come back (so it’s not a secret!) Mika was kind and did some selfies at the end - my first time meeting him! Today has been a good day! 😀

Aww, that's awesome! So happy for you!! :wub2: If you want to tell more and/or post photos, feel free to do so in The Piano thread: https://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/36553-the-piano-renewed-for-second-series/page/5/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

He can ice skate?! So elegantly too! Very curious to know how this will be incorporated into the tour now! 

It‘s a very good core workout, I think that’s why he’s doing it. Especially on ice! But like yourself I am actually more curious to see him make spectacular pirouettes on stage :biggrin2:

• Haha 4

Could it rather be for his new tv project he didn't want to talk about ?

Something like an ice skating contest for celebrities ??????

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, carafon said:

Something like an ice skating contest for celebrities ??????

My Mum saw Mika's video and questioned whether he's training for 'Dancing on Ice'! 😆

It's a show just like you described, ice skating for celebrities! But I'm not sure if there's anything like it outside the UK, is there??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My Mum saw Mika's video and questioned whether he's training for 'Dancing on Ice'! 😆

It's a show just like you described, ice skating for celebrities! But I'm not sure if there's anything like it outside the UK, is there??

Mika is not exactly the best dancer on solid ground, I dread to think of what he would look like dancing on ice :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, silver said:

Mika is not exactly the best dancer on solid ground, I dread to think of what he would look like dancing on ice :teehee:

Mika: "I can throw shapes, just not in the right order"... proceeds to break bones on the ice 😅

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Oh god, please no, not that. It's a show for dried up celebs in the frantic last gasp of their careers, not for a talented musician with many years of creativity still in him. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Hero said:

It's a show for dried up celebs in the frantic last gasp of their careers

Oh I know that, stopped watching it years ago when the novelty had well and truly worn off. The so called "celebrities" tend to do it for their own promotional needs rather than anything meaningful. Much the same with any celeb reality show...

(Bake Off being the exception of course!).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh thank heavens, I love that show.

No soggy bottoms round yours then? :biggrin2:

*Realises "Not since the kids were toilet trained" is a very likely answer.* :lmfao:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Oh thank heavens, I love that show.

If you'd like to talk about it, you could always open a thread for it.

(That's my subtle way of saying maybe you're getting a bit off topic ;))

Besides, as fun as this theory is, I think the chances of him currently training for a dancing on ice type tv show are slim to none but what do I know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CharlotteL said:

If you'd like to talk about it, you could always open a thread for it.

(That's my subtle way of saying maybe you're getting a bit off topic ;))

Besides, as fun as this theory is, I think the chances of him currently training for a dancing on ice type tv show are slim to none but what do I know.

Yeah but if he starts now, imagine how good he'll be in 20 years time... :bow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I also wonder, does that mean he'll have a mobile ice rink on tour? Or maybe just for one particular show? Or is he just training his balance / posture?

12 hours ago, silver said:

I love his dancing. The point is to not be afraid to express yourself, even if some people analyze it too much and mock you about it. As he sings in the 2nd verse of Jane Birkin. Then it can be a very powerful way of expression, that connects with the crowd. The Mika dance videos I put up on Tiktok last year did really well - sure, some people say "what drugs did he take?" (those who apparently don't know how to have fun without drugs :mf_rosetinted:), but most comments are very positive.

About his ice skating, I wonder how good he was at it as a kid? As he said it's his first time on ice since then. (Tho it's at least 2 times, he's wearing different clothes in the video :teehee:) I did figure skating for years until the age of ca. 15, so the things he's doing in his video would come back naturally to me after a few minutes on the ice. But I wouldn't remember, or still be able to do, all the jumps & figures. So that makes me wonder if he remembered these things from when he was a kid, if he did it often enough back then to feel safe on the ice, so he just had to remember? Or if he had to learn them now. In the latter case that surely must've taken some practise. Anyway, I love seeing him on the ice, makes me miss ice skating, I haven't been for years. And makes me want to go ice skating with Mika - it's probably the only kind of sports where I could keep up with him, or even teach him a few things. :lol: (ok, ballroom dancing might be another one, but I doubt he's interested in that :dunno_grin:)

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, mellody said:

About his ice skating, I wonder how good he was at it as a kid? As he said it's his first time on ice since then.

I think because of his good basic core stability (horseback riding and does functional training 1-2 a week, like he mentioned in the interview with the CEO of the Clinique La Prairie), plus he’s also a runner which means you have strong legs, you can pick it up quite quickly with a few pointers. 
To me it seems like he’s just having fun :biggrin2: but with any kind of sporty activity, it does open you mind when it comes to range of motion and maybe some moves on stage :wink2:

• Like 5

15 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Maybe Japan or Korea ?.....I think that ice skating is quite popular in these countries

But it just may be because the weather in Europe is too bad to run outside   :boat:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carafon said:

Maybe Japan or Korea ?.....I think that ice skating is quite popular in these countries

But it just may be because the weather in Europe is too bad to run outside   :boat:

I just googled it, and this TV show (or similar ones) seems to have run in quite a few countries, including the US, Australia and Germany. But from what I can see, they've stopped. The last one in Germany was in 2019. Anyway, I doubt Mika would take part in such a show. I can imagine him doing The Masked Singer, but not a show where he has to learn choreographies. His strength is free expression, and every time he tried to do choreographies, even if he learned them well, it felt like someone had cropped his wings and put him in a cage. That's just not him. :dunno_grin:

Btw, the weather here is quite good, Mika could come to Germany for running outside. :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mellody said:

I just googled it, and this TV show (or similar ones) seems to have run in quite a few countries, including the US, Australia and Germany. But from what I can see, they've stopped. The last one in Germany was in 2019. Anyway, I doubt Mika would take part in such a show. I can imagine him doing The Masked Singer, but not a show where he has to learn choreographies. His strength is free expression, and every time he tried to do choreographies, even if he learned them well, it felt like someone had cropped his wings and put him in a cage. That's just not him. :dunno_grin:

Btw, the weather here is quite good, Mika could come to Germany for running outside. :naughty:

Just as I was writing this, he posted. 😅 He's filming something in the UK. So maybe it IS that show? Or a new music video? As he had Jane Birkin playing in the other video, maybe he wants to add more to the music video?

• Like 1