Getting To Know You

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Oh, hey, look! A place to explain why I come across as so pedantic and incredibly awkward sometimes! :biggrin2:

I'm 34 until mid-November this year. I work as a caregiver for my brother who has a developmental delay and epilepsy. I'm looking for a work in the creative field in an actual city (so that I'll have the possibility of actually dating someday.)

I've never had a boyfriend, never been married, never been pregnant, and did live entirely alone for 8 years. Living alone was awesome, though occasionally very lonely.

My earliest memories are of living in Japan. My family moved back to the states when I was almost 6 years old. I never adjusted to American culture because my family relocated every 6-9 months, so I never had the chance to adjust to anything. I was verbally and physically harassed at every single school I ever went to until I got to university. I was younger, shorter, fatter, smarter, and weirder than anybody else in my class because I started school a full year earlier than most people and didn't any of the things that most kids did. I liked to read adult level books in grade school and write stories, plays, and poems. I didn't watch TV and didn't care about owning cool toys or sports. Bad American, no apple pie.

I grew up mostly in Montana with short stays in California and Ohio, so I'm used to living in small towns and big cities still kind of freak me out. I moved to Washington 12 years ago because my dad wasn't long for this earth. Been stuck here ever since and I miss the Rocky Mountains every single day.

I put in three years of study towards an English degree from the University of Montana. I have an Associate of Arts degree and an Associate of Applied Sciences in Network Administration. I worked as manager of a graphic design department in a small company for a year and a half. I made area maps for RV Park site guides and loved every minute of it. I do proofreading and editing for fun and fix people's computers when they ask.

I am a knowledge sponge. I especially love learning how things work. I am fascinated by human relationships, so I know more than anybody should about the mechanics of how human beings fit together socially and physically. Religion and physics are my two favorite subjects. I am a romantic in the classic sense of the word and keep myself grounded with a healthy dose of realism.

I've been participating in online forums since 1995, back when they were text based message boards that you needed to know some basic codes to access. I remember when it was cheaper to build a computer from parts than it was to buy one new and you could upgrade them for a few years before they became obsolete. I really enjoyed finding cheap parts and plugging them in. Never got into overclocking, but I did learn how to do it because it was interesting. I guess I'm a bit of a geek, but I don't know as much about stuff as my friends, who do it for a living.

I love engineers and artists. Most of my friends are one or both. So, I see things like working for NASA, recording albums, and writing books the way I see any job because I'm used to those kinds of work stories. I guess that's why I don't get fangirly in the same ways as many other people. I'm used to being a fan of people I actually know. I'm a huge fan of each of my friends, but it's hard to drool over people you actually know because they laugh at you :naughty: (Seriously, it's really hard to drool over someone when that person thinks your drooling is hilarious. :blush-anim-cl: )

When I grow up, I want to be a writer or otherwise involved in creative projects. :biggrin2:

Awww, Rivers, lovely post...:huglove:

I envy your writing...:wub2:

Yeah :pinkbow:

I think we lived there for two and a half years. I loved it so much.

Cultures change a lot over time, so I doubt I'd be comfortable if I moved there. However, I loved living there and I still find cherry blossoms, anime, and Pocky deeply comforting. I still have the kimono that was made for me by an old Japanese lady, who sort of adopted my family.

I miss Mount Fuji even more than I miss the Rocky Mountains. I always tell people to say hi to Mount Fuji for me when they go to Japan :wub2:

I belong in Japan, I reckon I was born in the wrong country. :aah:

Thank you! :blush-anim-cl:

I envy your visual creativity. The stuff you do with Photoshop is awesome! :wub2:

thanks for inviting me coz you obviously want me in your group....LMAO!! :lmfao:

Which group are you referring to?:shocked:

The weird and loonies one?:blink:

Yes, that's where i want you to meet me...:naughty::roftl:

Oooohh Ooooohhh Oooohhh - I have never posted here, so yall do not know me at all :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

My name is Holly (the D) stands for Denise. I am 32 years old *but, feel/act like I am 16* Probably cause <my life> ended when I was a mere 16-years-old. Okay maybe not (ended) but was altered FOREVER! I got married when I was 16. And only a month later I became pregnant. I gave birth to Austin Wayne (Iron_Man) when I was 17. He is now 15. Looking at him - I can see JUST how much a 'child' I was. I do not for one second regret having Austin, he is the light of my life! I just wish I had realized at the time . . . that I was just a little girl - with a WHOLE lot of growing up still to do.

My husband was my Best Friend. Who was GUESS WHAT - g a y. We ended our 'marriage' . . . and 2 years later I gave birth to Alysia Wade (Alysia_Adams) I was only 19-years-old and had 2 children! :freak:

I now have 3 kids - the thrid came along 7 years ago. (Taiyla_Madison)

All three of my kids have different fathers, and are all three different races. Austin - White, Alysia - Mexican & Taiyla - Haitian. No one can say that I am prejudice! :roftl:

I did work at a Law Firm for the past 4 years - but, was laid off *like SO many Americans* in February. :( Things have been rough and sad this year! But, seeing Mika in June was AMAZING! And I cannot wait to see him next month! Mika REALLY brightens up my world and my life!

. . . I could NOT leave here without mentioning Rufus! :teehee:

It is ALL because of Mika that I even know WHO Rufus Wainwright is! And I am SO thankful for that! I have never been SO touched or inspired by another human being like I have by Rufus. He truly lit a fire in my soul. A fire that will burn bright blazing through my life with the power of a thousand suns. He is my heart and soul and I could not love him more! :wub2:

Oooohh Ooooohhh Oooohhh - I have never posted here, so yall do not know me at all :mf_rosetinted:

My name is Holly (the D) stands for Denise. I am 32 years old *but, feel/act like I am 16* Probably cause <my life> ended when I was a mere 16-years-old. Okay maybe not (ended) but was altered FOREVER! I got married when I was 16. And only a month later I became pregnant. I gave birth to Austin Wayne (Iron_Man) when I was 17. He is now 15. Looking at him - I can see JUST how much a 'child' I was. I do not for one second regret having Austin, he is the light of my life! I just wish I had realized at the time . . . that I was just a little girl - with a WHOLE lot of growing up still to do.

My husband was my Best Friend. Who was GUESS WHAT - g a y. We ended our 'marriage' . . . and 2 years later I gave birth to Alysia Wade (Alysia_Adams) I was only 19-years-old and had 2 children! :freak:

All three of my kids have different fathers, and are all three different races. Austin - White, Alysia - Mexican & Taiyla - Haitian. No one can say that I am prejudice! :roftl:

I did work at a Law Firm for the past 4 years - but, was laid off *like SO many Americans* in February. :( Things have been rough and sad this year! But, seeing Mika in June was AMAZING! And I cannot wait to see him next month! Mika REALLY brightens up my world and my life!

It is ALL because of Mika that I even know WHO Rufus Wainwright is! And I am SO thankful for that! I have never been SO touched or inspired by another human being like I have by Rufus. He truly lit a fire in my soul. A fire that will burn bright blazing through my life with the power of a thousand suns. He is my heart and soul and I could not love him more! :wub2:

u wowed me:shocked::aah:

i hope u are having a wonderful life now!!! and i truely udstand how mika has introduced a whole new world for u.... cuz same on me, i wouldn't listen to english songs/watch eng tv programmes/be obsessed with the UK that much w/o mika:wub2:

I belong in Japan, I reckon I was born in the wrong country. :aah:

Oh why?

Please tell us more!:wub2:

AH!:roftl:

Maybe we can do some stuff together then...:naughty:

And we might as well invite Caz...:naughty:

Possibilities are endless!:teehee:

I bet they are! :shocked::boxed::lmao::lmao:

The three of you in a group!

Two writers and one of them a computer wizard, and one picture magician!:sweatdrop:

Mika, or the MFC by all means, will never know what hit them!:biggrin2:

not to say i'm that much of a newbie,but well,since this thread is opened up,i might as well introduce myself in a more proper way.

my real name is azliyana binti azlee,i'm from malaysia.call me yana.am 16 and i'm in a junior band called Midway Scarlet,playing the role as co-founder/songwriter/vocalist/rhythm guitarist for the band.i love Mika and Michael Jackson.both of them influence me a lot in my music and in my style. :blush-anim-cl: oh also,i'm obsessed with mafia wars,haha.

u wowed me:shocked::aah:

i hope u are having a wonderful life now!!! and i truely udstand how mika has introduced a whole new world for u.... cuz same on me, i wouldn't listen to english songs/watch eng tv programmes/be obsessed with the UK that much w/o mika:wub2:

ha ha ha :huglove:

My life IS good now! Despite ALL of the hardships! I have learned in life you sometimes have to take what you have - and make the BEST of it. There have been times that something as little as having a positive attitude made ALL of the difference! I try to encourage and empower women to be strong and independent and to KNOW that they can stand on their own. (SO many women in this country FEEL like they HAVE to have a man in their lives to make it or be 'complete') and THAT is SO not true!

BUT, to tell you the TRUTH - I don't think I would last a single day without my children!!! :no:

Can I write your biography? :wub2:

• 10 months later...

My name is Catherine, I am 39, married and have 3 kids: a girl born January 1 2000 and twins boys born in November 2001.

I live in Montreal, Canada but grew up in Quebec City.

I am a marketing consultant for a life insurance company, working on savings products. I have a background in finance.

I discover Mika through my daughter. She asked me to buy her Life in cartoon motion. I was going through a though time: job sucked, my dad recently passed away after a 2-year struggle with cancer so I really needed something to cheer me up: Mika's music was perfect for that:biggrin2: I almost cried when I heard Blue Eyes for the first time, reminds me of my beloved daddy.

Now I am addicted.:naughty: What more can I say!

My name is Catherine, I am 39, married and have 3 kids: a girl born January 1 2000 and twins boys born in November 2001.

I live in Montreal, Canada but grew up in Quebec City.

I am a marketing consultant for a life insurance company, working on savings products. I have a background in finance.

I discover Mika through my daughter. She asked me to buy her Life in cartoon motion. I was going through a though time: job sucked, my dad recently passed away after a 2-year struggle with cancer so I really needed something to cheer me up: Mika's music was perfect for that:biggrin2: I almost cried when I heard Blue Eyes for the first time, reminds me of my beloved daddy.

Now I am addicted.:naughty: What more can I say!

YEH!

Awwwwwwww .. Im sorry to hear that ... its suprising how many times I've read Mika has brought comfort to fans:thumb_yello:

I've never seen this thread! So I'm gonna give it a shot!

My name is Bailey, I'm 18 and 18 years ago I was in Washington and 7 months later (when my grampa died) I moved to Nebraska to be closer to family. Every year after that we've moved, whether it's in town or across country. A few years later I had to get my tounge "clipped" meaning that they had to make it longer because I couldn't get it past my teeth. I had to re-learn how to talk because of it. Which is probably why I'm still not a talker. But I've always loved music and that's when I started making up songs. When I started school I was always playing kickball with the guys, or soccer with the guys, or dodgeball with the guys. I was a real tomboy and I still am. Most of my best friends thought I was a guy at first, and my deeper voice doesn't really help that. I'm an only child but when I was seven I had 2 step sisters who were both older. One of them hated my guts (probably because I took her position of been the smallest and cutest in the family) and the other had her best friend chase me around the house with her glass eye. Then we moved to Arizona where I had a lot of problems in school, it was also the place that I was the quietest. I watched a lot of tv then. When we moved back to Nebraska I picked up the trumpet and fell in love with playing music. I was also placed in the Advanced Choir. But they took me out a week later so I could learn to sew. The band teacher started bragging about me to other teachers, high school teachers. But I never got to meet them because we then moved back to Arizona. My biggest fear was that I wouldn't like my band teacher. Which is what ended up happening and I took a break from the trumpet. I'm picking it up again now with hopes of playing in the Jazz Band. I'm going to take guitar next year and I took Musical Theatre and Choir this year. So I guess you can see that I love music! :D

But I guess part of the reason I like Mika so much is because he's moved so much, like I have, and he's had moments in his life where he hasn't talked, like I have, and he loves music, like I do.

I'm sorry if that seemed like a rant. . .

Not really a newbie.. but, I like doing is it autobiographies of biography? whichever is writing about yourself :biggrin2:

Okay, So.. :teehee: I'm Kaitlin, I'm 14 Years Old, I'm from Greenwood, South Carolina, USA..

I LOVE Music, I've only seen one Live concert, which was "Dave Matthews Band" :wub2: but, that will all change when Mika returns to the US! even if I have to make it to Philly or Chicago or NY.. except Miami.. My Mom doesn't care for Miami.

I've grown up in the Southern US my whole life,in the same city, gets Kind of Boring but I'll deal with it.. until I'm 18!! then it's the City Life .. and College.. :lol3: I am obsessed with Fashion, and Style, I take things that I see in teen vogue, and I like to mix them with other things, except uggs leather and fur. that's a NO-NO. :naughty:

I Like tea, lots of tea, I couldn't live with out tea.. :mf_rosetinted: which is all good, until you go to the dentist..

I am definitely a performing type person, I dance, sing and I used to be a cheerleader, Singing is my favorite though :wub2: not many places around here to have much experience though, so for right now, I just stick to singing in church.. and I take dance, I've taken Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Hip-Hop and pom

I Love Airplanes, well.. I love flying in them, I hate School.. :naughty: especially Algebra, I Love Photography, I am terrorfied of spiders. I have a lazy eye.. LOL. :boxed: umm.. I have brown hair.. and brown eyes, I'm 5'6(I think..) Okay, enough babbling about me. :pinkbow: