MIKA @ Italia Love Wave Festival (former Arezzo Wave) - Florence (Italy)

Yoppappop

well, tuscany is a great place for red wine!!!

i know! :das::naughty:

and thanx in advance for asking them about the camping! :wink2:

what shall we expect?

he seems to cancel all unimportant places....

...are we important or not? :boxed:

of course we are!!! think positively!! :biggrin2:

jeyjen...you have to change yr signature...22nd october 'somewhere in italy'!!! :naughty: :naughty:

cannot be nearer, that 'somewhere'!

:doh: completely forgot! :bleh: maybe because i still can't believe it!!! :naughty:

anyway, robertina, eir, i really hope we are important for him...and he won't cancel us :tears:

eir hun, are you coming to florence?

I think I'll decide on 18th morning :boxed:

A friend of mine is almost sure he can come with me (he wants to see Scissor Sisters) but I have an exam on 18th and will have to convince my father in a few hours :naughty:

A friend of mine is almost sure he can come with me (he wants to see Scissor Sisters) but I have an exam on 18th and will have to convince my father in a few hours :naughty:

hope you will come then!!! maybe you should start mention this thing to your dad now...good luck!:wink2:

cross fingers and lollipops for you!:thumb_yello:

yes giulietta!

-16 days!

i'll take all my flashing hearts, now i've got 10.

i'll be pink dressed, more or less, as a piggy pig! but not on a fancy dress...

i'll wait till october for that!...have to find all my courage!

maybe i'll phone you one of these days...i love voice contact!

YES roby! Call me when you want!! If you want... we can chat during our queue in London!!! ahahahah :D

jeyjen, thanx a lot for your pm! :biggrin: - and just let me know if they answer some time to the mail you wrote, or if they start offering the booking.

will any of you guys stay at the festival camping place? i found some cheap hostels now, too, and another camping place, where you don't have to bring your own tent, it's "Plus Camping Michelangelo in Florence", Viale Michelangelo 80, 50125 Firenze - it says, it's located close to the sightseeing points, but i wonder how difficult it would be to reach the festival from this place? as we're on the festival mainly for one day, and the rest of the time we want to do sightseeing, and the festival is not located directly in the city, we think it might be better to stay somewhere closer to the city... but then of course it would be cool if many of us MFCers were together on the festival camping place, then we could party the night through together :naughty:

jeyjen, is there more info about the free shuttle bus you mentioned? so it goes from rifredi station to the festival, right? how long, how often, also at night? do you know? and is rifredi station close to the sightseeing points and town centre, maybe nightlife/clubs? if not, how much is a normal bus to the town centre, are there any direct connections from the festival place?

sorry, many questions...:blush-anim-cl:

Mika is very sick guys...:tears: he's pneumonia

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6472

i know, i know.....

everytime i see this thread bumped, i expect a cancellation coming! :sneaky2:

what can we expect?

i hope he will recover and sing in florence!

what else? we don't even know any news for sure and definitive...unless they annouce something on mikasounds i suppose!

I really dunno...but.......I'm not expecting anything good...

Afterall, if he's really so bad, I prefer him taking some rest. I mean...he's human and pneumonia is a bad illness...very debilitating :tears:

My cousin has just recovered and she had a very bad time :sad:

My boss has just found out this morning that yesterday i was at work till midnight and he told me: next week you'll take a free day (not sure if he was joking or not though). I want the 19th free not next week!! :(

My boss has just found out this morning that yesterday i was at work till midnight and he told me: next week you'll take a free day (not sure if he was joking or not though). I want the 19th free not next week!! :(

well tell him you wanna trade the day next week for the 19th

in the end it`s still a free day you earned :biggrin2:

I really dunno...but.......I'm not expecting anything good...

Afterall, if he's really so bad, I prefer him taking some rest. I mean...he's human and pneumonia is a bad illness...very debilitating :tears:

My cousin has just recovered and she had a very bad time :sad:

I hope it just sounds worse than it is... :sad::no:

let`s think positive,there are about 2 more weeks left,it`s summer and warm so that speeds up a recovery.

I`m hoping he won`t cancel...but if he dose..there`s nothing to do about it :sad:

jeyjen, thanx a lot for your pm! - and just let me know if they answer some time to the mail you wrote, or if they start offering the booking.

will any of you guys stay at the festival camping place? i found some cheap hostels now, too, and another camping place, where you don't have to bring your own tent, it's "Plus Camping Michelangelo in Florence", Viale Michelangelo 80, 50125 Firenze - it says, it's located close to the sightseeing points, but i wonder how difficult it would be to reach the festival from this place? as we're on the festival mainly for one day, and the rest of the time we want to do sightseeing, and the festival is not located directly in the city, we think it might be better to stay somewhere closer to the city... but then of course it would be cool if many of us MFCers were together on the festival camping place, then we could party the night through together

jeyjen, is there more info about the free shuttle bus you mentioned? so it goes from rifredi station to the festival, right? how long, how often, also at night? do you know? and is rifredi station close to the sightseeing points and town centre, maybe nightlife/clubs? if not, how much is a normal bus to the town centre, are there any direct connections from the festival place?

sorry, many questions...:blush-anim-cl:

1) my e-mail: they answered me and told me that all the info i need are on the web site :boxed: nothing else...

2) i've already been to michelangelo camping and i can tell you that it's a perfect place if you want to visit the city. it's just 10mins walking from the town centre and there are many bus connections which can bring you to the centre. but of course it could be a bit more complicated to reach the festival from there.

3) mellody, no more info about the free buses. just what i wrote you. yes, they go from rifredi station to the festival.how long: i think about 15 mins with bus. how often: don't know, maybe every 30 mins. at night: don't think so...there should be some night buses but i'm not sure. i'll check if you want.

4)rifredi station: that station isn't close to the town centre.you have to take a bus:10 mins with the bus and the ticket costs 1,20€.there's a bus that can bring you direct from santa maria novella station to the festival. the ticket costs 1,20€ too, and there's a bus every 15 mins.

5) as far as i know, i'm the only one that will sleep at the festival

ok, i think i answered all your questions...hope you can understand something :blush-anim-cl:

I hope it just sounds worse than it is... :sad::no:

let`s think positive,there are about 2 more weeks left,it`s summer and warm so that speeds up a recovery.

I`m hoping he won`t cancel...but if he dose..there`s nothing to do about it :sad:

ioana me too!!! i really hope he can recover soon! :mf_rosetinted:

hey jeyjen,where are you guys going to stay for the festival?

my friends and i are going to stay at the camping area of the festival!! :punk: maybe arcenciel too, but i'm not sure! and i know robertina is gonna stay in a hotel near the festival area :blink:

my friends and i are going to stay at the camping area of the festival!! :punk: maybe arcenciel too, but i'm not sure! and i know robertina is gonna stay in a hotel near the festival area :blink:

and when will you arrive there? I`m gonna love having the big MFc meet :biggrin2:

and when will you arrive there? I`m gonna love having the big MFc meet :biggrin2:

i'll arrive in florence on 19th july..and then leave the evening of 20th july with all the calm and peace possible :naughty:

jeyjen, thanx again for all the info! :original: i think they have changed something on the website now, is it possible that the note is gone that said "soon you can book camping"? is there anything new about the booking?

i also wrote them an email now, because they didn't answer your questions... when i tell them i can't speak italian, they won't tell me "look on the website" :naughty: so here's what they answered (they included 3 words in my email :wink2:):

> I'm going to the Festival from Germany and I have a question about the prices for camping. Are they:

>

> per person or per tent?

per person

> per night or altogether? (because it gets cheaper on the 19th and 21st)

altogether

so if they didn't make a mistake, it's altogether, wow! REALLY cheap! :biggrin2: so now i know for sure that i will go anyway, even if mika cancels, i'll probably never again get a chance to stay in florence for 5 nights for only 20 euro! :bleh: even if i have to pay the buses to the city. there probably is some sort of day-ticket or travelcard for public transport in florence, like there is in many cities, might be cheaper to get around with that.

i just hope that the camping still will be possible to book, wouldn't be good if it was already full when i arrive on the 18th.

oh, and lets all keep our fingers crossed for ioana, she fears that she might have to be at university and won't be able to go! :shocked: ioana, i wish you all the good luck you can get (well, ok, not all, we still need some for mika not cancelling :naughty: - but a lot!) that your university stuff won't be on the same date!

jeyjen, thanx again for all the info! i think they have changed something on the website now, is it possible that the note is gone that said "soon you can book camping"? is there anything new about the booking?

i also wrote them an email now, because they didn't answer your questions... when i tell them i can't speak italian, they won't tell me "look on the website" so here's what they answered (they included 3 words in my email

> I'm going to the Festival from Germany and I have a question about the prices for camping. Are they:

>

> per person or per tent?

per person

> per night or altogether? (because it gets cheaper on the 19th and 21st)

altogether

so if they didn't make a mistake, it's altogether, wow! REALLY cheap! so now i know for sure that i will go anyway, even if mika cancels, i'll probably never again get a chance to stay in florence for 5 nights for only 20 euro! even if i have to pay the buses to the city. there probably is some sort of day-ticket or travelcard for public transport in florence, like there is in many cities, might be cheaper to get around with that.

i just hope that the camping still will be possible to book, wouldn't be good if it was already full when i arrive on the 18th.

oh, and lets all keep our fingers crossed for ioana, she fears that she might have to be at university and won't be able to go! ioana, i wish you all the good luck you can get (well, ok, not all, we still need some for mika not cancelling - but a lot!) that your university stuff won't be on the same date!

ioana good luuuuck!!! i really hope you can come!! uff, university :thumbdown:

then, mellody, they answered you??? :shocked: why did they answer you? that's not fair :tears: just because i'm italian :thumbdown:

wow, just 20€ per 5 days!! :punk: anyway, about the booking, you're right! the sentence disappeared :blink: but still no chance to book..i'll write them an e-mail.. hope this time they answer my questions...maybe i should write them telling them that i'm from, dunno know, france or czech republic :naughty: so they'd answer me..and i reallt hope there's a chance to book cause i'll arrive on 19th..

about the buses: there are day-tickets (5€) or 3 day-tickets (12€)..anyway i give you the link to their web site so you can see better what you need.the site is in english too! http://www.ataf.net/Template/ListBiglietti.aspx?LN=en-US&idC=82

quick recap, jen. IF I can come is there actuallya bus that takes ya from the railway station to the venue and back, even in the middle of the night?

yes hun.well:

> santa maria novella - festival: there's line 30. every 15-20 mins

> festival - santa maria novella: line 30 or line 29. every 15 mins. but last bus is at 00.24, then the next one is at 5.39 am

> rifredi station - festival and festival - rifredi station: free buses provided by the festival. i don't know if these buses work also in the night

then, mellody, they answered you??? why did they answer you? that's not fair :tears: just because i'm italian :thumbdown:

wow, just 20€ per 5 days!! anyway, about the booking, you're right! the sentence disappeared but still no chance to book..i'll write them an e-mail.. hope this time they answer my questions...maybe i should write them telling them that i'm from, dunno know, france or czech republic :naughty: so they'd answer me..and i reallt hope there's a chance to book cause i'll arrive on 19th..

about the buses: there are day-tickets (5€) or 3 day-tickets (12€)..anyway i give you the link to their web site so you can see better what you need.the site is in english too! http://www.ataf.net/Template/ListBiglietti.aspx?LN=en-US&idC=82

thanx! :biggrin2: yeah, i wrote them on friday and today they answered. good idea, if you have an e-mail-address that doesn't give away that you're italian (e.g. @hotmail.com or @gmx.net), pretend you're from somewhere else and write them in english. :wink2: i think the chances are better that they will answer if you keep the mail as short as possible and ask only questions they can answer with 2 words, lol! :naughty:

well i don't blame them, they surely have a lot of work to do and probably don't get a lot of money for their job, as the festival is for free.