Mika @ Ibiza Rocks! - August 7-8 2007

dcdeb

Poor Mika - and I mean it, I trust Mirtilla... :sad: I wonder if and how he will perform... JeyJen, good to have you as our 'messenger', and could you say thank you to Mirtilla for her reports?

I really do feel bad about Mika :(

Thanks Jeyjen!

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Probably he will give himself for a full hour and hopefully he will be off to bed straight after.

And if he doesn't the MFC girls should personally guide him to bed. :sneaky2:

[Edit] No, better: kick him to bed. :wink2:

dunno..i guess she saw him. she said: "you can tell everyone that he's really ill" and i've got no news so far :blink:

I don't know why I'm such a coldhearted b!tch these days, but if he is that ill he should be in bed and not in Ibiza :boxed: I'm of course glad the people who went there will get a concert, but if he is that ill then he should cancel everything and go home, this is bloody insane :boxed: He was ill in Germany in april, he was ill in USA, he was ill when he cancelled this and that, he is ill now...I can't actually recall a time when he wasn't ill...but when I met him and he told me he was ill, he sure as hell didn't look ill, so it has to be a hell of a lot worse now if you can actually see it :blink:

I don't know why I'm such a coldhearted b!tch these days, but if he is that ill he should be in bed and not in Ibiza :boxed: I'm of course glad the people who went there will get a concert, but if he is that ill then he should cancel everything and go home, this is bloody insane :boxed: He was ill in Germany in april, he was ill in USA, he was ill when he cancelled this and that, he is ill now...I can't actually recall a time when he wasn't ill...but when I met him and he told me he was ill, he sure as hell didn't look ill, so it has to be a hell of a lot worse now if you can actually see it :blink:

i think he's in ibiza cos he couldn't cancel this one too...or maybe cos ibiza means a lot to him. and i also think he's selecting his appointments now, doing the ones he can't/doesn't want to cancel while he's waiting to "go on holiday". or at least take some rest from this insane tour.

i agree with you on the part that if he's so ill he shoudn't be there, but...and probably THEY played a bit with the story of the illness lately, and now it became true. he's really ill..dunno i'm just guessing since we don't have any reliable news but mirtilla.

...:boxed: I wonder what he's up to on Friday :boxed: This topic will never get old as it seems...this is so weird, either you go all 'poor boy' and feel fooled afterwards learning that he was not ill actually, or you find a sarcastic hat on holiday, be sceptical about everything and feel bad afterwards...

i think he's in ibiza cos he couldn't cancel this one too...or maybe cos ibiza means a lot to him. and i also think he's selecting his appointments now, doing the ones he can't/doesn't want to cancel while he's waiting to "go on holiday". or at least take some rest from this insane tour.

i agree with you on the part that if he's so ill he shoudn't be there, but...and probably THEY played a bit with the story of the illness lately, and now it became true. he's really ill..dunno i'm just guessing since we don't have any reliable news but mirtilla.

Hope she'll be able to tell us more soon :boxed:

See, this is why I agreed with Christine that he really is having health problems and cancelling everything except the gigs he has to do. This is also why I want there to be some kind of official statement from his camp. He is sick, but because of the way everything's been handled, no one believes it now.

--Jack

...:boxed: I wonder what he's up to on Friday :boxed: This topic will never get old as it seems...this is so weird, either you go all 'poor boy' and feel fooled afterwards learning that he was not ill actually, or you find a sarcastic hat on holiday, be sceptical about everything and feel bad afterwards...

which means: this situation sucks!! :boxed:

He'll probably be in Bryant Park bright and early. :boxed:

Not that I don't want him to, because the American exposure would be great for him, but if he's that ill, then I'd much rather him take the day off to rest.

See, this is why I agreed with Christine that he really is having health problems and cancelling everything except the gigs he has to do. This is also why I want there to be some kind of official statement from his camp. He is sick, but because of the way everything's been handled, no one believes it now.

--Jack

either that or hungover from last night's beach party....yupp some of us don't believe it now :boxed:

He'll probably be in Bryant Park bright and early. :boxed:

Not that I don't want him to, because the American exposure would be great for him, but if he's that ill, then I'd much rather him take the day off to rest.

...and be in top shape for V or at least able to pick up his tons of birthday cards there

...and be in top shape for V or at least able to pick up his tons of birthday cards there

He better be. :boxed:

I sent him a message on MySpace last night asking if there was any way that he could arrange something so that Bexxy will be able to give him the gifts, and went on about how everyone worked on it so hard, etc. But y'know, who knows if he'll actually read it...

>>>>>IMPORTANT<<<<<

mirtilla says that mika is really ill :( she saw him

Poor Mika.:boxed:

This is exactly why I didn't want to jump any conclusions and be all sarcastic. I knew he wouldn't be canceling all these shows without a good reason.

I just hope he gets better and that he finally gets some rest!

--Jack

Yes they need to make a statement but it seemed pretty obvious to me that he's been sick for real for the past couple of weeks. I understand why everyone is frustrated with the lack of communication but I don't quite get why everyone thinks he's just taking the piss after soooo many cancellations and not just one or two here and there that conflict with some other opportunities.

Unless he's hell bent on professional suicide there's no other reason he would be ducking out of so many obligations. Forget about his loyalty to fans, he's been busting his ass since he was a kid trying to launch a career. He's not going to throw it away now because he can't be arsed going to Austria or wherever.

We can't rush to judgement because he is seen here or there. Just because he's not in the hospital on life support doesn't mean he's fit on any given day to fly around and give a quasi-operatic vocal performance. There could be days when he doesn't want to get on stage because his voice sounds like ****e, on top of the fact that he feels lousy and wants to conserve his voice and energy for more critical performances.

And yes if he's sick he should be in bed instead of Ibiza, but don't you think this whole cancellation business sucks just as much for him as it does for the fans? I'm sure he *wants* to be in Ibiza because it is meaningful for him, as was Glastonbury and the Olympia. I'm sure he is desperate to make it to GMA, desperate enough to cancel some other gigs that could compromise his health even further.

It appears as if he's foreit a US tour in September in order to get some proper rest. But I don't blame him for trying to get through these last couple of important gigs before he's off. Not saying it's the wisest move for his health, but it's understandable.

Yes they need to make a statement but it seemed pretty obvious to me that he's been sick for real for the past couple of weeks. I understand why everyone is frustrated with the lack of communication but I don't quite get why everyone thinks he's just taking the piss after soooo many cancellations and not just one or two here and there that conflict with some other opportunities.

Unless he's hell bent on professional suicide there's no other reason he would be ducking out of so many obligations. Forget about his loyalty to fans, he's been busting his ass since he was a kid trying to launch a career. He's not going to throw it away now because he can't be arsed going to Austria or wherever.

We can't rush to judgement because he is seen here or there. Just because he's not in the hospital on life support doesn't mean he's fit on any given day to fly around and give a quasi-operatic vocal performance. There could be days when he doesn't want to get on stage because his voice sounds like ****e, on top of the fact that he feels lousy and wants to conserve his voice and energy for more critical performances.

And yes if he's sick he should be in bed instead of Ibiza, but don't you think this whole cancellation business sucks just as much for him as it does for the fans? I'm sure he *wants* to be in Ibiza because it is meaningful for him, as was Glastonbury and the Olympia. I'm sure he is desperate to make it to GMA, desperate enough to cancel some other gigs that could compromise his health even further.

It appears as if he's foreit a US tour in September in order to get some proper rest. But I don't blame him for trying to get through these last couple of important gigs before he's off. Not saying it's the wisest move for his health, but it's understandable.

I was trying to type something up and I thought I'd just quot you, Christine, because I totally agree with everything you said there.

To me (as I have kept saying in my posts, to the annoyance of some I reckon :bleh: ) it has also been clear that he was always sick and that cancelling here and there was just a means of trying to 'savage' bits of it instead of just throwing the hat.

I do wish though that he would just do a blanket cancellation now and take care of himself and rest.

I know that he won't, that he will continue to hobble through a few of the 'major' ones coming up, but I still wish he would not.

I am really sorry for the Ibiza/and the following gigs people (and of course the already past events), but I am scared that he may compromise his health and his voice just for the sake of not disappointing.

And much as I would love to see him doing all his scheduled gigs, I do believe that he should force himself not to perform, and I feel really sorry for him because he must be positively feeling like cr@p at the moment.

In a physical sense, because he's sick, and also in an emotional sense because he can't deliver, because he probably thinks that his career is in jeopardy if he cancels too much, and perhaps even because he has heard how upset everyone is with the cancellations fiasco and thinks that he 'should' perform.

In any case I deeply feel for him and really want to send him all the love and hugs in the world.

Poor management or not, it is undeniable to me that he must be suffering as much as others in this situation, in fact probably more (just for other reasons).

Remember that for him it's about his whole future, it IS a big deal.

All I can say is that I am behind him 100%.

don't you think this whole cancellation business sucks just as much for him as it does for the fans?

For my part, I do. Annoyed as I am (we all are) about the lack of communication and the haphazard cancelling, I really believe Mika will be completely p***ed off with it all too.

But he needs to bite the bullet and make a statement of some kind to this effect! He would appear to be genuinely ill but surely he's still in possession of his wits..a little empathy with the fans is all that is needed..

I don't like the idea of him performing 'ill'. I wish he wasn't doing Ibiza or ANYTHING now until October. Sorry guys, that's my opinion.

Thanks, Christine! Obviously I agree. :wink2:

I never did get the idea that some people seemed to think he was cancelling everything because he just couldn't be bothered. Like, "oh, yeah, so I wanted to be a popstar but now I'm bored and want to go to the pub with my pals. Guess Spain is off then."

And going to beaches and hanging out with friends in parks or whatnot could be part of convalescence, I think.

--Jack

Thanks, Christine! Obviously I agree. :wink2:

I never did get the idea that some people seemed to think he was cancelling everything because he just couldn't be bothered. Like, "oh, yeah, so I wanted to be a popstar but now I'm bored and want to go to the pub with my pals. Guess Spain is off then."

And going to beaches and hanging out with friends in parks or whatnot could be part of convalescence, I think.

--Jack

Do you really think some people thought that, Jack?? I mean, here?

Perhaps it's naive of me, but I hope it isn't the case..

And of course the hanging in the park is part of his convalescence. Fresh air and brisk walks!! Just the stuff.

what can I say... I agree with you.

And maybe the two things need to be seen seperatly:

1. cancelling vs performing ill

2. communication towards the fans

The first one: maybe we should drop the sarcasm and try to believe the fact that he's ill and that Mika hates this situation even more than we do. If he wanted to be a musician since he was 11, it means he's pretty determined so this health-problem must be terrible for him.

The second one: frustrated because we don't know anything, we get sarcastic, and we start to question whether(?) he's really ill. In my opinion: those two are different things! (related offcourse, but not the same)

You get my point, or is it too confusing :boxed:

what can I say... I agree with you.

And maybe the two things need to be seen seperatly:

1. cancelling vs performing ill

2. communication towards the fans

The first one: maybe we should drop the sarcasm and try to believe the fact that he's ill and that Mika hates this situation even more than we do. If he wanted to be a musician since he was 11, it means he's pretty determined so this health-problem must be terrible for him.

The second one: frustrated because we don't know anything, we get sarcastic, and we start to question whether(?) he's really ill. In my opinion: those two are different things! (related offcourse, but not the same)

You get my point, or is it too confusing :boxed:

No, not confusing: very well said:biggrin2: