Mika @ Ibiza Rocks! - August 7-8 2007

dcdeb

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok its kind of sad to hear Mika is actually going through with this concert if he is really ill :thumbdown:

No one should be put through it at all if your ill your ill theres nothing you can do about it he should rest up i think it was mentioned earlier in this thread but if he really is ill shouldnt he just cancel everything in a block instead of one here and one there....by doing that i would be able to accept the cancellations alot easier...

I dont know how to take it all at the moment i will just wait for the reports to come back of how he performs on stage at Ibiza :blink:

ok its kind of sad to hear Mika is actually going through with this concert if he is really ill :thumbdown:

No one should be put through it at all if your ill your ill theres nothing you can do about it he should rest up i think it was mentioned earlier in this thread but if he really is ill shouldnt he just cancel everything in a block instead of one here and one there....by doing that i would be able to accept the cancellations alot easier...

I dont know how to take it all at the moment i will just wait for the reports to come back of how he performs on stage at Ibiza :blink:

i think it's much easier said than done... it's not good for an artist to just stop performing for a while i really have no clue what i'm talking about though :bleh:

I don't know what to think really...it is dreadful to think that Mika is going to preform if he is unwell...I hope it goes ok...he could end up far worse off

(Blue......what HAS Mirtilla got on video I wonder!}

I was thinking... performing on stage is probably like playing sports on a top level. Sport can be an 'addiction' (like performing on stage) and especially when money is involved (sponsorships etc.) one can go on and on and on even with a chronic injury - as good as it gets, with intensive treatment before and after every training and competition, dropping a training or competition here and there - but quitting the whole thing is out of the question - unless the person really breaks down.

Just a random thought from the perspective of someone who is involved with sports on a top level (well, not myself competing at a top level though :wink2:).

So it's still on despite his being really ill.

Not the best decision, I wouldn't have thought, can't be good for his voice, wonder if he'll make it to the end. Hope so for the sake of the MFCers there.

I was thinking... performing on stage is probably like playing sports on a top level. Sport can be an 'addiction' (like performing on stage) and especially when money is involved (sponsorships etc.) one can go on and on and on even with a chronic injury - as good as it gets, with intensive treatment before and after every training and competition, dropping a training or competition here and there - but quitting the whole thing is out of the question - unless the person really breaks down.

Just a random thought from the perspective of someone who is involved with sports on a top level (well, not myself competing at a top level though :wink2:).

I was just going to say that it sounded very 'professional':biggrin2:

I must say though that I agree with it too; And let's remember that he is probably also 'pushed' by others to a point...

So it's still on despite his being really ill.

Not the best decision, I wouldn't have thought, can't be good for his voice, wonder if he'll make it to the end. Hope so for the sake of the MFCers there.

i hope he'll make it to the nd for the sake of mika! haha

.. he's booked too many dates and cannot keep up with it, but you say it's perfectly ok to give up some gigs that are second category, so he can save himself..??? .. people shall be advised LONG before so they can arrange smt for it. it's more than fair, it's right. and there's to be offficial explanations.

it's NOT best for his career to go only where he picks up to go, since he booked those venues IN ADVANCE. if he's sick, he's sick all the way, he cannot be sick every so often and choose what he prefers. that's not responsible and there's no way one can convice me it is. either if I do so, or mika does so, or anyone else does so.

if he's sick, he should just quit it for a month and get back in gear, otherwise he'll never recover. this way of behaving is crashing everyone and it'll eventually crash his popularity, if he doesn't put a stop to it.

I second that. We don't know at all if it is all his decision or if he is pushed into it and after all I admit I have no deeper insight in the business. And I don't need it to say that this 'category thinking' can't be helpful at all. Neither can the way all those cancellations are done - last minute.

I don't think it is a so very clever strategy for his career and I do think that 'conquering the world within one year' plan in itself was so very smart.

You all are right I think, but there are two points for me that make people so angry... First, we all love Mika and we don't want him to be sick or ill, and if he can't sing and he has to cancel we understand it, but I think it's better to cancel all gigs in two-three weeks that cancel one here and another one the next week but he performs in the middle, that's why people are going mad and don't understand anything. This is so crazy. I think Mika must feel so sorry for this cancellations, I have no doubt, but people would understand if they cancel ALL gigs for a while so he can get rest he needs. And second, I think people will appreciate a public apology in mikamyspace or mikasounds. It would be so easy and people wouldn't feel like they don't care about us.

I understand people. I've bought a ticket for Barcelona in october and I live so far from there so I will have to take a flight and look for somewhere to sleep there. If he cancels Barcelona but he's performing two days after in any other place I'm pretty sure I won't buy any ticket for any gig anymore, because it's no serious. If you're ill little Mika, take rest and we all will understand. Maybe not so easy than it seems, but...

...agree to everything said here and random but true: I love how you adress him 'little MIKA' , so sweet :wink2:

Oh and the girls met the band! Hooray :yay: *virtual hug for Queenie and the lot*

i hope he'll make it to the nd for the sake of mika! haha

Exactly what i was thinking of posting!

You got there first.

Too bad for the Canadians - good for Mika.

Agree. And this time at least it's done well in advance, so perhaps 'they' are learning?

See, there is hope!!!:thumb_yello:

...agree to everything said here and random but true: I love how you adress him 'little MIKA' , so sweet :wink2:

Thanks dear... I don't know why... but when I send him a message I always call him "little Mika"... :blush-anim-cl:

it's no easy to explain what it means to me... :wub2: (he will think I'm crazy...)

(Sorry, off topic!)

if he really is ill shouldnt he just cancel everything in a block instead of one here and one there....by doing that i would be able to accept the cancellations alot easier...

I posted this in the Canadia Idol thread, but this is one possible explanation of why the cancellations happened the way they did, imo:

I think, as Christine said, when he got sick at first they thought that a few cancellations of, yes, the less "important" gigs would give him the time he needed to get better... but it wasn't enough and it didn't. I think they decided he HAD to perform at Glastonbury and Oxygen and that didn't let him recover from whatever it was he had, and then things just snowballed. Then they saw that a few cancellations weren't going to cut it, and started cancelling ALL the gigs they could except the very few can't-miss ones, like Somerset. But the trip to Japan must have really messed him up (he did complain about his ears I remember), because unlike Somerset, etc, it wasn't just a one-day thing and it involved heavy travel, so he came back sicker than they expected and cancelled everything till Ibiza. They may have cancelled Big Chill so late either because of contract difficulties, or because they really hoped he'd be well enough to perform in time, but he wasn't.

Now, far as I can tell, he's basically just trying to push through till September, where they cleared his schedule so he can finally really rest. I think when they saw how bad it really got over this last week, and how he seems to only be getting worse instead of better, they decided to pull out of Canadian Idol ahead of time because now they're not sure he'll be well enough to perform when the date comes around. Especially not after GMA, since like someone said, it's like an athlete performing on a sprained leg, and it's possible, but each performance only makes the injury worse. And with tv appearances, you have to pull out early or else there'll be huuuuuuuge backlash. They couldn't take the same chance they took with Big Chill, hoping that he'll make it when it turned out he couldn't.

For the rest of the gigs this summer? I don't know. He may still make some of them if he feels up to it on those particular days, which is maybe why there haven't been cancellations yet. Or maybe they want to see how he is after GMA to see how much they have to cancel.

Oh yeah, and if he ends up even sicker after tonight, he may yet cancel GMA too. Though I doubt it.

--Jack