Mika @ Ibiza Rocks! - August 7-8 2007

dcdeb

You all are right I think, but there are two points for me that make people so angry... First, we all love Mika and we don't want him to be sick or ill, and if he can't sing and he has to cancel we understand it, but I think it's better to cancel all gigs in two-three weeks that cancel one here and another one the next week but he performs in the middle, that's why people are going mad and don't understand anything. This is so crazy. I think Mika must feel so sorry for this cancellations, I have no doubt, but people would understand if they cancel ALL gigs for a while so he can get rest he needs. And second, I think people will appreciate a public apology in mikamyspace or mikasounds. It would be so easy and people wouldn't feel like they don't care about us.

I understand people. I've bought a ticket for Barcelona in october and I live so far from there so I will have to take a flight and look for somewhere to sleep there. If he cancels Barcelona but he's performing two days after in any other place I'm pretty sure I won't buy any ticket for any gig anymore, because it's no serious. If you're ill little Mika, take rest and we all will understand. Maybe not so easy than it seems, but...

Anyway, I hope Mika performs tonight because there are two sweetheart persons for me in Ibiza waiting for him... :rolleyes:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I say a lot of stuff....

I don't think he they cancel just for the fåck of it, I am just not satisfied with the reasons they give.

I think a lot of people are dissatisfied but I'm also sensing some surprise in this thread that he's actually sick. At this point I can't imagine any other reason for these cancellations. Whether it's called an ear infection one day and a throat infection another day doesn't change the fact that he doesn't feel fit to perform.

I also don't doubt that there is some selection going on. It's not some wild coincidence that he is sick for many festivals and able to fly and sing for some critical performances. But I don't understand why people are so appalled at this reality. I think any sensible person would make the same decisions in the same circumstances.

People can get upset about the disappointed children and the wasted flights, but if Mika was home in bed the children would still be disappointed and fans would have still wasted money on flights. If he went through with the minor festivals he may have found it physically impossible to give a good performance on GMA. Then you would have disappointed children and wasted money in NY instead of the UK.

Given that Mika is sick, something has to give. He can't play all his scheduled dates so some fans somewhere are going to be disappointed. It seems perfectly reasonable to me that he would choose the dates that he is willing to go ahead based on what is best for his career or personally important to him.

You all are right I think, but there are two points for me that make people so angry... First, we all love Mika and we don't want him to be sick or ill, and if he can't sing and he has to cancel we understand it, but I think it's better to cancel all gigs in two-three weeks that cancel one here and another one the next week but he performs in the middle, that's why people are going mad and don't understand anything. This is so crazy. I think Mika must feel so sorry for this cancellations, I have no doubt, but people would understand if they cancel ALL gigs for a while so he can get rest he needs. And second, I think people will appreciate a public apology in mikamyspace or mikasounds. It would be so easy and people wouldn't feel like they don't care about us.

I understand people. I've bought a ticket for Barcelona in october and I live so far from there so I will have to take a flight and look for somewhere to sleep there. If he cancels Barcelona but he's performing two days after in any other place I'm pretty sure I won't buy any ticket for any gig anymore, because it's no serious. If you're ill little Mika, take rest and we all will understand. Maybe not so easy than it seems, but...

Anyway, I hope Mika performs tonight because there are two sweetheart persons for me in Ibiza waiting for him... :rolleyes:

i think you shouldn't worry for october dates...they're his tour dates, so they should pretty safe...always if he gets better b4 october! and above all, because the day after barcelona (:wub2: ) we's performing here in italy,so..:mf_rosetinted:

i think you shouldn't worry for october dates...they're his tour dates, so they should pretty safe...always if he gets better b4 october! and above all, because the day after barcelona (:wub2: ) we's performing here in italy,so..:mf_rosetinted:

I do hope so... (fingers crossed) :thumb_yello:

Given that Mika is sick, something has to give. He can't play all his scheduled dates so some fans somewhere are going to be disappointed. It seems perfectly reasonable to me that he would choose the dates that he is willing to go ahead based on what is best for his career or personally important to him.

i simply cannot get it.. he's booked too many dates and cannot keep up with it, but you say it's perfectly ok to give up some gigs that are second category, so he can save himself..??? he's to work out his priorities and behave in a responsible way.. people shall be advised LONG before so they can arrange smt for it. it's more than fair, it's right. and there's to be offficial explanations.

it's NOT best for his career to go only where he picks up to go, since he booked those venues IN ADVANCE. if he's sick, he's sick all the way, he cannot be sick every so often and choose what he prefers. that's not responsible and there's no way one can convice me it is. either if I do so, or mika does so, or anyone else does so.

if he's sick, he should just quit it for a month and get back in gear, otherwise he'll never recover. this way of behaving is crashing everyone and it'll eventually crash his popularity, if he doesn't put a stop to it.

i simply cannot get it.. he's booked too many dates and cannot keep up with it, but you say it's perfectly ok to give up some gigs that are second category, so he can save himself..??? he's to work out his priorities and behave in a responsible way.. people shall be advised LONG before so they can arrange smt for it. it's more than fair, it's right. and there's to be offficial explanations.

it's NOT best for his career to go only where he picks up to go, since he booked those venues IN ADVANCE. if he's sick, he's sick all the way, he cannot be sick every so often and choose what he prefers. that's not responsible and there's no way one can convice me it is. either if I do so, or mika does so, or anyone else does so.

if he's sick, he should just quit it for a month and get back in gear, otherwise he'll never recover. this way of behaving is crashing everyone and it'll eventually crash his popularity, if he doesn't put a stop to it.

Avoca - i am really sorry for you all and the prev cancellations as well...

But - have you ever had a situation with - lets say - flu and exams?.. I mean you are really really sick, but you drug yourself and go to some??? and the "less important ones" you drop till next semester...

Our girls (Queenie, The Black Queen, Mirtilla, Mellody) are in the first row and they have met all the band... Girls have given all the presents to the band and they have put them in the drums and the keyboards... Actually they're crazy! :groupwave:

Our girls (Queenie, The Black Queen, Mirtilla, Mellody) are in the first row and they have met all the band... Girls have given all the presents to the band and they have put them in the drums and the keyboards... Actually they're crazy! :groupwave:

:groupwave:

That's really good news! Can't wait for reports!

O, those lucky, lucky girls!:biggrin2:

I'm so happy for them!:punk:

Yay :yay: Hope they'll have a hell of a night after all :punk:

Well it looks like he's going to be off in September in order to get back into gear. I'm not sure how it would benefit fans or any of the other people he is obligated to by not performing at all during August. It would just lead to more disappointments and more broken contracts.

Is it really impossible to imagine that he is capable of performing 4 or 5 dates a month but can't do 20 when he isn't in top physical condition? Of course it would have been nice if he'd never booked these dates in the first place and didn't need to cancel any of them, but hindsight is 20/20. In June he probably had every reason to believe he could take some antibiotics, get a few days rest here and there and he would be fine. I'm sure he didn't anticipate he was going to be so non-functional he would have to cancel everything deemed non-critical.

If he starts booking dates into September then I'll have to agree with you. But as it stands it looks like he is trying to muddle through the situation as best as he can and hopefully he'll be back to normal for his European tour.

As for the PR problem, that's a whole different story. No matter what is or isn't wrong with Mika healthwise they should be communicating directly to the fans about it after so many cancellations.

Wow, awesome! I am happy for them, I am sure they will have a great night!! :punk:

gig isn't begun yet...and yes harabel! they met the band! :punk: mirtilla had (another :bleh: ) pic with martin and blue, she told she's got a vid of him and you'll die seeing it!

edit: and they talked a bit with mika too. but as he wasn't ok, he left and the rest of the band continued with sound check

Avoca - i am really sorry for you all and the prev cancellations as well...

But - have you ever had a situation with - lets say - flu and exams?.. I mean you are really really sick, but you drug yourself and go to some??? and the "less important ones" you drop till next semester...

that makes sense to me:thumb_yello:

mirtilla had (another :bleh: ) pic with martin and blue, she told she's got a vid of him and you'll die seeing it!

Mirtilla can surely die happy now :bleh: but I can't - I have to go on a holiday first! :shocked::roftl:

Oh well, Mirtilla won't be home until next week anyway... :biggrin2:

I am virtually with them, it will be a hell of a party! :punk:

This post gets it spot on for me.

Mirtilla can surely die happy now :bleh: but I can't - I have to go on a holiday first! :shocked::roftl:

Oh well, Mirtilla won't be home until next week anyway... :biggrin2:

I am virtually with them, it will be a hell of a party! :punk:

oh yes :shocked: how could you miss holiday??? :roftl: