Do people make fun of you and call you OBSESSED lol?

People have been so booooring! They don't understand that MIKA in my life is epic... they look at me weird everytime I mention him... whatever... they don't get it... you all do :) MIKA has the best fans ever and we're such a support unit for one another. People don't understand us... they aren't meant to I guess... So what if we want to boycott reality and do it while listening to MIKA's tunes... What's it to them? HAve you guys ever fealt like you were talking about MIKA too much?

~ciao~

I LOVE MIKA!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, ALL the time! I was talking about Mika earlier and my mom was like, "Katherine, you're obsessed with Mika. Seriously, you've got it bad." :blush-anim-cl: Whatever! And yeah, you guys here are definitely the only ones who understand (and share) the obsession. +1 point for the MFC! haha.

ummm hmmm i dont think its possible for me to talk about mika too much..... i can never talk about him enough.

i talk about him every second of the day and its still not enough for me. yeah sure people get annoyed and tired by me but, who cares? its called an obsession, and thats my condition. an INSANE obsession with the most amazing, inspiring, funny, crazy, talented, delicious, strange, fantastical person i could probably eva meet.... and i love it

Yeah, ALL the time! I was talking about Mika earlier and my mom was like, "Katherine, you're obsessed with Mika. Seriously, you've got it bad." :blush-anim-cl: Whatever! And yeah, you guys here are definitely the only ones who understand (and share) the obsession. +1 point for the MFC! haha.

yeah. i come here all the time and i feel so happy to be able to talk to you guys coz if i talk to someone about him, i mean theyre nice about it, but theyre just like "yeah uh huh, you re obsessed" and they dont really listen or care. but you guys...... i love you guys! youre so great and i can talk to you about mika all the time and you can never get tired of it. and youre all so nice and comforting about anything, and i always look forward to coming home and chatting on the MFC!!! it rocks!!!1 i dont know what i would do without it. i would have to go to a therapist to talk about my obsession, and i definitely dont wanna do that. its like we're all one big, happy, freakin obsessed family!!!! <333 i love yas!!

yep.... ALL the time....

my friends DONT get me...

they think i follow mika all over but i just go to his Cali shows! lol

its not like i went to london to see him! hmmm thats a good idea actually!

*start planing a trip* lol ;)

now seriously... yeah my friends think im talking about him to much....

they dont get it :)

yeah. i come here all the time and i feel so happy to be able to talk to you guys coz if i talk to someone about him, i mean theyre nice about it, but theyre just like "yeah uh huh, you re obsessed" and they dont really listen or care. but you guys...... i love you guys! youre so great and i can talk to you about mika all the time and you can never get tired of it. and youre all so nice and comforting about anything, and i always look forward to coming home and chatting on the MFC!!! it rocks!!!1 i dont know what i would do without it. i would have to go to a therapist to talk about my obsession, and i definitely dont wanna do that. its like we're all one big, happy, freakin obsessed family!!!! <333 i love yas!!

Absolutely!! I can talk about Mika all I want with friends and family but it's not like they actually care about what I'm saying. THey just tune me out like I'm some annoying, Mika-loving mosquito :bleh: But here..no one can get enough of it! And we all feed off each other's enthusiasm and energy about Mika..it's so AWESOME. i look forward to coming here too, and whenever I "sign off" (yeah, right, when do I ever do that? ;)) I really can't go more than 5-10 min max without coming back to check if anything new's going on. makes me feel slightly..insane. but a good kind of insane, of course! :wink2:

and i almost forgot to mention.. i feel so behind when i've gone a day or two without checking in here. hahahaha. anyone else feel that way when they see the bulletin stating "3,294 new posts" when they sign on? :bleh:

and i almost forgot to mention.. i feel so behind when i've gone a day or two without checking in here. hahahaha. anyone else feel that way when they see the bulletin stating "3,294 new posts" when they sign on? :bleh:

I know what you mean. I went a whole weekend without visiting the forums and thought "How am I ever going to catch up?" I was visiting my parents and the only thing I thought of before I left my apartment was "What if I miss something really great on MFC?" Didn't care if I'd packed everything...:biggrin2:

In response to this thread my answer is YESSS!

Infact only the other day at work i was asked if i would do a shift on thursday by my boss and i said Nooo way im going to see Mika at Birmingham...and in response they said but you only went yesterday (leeds) i think your just a little bit obsessed and then they laughed...."each to their own"

I gave her the evil eye obviously :thumb_yello:

Yep.. me too..my friends start to roll their eyes when I talk about Mika.. which used to annoy me..I find it rude.. its something I am excited and happy about! Why can't they support me?

I just roll my eyes at what ever they start obsessing about now.. and talk to fellow Mika loving people like yourselves :)

yes totally! i was like talking to my dad and mika came up in the conversation, NATURALY!

anyway my dad and sister like roll their eyes when im like oh you know Me... and their like

DONT SAY IT:thumbdown:

you guys are the only ones who understand it!:blush-anim-cl:

Yep I know the problem... At this age we're normally over that whole being fan of someone stage in life... so when I talk about Mika, they're always like: how do you know this kind of stuff? And then I tell them about the forum and they all look at me like: are you crazy?:blink:

So yeah, I feel a bit weird amongst friends:blink:

Just keep that up girl! It's a healthy obsession! :thumb_yello:

an INSANE obsession with the most amazing, inspiring, funny, crazy, talented, delicious, strange, fantastical person i could probably eva meet.... and i love it

my dad is making fun of me!! grrr

i hate it when he teases me if im obsessed with someone

coz like...i made mistakes before....i was super "obsessed" with Hilary Duff [ahem......everyone makes mistake!! kay? O.o]

and now i hate her sooo much and my dad still teases me about it and telling me I would hate Mika or forget about him this summer

grrrr

so its like...im not trying to be THAT obsessed when dad is watching .... but i cant help it!! O.o

All the time, really, especially my brother does it....

I have told that story in another thread already, but think it fits in here perfectly LOL...

Every time, I mean every time I am anywhere with my brother where out of a sudden a Mika song is played (a shoe store, an ice cream parlour....) he just gives me a look and my head turns into a tomato. :blush-anim-cl: He doesn't even have to say anything and it happens. He finds that quite funny so sometimes he adds something like a "Awww...Mika..." - what doesn't really help a lot. :blush-anim-cl: Argh...embarrassing. And this always happens in public...aaand only when I'm out with my brother those songs are played in the places we are.... *conspiracy?:shocked: * :bleh:

So true, nobody understands us. Some of my friends act all nice when I talk about Mika, but I can tell I go on their nerves. Others roll their eyes whenever I mention anything slightly Mika-related... or they just don't know what it's all about when I say "lollipop" and start laughing to myself or something. :roftl:

It's sossss good to have you guys:flowers2:

Haha, oh, I am definitely obsessed with Mika, but most of my friends think it's cute. They're used to it, you see--I have a rather obsessive personality and obsess about things all the time. Mika is the latest in a venerable line of authors and musicians (that include Oscar Wilde, Marc Bolan and David Bowie) and I think he's in quite good company.

Do I talk about him too much? Oh yes. But I've made some of my friends into fans due to all my talk, so surely it's not too bad.

Besides, the nice thing about friends knowing about my obsession is that they get me things that they think I'd like if they see them. Like, one of my great loves is the movie Velvet Goldmine, and just the other day my roommate brought me a Velvet Goldmine poster because she saw it and knew I would like it. And that sort of thing always makes a pleasant surprise.

--Jack

Ooohw nooooo...

That's because I'm totally not obsessed....:blink:

I'm absolutely not listening to his songs all day and I'm not talking about him at all...:sneaky2:

I don't even come over here very much and spend whole days behind my computer....:blink:

Hmmmm.... I guess it's time for me to wake up now...:bleh:

ya...all the time, when i told my friends that i made myself a myspace in order to write something to him they called me freak! :bleh:

but you know, my obssesion makes them come and tell me whenever they hear or see something about him! :biggrin2:

yes, sure they don't understand, here i feel that i'm not so freaky after all *joking*:bleh: