Fmbm

Oh... I don't think all those facebook drawings are doodle...

Am I the only one?

I really thought it was only drawings with "no sense", like when you just follow your sheet lines and squares, or small hearts, flowers etc...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG! :lmao: Be my guest!

Makes me laugh every time I look at it :roftl: It's a masterpiece :wub2:

I think you just did. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Thanks :sneaky2: Now everyone will know I draw like a 6 year old kid (not that I haven't admitted that myself) :mf_rosetinted:

Makes me laugh every time I look at it :roftl: It's a masterpiece :wub2:

I'm glad you find it amusing! :naughty:

Thanks :sneaky2: Now everyone will know I draw like a 6 year old kid (not that I haven't admitted that myself) :mf_rosetinted:

If you draw like a six year old I must still be in the womb or something. :roftl:

Yours is a good one! :thumb_yello:

Uh oh! From Mika's FB:

What Is A Doodle? Competition Update

We're overwhelmed by all the art we're receiving from Mika fans, thank you!

But there seems to be some confusion over what a doodle is. Some of the pictures we are receiving are far too elaborate to be proper doodles - a doodle should be a quick absent-minded scribble you do without putting too much thought into it, perhaps a little 2 minute drawing you do on the cover of your notebook or whilst on the phone to your friend. Not a colourful drawing that takes a lot of thought and effort!

However, all the pictures are brilliant and we want to show you a selection of all the best ones, so we’re opening the gallery up to all Mika-inspired artworks – doodles, decorated shoes, paintings, everything...

We’ll tell you what the prizes are later in the week, so keep checking back.

Keep your doodles and artworks coming in! Just send them to mikacompetition@gmail.com and check the gallery to see the pictures. Don’t forget to comment and tell us which ones you like and why.

Good luck!

Uh oh! From Mika's FB:

But there seems to be some confusion over what a doodle is. Some of the pictures we are receiving are far too elaborate to be proper doodles - a doodle should be a quick absent-minded scribble you do without putting too much thought into it, perhaps a little 2 minute drawing you do on the cover of your notebook or whilst on the phone to your friend. Not a colourful drawing that takes a lot of thought and effort!

However, all the pictures are brilliant and we want to show you a selection of all the best ones, so we’re opening the gallery up to all Mika-inspired artworks – doodles, decorated shoes, paintings, everything...

Keep your doodles and artworks coming in! Just send them to mikacompetition@gmail.com and check the gallery to see the pictures. Don’t forget to comment and tell us which ones you like and why.

Good luck!

... Ooops. I haven't sent mine in yet, but it's definately not a doodle any more :aah:

I just realized I might have copied Mair. :teehee: She sent me this note with a picture of Mika flying a kite, but I can't remember if it was an actual kite or me. Sorry if I did Mair! Yours was much better anyway. :teehee:

I take no responsibility in this :fisch:

'Doodle' is such a vague term though - where do they draw the line? :dunno:

After thinking about it long and hard, I decided to draw something too. I think I have a good chance at winning this thing.

This is Mika, flying kites (aka me).

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb385/flyingkites/SAM_0991.jpg

:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

You really should send it, I love it :mf_lustslow: That's what I call original :naughty:

This is a real doodle! :wub2: Milda is right,you should send it,it's funny! You have nothing to lose! :thumb_yello:

'Doodle' is such a vague term though - where do they draw the line? :dunno:

I think 'a doodle' should be something like this...

I really thought it was only drawings with "no sense", like when you just follow your sheet lines and squares, or small hearts, flowers etc...

... but maybe it's because of the meaning of the word it translates into in my language. :dunno: The Finnish equivalent kind of restricts it from being anything more than a quick scribble, I think.

I was a bit surprised to see so many really complicated and elaborate drawings though. I guess the people who thought of this competition (I refuse to think it was Mika himself, he should be busy enough with his TOOL!) hadn't realized how inspiring people find Mika's music and artwork. :teehee:

They will :naughty:

I'm actually finished with mine, but it's absolutely not wining material.:roftl:

I can at least boast about the fact that my doodle have a lot of Mika references. :mf_rosetinted:

:shocked::shocked: i can't believe they have so many entries already!! as you guys said - most of them aren't doodles but day-um mika fans move fast :aah:

After thinking about it long and hard, I decided to draw something too. I think I have a good chance at winning this thing.

This is a real doodle! :wub2: Milda is right,you should send it,it's funny! You have nothing to lose! :thumb_yello:

:floor: i laughed so hard at this thing!!

it's so simple yet conveys so much - you should def send in :thumb_yello::naughty:

In high school, my notebooks were completely covered in doodles. Many of them involved overlapping circles, very similar to LICM. :biggrin2: This was like, 20 years ago, though. I don't enter contests.

my doodles are normally hearts and some stylistic thing that has a name but i dunno what it is...:teehee:

Except for my reputation. :naughty:Okay, that's basically the same as 'nothing'.

:shocked::shocked: i can't believe they have so many entries already!! as you guys said - most of them aren't doodles but day-um mika fans move fast :aah:

I know, they keep updating the gallery all the time! :shocked: I love seeing them though.

mika566ft2.jpg

In the first link it just says that Mika will participate in the new show, and in the link that Christine posted, they use the word 'réaliser' which means to make/to carry out.. You can't use this word to mean 'perform' or 'give' a gig.. So I assumed it was a big project, not just a one-off show. It's all quite vague at the moment

Damn, now I really don't want to send mine.. Compared to others, mine is complete crap :naughty: Oh well, who cares, as kreacher said, maybe they'll take pity on me :roftl:

But is it just me, or some of them have nothing to do with Mika :blink:

Haha, you can hope! :roftl:

That was my thought too. I was like: "It's very nice but where is the Mika refernece?" :blink:

I just went through all of those, they're good! And I love how there's a Mika who posted his drawings. :teehee:

I'm definitely not taking part of this competition, I'm so bad at drawing. When I read the word 'doodle' all I could think about was giraffes and cats because that's what I usually doodle at school. I don't think they're looking for either of those things. :naughty:

I think you should take part. You can draw a cat named Mika who's sitting on a giraffe. :lmfao:

Oh wow they are very good! I really don't think some of them have just been doodling since yesterday. :roftl: Still it's a good way to show off Mika related drawings because I know a lot of people have done this kind of thing already.

Absolutely not, or they didn't sleep at all :roftl:

A lot of things are really good, but not what I thought was a doodle. :teehee: But maybe my idea of what it is that signify a doodle is wrong?

Oh now you're just making fun of me. :naughty:

No, I'm serious! If I could pick a winner, it would be you and I'm not kidding :naughty: your drawing is funny and definitely a doodle :roftl: If Mika's Facebook team has a sense of humor, they will think the same :teehee:

Haha I love that one :roftl::wub2:

Oh... I don't think all those facebook drawings are doodle...

Am I the only one?

No that was my thought too, but know they've said this about the drawing so far...

Uh oh! From Mika's FB:

Good luck!

so I think you're right not all the drawings are doodles. :wink2:

And after reading that I became a bit scared that my doodle isn't a doodle. 'Cause I would call it a doodle, but it is an A4 and I've put a lot of effort in to it... :huh: How do I know? :dunno:

And after reading that I became a bit scared that my doodle isn't a doodle. 'Cause I would call it a doodle, but it is an A4 and I've put a lot of effort in to it... :huh: How do I know? :dunno:

Just send it in anyway. It sounds like they may give more prizes :naughty:

Yeh, somehow it isn't fair that people that did spend alot of time on the doodles don't get prizes, because they put too much effort in and it is no longer 'a doodle'. :naughty:

Just send it in anyway. It sounds like they may give more prizes :naughty:

*fingers crossed*

Archived