2012 - Roundhouse, London, UK - 13 December: REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

guylainem123

Then we may as well shut down all fan sites on every celebrity and Twitter and FB and Youtube comments. I am not going to walk up to Mika and tell him that Blame it on the Weather sucks. He didn't ask my opinion. But other fans want to hear opinions, that's the purpose of a message board. I am not going to walk up to Mika and tell him to stop pandering to France because it's hurting his reputation and delaying his efforts in English markets. It's his decision and he can do whatever he wants. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to talk about it on MFC because it affects me and other fans who want to support him at home instead of importing foreign CDs and flying to another continent to go to a gig. I am not going to walk up to Mika and tell him I love his big brown eyes and almost had a heart attack the first time he looked at me because that would be embarrassing for both of us. It doesn't mean we can't discuss it here.

If you and Ingie want to bitch about the bitchers you are entitled. I've certainly done that myself. But if the standard for what can be discussed on the internet is only things we would say to Mika's face then there's going to be precious little to talk about - positive or negative. I don't know how many times anyone wants to post "Mika's music is amazing". I don't know how many times anyone wants to read that either. The hottest topics on MFC are usually the controversial ones. We all know that other fans love Mika and think he's amazing. We don't need to tell each other that every time we get on the net, especially after all these years.

Once again, I don't mind negative comments and criticism. It's all about the way it's said that bothers me. If you give valid arguments to back your opinion, then it's all cool, nut if it's just "He cancelled! He's a liar!" That is just annoying. I like a good discussion once in a while but sometimes it just seems to be moaning just to moan. Whether that is related to M or anyone else.

I'm not saying that people should not moan... But I think that anything that anyone would not say TO Mika should be kept in private conversations and not post on TW, FB, MFC or any public sites...

Obviously at m&gs one needs to keep it short and is most likely to simply ask for an autograph, thank for the concert or say something silly, rather than start talking about choices Mika has made for the show. However, can you think of examples on this forum that you think one shouldn't say to Mika, should they have the opportunity to get him engaged in a longer discussion? (Besides confronting him about cancelled gigs, of course , as that is totally pointless.) Respecting an artist does not equal blindly loving anything he does and I think grown up people should not be intimidated by expessing their opinions.

I remember that in Italy someone told him that they didn't agree with Celebrate being the first single and he replied that he was aware of that and he was also talking about the record company making decisions on singles..etc. I actually believe that THIS was one of the most positive feedbacks he could ever get as it was honest, turned out to be totally well-founded (lack of success everywhere) and he could use the learnings for the next album. So perhaps (some) fans have a better understanding on what works for him vs leaving it to his team / the record company. Having 'yes' men around is pretty convenient for a while until one realizes that they are heading for a fall. He is not a child not to be able to handle fans' feedback.

If you give valid arguments to back your opinion, then it's all cool, nut if it's just "He cancelled! He's a liar!" That is just annoying.

I don't remember reading that but I haven't read all posts. I think on that one you have to remember that there are a lot of non-native speakers here who may have a different understanding of how that word is used in English or lack the understanding of the subtleness in wording. Also, there is a 'trend' on MFC in general to call Mika a liar right away when there is some contradiction in what he says now vs what he said before. To me it only reveals the lack of understanding how that PR works in general or how Mika can play with words and / or the press. I actually find many of Mika's 'coloured' stories and euphemisms pretty entertaining :teehee:

Edited by suzie

Obviously at m&gs one needs to keep it short and is most likely to simply ask for an autograph, thank for the concert or say something silly, rather than start talking about choices Mika has made for the show. However, can you think of examples on this forum that you think one shouldn't say to Mika, should they have the opportunity to get him engaged in a longer discussion? (Besides confronting him about cancelled gigs, of course , as that is totally pointless.) Respecting an artist does not equal blindly loving anything he does and I think grown up people should not be intimidated by expessing their opinions.

I remember that in Italy someone told him that they didn't agree with Celebrate being the first single and he replied that he was aware of that and he was also talking about the record company making decisions on singles..etc. I actually believe that THIS was one of the most positive feedbacks he could ever get as it was honest, turned out to be totally well-founded (lack of success everywhere) and he could use the learnings for the next album. So perhaps (some) fans have a better understanding on what works for him vs leaving it to his team / the record company. Having 'yes' men around is pretty convenient for a while until one realizes that they are heading for a fall. He is not a child not to be able to handle fans' feedback.

I was not implying at all that we should just be yes-men and not express our opinions. But there are ways to do it and calling him names on twitter is not a right way IMO. That's why I said that if someone would not be comfortable in addressing the matter to Mika (if the proper occasion would happen), maybe that same person should think twice about addressing it at all. If anyone is comfortable enough to call him a liar straight in the face, then I have no problem with it.

Because I totally agree that he should know what the real people think. In a polite and respectful way

I like a good discussion once in a while but sometimes it just seems to be moaning just to moan. Whether that is related to M or anyone else.

Yes for sure. I am a highly qualified moaner as you know. :mf_rosetinted: But that doesn't mean I want to hear people moaning all the time about any subject, especially if I don't agree with them. But I don't like it when people try to emotionally blackmail others (usually by bringing Mika's feelings into the discussion) to get them to shut up.

He is not a child not to be able to handle fans' feedback.

Yes when I say I wouldn't walk up to him and tell him that Blame it on the Weather isn't a good song I mean I am not going to give him unsolicited negative opinions. But if he asked I'm going to tell him the truth. And if he comes to MFC or goes to his FB account or starts stalking Twitter profiles where people have not @replied to him...then as far as I'm concerned he's soliciting opinions. He knows he's not going to get honest opinions when people are fangurling to him for 30 seconds after a gig, so if he goes looking for them he knows where to find the truth.

I was not implying at all that we should just be yes-men and not express our opinions. But there are ways to do it and calling him names on twitter is not a right way IMO.

Okay maybe I misunderstood then because I didn't notice anyone calling him names on Twitter so I must have missed something. I don't think that statement about Glasgow jibes with the facts but I wouldn't call him a liar or agree with anyone who did. First of all Mika didn't make the statement so I'm not going to attack his character for what was written in it. And secondly I agree with Suzie in general about his so-called "lies".

Okay maybe I misunderstood then because I didn't notice anyone calling him names on Twitter so I must have missed something. I don't think that statement about Glasgow jibes with the facts but I wouldn't call him a liar or agree with anyone who did. First of all Mika didn't make the statement so I'm not going to attack his character for what was written in it. And secondly I agree with Suzie in general about his so-called "lies".

As someone who has to sometimes write statements to explain why something went bad professionally, I totally agree there would have been far better ways to address the situation.:thumb_yello:

Yes for sure. I am a highly qualified moaner as you know. :mf_rosetinted: But that doesn't mean I want to hear people moaning all the time about any subject, especially if I don't agree with them. But I don't like it when people try to emotionally blackmail others (usually by bringing Mika's feelings into the discussion) to get them to shut up.

Well, it certainly wasn't my intention to blackmail anyone and I don't mind if they don't shut up but at least come with proper arguments if you're going to moan:naughty:

Yes when I say I wouldn't walk up to him and tell him that Blame it on the Weather isn't a good song I mean I am not going to give him unsolicited negative opinions. But if he asked I'm going to tell him the truth. And if he comes to MFC or goes to his FB account or starts stalking Twitter profiles where people have not @replied to him...then as far as I'm concerned he's soliciting opinions. He knows he's not going to get honest opinions when people are fangurling to him for 30 seconds after a gig, so if he goes looking for them he knows where to find the truth.

I don't want to join in the conversation because I'm out of this topic but I totally agree with you! If he wants, he knows very well where to look... it's not the first time and it will not be the last.

Edited by Lucrezia

I was not implying at all that we should just be yes-men and not express our opinions. But there are ways to do it and calling him names on twitter is not a right way IMO. That's why I said that if someone would not be comfortable in addressing the matter to Mika (if the proper occasion would happen), maybe that same person should think twice about addressing it at all. If anyone is comfortable enough to call him a liar straight in the face, then I have no problem with it.

Because I totally agree that he should know what the real people think. In a polite and respectful way

Thank you for explaining it. :thumb_yello: There are always so many vague references going around on MFC that I have a feeling that everyone takes everything personally as they can only refer to their own experience. Also, some people interpret others expressing their dislike of a song as a personal offense to Mika, whilst others are referring to something most of us are not aware of.

I never read the replies to @mikasounds on twitter (not even my own, except I get a notification if a follower sends me something :teehee: ) so I don't know but I can imagine how vicious some people can be. If someone is so sick that their whole life consists of sending spite to Mika or even MFC via twitter, YT or FB, I don't think it is even worth mentioning it here as in my opinion, ignorance is the most powerful tool against sick people wrapped in their own dark world.

Thank you for explaining it. :thumb_yello: There are always so many vague references going around on MFC that I have a feeling that everyone takes everything personally as they can only refer to their own experience. Also, some people interpret others expressing their dislike of a song as a personal offense to Mika, whilst others are referring to something most of us are not aware of.

I never read the replies to @mikasounds on twitter (not even my own, except I get a notification if a follower sends me something :teehee: ) so I don't know but I can imagine how vicious some people can be. If someone is so sick that their whole life consists of sending spite to Mika or even MFC via twitter, YT or FB, I don't think it is even worth mentioning it here as in my opinion, ignorance is the most powerful tool against sick people wrapped in their own dark world.

Luckily, with more than 300,000 followers and probably thousands of tweets a day, I don't imagine Mika reads the comments either :thumb_yello:

Luckily, with more than 300,000 followers and probably thousands of tweets a day, I don't imagine Mika reads the comments either :thumb_yello:

The people Suzie is talking about are not Mika's followers because he has blocked them. So no he doesn't read it.

I totally forgot to upload my favourite video of this gig but here it is now

[YOUTUBE]i44sbiQtUtA[/YOUTUBE]

Aw love. This song never gets old. I wish this was a single just so he never removes it from the setlist.

He has really got some weird money issues. Losing iPhones like they are pieces of paper and obsessing over dropped pennies. :naughty: