Mika to be a guest @ Italian TV show "E poi c'è Cattelan" 9 April 2014

mari62

SKY has uploaded a short clip to YouTube.

[YOUTUBE]VxaLevmyIaE[/YOUTUBE]

TRANSLATION by Marta. Grazie mille !!!! :flowers2::huglove:

here the tranlsation:

Cattelan: I must say that you're speaking Italian so well that you're putting me in trouble ... we do not even prepared a real interview...because we thought: Mika speaks italian so badly, that he will already make everybody laugh ... (laughs)

But no, now we have to arrange a serious interview...

Mika: (laughs) oh, but I really want to speak a good Italian ...

C: oh yes.. you speak well ...

M: But you speak so fast!! ... blablabla ... you speak Italian in the "Cattalan" way...

C: (laughs) ... blablabla... also with gestures ... blablabla

M: (laughs) blablabla

C: (very, very slowly) Do-you-know-when-the-new-album-will-be-realised?

M: (laughs) oh, caXXo.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a way too young fan to give up just because he does choices I don't like. Of course I want his new album and gigs, I may be the only one here who hasn't see a gig of his yet. And of course I get upset when I have to find my way among a crowd screaming “you are so handsoooooommmmeeeee” to him. And of course I feel the longing for the old gone days, when he was interested in really meeting his fans and his fans were really interested in his music and not in his face/butt (yeah, I know I wasn't there at that time but I do have eyes to read reports). And of course I think it's all about money: when I first landed here on MFC I was claiming that he did XF to get some hype. Then I thought “Well, now everybody knows who he is, he's done with it, I'm attending his gigs all over the Europe in summer”. I started to doubt when I learnt he was doing this show with Cattelan, cause it seemed the perfect event to annouce his next XF. So I now think it's all about money. Money for XF, some more money for interviews and some more more money for tv shows. I'm not sure I would toss away so much money if someone would propose it to me.

In my Rains of Castamere mood I claimed “I'm not driving again to this freaking town to chase him around”. I suppose my Chiara b**** navigator had a role in that. And I also was disappointed with him leaving so soon, leaving me sitting on a cold floor behind a camera man, with all my missions unaccomplished.

But then I poured it all out (Lucrezia's never ever sitting close to me again), and as I got out in the spring sun and I saw he still was there, a felt a bit better.

I don't know whether he waited for us to get out of the studio (about an hour later) or if it was just a coincidence. But the truth is that as soon as we joined the group which was already waiting for him, he got out and reached us, like he was actually waiting for us. We won't ever know.

And when I managed to have my win, to success in my goals (yes, I have very low standards, step by step I'll improve), I felt awesome.

Would I give up on feeling that way? Nope. This is not just about Mika doing the right choices for his career. This is not about a popstar who won't ever get to know me. This is about how I feel, about how I'm changing, about the friends I'm making. Without all this stuff, I just would be a total nuts chasing a celebrity. Someone please shoot me if I'll ever turn into that.

So, yes. I'm coming back to Risottoland. I'm getting lost again, I'm meeting again friends, I'm trying again to have Mika talk to me, even if it comes to XF.

I will wait for him to be back to his music, and I will enjoy the waiting in the process.

You may say he won't ever be back and you may be right.

But I'm not losing all this, not yet. I have plenty of time in the future to get sick and tired and leave, in the future, if you'll still be right.

For now, I'm staying. Moaning a bit, kidding a lot, fooling around and making amazing friends.

By the way, I forgot to mention the hysterical side of all this drama I just wrote: I got to know him thanks to XF7. Back then it was just the one who sang Relax, GC and the Swatch ad ( I actually have to tell I was pretty much into that ad because of the song but still. I never watched XF before but then he once was talking on my tv while I was doing chores and I decided to listen in order to get to know the Swatch song guy. )

First of all thanks for your lovely and emotional report, it brought tears in my eyes for so many reasons. I love reading reactions from new(ish) fans. You don't feel a new fan of course, you learn to know people so easily and you are so devoted and I feel you have been here for years already :wub2: However, meeting him and seeing him in RL is still new for you? I wanted to quote only parts but it was too difficult to cut it so I left it all above. Just wanted to write some thoughts.

Like that it's okay not to like all his decisions. I don't even like all my own decisions. At the time it felt the right thing to do something and afterwards I wonder if I really did the right. But in that situation/circumstances something was for the best and it brought me here/this moment so it's all good. As you say, last time XF brought you here. It brings him short-time screaming fans but people will also realize his real value and find his music and stay for new albums and tours.

Also, it's okay not to judge him even when you don't like something. He is a good person. I know that important things matter to him, that he doesn't live his life just to make money and that he is an extremely kind and generous person. Nothing can make me doubt it. And yes, I assume this time the offer they gave him was too good to turn down. In fact I really hope they pay him a LOT, because would be crazy from him not to ask a lot, he saved the last season for them, he is their star and deserves to be paid for it. And I think he enjoys fancy life style :teehee: but I don't think - for a moment - that he does his work just for money. He is not like that, not 2007 or not 2014. He loves writing music, singing, performing, creating things. I don't know if he loves guiding other people (at talent shows) but I can see he wants to do it well. He always does his work well.

I'm glad you managed to see him after the show! I believe he is still interested in meeting his fans. Most times - almost always - it's just really busy. Many times it's impossible to say anything to him and he is already on his way to the airport etc but he knows it has a meaning to people to see him those few seconds and he often stops and meets people even when tired and when we can see he would obviously love to be somewhere else. It looks he was really sick yesterday. I saw him on Saturday and he was already sick, and he did a live tv show, spent a day in studio on Sunday, traveled to Italy and did another live tv show (and many other things between) after that. He must have been exhausted.

I know it's a pain to listen to more hysterical girls screaming how handsome he is... Funny thing is that I always feel the biggest amount of love at moments when he manages to look not so perfect. Like now when he looks really tired in the photos and I just wish from the bottom of my heart that I could magically make everything easy for him. Or sometimes when he wears his granny curls and is still smiling his adorable, confident smile. I mean that man can look so HOT if he wants to but sometimes he chooses not to. And that's what makes him even more lovable. I got carried away. Just wanted to say that you stay here and you will hear beautiful music :wub2: Trust me in this.

Edit: I'm confusing days, please just ignore it. It's Friday already, can't believe it!

Edited by tiibet

First of all thanks for your lovely and emotional report, it brought tears in my for so many reasons. I love reading reactions from new(ish) fans. You don't feel a new fan of course, you learn to know people so easily and you are so devoted and I feel you have been here for years already :wub2: However, meeting him and seeing him in RL is still new to you?

Thank you a million :wub2: The only case in which it's nice to hear that you look older. :aah:

Yes, meeting him is still new to me, cause I don't really think that till now we really met. I don't call what I did till now a proper meeting.

He is a good person. I know that important things matter to him, that he doesn't live his life just to make money and that he is an extremely kind and generous person. Nothing can make me doubt it. And yes, I assume this time the offer they gave him was too good to turn down. In fact I really hope they pay him a LOT, because would be crazy from him not to ask a lot, he saved the last season for them, he is their star and deserves to be paid for it. And I think he enjoys fancy life style :teehee: but I don't think - for a moment - that he does his work just for money. He is not like that, not 2007 or not 2014.

I'm sorry, there's a misunderstanding here. I was just talking about XF, I'm positive he's a nice and good person and that he doesn't act just for money. I'm 100% sure of that, don't worry. I mean, I'm pretty sure he can go nasty. But we all can. People soul is full of shades and their mind crowded of different reasons. And I believe his is more light than dark.

I'm glad you managed to see him after the show! I believe he is still interested in meeting his fans. Most times - almost always - it's just really busy. Many times it's impossible to say anything to him and he is already on his way to the airport etc but he knows it has a meaning to people to see him those few seconds and he often stops and meets people even when tired and when we can see he would obviously love to be somewhere else. It looks he was really sick yesterday. I saw him on Saturday and he was already sick, and he did a live tv show, spent a day in studio on Sunday, traveled to Italy and did another live tv show (and many other things between) after that. He must have been exhausted.

Yesterday I meant to mention that someone actually spotted him at the airport and that he actually had a cold (we were able to tell it by his voice). But I forgot, so thanks to have made me remember.

Just wanted to say that you stay here and you will hear beautiful music :wub2: Trust me in this.

Wow, Sylvie. Well done! :clap:

I'm emotionally fragile today, and you almost have me in tears!

and also this time it gave me several good laughs :aah:

Sure I'm staying. I have to sadden and cheer people up, it's what I do. And if in the process I'm forced to go and see Mika, well, I'll do it for you. Ah, the things we do for friends. :biggrin2:

the highlight is Elweldin's map :aah:

I know you're looking forward to a London or Paris gig to watch me on the news. "Missing woman found in Belarus.She was asking people for directions to the venue of some singer's gig" :annoyed_h4h::naughty: Edited by Elwendin

I still have my make up on.

Lucky me, someone gave me the hint that a white one would have match with my outfit, and my water proof mascara really is water and sleep proof. Apparently I’m not getting rid of it ever. Nope, didn’t removed the make up before going to bed yesterday night. If I didn’t because I never wear it and I want to cling on it for another day, or if I just don’t have any stuff to remove it, or if I was so done that I barely was able to get upstairs and toss myself in that sweet device we use to call bed, who knows. You would probably go for the last option when you’ll get to the end of this report (yes, I’m talking to the two of you who are reading it till the end).

My inner alarm clock suggested me to get up at 6, even if I could have slept for another hour at least. I had some little troubles to fix, the last one of them was getting to work forgetting at home my new clothes. Lame.

Anyway, somehow I managed to leave at noon, thinking “Ok, I’m eating on my way to Milan”. And I drove I drove I drove without any music (forgot my cd at home) till my lousy navigator told me to get out of the highway. I knew, oh boy if I knew it was wrong in so many ways. And still, I obeyed cause no democracy is allowed with Chiara (yup, my navigator’s name is Chiara). I suppose after yesterday I'm just calling her B****. Me and Chiara spent the next 40 minutes driving merrily downtown Milan, enjoying the traffic, cyclists, pedestrians and of course, special mention to buses, while at least four people were sending messages to me or calling on the phone. Guys. No way. I wouldn’t even reply Mika while driving in milaneseland. Obvioulsy I didn’t stop for lunch. “Ok, I’m eating when I get there”. I was accurate in following the indications and I never got them wrong, so we finally got there but where’s the damn parking lot someone said there would have been? You, you that gave me that hint. You better know that there was no parking lot at that address. But wonders happen and this is how I found the only free parking spot in all the area. I rule. Time for heels, gals. People were texting to me that they were already there, besides I was in nowhere land and no bars or restaurants were there. Just a nice, convenient, mocking access to the orbital road. So I thought “Ok, I’m eating the chocolate snack(that I crave for since a year )that I have in my bag as soon as I get there” and walked like Addam’s Lurch towards Sky studio.

When I finally got there I met with Lucrezia, Sarah and some other people, we signed some stuff (a little bureaucracy was demanded but I’m cool if you picture us signing autographs :mf_rosetinted: ), got badges and got in. Of course, as we assumed, no one gave a fudge about our outfits. We left all our stuff to the wardrobe and I’m pretty proud to claim that I got the ticket number one for it. I’m practicing. We were told to drop water bottles, mobiles and similar things, they were pretty strict about it, they mentioned some ban, then they make it worse talking about being immediately shunned and I believe that at a certain point Guantanamo and death were implied. They made us wait about a hour and a half in a room and tried to cheer us up with some free R** B*ll cans. “No way I’m drinking that poison, it’s time to eat my super healthy chocolate snack”. Which was in my bag, which was guarded by a Smaug shaped guy who already said to me I was knackering him out when I asked for my bag to fetch my water. “Ok, I’m eating after the show”.

They eventually called for the usual group of recommended people and got them in, then it was our turn. We got blocked before getting in the hallway cause Mika was passing by right in that very moment. Well. He was a kind of running, actually, it made me uncomfortable like we were a kind of plague. I mean, I was very cool with him passing by. It felt like seeing someone normal you use to see now and then, I wouldn’t have tried to aim to hug his ankles to make him drop, sit on him and make him sign my journal.

When the guy disappeared into the studio we made it in and after having seeing his shoulders already twice in the previous shows, I finally managed to seat on the floor in the very front of him, at about four meters far. It is always interesting to see how a tv show is run, and I enjoyed to see the camera men and stuff. They asked the audience if somebody had they mobiles on (yes, the same mobiles which were supposed to rest in the wardrobe at that time) cause they were causing trouble to the recording gear and of course nobody had a mobile in his pocket. Then the show began and so does my radio silence cause we aren’t supposed to tell anything till tonight. I can’t even tell you what I felt in the process so I’m going to edit this report tomorrow, writing down all the missing parts. But I can say that when he came in, I felt no annoying excitement at all. I felt happy and greedy to enjoy him, but it still felt like I was seeing a super pleasant guy that I use to see now and then.

I suppose I can tell that he was the first guest (but I don’t know if he will be the first one to be broadcasted tonight), so I thought we simply wouldn’t have meet him, which was quite annoying cause I had some missions to accomplish. He did his stuff and immediately went backstage. Adieux.

So, one way or another we went through the whole show and it was finally ended. Cattelan, the showman, is a nice guy and stayed a while chatting and taking pics with some people who probably suddenly got their phones back from the wardrobe through a stargate, since they swore on their own mothers they weren’t taking any mobile in the studio. We could have chatted with him and with the band, the Street Clerks from the last XF, and with another person I’ll tell you tomorrow about, cause she was hanging out there, but I didn’t cause I have nothing to say to them. Someone did, they probably have more social skills than me.

So, we hanged out a bit over there, and then got out without any hurry. In every single report of mine there’s a part when I write I should always remember to have some faith, despite all odds are against me. So here we go. First of all, I got a latecoming confirmation so that I was able to go. Then, when we got out of the studios, we saw this crowd at the backdoor. Yup. He wasn’t gone yet!!!!

So we joined these other people and waited till he came over there. I was a woman on a mission, on a several missions in fact. And I was well trained. And no starstruck was choking me.

Outcome: I covered it all. You guys who put me on a mission, be aware that I did it. You’re welcome :mf_rosetinted: In the process I wasn’t able to chat with him, I already had too much to do and say to have a proper chat. Besides there was no ideal context. My impression is that he came, collected stuff from people and went away (he didn’t even signed things nor take pics, thank God!!!!!!!) . I don’t think it lasted more than three minutes, and I suspect it was even shorter. He didn’t chat a bit as he did after Le Invasioni Barbariche. Now. This impression of mine can be caused by:

- Me being so focused on my missions that I wasn’t able to perceive anything else, then after I said something to him I immediately moved away to let place for other mfcers.

- People not asking him anything worthy a chat (me included, I already had too much to handle for my first speaking time)

- Him really being too quick and not interested in chatting(apparently he always has a flight to catch immediately after :naughty:)

:dunno: maybe someone else could tell if anything more happened.

In every report there’s the faith moment and the regret one. Someone once said to me that regret is what keeps you motivated to take the next step and I believe that’s right. My regret this time was that at a certain point I was standing there, just a person on my left and no one on my right. I could have said anything, for a short moment I got his whole attention and I think that if only I had said something that barely made sense, he would have talked to me (cause I already said something to him a minute before from the back row and he did listen, but I don’t call it a proper chat). But I had one last mission to accomplish so I did it and he was gone. If anyone got something more, please feel free to tell me. The last time he apparently said something to me and I didn’t notice, so who knows.

So he was gone, time to eat!!!!! Nope. We stayed there to chat between some of us fans and I enjoyed very much. We stand there so much that even that Cattelan guy came out and sat alone on the stairs for someone to drive him back home or wherever. I don’t use to take pics with celebs, but I like him and it is nice to have a souvenir of this day, so we chatted a while (by “we” I mean that the other guys chatted and I just stood there as usual me. Make me write and I’m in. Make me talk and this is what you get) and take a group pic.

I suppose we are quite famous cause Aba from the last XF and her bf “Pucci” got in the pic with us. She took a pic with us. Not the contrary thing :aah:

So, it was done. Time to eat but no restaurant nor bars in the neighborhood. I then said bye to everybody and reached my car. It took me about 30 minutes before taking off my heels and starting to drive back home, cause some apocalyptic news already leaked and my mobile didn’t stop to ring with alarms (it felt so good to chat a bit, thank you guys for having written to me, I enjoyed to sit in my car starving and peeing in my pants in order to chat. I mean, really. No one made me, it was my choice cause I love to talk with you, I’m not ironic here ). Of course, I didn’t even eat my chocolate, I was too busy typing.

When I eventually left, I was so starving and felt so tired I wasn’t even able to follow Chiara’s indications properly so I got lost about a million times, cause of course she didn’t want me to use the nice orbital road. We drove instead downtown Milan again, but since this time I was beyond wrecked and kept on getting lost, we saw old fancy buildings and even some kind of monuments. At a certain point I ended up into the only taxi and tram road but I was too desperate to freak out or even to care. Let’s see if I’ll get a fine. By the way, I used the red traffic lights to catch up on Twitter madness even if I couldn’t reply (how short’s a red light when you have to read social networks). Here’s a pic which recap perfectly my road to (in green) and from (in blue) Sky studios. Of course, the purple one is the one I should have done.

4kI08FF.jpg

A hour after I finally got into the highway and, after a 400 km drive and a 16 hours long no food crusade, I eat that freaking chocolate. It wasn’t even as awesome as I remembered it from my childhood.

I won’t talk about how I feel about apocalypse right now.

But I’ll talk about how I feel about me. I just got upgraded to version 2.3. First time I saw him huuuuuuuge starstruck. Second time starstruck. Third time little starstruck but managed to deliver little awesome biscuits. Fourth time no starstruck and eventually talked. And it’s not really about having an emotional breakdown over a quick meeting. It’s about me learning to drive around and don’t minding to get lost (or to have any food so far), and it’s about me not being intimidated by a crowd (work in progress) and ultimately it’s about me getting more and more confident. So, little-fan-growing -award for me. I’m dedicating this award to all the people who are training and coaching me, I love you, you are doing a great job, be prepared cause the road is so so so long, I still could use a little talkative skills and some other stuff.

Now. I still have my make up on. So what.

Ohhh...thank you Sylvie for your detailed and absorbing report :thumb_yello:

I wasn't able to be there but reading this I feel as I partook...

I'm sorry, there's a misunderstanding here. I was just talking about XF, I'm positive he's a nice and good person and that he doesn't act just for money. I'm 100% sure of that, don't worry. I mean, I'm pretty sure he can go nasty. But we all can. People soul is full of shades and their mind crowded of different reasons. And I believe his is more light than dark.

Ah, yes, I think there was a misunderstanding! I knew you were talking about XF and my point was that you were not judging him. At least your words sounded you didn't want to judge him even you probably don't like his decision! And I wanted to say it's okay because sometimes I have (myself) had a feeling it's necessary to judge with harsh words to be a good fan. But it's not and I didn't want you to have that feeling. It wasn't meant only to you, it was just a general observation about life and I just wrote it after quoting you because it was your post that made me think of it. Ah, confusing. Yes, he can go nasty too. He can be really sharp if he wants to.

Yesterday I meant to mention that someone actually spotted him at the airport and that he actually had a cold (we were able to tell it by his voice). But I forgot, so thanks to have made me remember.

Yes, I think I saw an airport photo somewhere (on FB? not sure) and he looked awful and not well at all. But I guess he looked fine during the recording, I didn't manage to watch that yet?

Edited by tiibet

I see now. Sorry, I read your reply while having breakfast, my fingers all sticky with honey, dogs trying to steal my food and cats yelling and fighting. An usual morning at my place.

Edited by Elwendin

No,stop! you don't need to apologize,we are grateful for your work :huglove: we can wait,take your time! :thumb_yello:

I tried both links again and it doesn´t work. Lucrezia don´t be sorry we are thankful you tried it and we don´t know what´s wrong. :thumb_yello:

Grazie mille Lucrezia !!

I couldn't listen the SOUNDS of video....

Thank you girls for the support :huglove:

The video was protected by DRM codec...so I converted the video without it and now it's on Vimeo :boing: and Dailymotion :boing:

Link Dailymotion:

http://dai.ly/x1njay6

Link Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/91690858

Edited by Lucrezia

The video was protected by DRM codec...so I converted the video without it and now it's on Vimeo :boing: and Dailymotion :boing:

I knew you would have made it. Well done. :thumb_yello:

Brace yourself. XF is coming and you are going to do this every single day :aah:

Thanks a lot for your report too!! :huglove: You don't write bad English, and I really love it - such an honest and cute report, about your first time really close to MIKA - with all its mixed feelings !! :wub2: Now that he'll be a lot in Milan, I'm sure you'll have a new chance to meet him properly - and probably also experience his gigs ...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

Yeah, I'll keep praying for a gig!

:blush-anim-cl: Right after I wrote the post I thought "What have I done?? This is way too personal"! But that's the reason I'm here, to speak my mind without fearing other people’s judgement, for a change. So it means a lot to me that you liked it :huglove:

Yeah, I'll keep praying for a gig!

:blush-anim-cl: Right after I wrote the post I thought "What have I done?? This is way too personal"! But that's the reason I'm here, to speak my mind without fearing other people’s judgement, for a change. So it means a lot to me that you liked it :huglove:

:huglove: You have joined the right people here at MFC - we're all here for one reason, our common love for, and interest in MIKA :wub2: Here you can speak from your hearth - and I think you will find this place to be both good and interesting, with a lot of nice people to "talk to" - and you'll surely get a lot of MIKA friends, both from your own country and abroad ...:fisch:

Hopefully we'll all meet one day - at MIKA gigs, or other events - so just "relax, take it easy" - and enjoy your newly found arena for your MIKA love ...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

First of all thanks for your lovely and emotional report, it brought tears in my eyes for so many reasons. I love reading reactions from new(ish) fans. You don't feel a new fan of course, you learn to know people so easily and you are so devoted and I feel you have been here for years already :wub2: However, meeting him and seeing him in RL is still new for you? I wanted to quote only parts but it was too difficult to cut it so I left it all above. Just wanted to write some thoughts.

Like that it's okay not to like all his decisions. I don't even like all my own decisions. At the time it felt the right thing to do something and afterwards I wonder if I really did the right. But in that situation/circumstances something was for the best and it brought me here/this moment so it's all good. As you say, last time XF brought you here. It brings him short-time screaming fans but people will also realize his real value and find his music and stay for new albums and tours.

Also, it's okay not to judge him even when you don't like something. He is a good person. I know that important things matter to him, that he doesn't live his life just to make money and that he is an extremely kind and generous person. Nothing can make me doubt it. And yes, I assume this time the offer they gave him was too good to turn down. In fact I really hope they pay him a LOT, because would be crazy from him not to ask a lot, he saved the last season for them, he is their star and deserves to be paid for it. And I think he enjoys fancy life style :teehee: but I don't think - for a moment - that he does his work just for money. He is not like that, not 2007 or not 2014. He loves writing music, singing, performing, creating things. I don't know if he loves guiding other people (at talent shows) but I can see he wants to do it well. He always does his work well.

I know it's a pain to listen to more hysterical girls screaming how handsome he is... Funny thing is that I always feel the biggest amount of love at moments when he manages to look not so perfect. Like now when he looks really tired in the photos and I just wish from the bottom of my heart that I could magically make everything easy for him. Or sometimes when he wears his granny curls and is still smiling his adorable, confident smile. I mean that man can look so HOT if he wants to but sometimes he chooses not to. And that's what makes him even more lovable. I got carried away. Just wanted to say that you stay here and you will hear beautiful music :wub2: Trust me in this.

Edit: I'm confusing days, please just ignore it. It's Friday already, can't believe it!

I love what you wrote, Feeling pretty much the same :thumb_yello:

Link Dailymotion:

Link Vimeo:

Thank you so much Lucrezia :huglove:

Link Dailymotion:

Link Vimeo:

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot for the video Lucrezia! :huglove: It was great to watch the program! It's easy to hear by his voice that he still has his cold, but if he didn't feel well, he's a good actor - and clever to hide it - charming and full of life, as usual ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I´m not very happy but also not disappointed about it, sooner or later we will get the new album and a new tour

When I first started to follow him,I wasn't expected a certain number of gigs per year,or a new album at every x years,he never made any promises.So why to be disappointed? I'm perfectly aware that he's not only a performer,but also an artist with many other qualities,and I admire him for that.I've never considered that he owes me something,he is the only one entitled to lead his life and career as he wants,and I am the only one entitled to decide if I'll follow him or not.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

I'm a way too young fan to give up just because he does choices I don't like. Of course I want his new album and gigs, I may be the only one here who hasn't see a gig of his yet. And of course I get upset when I have to find my way among a crowd screaming “you are so handsoooooommmmeeeee” to him. And of course I feel the longing for the old gone days, when he was interested in really meeting his fans and his fans were really interested in his music and not in his face/butt (yeah, I know I wasn't there at that time but I do have eyes to read reports). And of course I think it's all about money: when I first landed here on MFC I was claiming that he did XF to get some hype. Then I thought “Well, now everybody knows who he is, he's done with it, I'm attending his gigs all over the Europe in summer”. I started to doubt when I learnt he was doing this show with Cattelan, cause it seemed the perfect event to annouce his next XF. So I now think it's all about money. Money for XF, some more money for interviews and some more more money for tv shows. I'm not sure I would toss away so much money if someone would propose it to me.

Just some thoughts, because I view in in more grey shades. Also in the "old days" most M&G were no "deeper" meetings. And we also had those fans back than. Yes, after XF they got more, but it's not like all people are like that or that it's a total new thing that arose after XF. And you still have the people who brought the songbook and made it double platin. I don't think the main reason was his pretty butt, there are better ways to watch at it than listening to a CD. You (and some other new Italian MFCers) are the best example yourself :huglove:

And aside from money I can think of a very simple other reason next to it: That he likes doing it at the same time.

Wow, Tiibet! First Sylvie makes me all emotional, now you. Nicely done!

I love this! :wub2: You made me almost cry! :tears:

Link Dailymotion:

Link Vimeo:

Thanks A LOT, Lucrezia!!!! :huglove: I really enjoyed the interview :mikalove:

The translation of the entire show, "E poi c'è Cattelan" - 9 April 2014 Skyuno

Mika and Cattelan at makeup.

M: (to the girl who is putting the makeup on Cattelan)

here ...on the nose ... the nose is the most important ...

M: (to Cattelan) Listen to me for a moment. You have everything, I've already said you many times. You have a great career, a beautiful family ... even your new baby girl .. what is the name of the baby girl?

C: Nina!

M: Nina, ok! but then ... for Nina ... why music? why do you want to work with music?

C: well, in my opinion ... I have some good insights...

M: uh ... good insights? I have to say only two words ... Emis Killa! ( the Italian rapper Cattelan is going to interview)

Cattelan and Emis Killa

they talk about music and joke - Cattelan try to rap but he's not very good

Cattelan and Mika in the studio

C: so, we can start from a beautiful love story...

(on air a video with Street Clerks in XF7 and all Mika's criticisms about them, until their elimination from the show)

C : very good ! Tonight he is back ... probably for the last elimination of Street Clerks! ... Mika !

(Street Clerks play "One more time" of Britney Spears, the same song played in XF7 and so much criticized by Mika)

M : (referring to the song) oh, what a beautiful choice ! Hello guys! How are you?

SC : good! and you?

M : oh good!

C: What a falsehood in these statements ( laughs) . Mika, you say " a good performance " but be careful!... you can not see ....flying knives behind you! ( laughs)

Mika , welcome back ! It is nice to see you !

M : Thank you! I've never done a program on television sitting on this kind of chairs (with wheels)

C : Yes, but be careful not to fall! So, when did you come in Italy ?

M : two days ago ! I have a bad cold , I can not sing! I can only sing as Paolo Conte (italian musician and songwriter, his voice is hoarse and low). For example, Relax ...I can sing only in this way.. (he sings along with Cattelan with a very low voice, as Paolo Conte does )

C: you have not lost the ease of speaking Italian !

M : I studied yesterday with Isabella, my teacher, in a park ... I studied all day to improve my Italian ... only for your show !

C: Only for me ?

M: Yes ! ( Cattelan embraces Mika with force! )

( laughs) I was afraid , because I do not speak Italian for three months!

C: Where have you been ?

M : I have been two months in Los Angeles to work on the new album ... I wrote a big part of this album in LA...and I was also in France and Cambodia ...

C : Yeah, I've seen pictures of Angkor Wat

M : It was amazing! And there were so many Chinese and Korean tourists who photograph everything... for them is a very popular place

C: I must say that you're speaking Italian so well that you're putting me in trouble ... we do not even prepared a real interview...because we thought: Mika speaks italian so badly, that he will already make everybody laugh ... (laughs)

But no, now we have to arrange a serious interview...

M: (laughs) oh, but I really want to speak a good Italian ...

C: oh yes.. you speak well ...

M: But you speak so fast!! ... blablabla ...

C: yes, I know...(Cattelan was really speaking too fast!)

M: you speak Italian in the "Cattalan" way... (laughs)

C: ... blablabla... also with gestures ... blablabla

M: (laughs) blablabla

C: (very, very slowly) Do-you-know-when-the-new-album-will-be-realised?

M: (laughs) oh, caXXo.

M: well, I do not know, I have not finished the record, but I hope this year...yes! this year! ... but I have to finish the record ... I wrote a lot ...

I found a house in Los Angeles ... I wanted to escape from the usual places that are familiar to me ... I did not want to be at ease...I found a nice house in LA, and I arranged a simple recording studio, a PC and a piano in a room... and I worked there... I wrote songs every day ...

C: Did you work well in that house?

M: Yes, but I had a small problem with this house ... I did not realize that the house that I found was the Orlando Bloom's house...from 9 am to 9 pm arrived at the house all the "starbus" with tourists photographing the homes of celebrities

C: oh i know ... starbus ... uh ... they do not have the Colosseum and then they go to see the homes of celebrities

M: Yes, it's true ... there were tourists every day, even while I was doing gym in the garden

C: doing gym? oh, you look so good ... (Cattelan touches the muscles under Mika's jacket)

M: uhm...I have not, there is nothing under this jacket, I know! but that's okay!

C: I'm trying to imagine you while doing gymnastics ... headband, shorts, sweat, bare chest ... doing exercises...

M: Yes, that's right ... like Cary Grant

C: Have you ever seen Orlando Bloom?

M: yes once, he is very nice

C: the pirate Orlando Bloom!

M: Yes, a great pirate!

C: Do you miss XF?

M: Yes, and I miss Italy too! I'm finally here and I can speak Italian again! In LA I tried to speak Italian with everyone, also with the spanish people... I spoke Italian with them!

C: I wonder how the Spaniards were happy!

M: Yes! I tried to speak Italian when i was in Italian restaurants ... but the people who work in Italian restaurants do not speak Italian!

C: (laughs) it's true!

But now, there is a question that all of you want to make, Italy wants to know. This year will you be in XF8?

M: ehm...I'm trying to hide me!

C: come on!

M: .... YES! .... (Applause)

SC: oh noooo!

M: yes!!!!

C: (to SC) oh why? Why do you say "no"? You have already done XF7!

SC: it's for the future generations ... (everyone laughs)

C: I had a wonderful experience with you in XF , first of all, with you as a person ... but I realized that you were also a so important artist , during the evening with Kate Perry ... she took the microphone from my hands and screamed, " oh Mika ! I love you! ! ! "

And so I said to myself , " porca miseria ! " No one will ever say that phrase to me !

M " porca miseria "? ? ? ? (a " colored " Italian expression to say : " damn it !")

(everyone laughs)

M : I know Kate Perry for many years we started working in the same period ... I was working on my first album while she was working on the song" Waking Up In Vegas "

C: I do not know the song ...

M : Oh, come on... this song (he sings)

C: ummm no . I only know " I kissed a girl"

M : oh.

C: Mika , you should know that in the Sky canteen there is a girl who looks a lot like Kety Perry (a video stars) and there are always so many people to get a coffee from her

M : It is true , she looks like Kety! Beautiful girl!

(the girl enters, dressed as Kety Perry, they make a picture to send to the true Kety Perry)

(Street Clerks play somethings)

M : I really like SC , I said in XF that they had a future as a band, and now they are working here!

C: Mika , I want to challenge you to a game of musical knowledge . The game is called ..."Mika la indovino" (a words joke with the name of Mika to say "I don't guess it")

M : ok, but I'm not very good in this games...

(The game starts , Street Clerks play songs , Mika and Cattelan try to guess the titles of the songs.

Mika jokes with Street Clerks , with the public suggesting the titles , with Cattelan . He wrongs the first song , guess the latter.)

C: come on , if you guess the last song , you can win everything ... even if everything is nothing!

M : Oh , this is very deep !

( the last song starts)

M: Oh, this is a very difficult this game!

C : Yes, I thought it was an easier game !

(both know the song but can not remember the title... and laugh )

C: So, Mika thank you for being with us! A round of applause to this wonderful man !

The end :aah: Sorry for mistakes, l've done my best. :wub2:

Edited by Marta.

this is the part about the new record

C: Do you know when the new album will be realised?

M: well, I do not know, I have not finished the record, but I hope this year...yes! this year! ... but I have to finish the record ... I wrote a lot ...I found a house in Los Angeles ... I wanted to escape from the usual places that are familiar to me ... I would not be at ease...I found a nice house in LA, and I arranged in it a simple study, a PC and a piano in a room... and I worked there... I wrote songs every day ...

he does not know...who knows?? nobody knows....philosofical questions, i think..... :giveup::giveup::giveup: