Videos: Mika about the songs from the album The Origin Of Love track by track

mari62

Great find! But how did it end up on Universal Germany? :blink:

:naughty: it seems like german universal finally wakes up. :biggrin2: i heard he has a new promoter at the german record company, looks like they're doing a good job. :thumb_yello: unlike the one he had for the last album... :fisch:

was great to watch it, t4p milda! love how he starts "dancing" to it, and what he says in the end. :fangurl:

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You made my day quite a few times today with your amazing translations, I'm the one who should thank you :huglove:

It wasn't much :blush-anim-cl:

Aaaw I'm so excited~ This song rocks :0

I listened both version to compare and well, the difference isn't that stricking but... there is a sound added on the CD which I don't really like... You barely hear it, though... It's the sound Dj make when they move Cd's playing... I can't explain it but there is a rythm with that sound.... It's like "fiou" ... "Fiou"

.... I really can't explain it xD

I won't listen to the accoustic before I get the CD :> So... we'll see next Monday for the final comparison ! *.*

PS: About the *cute* end of the video : Made me think of the Montreal interview :D She asked what his bf's reaction was when he heard the song : well...comparin him to sigarette & nicorette... maybe not the best idea ever xD

Edited by Kaito

:naughty: it seems like german universal finally wakes up. :biggrin2: i heard he has a new promoter at the german record company, looks like they're doing a good job. :thumb_yello: unlike the one he had for the last album... :fisch:

was great to watch it, t4p milda! love how he starts "dancing" to it, and what he says in the end. :fangurl:

came here to say the same :fangurl:

PS: About the *cute* end of the video : Made me think of the Montreal interview :D She asked what his bf's reaction was when he heard the song : well...comparin him to sigarette & nicorette... maybe not the best idea ever xD

I was thinking about that too! Well, he did write that he broke 'some hearts', I guess this would have been one of them then?

I can't link to VIDEOS directly...

Track by Track : Spanish subtitles

http://www.los40.com/actualidad/noticias/mika-nos-habla-en-exclusiva-sobre-su-nuevo-disco-los-fans-se-van-a-sorprender/nota/1518093.aspx

"He tardado más o menos un año y medio en hacer este disco así que tenerlo terminado es liberador. El disco tiene 12 canciones: eso es todo. Son doce canciones de amor; diferentes tipos de canciones de amor. Si piensas en ello, cualquier canción compuesta no importa cuando trata del deseo: trata de lo que quieres, de lo que no tienes, de lo que necesitas, de lo que has perdido" nos comenta Mika en este making of y también que: "creo que algunos fans se van a sorprender mucho. Creo que a algunos no les van a gustar algunas personas con las que he colaborado, sin embargo creo que les van a gustar las canciones y eso es lo que de verdad importa".

Y es que la lista de colaboradores en este disco es amplia y diversa. En él encontramos a Pharrell Williams, Benny Benassi, Nick Littlemore del grupo Empire of The Sun, Ellie Goulding o Martin Solveig, entre otros. Disfruta de estos Making of en Exclusiva en Los 40.

Además, le escuchamos hablar de sus canciones más queridas de este trabajo. Singles como Lola se encuentran entre ellas. Mika nos cuenta junto a su ingeniero Angie, desde el estudio Hoxton Square en Londres, todos los detalles de Lola. "Me gustaba la idea de estar teniendo una conversación con esta amiga llamada Lola, y le estoy diciendo: ya está, ya lo he decidido, tienes razón, esta vez no me voy a enamorar", nos cuenta sobre esta composición tan personal.

Mira el vídeo de Cómo se hizo Lola:

Otro de sus temas más importantes es la canción Celebrate del que cuenta cómo empezó a gestarse la canción y lo que más le gusta de ella. "El estribillo, para mí, es una de las partes más importantes de la canción porque no es un estribillo tradicional: el tema va creciendo y creciendo".

Mira el vídeo completo sobre Celebrate aquí:

Y por supuesto ¿A qué sabe este disco? No te pierdas el EPK completo de The Origin of Love de Mika:

Origin Of Love (Track By Track) transcription

The album is called The Origin Of Love and it would only be fair to start this ‘’talk through’’ with The Origin Of Love, it’s all about that song for me. The song is about love, the song is about joy, it’s like all good joyful love songs full of contradictions, it’s got fear in it, it’s got ressentiment , it’s got anger, but it just makes you happy, it’s like a shot of adrenaline. It represents for me what it’s like to be in love, it represents for me how what it’s like to fall in love for the first time, it represents what it’s like to ride that wave of ecstasy that you get when you feel happy. I wrote the lyrics almost like a stream of consciousness and the assistant at the studio was scribbling them down as I went in, and it was things like ‘’Like stupid Adam and Eve, they found their love in a tree, and God didn’t think they deserved it, so he taught them hate, taught them pride, gave them a leaf, made them hide, let’s push that story aside, the origin of love is you, and you are the origin of love’’. Things like that just happened. Sometimes it's like that, you work for about a year and you try and try, and you get crud after crud of song and lyric, and then finally you end up with something that just works. The result of this crazy two hours that happened in the studio and the few months of work that had to kinda go into well, the ten months of work to kinda finish off this track, the result is, the result of it is this. In my opinion, if you send a love letter like that and you're not loved back, it's time to find someone else.

Edited by BiaIchihara

Thanks for the transcription BiaIchihara, I've just added a couple of bits below.

Origin Of Love (Track By Track) transcription

(subject to be corrected)

The album is called The Origin Of Love and it would only be fair to start this ‘’talk through’’ with The Origin Of Love, it’s all about that song for me. The song is about love, the song is about joy, it’s like all good joyful love songs full of contradictions, it’s got fear in it, it’s got ressentiment , it’s got anger, but it just makes you happy, it’s like a shot of adrenaline. It represents for me what it’s like to be in love, it represents for me how what it’s like to fall in love for the first time, it represents what it’s like to ride that wave of ecstasy that you get when you feel happy. I wrote the lyrics almost like a stream of consciousness and the assistant at the studio was scribbling them down as I went in, and it was things like ‘’Like stupid Adam and Eve, they found their love in a tree, and God didn’t think they deserved it, so he taught them hate, taught them pride, gave them a leaf, made them hide, let’s push that story aside, the origin of love is you, and you are the origin of love’’. Things like that just happened. Sometimes it's like that, you work for about a year and you try and try, and you get crud after crud of song and lyric, and then finally you end up with something that just works. The result of this crazy two hours that happened in the studio and the few months of work that had to kinda go into well, the ten months of work to kinda finish off this track, the result is, the result of it is this. In my opinion, if you send a love letter like that and you're not loved back, it's time to find someone else.

any chance for a translation? :blush-anim-cl: or at least a transcript, so i can copy it into google translate. :teehee:

i think he says that after origin of love, karen is his 2nd fave song on the album. :wub2: i don't understand though why he wanted to change it from the original version - he says something to the sound engineer girl about making it work, and then he played the guitar sound... why did he exchange the piano for guitar, does he say it?

You can embed it

[YOUTUBE]a9jsGbYIZsY[/YOUTUBE]

OMG :wub2: Thank youuuu ! TOOL isn't out here... Not yet :'> This will be enough to make my day !~ Whatever the boarding school say, I AM WATCHING IT. *Running to the ONLY computer of the boarding school with which youtube WORKS*