I can't understand how two persons same sex can't be in love and live their live in peace, whithout judgment and without be victim of a law who don't have any reason to exist. We are all differents. And in my opinion, because I am not personnaly concerned by this, it's not a choice to be homosexual. All those people will not go in hell because of this. What someone can make a law about the love. No one have to judge about this. My priority is the respect and this really looks like no respect. I understand it's not easy for all of you. I hope all will change soon and all people let them live as they want. Take it as certain that I respect all of you for who you are. :thumb_yello:

I can't understand how two persons same sex can't be in love and live their live in peace, whithout judgment and without be victim of a law who don't have any reason to exist. We are all differents. And in my opinion, because I am not personnaly concerned by this, it's not a choice to be homosexual. All those people will not go in hell because of this. What someone can make a law about the love. No one have to judge about this. My priority is the respect and this really looks like no respect. I understand it's not easy for all of you. I hope all will change soon and all people let them live as they want. Take it as certain that I respect all of you for who you are. :thumb_yello:

What a lovely post Minthy, thank you. :huglove:

@Astor and @Flyingkites I noticed you are both "just married" now :wub2:

Together? :naughty:

@minthy well said and so true : great post :huglove:

I read this on twitter yesterday "labels are for clothes , not for people"

It's good to see this thread being bumped :)

What a lovely post Minthy, thank you. :huglove:

It's a pleasur to tell this to all of you. I am very sorry, It's hard for me to speak english and particulary to exprime really what I want to say. I don't like that :sneaky2: But as I can see, you understand the message I give you. I think person who are considered as different of the majority are generally mor understanding and respectfull. I considere me as unconventional. I don't support a moral point of view because the majority think this. The question I ask to me is :"do this hurts others?" If not it's ok for me. Be yoursef and let other suffer about their conventionalism. :huglove:

@minthy well said and so true : great post :huglove:

Thank you :wink2:

:biggirl:

It's a pleasur to tell this to all of you. I am very sorry, It's hard for me to speak english and particulary to exprime really what I want to say. I don't like that :sneaky2: But as I can see, you understand the message I give you. I think person who are considered as different of the majority are generally mor understanding and respectfull. I considere me as unconventional. I don't support a moral point of view because the majority think this. The question I ask to me is :"do this hurts others?" If not it's ok for me. Be yoursef and let other suffer about their conventionalism. :huglove:

Thank you :wink2:

i feel exactly the same minthy!

and thank you for your support :wub2:

i feel exactly the same minthy!

and thank you for your support :wub2:

We really need persons different of majority. But you know, to be unconventional means I have to be rejected by persons who are certain that they own the truth. I don't have a lot of friends but "ceux" (sorry:sneaky2:)

I have is really good friends. For one of them, I can be her mother so what!

I am a "big girl". For many years, I let people insult me about my weight. Now, depend how I feel, I don't let them insult me. Sometimes that make me sad but I insit for they respect me. The friends I have don't care about this so why care about this? What that change?

The respect is the key. I feel near to you and it's why I entered in the Gay Thread. :wink2:

... Maybe. :teehee:

That is such an awesome phrase. :wub2: Thank you for sharing!

Your English is perfectly fine! :thumb_yello:

About the bolded part, I agree. There is a saying in my country that rougly translates into something like "let all flowers blossom", meaning you should let everyone do their own thing as long as they're not hurting anyone else or doing something that is morally wrong or against the law. I always try to live by this.

We really need persons different of majority. But you know, to be unconventional means I have to be rejected by persons who are certain that they own the truth. I don't have a lot of friends but "ceux" (sorry:sneaky2:)

I have is really good friends. For one of them, I can be her mother so what!

I am a "big girl". For many years, I let people insult me about my weight. Now, depend how I feel, I don't let them insult me. Sometimes that make me sad but I insit for they respect me. The friends I have don't care about this so why care about this? What that change?

The respect is the key. I feel near to you and it's why I entered in the Gay Thread. :wink2:

I've come across this too. It feels kind of bad because you can feel the hate those people feel for you. But then again, if your thoughts and ethics differ so much why would you even want to be friends with that person? You're better off without them. It really is their loss.

You shouldn't let people be rude to you just because you're a big girl. I'm glad to hear you stand up for yourself. :wub2:

Everything just posted up there is so true :mikalove:

What's that quote about being in the majority? Saying there are, by definition, enough people to do that already. :teehee:

Although it's rather sad that the majority are not accepting, non-judgemental, or unprejudiced.

Everything just posted up there is so true :mikalove:

What's that quote about being in the majority? Saying there are, by definition, enough people to do that already. :teehee:

Although it's rather sad that the majority are not accepting, non-judgemental, or unprejudiced.

:mikalove:

... Maybe. :teehee:

That is such an awesome phrase. :wub2: Thank you for sharing!

Your English is perfectly fine! :thumb_yello:

About the bolded part, I agree. There is a saying in my country that rougly translates into something like "let all flowers blossom", meaning you should let everyone do their own thing as long as they're not hurting anyone else or doing something that is morally wrong or against the law. I always try to live by this.

I've come across this too. It feels kind of bad because you can feel the hate those people feel for you. But then again, if your thoughts and ethics differ so much why would you even want to be friends with that person? You're better off without them. It really is their loss.

You shouldn't let people be rude to you just because you're a big girl. I'm glad to hear you stand up for yourself. :wub2:

It's a good point, I really don't be friend with persons like this but what I would say is for me rejected is also to be bullied by them. It's all my adolescence.

I am really more comfortable with my physical appearance. I am just understand it's not really my fault and it's not really important for the life in general. I just try to lose weight for my health and without pressure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am very late to answer to this but I will answer anyway, please pardon me :bow: I read that concern Canada and it's good to talk about homophobia at school. Maybe some day all people in the earth will understand and at this moment, the word homophobia will be remove the dictionary because it will have no reason to exist anymore :thumb_yello: Maybe it's an utopia to hope for this but anyway, I hope.

Few weeks ago, I met an interesting man. He wants a girlfriend and I want a boyfriend. But when I talk with him, I notice he was homophobic. All stop at this moment. I will never be his girlfriend. It's better to be alone than to be with someone who have this kind of thinking.:sneaky2:

Being gay is hard if your dad's homophobic. :/ Fortunately I have the best friends in the world! I love them so much, I can be myself with them and not worry about a thing. Now that I'm seeing someone life is beautiful!

Being gay is hard if your dad's homophobic. :/ Fortunately I have the best friends in the world! I love them so much, I can be myself with them and not worry about a thing. Now that I'm seeing someone life is beautiful!

I hope your dad comes around. I think my dad was also homophobic because that's the era he grew up in. But he was a good person and would have adjusted to one of his children being gay I'd like to think. One of my cousins is lesbian and he treated her and her partner with respect even if he was uncomfortable with the idea.

Anyway you sound happy, so congratulations :)

I hope your dad comes around. I think my dad was also homophobic because that's the era he grew up in. But he was a good person and would have adjusted to one of his children being gay I'd like to think. One of my cousins is lesbian and he treated her and her partner with respect even if he was uncomfortable with the idea.

Anyway you sound happy, so congratulations :)

I am really proud of my father (who is 80 years old). He is not homophobic. He told me "when I was young I was because all people was and we don't really know about it but it's not their choice and I accept them. It could be me who are homosexual. I don't have to hate someone because of it!" :thumb_yello:

I am very late to answer to this but I will answer anyway, please pardon me :bow: I read that concern Canada and it's good to talk about homophobia at school. Maybe some day all people in the earth will understand and at this moment, the word homophobia will be remove the dictionary because it will have no reason to exist anymore :thumb_yello: Maybe it's an utopia to hope for this but anyway, I hope.

Few weeks ago, I met an interesting man. He wants a girlfriend and I want a boyfriend. But when I talk with him, I notice he was homophobic. All stop at this moment. I will never be his girlfriend. It's better to be alone than to be with someone who have this kind of thinking.:sneaky2:

i applaud you for sticking up for your beliefs minthy!! but i also wonder: did you engage him in conversation about why he's homophobic? or did you try to change his mind? i know that's easier said than done but still worth a shot...when i met my husband he was what i'd consider homophobic but i was upfront with him about my past as well as where i stand and gradually he became waaay more tolerant. sometimes people are homophobic out of simple ignorance - their religion or just not having had any interaction with a gay person...if we're lucky we might be able to change their views with a little effort..:thumb_yello:

i applaud you for sticking up for your beliefs minthy!! but i also wonder: did you engage him in conversation about why he's homophobic? or did you try to change his mind? i know that's easier said than done but still worth a shot...when i met my husband he was what i'd consider homophobic but i was upfront with him about my past as well as where i stand and gradually he became waaay more tolerant. sometimes people are homophobic out of simple ignorance - their religion or just not having had any interaction with a gay person...if we're lucky we might be able to change their views with a little effort..:thumb_yello:

Hi, I don't try to change his mind because of the way of his reaction when we are talking about it. He become angry and I don't like it. My friend tried to change his mind too but nothing change. He is the most homophobic man I ever met. Nothing to do with him, unfortunately.

Hi, I don't try to change his mind because of the way of his reaction when we are talking about it. He become angry and I don't like it. My friend tried to change his mind too but nothing change. He is the most homophobic man I ever met. Nothing to do with him, unfortunately.

o yikes!! in that case definitely leave him alone in his sad bigotry :(

• 2 weeks later...

I have a male friend who is so feminine as well ! ( he is gay...I almost confirmed that)

Actually I think feminine or gay is not a problem and I really want to try to make friend with them as well!

but my friend,T, is a weird guy!!

When we chatting, he lies all the time and everybody knows..

He always says he is rich or sth...and spend thousand of dollars to buy stuffs

He shows off his branded perfume in an examination!

he says he lives in hotel...but I never see him go to hotel!

he says he loves collecting high heel shoes....

.....ya high heel shoes and a man..weird,he say they are beautiful

I think he is the first gay friend i met...but make a very bad impression of gay people

Maybe my friend just a exceptional case of gay and being so unacceptable....

i still want to make friend with them!:huglove::mikalove:

I have a male friend who is so feminine as well ! ( he is gay...I almost confirmed that)

Actually I think feminine or gay is not a problem and I really want to try to make friend with them as well!

but my friend,T, is a weird guy!!

When we chatting, he lies all the time and everybody knows..

He always says he is rich or sth...and spend thousand of dollars to buy stuffs

He shows off his branded perfume in an examination!

he says he lives in hotel...but I never see him go to hotel!

he says he loves collecting high heel shoes....

.....ya high heel shoes and a man..weird,he say they are beautiful

I think he is the first gay friend i met...but make a very bad impression of gay people

Maybe my friend just a exceptional case of gay and being so unacceptable....

i still want to make friend with them!:huglove::mikalove:

Hi, you know, all the things we believe is normal or not was determined by the society. Take the time to think about this. If he told you he loves high heel shoes, he is probably really in conficence with you. Think about it. If you can, accept him like he is. He is marginal and gay. It's two different things for me. I don't judge you, sometimes it's hard to understand things like that but for me it's the fault of the society. It's not necessary to be like the majority. The society don't have any open-minded, I think. We don't have to follow the majority. And believe me, when we can be liberated about it, we feel more good. The important is the respect of ourself and of other people. I hope I will help you with my reflection. I am marginal too. And now I accept me as I am and I feel more good. I just keep in my head the word : RESPECT.

:itsok: This message are friendly, no judgment in this.

Hi, you know, all the things we believe is normal or not was determined by the society. Take the time to think about this. If he told you he loves high heel shoes, he is probably really in conficence with you. Think about it. If you can, accept him like he is. He is marginal and gay. It's two different things for me. I don't judge you, sometimes it's hard to understand things like that but for me it's the fault of the society. It's not necessary to be like the majority. The society don't have any open-minded, I think. We don't have to follow the majority. And believe me, when we can be liberated about it, we feel more good. The important is the respect of ourself and of other people. I hope I will help you with my reflection. I am marginal too. And now I accept me as I am and I feel more good. I just keep in my head the word : RESPECT.

Yes, agreed. :thumb_yello:

There is nothing inherently 'wrong' with not being 'normal'. But society tells us there is.

Yes, agreed. :thumb_yello:

There is nothing inherently 'wrong' with not being 'normal'. But society tells us there is.

I met a man last week end and we will meet again this week end. I don't really know him and that's what bother me. We don't discuss about it and I know I am not really "normal" in spite of I look normal. I am wearing clothes who make me sometimes like I am not really. I like expensive things, diamonds, beautiful dresses and all people think I am really straight and not open at all but I am not like this. I study at university in litterature. Few days ago, I was with my cousin and her friend and both don't really study. Her friend told me : (really hard to tell you in english, I will try) you do think we are not so cultured! And I answered That's don't bother me, I have fun with you. When I am with intellectuals, it's an other thing. It's fun tu be with them. But some day he told to my cousin that he don't think I am so funny. Sometimes I think if we don't have eyes all will be the best. :wink2:

thank you,i see you point surely.

All rules and moral are created by society to make people being obedient. When you go to any other world:naughty:, they just meaningless and no one have to obey the law or anything.

But actually, The focusing point isnt high heel shoes......

I wanna point out is this guy T -having a lying problem (this is acceptable? I dont think so)

Collecting shoes is just a example, Im not discriminating this hobby.Everyone have their weird hobby,me too!i love biting my bedclothes when i was small,ya sounds stupid.

The thing is i met a guy who love lying. He lies all the time.

You know ,actually the story not end. When I ask him seriously do you really collect high heel shoes?Dont lie to me. He admitted that actually not, the shoes are his mother's.

And there are many times, I have clues to know he is lying.

But I never expose this in front of him.

I always wonder whether to tell him that he seems like having a lying problem(OR maybe this is a psychological disease?)

The reason why i wanna post that is obviously not out of discrimination.

All in all, I still wanna make friend with them .:mikadas:

Anyway .thank you,you point is right ,really:hug:

Edited by jimmy1111