Someone is totally :loco: And this part... :roll1:

"You are American? you are native English speakers? If you're not, shut up and go to another page because this is the realm of intelligent people and you clearly you're not"

:lmfao:

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page u have write to me that: "Are you lesbian or gay or trans??" Quercus Faginea Serralconera pardon, but I'm not a natural miscarriage as you listed. I can only imagine what are you, alas!

July 29 at 8:18pm

Excuse me?!

This is just WRONG, not only towards Mika but towards anyone who identifies as a part of the LGBT community, including myself.

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎LadyMeeks Penniman sorry dear, but now I have no more time to spend talking to people vulgar. I'm going to read Plato, at least he and I are similar. ADIEU!

July 29 at 8:26pm

:lmfao:

Michael Holbrook Penniman -The New Fan's Page ‎-- and most do not dare to insult Lord Holbrook. he's a better man than you.

July 29 at 8:34pm

This is where the crazy started to be a little too much for me.

I seriously wish this was all just a very successful troll but I'm afraid not.

Just in case though:

TrollFaceDancing.gif

ooooh, hey, who else do we know who refers to Mika as a Lord Holbrook or Lord Penniman?

(coughcoughbaguettecoughcough)

It's not Baguette. I have to give the old goat some props there. Her specialty is feeding other people's delusions, not being delusional herself. She never missed an opportunity to remind Mika and everyone else that he was "a fruit", "queer", etc. :aah:

After reading everything quoted on the previous page? Yeah, pretty sure this is the case. :naughty:

I would have thought so 5 years ago too. But I know that the most disturbed people in this Mika community are for real because they turn up at gigs, so I think anything is possible.

I would have thought so 5 years ago too. But I know that the most disturbed people in this Mika community are for real because they turn up at gigs, so I think anything is possible.

oh that's a joy to hear :boxed:

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the other article wasn't what he intended to say because they twisted what he was saying, or that he just didn't feel confident saying it? I assume the latter, though I still don't understand why it would be easier to claim bisexuality than being gay. :dunno:

Quoting myself here, since I had speculated, and now it's cleared up . . . they twisted what he was saying.

"If you read the article, it was a very disjointed and a very odd thing. I was actually really unhappy with it," he says. "I didn't care that he quoted me saying, 'Call me bi,' but the way that it came across was so nonchalant, in a kind of flippant way, because of the way the interview was structured. It annoyed me because I've been so considerate about sexuality and so respectful. It was just too flippant. I didn't like it at all, and it really irritated me."

Mika says he made the bisexuality statement within a discussion about having had past relationships with both men and women.

Quoting myself here, since I had speculated, and now it's cleared up . . . they twisted what he was saying.

"If you read the article, it was a very disjointed and a very odd thing. I was actually really unhappy with it," he says. "I didn't care that he quoted me saying, 'Call me bi,' but the way that it came across was so nonchalant, in a kind of flippant way, because of the way the interview was structured. It annoyed me because I've been so considerate about sexuality and so respectful. It was just too flippant. I didn't like it at all, and it really irritated me."

Mika says he made the bisexuality statement within a discussion about having had past relationships with both men and women.

I don't understand how they twisted what he was saying. He says he didn't like how it came across because it sounded flip but that doesn't mean it was inaccurate. In fact I get the impression that what he really didn't like was the reaction the article received.

And all of it begs the question of why he continued to reinforce the notion that he was bisexual and not gay in subsequent interviews.

BTW I noticed the Facebook group that Luke posted seems to have been deleted. :lmfao:

I don't understand how they twisted what he was saying. He says he didn't like how it came across because it sounded flip but that doesn't mean it was inaccurate. In fact I get the impression that what he really didn't like was the reaction the article received.

And all of it begs the question of why he continued to reinforce the notion that he was bisexual and not gay in subsequent interviews.

BTW I noticed the Facebook group that Luke posted seems to have been deleted. :lmfao:

I meant they twisted it by taking it out of context. But I'm so done with this topic since everything I say is apparently wrong.

THAT. i still don't get that...it's all so :blink:

what fb page?:teehee:

THAT. i still don't get that...it's all so :blink:

what fb page?:teehee:

Yeah I mean we're just never going to know exactly what he was thinking I guess. :dunno: I had heard years ago that someone from his high school posted on the net saying he dated boys and girls at school so I guess it is fair enough for him to say he is/was bisexual. But it sounds like the "twisting" was to make it sound flip...not that he had an issue with the label of bisexual.

Anyway I think I am done with this topic too. I find it interesting in general because I have led such a straight boring life so I like to hear what other people think and experience. But I realized more than ever when I saw him in Montreal that as far as Mika's concerned I really don't care what the details are. He's always been just a person to me (well once I got over the demi-god phase :naughty:) so he has been effectively labelless as far as I'm concerned. Whatever he calls himself doesn't change how I see him. I'm just glad he's made a statement because I am really tired of people screaming "he's not gay" like it's some sort of horrible affliction.

Re the FB group, there was someone fighting with other fans saying that Mika was not gay (they even posted on Mika's FB page too :doh:)

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3753256#post3753256

Anyway I guess they finally lost the battle because he has made so many statements since Heaven you'd really have to be beyond delusional to keep insisting that it's not true. :naughty:

Yeah I mean we're just never going to know exactly what he was thinking I guess. :dunno: I had heard years ago that someone from his high school posted on the net saying he dated boys and girls at school so I guess it is fair enough for him to say he is/was bisexual. But it sounds like the "twisting" was to make it sound flip...not that he had an issue with the label of bisexual.

Anyway I think I am done with this topic too. I find it interesting in general because I have led such a straight boring life so I like to hear what other people think and experience. But I realized more than ever when I saw him in Montreal that as far as Mika's concerned I really don't care what the details are. He's always been just a person to me (well once I got over the demi-god phase :naughty:) so he has been effectively labelless as far as I'm concerned. Whatever he calls himself doesn't change how I see him. I'm just glad he's made a statement because I am really tired of people screaming "he's not gay" like it's some sort of horrible affliction.

Re the FB group, there was someone fighting with other fans saying that Mika was not gay (they even posted on Mika's FB page too :doh:)

Anyway I guess they finally lost the battle because he has made so many statements since Heaven you'd really have to be beyond delusional to keep insisting that it's not true. :naughty:

o yea THAT page...:aah::aah:

+1 being finished with this topic:thumb_yello::naughty:

That bolded part... this is way too true... :thumb_yello:

Okay, changing the subject slightly... but I am interested in what this thread thinks. :biggrin2:

The Catholic Church in Scotland are all annoyed with the Scottish government who are keen on legalising gay marriage.

This being on the news reminded me that someone commented the other day - "straight people care more than gay people that gay marriage is legalised".

IS THIS TRUE?

DISCUSS.

"straight people care more than gay people that gay marriage is legalised".

IS THIS TRUE?

DISCUSS.

Well I would certainly say that some straight people care disproportionately with how it affects them. In other words the impact it has on straight people is ZERO (regardless of the decision) whereas this decision is going to affect at least some gay people.

On another note I think if we want equality then marriage should be abolished, not legalized for gay couples. It's a careless way to enter into a legal contract with someone and traditionally it has been used to control women and treat them as property. I don't understand why ANYONE wants to be part of that. :aah:

I think this is especially true in Canada where you can achieve common law marriage (and all the property rights, insurance rights, paternity rights, etc. that go along with it) just by living with someone. Legal marriage is effectively meaningless in this country whether it is between straight or gay couples. Which is probably one of the reasons we were relatively quick to legalize it.

Well I would certainly say that some straight people care disproportionately with how it affects them. In other words the impact it has on straight people is ZERO (regardless of the decision) whereas this decision is going to affect at least some gay people.

On another note I think if we want equality then marriage should be abolished, not legalized for gay couples. It's a careless way to enter into a legal contract with someone and traditionally it has been used to control women and treat them as property. I don't understand why ANYONE wants to be part of that. :aah:

I think this is especially true in Canada where you can achieve common law marriage (and all the property rights, insurance rights, paternity rights, etc. that go along with it) just by living with someone. Legal marriage is effectively meaningless in this country whether it is between straight or gay couples. Which is probably one of the reasons we were relatively quick to legalize it.

But it does affect everyone. Not personally, but it's about what kind of society you want to live in.

About marriage in general: yeah, it's not my thing either. But a lot of people around me have been getting married lately and to them it was really important to make this public statement of their love for each other.

Edit: hoping it's ok for me to be in they gay thread without being gay... please tell me to get out of here if I should.

About marriage in general: yeah, it's not my thing either. But a lot of people around me have been getting married lately and to them it was really important to make this public statement of their love for each other.

What does a public statement have to do with a legal contract though? Anyone can have a ceremony and invite all their friends. You don't need a law for that.

Okay, changing the subject slightly... but I am interested in what this thread thinks. :biggrin2:

The Catholic Church in Scotland are all annoyed with the Scottish government who are keen on legalising gay marriage.

This being on the news reminded me that someone commented the other day - "straight people care more than gay people that gay marriage is legalised".

IS THIS TRUE?

DISCUSS.

Your question immediately reminded me of this:

TheDifferenceBetweenTattooedPeopleAndNonTattooedPeople-12257.jpg

:naughty:

I know I've posted this earlier already but it pretty much summarizes my thoughts about marriage, so here you go.

"These people who are making a big deal out of gay marriage? I don't give a f*** about who wants to get married to anobody else. Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things be shouldn't be making a big deal out of. They go on and on with all this bulls*** about 'sanctity'. Don't give me that sanctity c***! Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."

EDIT: I know the quote is about gay marriage, but it describes my thoughts about marriage in general pretty well. If someone wants to get married - fine, it's not like it's any of my business. I just don't see myself getting married.

Edited by flyingkites

What does a public statement have to do with a legal contract though? Anyone can have a ceremony and invite all their friends. You don't need a law for that.

I can't explain that, since I don't get it myself. I do know, however, that that's what it felt like for them. Feelings are always irrational and I'm not going to question the way people feel. I'll question the consequences people draw from irrational feelings, but I don't think marriage is that harmful.

flyingkites: :thumb_yello:

I can't explain that, since I don't get it myself. I do know, however, that that's what it felt like for them. Feelings are always irrational and I'm not going to question the way people feel. I'll question the consequences people draw from irrational feelings, but I don't think marriage is that harmful.

flyingkites: :thumb_yello:

I read some statisic where it said that married woman have weaker health than single woman and are more likely to be unhappy.

Married men on the other hand are more happy and in better health than unmarried men!:naughty:

Made me so happy to be single!:thumb_yello: