*BUMP*

:pbjt:

I liked this thread and thought we should get some people back in here...

also with gay marriage being legalised in some USA states (can't remember which off the top of my head), France and if i remember correctly New Zealand ?:blink: I thought we should CELEBRATE!

:woot_jump:

Oh I'm glad you bumped this thread dear, I've missed this place too! :wub2:

And yes you're correct, NZ legalized gay marriage not too long ago! :yay:

All you gay and bisexual people living in Europe or America are so lucky,here in Iran we have death rows for these people.

a few days ago two of my best friends committed suicide because they were gay and they couldn't get married and if they do,they get killed.they were the most amazing guys you can ever meet,and their only fault was being born here.:tears:

All you gay and bisexual people living in Europe or America are so lucky,here in Iran we have death rows for these people.

a few days ago two of my best friends committed suicide because they were gay and they couldn't get married and if they do,they get killed.they were the most amazing guys you can ever meet,and their only fault was being born here.:tears:

omg Yasmine that's awful :shocked: I'm so sorry sweetness :huglove:

hopefully the more countries around Europe and America that legalise gay marriage, the more the rest of the world will see how we will not tolerate inequality :original:

btw, welcome to MFC! :wink2:

hopefully the more countries around Europe and America that legalise gay marriage, the more the rest of the world will see how we will not tolerate inequality :original:

I think that once the USA legalizes gay marriage it will cause a domino effect for the other countries.

O wow that's terrible! So sorry for your loss :huglove: I don't live in Europe or North America and here in the Caribbean we still have laws against sodomy on the books..fortunately they're rarely enforced but their mere presence signals that the LGBT community is still comprised of 'illegals' and 'second class citizens' ..groups are working hard to change this but the resistance is strong..people think once nobody is being killed for being gay then everyone should just shut up be quiet and be content. I feel your friends' hopelessness :( It's like that in some parts of Jamaica, but thankfully nowhere near that bad in Guyana (where I'm from) or Barbados (where I live now)

I think that once the USA legalizes gay marriage it will cause a domino effect for the other countries.

I think eventually it will but it will make things really harder in the short-term for a while. Politicians love to say that the US pushing the 'Gay Agenda' is another form of colonisation and choose that as the issue they would push back on for the 'moral good' of the country. What utter BS! The reason many of these post colonial countries even institutionalized stigmatisation of gay people in the first place is because of colonisation and now they hold onto the laws of their former oppressors (who have since evolved on gay issues mind you) as some sort of badge..:sneaky2:

It's sickening, but that's politics..and religion for ya...

I think eventually it will but it will make things really harder in the short-term for a while. Politicians love to say that the US pushing the 'Gay Agenda' is another form of colonisation and choose that as the issue they would push back on for the 'moral good' of the country. What utter BS! The reason many of these post colonial countries even institutionalized stigmatisation of gay people in the first place is because of colonisation and now they hold onto the laws of their former oppressors (who have since evolved on gay issues mind you) as some sort of badge..:sneaky2:

True, people seeing homosexuality as something from 'the west' doesn't help. We had this issue here a few months ago which turned into this huge political debate and a demonstration against the social work organisation that put him there.

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/row-erupts-over-lesbian-foster-home-muslim-boy

I was so angry when I heard that two members of parliament as a reaction had called upon muslims in the Netherlands to become foster parents. I'm sure they meant well, but they're basically saying they agree the kid should not have been placed there :sneaky2:

Thanks so much,but I think it wont happen here soon.when politics and religion work together there's not much for people to say or protest.

but well,I think everything will be better (just better!) after this presidential election that we'll have next month.

O wow that's terrible! So sorry for your loss :huglove: I don't live in Europe or North America and here in the Caribbean we still have laws against sodomy on the books..fortunately they're rarely enforced but their mere presence signals that the LGBT community is still comprised of 'illegals' and 'second class citizens' ..groups are working hard to change this but the resistance is strong..people think once nobody is being killed for being gay then everyone should just shut up be quiet and be content. I feel your friends' hopelessness :( It's like that in some parts of Jamaica, but thankfully nowhere near that bad in Guyana (where I'm from) or Barbados (where I live now)

Yes,I know about Jamaica,and it's sad to hear there are still stupid laws.but as you mentioned,it's just politics and religion (specially here),and there's nothing we can do against it.

Now for the good news , the constitutional council in France has validated the gay marriage law today. From now on , gays can get married in France ! :yay: :yay: congratulations !