I read some statisic where it said that married woman have weaker health than single woman and are more likely to be unhappy.

Married men on the other hand are more happy and in better health than unmarried men!:naughty:

Made me so happy to be single!:thumb_yello:

Really? :roftl: I only heard it without gender differences and as the pro's for married life.

I read some statisic where it said that married woman have weaker health than single woman and are more likely to be unhappy.

Married men on the other hand are more happy and in better health than unmarried men!:naughty:

I heard the men part, but I thought that for women it didn't make a difference.

Interestingly... the other day I also read some statistics about the results of gay marriage in the Netherlands, and apparently female couples are getting divorced a lot more often than male ones.

Edit: hoping it's ok for me to be in they gay thread without being gay... please tell me to get out of here if I should.

I am in the same situation and I always be good here with other. I give my opinion and it's ok.

Sorry, I know it's not write properly but I don't know how to tell. Hope you can understand.

Edited by Minthy

I've read the same but never investigated to see how true it is. It is definitely true for me though. :lmfao: Being married was like having a job 24/7. Why would anyone want that when they could come home to their own house and do whatever they want whenever they want to with no one interfering, making a mess and expecting you to compromise? :naughty:

I've read the same but never investigated to see how true it is. It is definitely true for me though. :lmfao: Being married was like having a job 24/7. Why would anyone want that when they could come home to their own house and do whatever they want whenever they want to with no one interfering, making a mess and expecting you to compromise? :naughty:

:lmfao: so true!!

i love my husband and all and i hope we're married til long long time :aah: but if we ever break up for some reason i'm never getting married again! :naughty:

:lmfao: so true!!

i love my husband and all and i hope we're married til long long time :aah: but if we ever break up for some reason i'm never getting married again! :naughty:

But this doesn't have too much to do with marriage, does it? Isn't this true for any long-term relationship where you're living together? And having a long-term relationship without living together also has its downsides...

But this doesn't have too much to do with marriage, does it? Isn't this true for any long-term relationship where you're living together? And having a long-term relationship without living together also has its downsides...

I don't know about this study but in Canada there is really no distinction between living together (it is called common law marriage) and a legal marriage. I was legally married because we were living in the UK and I don't have right of abode in the UK without being married to a European national (my ex has German citizenship). But common law marriage/legal marriage, it's all a thankless 24/7 job I'm not interested in doing I'm afraid. :naughty:

I'm not sure what the downside of separate living is unless you are raising children or live very far apart. I need to be away from someone in order to miss them and look forward to seeing them again or to even have anything to talk about.

Just to put this in perspective. I saw Mika last Wednesday and I can't even bring myself to make travel arrangements for a gig in October because it's too soon. And I like Mika more than my ex-husband. :lmfao:

:shocked: I hope you don't like him more than you used to like your ex-husband...

Like you, I need my privacy, but I also like the simple pleasures of falling asleep and waking up together. And then on a practical note, if you're living apart, there's two households to take care of for two people, instead of one.

:shocked: I hope you don't like him more than you used to like your ex-husband...

Like you, I need my privacy, but I also like the simple pleasures of falling asleep and waking up together. And then on a practical note, if you're living apart, there's two households to take care of for two people, instead of one.

Well Mika is nicer to me so I'm not sure. :lmfao:

I am going to have to take care of my household whether someone is living here or not. And since no one is living here there is half the mess and half the problems. :wink2:

Well Mika is nicer to me so I'm not sure. :lmfao:

I am going to have to take care of my household whether someone is living here or not. And since no one is living here there is half the mess and half the problems. :wink2:

You should train your partner better! :naughty:

You should train your partner better! :naughty:

Well this is my problem. I think that adults should behave like adults and not like self-absorbed children or dogs that need to be trained. And what is the point of two people coercing each other to live in ways they don't want to live? I do my own thing and the 3 billion men on the planet can go ahead and do their own thing and everyone's happy. :naughty:

At this point in my life I would never merge my assets with someone else unless they were quite wealthy and financially stable, anyway. It's too much risk with no real benefit. Doing it all for love is fine when you are 20 or 30 but I am too old to start life over with nothing and I wouldn't want to be stuck in an unhappy marriage for financial reasons.

And never, ever being responsible for someone elses good mood! The relief!:naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

Today I (kind of) stood up for LGBT people and told some of my closest classmates that I "wasn't exactly straight". I feel like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I'm actually really proud of myself - that's something I haven't gotten to experience very often.

:winner_first_h4h:

Today I (kind of) stood up for LGBT people and told some of my closest classmates that I "wasn't exactly straight". I feel like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I'm actually really proud of myself - that's something I haven't gotten to experience very often.

It's a really great thing. :thumb_yello:

GOOD FOR YOU HON!! :huglove::thumb_yello:

Congratulations. I hope you'll be proud of yourself more often, since it's a great feeling that everyone deserves to experience sometimes.

:excite::hug::huglove::wub2:

• 8 months later...

*BUMP*

:pbjt:

I liked this thread and thought we should get some people back in here...

also with gay marriage being legalised in some USA states (can't remember which off the top of my head), France and if i remember correctly New Zealand ?:blink: I thought we should CELEBRATE!

:woot_jump:

*BUMP*

:pbjt:

I liked this thread and thought we should get some people back in here...

also with gay marriage being legalised in some USA states (can't remember which off the top of my head), France and if i remember correctly New Zealand ?:blink: I thought we should CELEBRATE!

:woot_jump:

:rainbow:

12 US states very soon, if not already!

http://news.yahoo.com/minnesota-senate-approves-bill-legalizing-gay-marriage-020215905.html

:groupwave::yay::group_hug: