Mika's Personal Life

lollipop_monkey

well stop the speculations and let his private life be what it is: his private life! in fact he's not gay. i know it for sure :mf_rosetinted:

anyway, why is it so important for you? does his sexuality influence his music? i don't think so! and we should be fans of his music, not of his sexuality :thumbdown:

Did you shag him? :mf_rosetinted:

And again for the 250th time, no his sexuality doesn't and shouldn't define his music, but there's a chance it influences it, as does every other aspect of his personality :mf_rosetinted: I'm still very curious what Stuck In The Middle is about and I will continue speculating :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I'm repeating myself, he has never said to not discuss the topic, what he DID say is that people have the right to question and he has the right to refuse to answer. He has no problem with people discussing the topic, he merely doesn't feel it necessary to explicitly provide an answer. He has even knowingly and deliberately fueled speculation by having major feature articles in gay magazines such as "Attitude" and "Out" (with the front cover splayed with the title "Mika: Gay?/Post-Gay?/Not Gay?"). The "respect what he wants" excuse for refusing to discuss the topic is ignoring what he himself has said and done, and THAT is not what I call consideration and following his wishes. If a person doesn't wish to discuss the topic because it doesn't interest them then that's perfectly fine by me, I just don't like people making excuses that are CLEARLY ignoring what Mika himself has said and done.

Well, the feeling is pretty mutual in terms of repeating yourself on here...See, when I write stuff, I don't bother to loook through every single post so forgive me if that was what you were expecting. I wasn't directing anything at you lol...so if you said something that you've repeated on and on, than oh well my mistake. I didn't have time to search in order to avoid annoying people

but what you quoted from me went on to say that we don't know what he wants and that's why the situation is pretty "weird"...So when you just quote that part, it's pretty unnecessary since I went on to say other relevant things to back up that statement:mf_rosetinted: :thumb_yello:

Now, what I meant was this: It's common sense that people would rather not be talked about. Just because Mika hasn't said anything about it, doesn't make it entirely right. I don't write down everything he says so, I can't quote him directly...

This thread is so so so interesting!!!! But my eyes are going square trying to keep up.

It's funny how Mika's life is causing everyone here(almost) to get so into this disscussion.

I've a feeling that in 5 or 10 years or so, Mika's life will be a book or something. It's very interesting,(well what we know anyway).

I just hope he can handle all his curious fans.:)

Right. I guess that's my philosophy as well. WHY do you need to know so

desperately? Why is it SO important to discuss it? I don't get that...

For me, personally, I like to discuss things such as his sexuality, simply because I like to hear the opinions of others. Sure, we don't know for sure and we may not know any time soon, but there is no harm in developing our opinions by way of discussion. Each of us have our beliefs on whether we think he's straight or gay, and I think it's interesting learning what others have to say. :thumb_yello:

It's like the meaning of life. We will never know for sure, but that doesn't keep people from discussing it.

And again for the 250th time, no his sexuality doesn't and shouldn't define his music, but there's a chance it influences it, as does every other aspect of his personality :mf_rosetinted:I'm still very curious what Stuck In The Middle is about and I will continue speculating :mf_rosetinted:

I thought it was as simple as him being stuck in the middle in his family.. :blush-anim-cl:

dcdeb, well sorry it wasn't you who answered bad...I think I put all in the same bag.

But there was a newbie who asked if Mika was gay or not, and all the repies were laughing at her, or saying "please, girl, we're not gonna discuss that, hahaha" or sarcastic things. I felt dissapointed when I saw some of that post were made for people I know from here, and some of them, mods.

Somebody closed it the same day it was created, before someone could explain the new girl why she couldn't ask us about it.

hey did you read my green lettered post before? I'd like to know what do you think about my subject #2 about MIka...

Scut have I told you lately that I love you? :wub2: You have saved me quoting a hundred posts and addressing just about everything here and I totally agree with you.

I wish that people would actually listen to what Mika has said about the topic instead of making up their own rules:

Yes thank you! And can we also apply this discussion to the demos and studio outtakes? There is nothing in the message that Sivan posted from Mika that states he doesn't want them to be discussed on MFC. He said he didn't want the tracks posted...as I'm sure he doesn't want any of his recordings posted here because it's copyright infringement and pretty much goes without saying.

It's become another taboo topic for what I think are poorly thought out reasons and everyone just toes the party line and indiscriminately shuts down the topic regardless of the content of the thread. Because tracks like Instant Martyr were initially bundled with the bootlegs floating around people get nervous and defensive in discussing them which is completely ridiculous because they've been released officially now.

We need to stop reading so much into every word that Mika utters like it's a commandment written in stone. Contexts are ambiguous and circumstances change. No one should speak for Mika and dictate what others should and shouldn't discuss based on something they think he said 12 months ago.

Barring revealing extremely private information such as his telephone number or candid photos of his young siblings or something illegal like copyright infringement, I think we should be free to post anything on here that pertains to Mika.

If people don't like the topic or they've been around so long they're tired of hearing about it then don't open the thread and for heaven's sakes don't post in it. No one asked you to read all 5,000 posts a day here so if you find one thread to be pointless and a waste of time then ignore it instead of harassing the people who choose to participate.

It's beyond that now, "we don't care" is no longer just "we love his music no matter what his sexuality is" it's become "don't talk about his sexuality"…

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with people having a philosophy of "I don't care" but it's not as if the topic is ever "Do you care about Mika's sexuality?" I think it's rude to respond with I DON'T CARE when someone is asking questions or expressing curiosity on a topic that a lot of people want to discuss whether everyone likes it or not. Anyone who didn't have an agenda to shut down the discussion and was truly disinterested in the topic, wouldn't even open the thread, muchless post "I don't care".

A very good point. Just because the "I don't care" philosophy is popular it doesn't mean that everyone follows it and it is no one's place to tell another person whether they should or should not care.

It really irked me when I saw a post that said we had "all agreed" on a certain topic and then it was closed down. I will never agree that Mika's sexuality is off limits for discussion and I'm sure there are hundreds of posters on here who feel the same way.

If Mika sends an edict from on high or the mods implement certain rules for whatever reason, that's their prerogative. But stop pretending that it's some sort of democracy and we're all in agreement. If it was really the case that we were all in agreement, there would be no need to even a close a thread because it would quickly die a natural death for lack of discussion.

We actually should be able to discuss his sexuality in a way, but the problem is, most threads started about it are started in a childish way, like: Omfg people r sayin hes gay is he is he is he?

If it starts with a childish question, it's all the more reason for people who have intelligent thoughts on the matter to address it and enlighten the person who created the thread. Berating them and closing down the thread is equally childish IMO.

No, I just mean that when sexuality in general is discussed he gets squirmy, whether it be girls or boys.

I think he does too, but Mika gets squirmy whenever a situation is in danger of veering off into unprepared territory. He handles direct questions about his sexual orientation very calmly but when someone starts asking him about banging his lollipop girls he is horrified because it's so unexpected.

I never saw Mika squirm as much as he did when the Norwegian interviewer kept pressing him about the Boyzone cover because he had no PR response at hand and had no idea the interviewer was aware of the story before they began speaking on camera. It's not just about sexually suggestive topics.

It could also be the case that Mika is just naturally embarrassed when discussing sexual topics in inappropriate circumstances (such as with a complete stranger who is interviewing him on television or radio). I'm sure you can imagine I'm quite frank about most things but I wouldn't feel comfortable talking about sex in front of my boss or mother.

"I don't care" is not the same than "I accept him the way he is, no matter the details"...and sure, nobody doubts his music is amazing and moving for us :wink2:

i get what you want to say. but just imagine mika would read this thread, i think he would cry, - we should just respect his privacy and control our curiosity. imagine the same happened with you, - you want your privacy and just make music, but everybody asks you about your sexuality, every day. kind of frustrating, isn't it?!

rude question... i also keep my private life what it is: private.

This is a touchy subject and maybe this was the right time to speak openly about all this. Good initiative :thumb_yello: As I said earlier curiosity is human and I understand that new members want to find out more about M. Sooooo, my personal opinion is:

1) On the sexuality issue: the fact is that WE DONT KNOW, so why should we keep discuss it over and over again? Do we lack imagination that much?

2) About his family... Yasmine worked with him on LICM, Allegra sang with him on stage, this is public. But when it comes to posting pics that were taken on Fortuné's facebook I think this is going a bit too far... my personal opinion. I don't think Mika would appreciate.

3) Does he have a drivers licence and that kind of questions are totally innocent and Mika provokes them contradicting himself in interviews. People need to realize that he makes a lot of things up when answering journalists questions, he admitted him himself, so I think we shouldn't take what he says too seriously ;)

the topic is reasonable and is open to different pov.

o.c. the freedom of speech being strictly involved makes it even harder to "solve".

I don't agree with some of the persepectives the forum seems to have developed as time go by, but as a sign of respect for a place I attend with pleasure and care, I tend to obey the rules.

normally my PERSONAL policy is respect, meaning as I'd posted in a thread not long ago, voltaire's quote (sorry if translation from french is not correct) "someone 's freedom starts where someone else's freedom ends".

so we have all virtually freedom of speech, as long as we respect each other.

the I DON'T CARE policy started in a way (I was the one who brought it up in the 1st place, after freddie created the infamous thread with so many replies), but its meaning winded a very different way as time went by and so I parted myself from it.

monkey is right by saying mika's more than free to state he doesn't want to talk about it and I respect that. if we can discuss it, in a polite way, it's another matter, as she righly point out.

we enquire SOOOO many ridicolous details (body hair, ear piercing, glasses fashion, and more and more and more), I think it's simply hypocrite we say we only are here for his music.

I myself don't care so much for some details, but it doesn't mean other people don't do. an they probably don't care for other mika details I care about. again, free, civil discussion.

intrusion in his private life (posting "stolen" pics, family pics not official, and stuff), is not smt I approve and it's been condemned so far by mods, which i agree with.

the outtakes topic is also another rule I obey, though I don't totally agree with it. but again, mika's asked it, mods rightly condemn their sharing, and I have in past reported some violations to this "rule" myself too.

it's difficult to be all of the same opinion: we are so many, so different and again, it's a free world. it's called cohabitation. :boxed:

I'm not going to quote the whole post, it being so long, but I just wanted to say: Very well written :)

I do however think that his squirming in interviews might also come from him being shy when it comes to sexuality and relationships in general. Now I know he has said that he isn't shy, but knowing from myself (I have an almost identical background as him), even though I'm as far away from shy as you can get, when it comes to subjects like that, even though I am 100% confident about myself IN those subjects, I'm very uncomfortable talking about them with people I don't know.. Imagine then what it's like to talk about them or being talked to- about them on international TV and magazines!

Yup..........it was a mighty long post! :blink:

I have rather a lot to say on the subject. Some of which has already been expressed by Scut today but generally I believe everyone is Bisexual and then makes choices about who within the endless pool of people to choose from they actually fancy.

The only difference is that a male/female pairing can result in a baby!! :mf_rosetinted:

Everything else is about how a person makes you feel all wuzzy and fluffy :wub2: inside and how you feel the urge to protect that other person from the big bad world . The "bits" they have on/in their anatomy are irrelavant! :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

changing the subject, what really worries me sometimes is the fact that he lies in the interviews. I mean...if he starts doing that more often, one day we won't know what to believe about him! And he'll be famous for being such a liar. Personally, I respect people who have secrets or doesn't want to tell all the truth, but...lying instead?? I feel strange about that. And I dunno what to say when I realise Mika is clearly lying. What do you think??

agree with you there. i hate it if ppl are lying, and he's so good at it, in the moment where he says it you don't even realize he's lying (if he's talking to you personally... we had that in munich!) and buy it. and only later you start thinking "wait a minute..." :blink: and you forgive him cause he did it in such a cute way... but he can't keep on doing that forever!

We close these sorts of new threads because historically we've had some