2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Thanks for your report, Lilacmandi. It sounds like you had a great time! So glad you got a balloon. How nice of security to put your coat safely away so that you could enjoy the show. Ouch, I hope the girl that took a tumble is OK.

Have not heard about security HELPING people on stage. Sounds like a fun gig!

The after party was a mixture of different things. He seemed more devoted to the fans he already knew (that's what made me feel a bit out of place..but don't get me wrong I think it's great he's so loving to his loyal fans/friends I just wish I had met him before but I never had the chance). At the same time he had a look like 'what did I get myself into..?'

I think we all contributed to the chaos of that night in a way. I wouldn't really worry too much about it. I think it's expected that this sort of thing would happen. Whether you had a good time there last night or didn't just remember that we are incredibly lucky to have someone like Mika who wanted to share a special moment with a handful of his fans. I'm not sure how he expected it to turn out, but he did seem to be good spirited about the whole thing. All in all what I enjoyed more about that night was meeting new people (Mika included) and getting to watch an artist actually wanting to talk to the people that have helped him along the way. Not many artists/bands do that.

Violet, I really like what you said. Maybe Mika did expect it to be somewhat chaotic, I don't know...but hopefully he came away from last night with mostly positive feelings. It must be nice for him to see familiar faces *wishes I could be one* but I bet he enjoys seeing new faces, too. The fans just keep rolling in! :roftl: And it's true--not many bands or musicians go out of their way like this. I really appreciate Mika's kindness--and the kindness of everyone he works with.

Violet, I really like what you said. Maybe Mika did expect it to be somewhat chaotic, I don't know...but hopefully he came away from last night with mostly positive feelings. It must be nice for him to see familiar faces *wishes I could be one* but I bet he enjoys seeing new faces, too. The fans just keep rolling in! :roftl: And it's true--not many bands or musicians go out of their way like this. I really appreciate Mika's kindness--and the kindness of everyone he works with.

definitely, but the "He seemed more devoted to the fans he already knew" does scare me a little, IF it is true. I have been a dovoted member of the fanclub and a devoted fan to Mika for over a year now and i'd like to be one of the recognisable ones lol :blush-anim-cl: but who doesn't, right? I think it's a "selfish" thought that everyone shares. i've just never had a chance to meet him, but one day...ONE DAY...I will pin him down :roftl:

I am back at home, slept 3 hours , my luggage are lost by british Airways, but , no matter because yesterday i learnt what Paradise look like !

Many thanks to Allegra and Avoca , Mika was surrounded by so many people but he manages to keep cool and sign autographs and so on ;

"Mummy" was filming us and i spoke with her , told her she could be proud of her son .

I want to say a hello to raki, sheena, stéphanie and all the others who were with me front row !!

Well, here a few pics of last night as some have asked for them:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaBrixtonAcademy280208

thankyou so much for the pics! And Mika looks mighty cute in YOUR T-shirt!

and someone went dressed up as Grey Skelly! Genius! and Mika had a Chinese umbrella for the scene before love today!

Bare with me because I may not have all my facts straight, but from what I understand, Mika was going to talk to everyone - he was going to work the room. Because things got out of hand with people coming back, that's why those people didn't get the chance to talk. I think if someone was in that position, they'd have all the right in the world to say how disappointed or angry they were; their chance was taken away by others. I hope that fans wouldn't blame Mika, and as Jennie said herself, she doesn't.

Another thing, of course, is that it may really have been that he had to leave because the bar was closing. The fact of the matter is that if people had stayed in their places, been grateful with their Mika interaction, and then given others the chance to talk, then Mika would have been able to do that.

I mean yeah, there's a time to be grateful to be invited to the afterparty, but that was with the full understanding that they'd get a chance to talk to Mika. I'm sure some people would have gone regardless if the band or Mika were there, but I'm willing to bet everyone had that expectation. There's going to be jealously regardless if it had been a 100% success (someone may have wanted more time with him), so there's no sure fire way to get rid of that unless there isn't a party all together.

Edit: Yeah, I agree, we definitely don't want any bi*ching and moaning. Being devoid of any negative feelings to make Mika happy isn't necessarily the right way to go either, but I don't think that's what you're getting at.

Agreed.

I'm also having mixed feeling about all that. On one hand is absolutely fabulous that they got backstage passes and I'm happy for them but on the other hand- if that thing about people coming back and asking for more is true then I don't know what to say. Guess it just sadness me and makes a bit angry because of some people's stupidity and greed.

Sara, Rose thanks for your reports! I'm glad you had such a great time and Guapo- thanks for the pictures. They're amazing!

Hey lovies

I had a really horrible day !!!! and now I'm babysitting although all I want to do is go to bed and finish the day... :tears:

So I can't read this thread because one of the children is sick and will wake up soon I know that for sure...

so PLEASE could someone just tell me the important things of the gig and party ? Did Mika stay there the whole nigt... did he chat with everybody??

I would be really really nice if someone can make a very little summary for me :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

May I also add something? To me last night was exactly the same as the "signings" or meetings that happen after the gigs, when everyone is trying to get to Mika.

The reality of the situation was over a 100 fans in a room with Mika, the band and his family.

Everyone wanted to speak to him, and they did the same that they do when he leaves the venue after a show: go and crowd him.

It was the same.

I had not managed to speak to him any of the other days this week for the same reason: because I didn't get close enough, or push, or try and move others out of the way.

This is what happenned last night I think: we had a different place, but the same situation. I feel lucky that I went over at the start, when he was saying his toast, hence I was in the perfect spot for when he'd finished speaking to ask him what I wanted to ask, and get the picture.

Later on (after being all over and speaking to lots of people, which my pics can prove :roftl: ) I got close again and threw in a couple of words while he was speaking to others who are my friends, but as far as I was concerned, I wasn't demanding his attention or getting too close, or pushing, or being a pain about it, I just went with the flow and with my little "high" that I had at the time.

Anyway what I'm trying to say I guess is that even though nobody has accused me of hogging him, I am now feeling a bit bad about it all because so many of my friends are upset about it, so it's a bittersweet situation.

Of course if some were hogging him and not letting him move, that is really bad and I don't appreciate it, but I would also like to think that maybe others like me who got close and chatted to him did not actually do anything "wrong" or with any bad intention, and simply took our chance when we had it.

In the same way that we did not get our chance earlier in the week, when others did. I clearly remember that when he came out on tue, many of us were at the back waiting, and we never got close to him cause the ones at the front just stayed there until he left, not moving afgter they had seen or spoken to him.

I'm not blaming them for it, just expressing the reality of how it was, and why the rest who were in the same situation as me never got to speak to him.:thumb_yello: .

Anyway, regarding why and when he left, I am inclined to think that it was due to the venue closing, as the security people were saying that, and I don't think that it was due to Mika feeling bad about the situation...I know that I don't "know", but maybe we're kind of jumping the gun here making assumptions on how stressed he was or so.....

I suspect that he may have been as stressed (or not) as he usually is after a gig, when he has tons of people asking for things. Maybe he was just tired, which would be natural? He seemed in good spirits til the end to me, so I don't really know if we're not just transferring our feelings to him here.

In any case this is my 2 cents on some of it!:wink2:

Well, here a few pics of last night as some have asked for them:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaBrixtonAcademy280208

Great pictures!:thumb_yello: Thanks for posting the link oh, and the t-shirt is super cute! Can you make one too?:bleh:

And I almost forgot about the HE video where the band thanks him- it brought tears to my eyes. The cuttest thing ever.:wub2:

thankyou so much for the pics! And Mika looks mighty cute in YOUR T-shirt!

and someone went dressed up as Grey Skelly! Genius! and Mika had a Chinese umbrella for the scene before love today!

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pics of the gig, and then I lost all the ones I took during the day as I deleted them by accident:roftl:.

I have tons of good videos though so will try and get them up there as soon as i can.

Hey lovies

I had a really horrible day !!!! and now I'm babysitting although all I want to do is go to bed and finish the day... :tears:

So I can't read this thread because one of the children is sick and will wake up soon I know that for sure...

so PLEASE could someone just tell me the important things of the gig and party ? Did Mika stay there the whole nigt... did he chat with everybody??

I would be really really nice if someone can make a very little summary for me :wub2::blush-anim-cl:

Sorry to hear that violet! It's very hard to summarise though, it got a bit complex.

Lots of mixed emotions:boxed:

I am so happy for everyone who went to this gig and had such a wonderful time. I hope that one day I will get to go and see Mika live. I watched the video of Happy Ending and felt so happy and sad at the same time. If I get so much out of watching the videos on youtube I can only imagine what it`s like to actually be there!!! I hope to see him on the next tour - It wont be the same as seeing him with his first album tour but will definitely be amazing...it`s MIKA!!

I didn't go to theafterparty because I didn't knwo there was one, plus I wasn't invited if thats what happens because I am 13 and none of Mika's people have ever heard of me but hey ho...moving on...

The gig itself (I do know about that) was incredible! The encore of Relax at the end was fab, and he got people on stage to dance with him in Lollipop - does that usually happen?

Love Today was fab - a shirtless Mika!! Um....Stuck In tHE mIDdle was Fab!!!!!! There was like a trumpet solo atthe end of stuck in the middle, and Mika did loads of scatting in it too, whilst getting the audience to sing "stuck in the middle" repetitively over the top of him.

Overall, fabulous!!!!!!! Plus, I think it is the music that counts as he is a singer so this thread should kinda be more about the gig than what some people did and didn't do at the afterparty.

However being my hypocritical self, out of interest, how did you get passes to go to the afterparty??? Do you all know Mika and his band or something?

You don't have to know the management as such, but yesterday was about being in the queue when the passes where given out initially, and the only reason the others were given out was because they decided to get a bigger room to accommodate more people. And you had to be over 18 with ID.

Rose, you are back...download your pics...please. :wub2:

You don't have to know the management as such, but yesterday was about being in the queue when the passes where given out initially, and the only reason the others were given out was because they decided to get a bigger room to accommodate more people. And you had to be over 18 with ID.

Sorry to hear that violet! It's very hard to summarise though, it got a bit complex.

Lots of mixed emotions:boxed:

It's okey..was just one of these day when you think it would have been the best to stay in bed..

I believe you that it's difficult tu summarise but I would like to know how long Mika did stay at the party ?

I have very sore toes!!!!!:boxed: :boxed: :boxed: 7 out of 10 are bruised.... I need to make a mental note and wear steel capped boots to the next Mika gig I go to!!!!:roftl:

I have pics and will upload soon:thumb_yello:

I went to the gig in Brixton, with not much hope of actually meeting Mika, because i know it's getting harder for him now. I was just looking forward to his performance.

omg, he was sensational!! The band before him were called Rollo, I think (don't know if it's spelled right) and they would have been okay, but they were much too loud and you couldn't tell what they were singing. But then Mika came on, and what a difference!! He was incredible!!! I couldn't take my eyes off him, and I was fortunate enough to get on the front row of the balcony, so i had a great view!

I also got a wristband, so I got to go to the party afterwards. I was so thrilled! I met Mika and gave him the present i'd bought for him ( a necklace in the shape of a starfish) I told him it was my way of showing my appreciation for alll his hard work, and the happiness he has brought to the world. He said "Awwwe, thank you so much," and I said, "God bless you Mika." He also signed my DVD.

I was very happy to meet many of the people on this forum, and put names to faces.

It was a fantastic night, and I got tipsy on the free champers!!! The party ended after midnight, basically, after Mika left, and then we went back to our hotel, and slept really well!

He's absolutely wonderful! :thumb_yello: