No Mika album this year (2008)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok we will accept this if we get the promised EP :wink2:

I agree :mf_rosetinted: maybe you could e-mail that to Jerry to?

"CONSIDERING WE HAVE GIVEN YOU LIGHT AND EVIDENCE ON A RECENT SCANDAL THAT INCLUDES YOUR ARTWORK, MAY MIKA'S FANS HAVE AN AWARD FOR ACTING SO QUICKLY? LIKE...OH I DUNNO......THAT EP THAT MIKA TALKED ABOUT LONG AGO?!?!!?!?!?!?!?"

Look really desperate, BEG, and we might just be halfway there :thumb_yello:

I am that , or just happy songs :punk:

The article from wayyy back stated a EP while we wrote his second album , that always related to delays ......

Six Songs for Sorrow I believe he was going to name. Six sad songs on a CD that wouldn't make it onto an album.

Come on Mika, you know you wanna!

Didn't he say he'd definitely release something this year if the album was going to take loner than intended? Maybe, yes, an EP? :original::fisch:

Wishful thinking?:wink2:

But beautiful wishful thinking!

:wub2:

I would love to see that EP.

But he could also release a new DVD with footage from the last tour, and bits and pieces Andy has filmed.

Oh:blush-anim-cl:

Wouldn't that be a great idea to keep us deply devoted?:wub2:

Seriously!:cool:

Ok we will accept this if we get the promised EP :wink2:

Are you talking about the one with sad and angry songs?:wink2:

Happy..:biggrin2:... sad ... :emot-sad:... covers ...- don't care - anything would be nice.

Ill probe Jerry soon orrrrr errrrrrrrrrrrrr:naughty:

Im sure during the festival gigs we can ask him

He wont go all year withour releasing anything

Man... I tell you hes a perfectionist

Spelt right CazGirl?:naughty:

All good...apart from the lack of apostrophes but I'll let ya off :wink2:

Ill probe Jerry soon orrrrr errrrrrrrrrrrrr:naughty:

Im sure during the festival gigs we can ask him

He wont go all year withour releasing anything

Man... I tell you hes a perfectionist

Spelt right CazGirl?:naughty:

He's spelt "without" wrong too, but could be a typo:naughty:

He's spelt "without" wrong too, but could be a typo:naughty:

Aw poor Freddie, getting all his grammar corrected :naughty:

He'd better play us some new songs in July:mf_rosetinted:

I'm very curious what it'll be like, also because I feel like there's possibly no such things as 'another Mika' or 'another Life in Cartoon Motion'. We'll just wait and see! :)

Is this what happens when he wins songwriting awards lol!....delays his album release due to writing commitments.

I think that may have something to do with the timing of his admission. Now he can justify to the powers that be that he needs to take his sweet creative time in making another masterpiece, rather than producing another cash cow out of thin air.

I don't need any further confirmation of this story. If he had released a new album this year it would have been a miracle. He first recorded Grace Kelly in 2005 so there's no chance something would be on the shelves in the next 7 months.

We will probably start hearing rumblings of a tentative release date at least that far in advance of the actual release. Clearly he's nowhere near that point yet.

I agree :mf_rosetinted: maybe you could e-mail that to Jerry to?

"CONSIDERING WE HAVE GIVEN YOU LIGHT AND EVIDENCE ON A RECENT SCANDAL THAT INCLUDES YOUR ARTWORK, MAY MIKA'S FANS HAVE AN AWARD FOR ACTING SO QUICKLY? LIKE...OH I DUNNO......THAT EP THAT MIKA TALKED ABOUT LONG AGO?!?!!?!?!?!?!?"

Look really desperate, BEG, and we might just be halfway there :thumb_yello:

Puppy eyes work:mf_rosetinted: Too bad Fred doesn't have them:naughty:

Didn't he say he'd definitely release something this year if the album was going to take loner than intended? Maybe, yes, an EP? :original::fisch:

I believe it was in his December 2007 Live Lounge interview with Jo Whiley. She asked him if it would be in 2008, and he said exactly what you quoted: "I'll definitely release something."

So I'm sticking by my March 23 album release guess, and elaborating by suggesting that the lead-off single will be available in stores (or via iTunes) before Christmas. :wink2:

He'd better play us some new songs in July:mf_rosetinted:

MFCers - bring your cameras to these shows! Hide 'em in your bras, if necessary! (Sorry Freddie. :naughty:)

So I'm sticking by my March 23 album release guess, and elaborating by suggesting that the lead-off single will be available in stores (or via iTunes) before Christmas. :wink2:

MFCers - bring your cameras to these shows! Hide 'em in your bras, if necessary! (Sorry Freddie. :naughty:)

Freddie can hide 'em in his kilt!

I think a Christmas single is too soon for an album in late March. Relax is a one-off situation because it was an introductory promo-of-Mika thing rather than the album.