No Mika album this year (2008)

[/center]

I think that may have something to do with the timing of his admission. Now he can justify to the powers that be that he needs to take his sweet creative time in making another masterpiece, rather than producing another cash cow out of thin air.

I don't need any further confirmation of this story. If he had released a new album this year it would have been a miracle. He first recorded Grace Kelly in 2005 so there's no chance something would be on the shelves in the next 7 months.

We will probably start hearing rumblings of a tentative release date at least that far in advance of the actual release. Clearly he's nowhere near that point yet.

Maybey I should have put a

:mf_rosetinted: at the end of that sentence. It was meant as humour!

xxx

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika has said he won't be releasing his new album until next year.

"The new album won't be until 2009," Mika told PS. "I'm being quite protective over it, because it feels weird to talk about songs until they're ready for everyone to hear them."

He added: "They're definitely fun songs - I'm chasing the same feelings I had on my first record. If I do that and develop too, I'm on the right path."

http://www.teletext.co.uk/planetsound/news/cf0273d7c88bc251dcf9059d8e98ad18/No+Mika+album+this+year.aspx

not sure if this is a reliable source or not... but it is what it is :blink:

All we have left is to WAIT!!!!!

I guess I'll be a BIT patience, but knowing myself I will go insane by next week!!!

Ah, so THIS is where all the pedants hang out. *settles in*

:bleh:PPFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

*clears throat* That isn't a word. :sneaky2:

MFCers - bring your cameras to these shows! Hide 'em in your bras, if necessary! (Sorry Freddie. :naughty:)

:roftl: That's what we did at the Vancouver gig. (Tsk...idea stealer :mf_rosetinted:) It worked really well though, if you stick it down under the little connecty-bit in between, it'll stay there and nobody'll notice it through your shirt. :thumb_yello:

:roftl: That's what we did at the Vancouver gig. (Tsk...idea stealer :mf_rosetinted:) It worked really well though, if you stick it down under the little connecty-bit in between, it'll stay there and nobody'll notice it through your shirt. :thumb_yello:

what a great tip! :thumb_yello::naughty:

Ah, so THIS is where all the pedants hang out. *settles in*

*clears throat* That isn't a word. :sneaky2:

:roftl:

Yeah but it sucks for the younger, less developed fans, our boobs aren't big enough yet :thumbdown: (Well at least mine aren't...)

Maybey I should have put a

:mf_rosetinted: at the end of that sentence. It was meant as humour!

xxx

Oh yes, I got that. :thumb_yello: But I still think you've got something there. I think he's probably got some people off his case now (hopefully).

Hmmm...that's a good tip. I remember that the next time I want to sneak something somewhere...stuff it in my bra.

That's what we did at the Vancouver gig. (Tsk...idea stealer ) It worked really well though, if you stick it down under the little connecty-bit in between, it'll stay there and nobody'll notice it through your shirt. :thumb_yello:

I've seen you give this advice so many times, but I can't help but think this technique's success would depend rather heavily on camera and bra size :lmfao:

Ahahahahahahahaa...:roftl:

We-ell...there's always underwear...

We-ell, no one wants be looking like some kind of cross dresser either :lmfao:

Especially with what Mika thinks of cross dressers...

68753857fe5.jpg

:lmfao:

(Tsk...idea stealer )

:jawdrop: That's not a real word!

Hmmm...that's a good tip. I remember that the next time I want to sneak something somewhere...stuff it in my bra.

Ehh is it weird for me to say that my camera is slightly to big to put in my bra :roftl:

I've seen you give this advice so many times, but I can't help but think this technique's success would depend rather heavily on camera and bra size :lmfao:

Hey, I'm proud of it, OK? :roftl:

:jawdrop: That's not a real word!

YES. IT. IS. It's in Harry Potter. And who are YOU to argue with the genius that is Harry Potter? :sneaky2:

Ha, this is the first time he's actually answered the "will it be in 2008?" question. He's dodged that question a few times with some vague "it will be ready when it's ready" answer.

Not that this is a shocker. I'm still banking on a spring 2009 release date. We should start a betting pool. I say...March 23. :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah i expected it to be released in spring 2009 too...I say May 28th :mf_rosetinted:

Ahahahahahahahaa...:roftl:

We-ell...there's always underwear...

tried it. don't wanna go there again. lasted about 5 seconds lol. bra works so much better, and the security never checks there, only you have to make sure the flashing light part is facing in lol.:naughty::naughty:

that "something" released this year better come to the u.s. toooo...:boxed:

i believe i guessed may 6th for the album, but i think it should be sooner so i can pick up a copy in the uk...

• 1 year later...
Just making mischief, :teehee:

:lmfao:

I must be an older fart than you, anyway,:roftl:but that's what came up to my mind first when i saw you bumped the thread just to get us a heart attack!:biggrin2:

Bad, bad, Babs!:sneaky2:

:biggrin2:

What mischief is this?:naughty:

What evil mischief is this.:aah:

I must be an older fart than you, anyway,:roftl:but that's what came up to my mind first when i saw you bumped the thread just to get us a heart attack!:biggrin2:

Bad, bad, Babs!:sneaky2:

:biggrin2:

I think I am a much older fart than you wonka. :naughty: