Mika in Beirut - Beiteddine and BAALBECK Festival

racha

Hey, how are you?

I see you are astonished at expensive flight tickets for Beirut. Don't you follow news? :roftl:

http://yalibnan.com/site/archives/2008/06/resilient_beiru.php

I understand your disappointment (or dissatisfaction) but I'd rather prefer higher prices but people's growing interest to go for L. (I think these things are related) than empty cafes and restaurants of B. Empty cafes, shops, restaurants, hotels means no money or no employment :(

People's steady income is better for the country, too.

They prices to go to beirut are crazy!! I love that its a hotspot and all... but heres some perspective for you, flying in from north america is expensive no matter how you look at it. last summer i flew in for $1700, this summer im paying $2400... My mom went last summer for $1600, this april for $1100 and just left last week for $2400 ... her ticket just in the months since the election and all that more than DOUBLED ... i've heard u can't even get a hotel room in beirut this summer since people are climbing all over eachother to get a spot!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They prices to go to beirut are crazy!! I love that its a hotspot and all... but heres some perspective for you, flying in from north america is expensive no matter how you look at it. last summer i flew in for $1700, this summer im paying $2400... My mom went last summer for $1600, this april for $1100 and just left last week for $2400 ... her ticket just in the months since the election and all that more than DOUBLED ... i've heard u can't even get a hotel room in beirut this summer since people are climbing all over eachother to get a spot!

Yeah i know the prices are rising like mad :thumbdown: i know a bunch of friends who can't go this summer to lebanon because of the high price of the ticket and there are hardly any tickets left !

Ran across this tonight -- thought I'd share...

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=4&article_id=93876

dcdeb

Thanks Deb I haven't read that article before ! thank you for sharing that article with us :wub2:

Hope you can buy these shirts in Beirut too!

Front:

p7070002lc7.th.jpg

Back:

p7070001dl3.th.jpg

(pics copied from Parc des Princes thread from mici!!)

Nice to see he has included these gigs in Beirut and Jordan on the list!

Hope you can buy these shirts in Beirut too!

Front:

p7070002lc7.th.jpg

Back:

p7070001dl3.th.jpg

(pics copied from Parc des Princes thread from mici!!)

Nice to see he has included these gigs in Beirut and Jordan on the list!

Wow i'll keep my fingers crossed for the gig :mf_lustslow: hope that these shirts will be on sold too ! now at least we are sure that this gig is kind of official

Hey! Thanks for your info, dcdeb and Blue Sky! :thumb_yello:

*Can somebody explain to me, pleeease, why am I so excited?*:shocked::roftl:

Cubs! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I have studied far from my family and I know how it feels if you miss your family but can't go to see them because of stupid money matters :thumbdown: But I do hope that after the high season prices for flight tickets will be more normal (in March the return ticket from Prague to Beirut was about 300 USD).

Lana86! What can I say? I am glad that I live in Europe. :wub2:

Take care of yourself, pls!

Hey all :biggrin2:

So it looks like Mika is so looking forward for this gig!

From his latest blog today:

"I’ve got 2 more weeks of touring coming up including my gig in Beirut on the 27th. I’m hugely looking forward to playing in Lebanon and couldn’t think of a better way to end this summer run. "

More here

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15726&page=41

The Dreamers need some one who is going to go to the Beirut gig that wouldn't mind helping us get our Dreamers Box to MIKA:blush-anim-cl:

I would appreciate it very much, thank you! :thumb_yello:

if you wouldn't mind helping, could you please PM me or post soon? Thanks, I just would need to know where to send the box to get to the gig :biggrin2:

heres the Dreamers project thread!

http://mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14460

:thumb_yello:

Hope the BIG ICECREAM makes it on time!!

http://www.mikasounds.com/2008/07/22/nimes-mika-blog/

"On my way to Geneva now, making plans for my concert in Martyr’s Square in Beirut while on the Bus. Desperately begging my Inflatable makers in London to get as much done in time for the gig on the 27th. Who ever thought a seven foot ice cream could be such drama!

Mx"

:wub2:

Mika's looking for Big Girls for Beirut!

From his blog on http://www.mikasounds.com

YO!!

We are looking for volunteers who would be willing to take part in my show in Beirut on the 27th of JULY and dance on stage with us in full BIG GIRL costume.

If you think you are suitable to dance as a Big Girl and are willing to let your hair down and have a blast on stage then send an email with the following details;

1. Your name and age

2. A picture of your self

3. Your basic clothing measurements (for the costume)

4. Your contact details (email and phone number)

5. Last but not least! Why you want to take part!

SEND EMAIL TO; hala.cabbabe@mtvlebanon.com

PLEASE NOTE; You do not have to already possess a ticket for the show, however must already be in Beirut on the night of the gig. Entrants must be 16 or over.

Oh well, I sent an email, but explained that I am only size 10, which in my opinion is not much of a big girl...

:thumbdown:

maybe a clown? :roftl: or a lolipop girl? :roftl:

No, not as a clown :no: They'll probably have the professionals with.

For you only pink colour left to consider about :wink2:

*I am so sad*

So, there are only 5 of you signed up here.

Any of you going to try?

I'll have a go, I'm size 16.

Anyone got a spare £300 for the airfare:roftl::roftl::roftl:!

"Mika is the new genius of pop music. Born in Beirut to a Lebanese mother and living in London, he writes his own lyrics and music.He is often compared to Robbie Williams, Scissor Sisters and Freddy Mercury.

His first album “Life in Cartoon Motion” introduces such songs as “Grace Kelly”, “Relax, Take it Easy” and “Love Today” and has beaten all records in Europe and the United States. His music is fabulous. His four-octaves voice drives the crowd wild."

I was just pricing this up, going from the UK, it would cost me around £550 in total to do it.

Had I been working solidly over the last 6 months, I'd be on the plane on Saturday afternoon no problem.

Oh well, maybe next time.:sad: