Mika's Dad

yogabear90

I don't feel there is as much of a "pecking order" per se....I do get a sense of older/newer posters, and older/younger in terms of age, but there is no way to avoid that. Newbies cannot know the history of MFC events, the legends and controversies. They might pick up bits as they go along, or ask someone (much as you see when people ask about chicken...or more recently, Dr Seuss).

Each person's perspective on things is filtered through their personality and their own years of personal life experience, sometimes as fans of other artists, sometimes as complete novices on a forum, sometimes just as jaded oldlings, or secret fangurls or whatever, but these things make each of us respond in a completely different way from each other and in terms of oldlings vs teenagers. And there will always be some people with whom you get along and some you don't, just like RL...but that doesn't make it a pecking order. And some you might really like on here, but might feel differently about if you met in person....the complexities of online written communication! :wink2: (And not all of us are native Englsih speakers either...just adding to the mix!)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't feel there is as much of a "pecking order" per se....I do get a sense of older/newer posters, and older/younger in terms of age, but there is no way to avoid that. Newbies cannot know the history of MFC events, the legends and controversies. They might pick up bits as they go along, or ask someone (much as you see when people ask about chicken...or more recently, Dr Seuss).

Each person's perspective on things is filtered through their personality and their own years of personal life experience, sometimes as fans of other artists, sometimes as complete novices on a forum, sometimes just as jaded oldlings, or secret fangurls or whatever, but these things make each of us respond in a completely different way from each other and in terms of oldlings vs teenagers. And there will always be some people with whom you get along and some you don't, just like RL...but that doesn't make it a pecking order. And some you might really like on here, but might feel differently about if you met in person....the complexities of online written communication! :wink2: (And not all of us are native Englsih speakers either...just adding to the mix!)

I agree with everything you said... except the bit about the pecking order:naughty: I just feel like there is one. This morning it bothered me. Right now, I'm tired and can't muster the enthusiasm to be bothered. I still think it's there though.

Actually, I was just thinking about this some more while washing the dishes (I didn't get much done, cos I'm practically straight back here:naughty:) and maybe I'd describe it more like high school. There are different friendship groups on here and little cliques and politics and loyalties and it all gets quite tangled to work out sometimes who's in with who, who's fighting with who, who's persona non gratis (sp?) at the moment, etc etc. I'm pretty sure the high school analogy has been used before....

OK, gonna go back and do more dishes.

Dear Lord... :boxed:

I wish I had never mentioned anything about the pictures. I have received a few PM's from people asking me to email the pictures of Fortuné.

Firstly: why are you so interested in him? He's not a public figure like Mika, and probably wouldn't want pictures of himself to spread all over the net. He sang some backing vocals for Mika and that doesn't make him a celebrity.

Secondly: I'm not a paparazzi. I didn't take photos of him on purpose. He just happened to be there with lots of people. I didn't even know who he was at the time. You can hardly see him in the photos and don't recognize him if you don't know what he looks like. So I don't see why I should email my private pictures to anyone. I hope you understand. :ap_rosetinted:

I have never felt like an outsider as a newbie. Perhaps because the forum wasn't as big as it is back then, but still. I had been on many fanforums before and always got completely ignored, no matter how much I posted, but here everyone was immediately nice to me. And ofcourse I learned things along the way but never have I felt anywhere as home as I feel here. That's the reason why I stayed.

So no, in my opinion, newbies aren't singled out, but it's quite logical that before you join something you read the rules and guidelines. To me it is:blink:

I will be so happy the day Britain and the rest of Europe goes back to winter time, because now we are two hours before you and everything interesting is happening long past bedtime!

This is an important discussion, pictures of Mika’s family members or not, and as always it leads us in to other vital questionings about the forum.

If you really think about it, it’s very simple, they are not the artist, to publish their pictures would be as much as an infringe to one of them as the any other private person!

Human curiosity….is it wise to just loose that free?

No!:thumbdown:

We are grown up people, or wish to be counted as, a little normal courtesy please!

As for the newbie vs older members argument... I've never felt rejected as a newbie, and I think we don't patronize on people who ask gently and genuinely. I get irritated, tho, when we explain there's a consensus about certain topics and the new members obviously want to break this consensus and act as if they knew better than the rest of us what's best for this forum. I find it pretty offensive because a lot of hard work has been done to come up with these guidelines, not only by the mods, but all the members who took part to the debate at the time. The same members who've worked for more than a year on making this forum the biggest community of Mika fans ever.

I agree on everything you said in your post and especially this part.

In all kind of communities, you listen before you speak, it will save you a lot of trouble!:wink2:

I can see there are older members making fun of newbie’s questions sometimes, but there's always someone ready to give a proper explanation if the newbie seems to be too lost.

(while they figure out their place in the pecking order!) And if you don't think we have one, that it's all completely egalitarian here, then we must be looking at two different forums. Much as I might wish it otherwise.

Actually, I was just thinking about this some more while washing the dishes (I didn't get much done, cos I'm practically straight back here:naughty:) and maybe I'd describe it more like high school. There are different friendship groups on here and little cliques and politics and loyalties and it all gets quite tangled to work out sometimes who's in with who, who's fighting with who, who's persona non gratis (sp?) at the moment, etc etc. I'm pretty sure the high school analogy has been used before....

OK, gonna go back and do more dishes.

Doing dishes are good, makes one think in peace in quiet!

I’m not a native English speaker, (I know, never been talking about that before:naughty:) so I don’t know if pecking order has the right nuance to it but of course there are members who are more popular and respected than others, why wouldn’t it be?

In my opinion they have deserved this respect!:thumb_yello:

About cliques and friendship groups, some of us have been here for over a year now and have meet in real life several times; I think it’s completely natural.

Dear Lord... :boxed:

I wish I had never mentioned anything about the pictures. I have received a few PM's from people asking me to email the pictures of Fortuné.

See that's exactly what I meant when I said talking of this publicly would make people curious :wink2:

I’m not a native English speaker, (I know, never been talking about that before:naughty:) so I don’t know if pecking order has the right nuance to it but of course there are members who are more popular and respected than others, why wouldn’t it be?

You are right that pecking order does not have the right nuance. There is a loose hierarchy here, just like there is in every social grouping. It is human nature and it is the inherent nature of all societies. You see it everywhere from your own extended family to your nation. That's the way it's been since the dawn of humanity and it will forever be that way.

MFC is not some weird utopian or communist social experiment. We're just a group of regular people who came together online. I don't know why anyone believes that has anything to do with Mika or thinks it is incumbent upon existing members to accommodate new ones in some unnatural way that never occurs in real life.

Sure there may be individuals who fancy themselves more important based on the number of concerts they've been to, but that's all in their minds and in your mind. It's not something we collectively buy into so if people want to live in that fantasy world, let them.

If you're paying close attention you'll see that there are people who have had a lot of contact with Mika who are marginalized from the rest of the group and there are people who've never been within a thousand miles of Mika who carry a lot of social weight in this community.

And given that this is a heavily moderated site, I feel more attention could be paid to this.

Yes and no. I've already said we should respect his family's requests for privacy, but I also think that moderators come down very heavily on people who ask about Mika's family.

SS, I'm concerned by these two sentences of yours.

Why do you feel that the moderators "come down very heavily?"

I don't think any of us want members to feel that way.

Here are the very first two posts of this thread:

Originally Posted by yogabear90

I am not trying to pry into Mika's private life or anything, but I was just thinking a few minutes ago that we are always hearing about Mika's mom and sisters, but what about his father?? I am very curious to know what he looks like and all. I wonder if he is as involved with Mika's music as the rest of the family is. I was just curious, and I thought some other people might be, too.

Originally Posted by dcdeb

In general, we tend not to pry too much into the lives of

Mika's family members who are not in the spotlight with him,

which includes not posting photos of them.

For example, his mom and his sister Yasmine often travel and

appear with him, and work with him -- but his dad seems to

want to keep a low profile and we try to respect that.

You can read more in the Mika FAQ we have here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/fa...afaq#faq_mfaqs

dcdeb

Is my response really that heavy-handed? Not being sarcastic

-- I'm serious. I

really want to know if you think it is. I tried to be very

respectful and explain what the guideline was. I hope that

yogabear didn't perceive that as being "heavy-handed"...:blink:

What could I have said differently?

Wait, why haven't people read the guidelines? Isn't the link to the guidelines and FAQ PMed to new members upon joining? In my view, it is then the new members' responsibility to familiarize themselves with the guidelines.

(If it is not, then I would ask the mods to consider doing this, although I thought that was already being done.)

I don't know if this happens already, but when new members join, they should automatically be sent a PM with a "PLEASE READ" message containing everything they need to know.

Oh, well they probably just ignore it, sadly. There should be a message that says "YOU MUST READ THIS OR YOU CAN'T POST" :naughty:

Yes, when a new member registers, they get a welcome PM that includes

the links to the FAQ and the guidelines, as well as the names of the

moderators and administrators in case they have problems.

As Nono suggests, we looked into setting up

registration so that you could NOT complete the registration process

UNLESS you checked a box saying that you had read and agreed to

the guidelines. And we also thought of sending out the same message

to all existing members as well, so that they would have to

acknowledge that they had read the guidelines before they could

continue to post -- remember that the

guidelines weren't finalized until the end of March this year.

But we thought all that that might come across as too "heavy-handed."

Truly, I think that was the word I used at the time!

I think we all strive to make this a fun, comfortable place

for everyone -- if there are times when anyone thinks the mods are

being too "heavy-handed" or unfair -- even *gasp* doing an

exceptionally good job :wink2: -- I hope everyone feels free to send me

a PM saying so. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

I will PM dcdeb over the weekend a detailed analysis of the situation which I felt was heavily handled, but am not going to post them all here out of context. I assume dcdeb will respect my privacy- she might or might not agree with me, but I think (certainly hope) that she'll see I wasn't making wild and unfounded accusations. I don't. May I also add that I did not initially comment on the moderation, I was pushed into it by long and detailed demands to know exactly what I meant.

But part of the reason I was glad that some of the comments hadn't been directed at me was the vast number of responses seconding the warning against asking about family pictures. Something that has been echoed here. My lighthearted comments that the issues surrounding the roles of Mika and MFC were repeated often throughout the forum, and that I thought the site's values concerning discussion of family v discussion of private parts were odd, has led to 34 long and detailed comments, mostly indignant, demanding clarification and jumping to conclusions.

It's not always clear who's being addressed, (which is probably just as well) but in case you mean me:

I read the rules and FAQs before I posted- and not only because server problems kept me from posting. But if everyone did, you wouldn't keep having to tell them that posting pics of the family is prohibited.

I do not feel lost and rejected, although I'm glad Chickadee is posting on this thread

I listen before I speak, though actually I don't see any problem with immediately jumping in enthusiastically .

I do not think MFC is a weird and wonderful utopian experiment (unless you are referring to Middlesbrough Football Club)

I do not think everything should be changed to suit me or that the time to review policies is when I joined. Neither do I expect "unnatural accomadation" whatever that is. In fact, Niki, Jack Violet and Christine's comments appear to be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, as I can't see anything in any of my posts, or anyone else's on this thread, to suggest new members think anything of the sort.

I certainly don't. I simply think that the issues surrounding the roles of Mika and MFC are repeated often throughout the forum, and that the site's values concerning discussion of family v discussion of private parts are odd.

I know how it feels to be a newbie, I was one at a time, and I know how curious I was and how it felt to be lost on this forum. But as Jack said, I took the time to read the different threads and I asked people privately to enlighten me on certain matters. I do understand that people are interested in what Mika's family members look like and stuff, but we really can't leave this door open. If we let people describe them, or tell other members where to go to get pics/videos, why not post them directly? Where's the limit? I, as a person, would not really appreciate to have my face plastered on the forum without being asked first. It's just a matter of respect. I wouldn't like people to take pics of me without asking either. I guess this is true for everybody, wether they're Mika's sibblings or lambda citizens.

As for Mika's privates... oh well... I agree with Jack, i don't really like these pics, but he's in the spotlights and makes sure to stress his sexual appeal so hey... if it bothered him so much he wouldn't dance half naked on a bed, right? :naughty:

As for the newbie vs older members argument... I've never felt rejected as a newbie, and I think we don't patronize on people who ask gently and genuinely. I get irritated, tho, when we explain there's a consensus about certain topics and the new members obviously want to break this consensus and act as if they knew better than the rest of us what's best for this forum. I find it pretty offensive because a lot of hard work has been done to come up with these guidelines, not only by the mods, but all the members who took part to the debate at the time. The same members who've worked for more than a year on making this forum the biggest community of Mika fans ever.

Well, when I asked people who Amy winehouse was, I got a bunch of smart asses telling me she was the queen of england, it was a serious question, we never hear anything about Amy winehouse over here in Canada up until recently.

Sarcasm shouldn't be used with someone who is being genuine, and frankly, new to somewhere she didn't know was so heavily abused with sarcasm and bitterness.

SS, I'm concerned by these two sentences of yours.

Here are the very first two posts of this thread:

Is my response really that heavy-handed? Not being sarcastic

-- I'm serious. I

really want to know if you think it is. I tried to be very

respectful and explain what the guideline was. I hope that

yogabear didn't perceive that as being "heavy-handed"...:blink:

What could I have said differently?

Yes, when a new member registers, they get a welcome PM that includes

the links to the FAQ and the guidelines, as well as the names of the

moderators and administrators in case they have problems.

As Nono suggests, we looked into setting up

registration so that you could NOT complete the registration process

UNLESS you checked a box saying that you had read and agreed to

the guidelines. And we also thought of sending out the same message

to all existing members as well, so that they would have to

acknowledge that they had read the guidelines before they could

continue to post -- remember that the

guidelines weren't finalized until the end of March this year.

But we thought all that that might come across as too "heavy-handed."

Truly, I think that was the word I used at the time!

I think we all strive to make this a fun, comfortable place

for everyone -- if there are times when anyone thinks the mods are

being too "heavy-handed" or unfair -- even *gasp* doing an

exceptionally good job :wink2: -- I hope everyone feels free to send me

a PM saying so. :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

EXACTLY the pennimans are normal people related to someone famous. I am! I dont want pictures of me surfacing on the internet, and if i did it would be Okay.

I think you're doing a good job, deb. :thumb_yello:

I will PM dcdeb over the weekend a detailed analysis of the situation which I felt was heavily handled, but am not going to post them all here out of context. I assume dcdeb will respect my privacy- she might or might not agree with me, but I think (certainly hope) that she'll see I wasn't making wild and unfounded accusations. I don't. May I also add that I did not initially comment on the moderation, I was pushed into it by long and detailed demands to know exactly what I meant.

But part of the reason I was glad that some of the comments hadn't been directed at me was the vast number of responses seconding the warning against asking about family pictures. Something that has been echoed here. My lighthearted comments that the issues surrounding the roles of Mika and MFC were repeated often throughout the forum, and that I thought the site's values concerning discussion of family v discussion of private parts were odd, has led to 34 long and detailed comments, mostly indignant, demanding clarification and jumping to conclusions.

It's not always clear who's being addressed, (which is probably just as well) but in case you mean me:

I read the rules and FAQs before I posted- and not only because server problems kept me from posting. But if everyone did, you wouldn't keep having to tell them that posting pics of the family is prohibited.

I do not feel lost and rejected, although I'm glad Chickadee is posting on this thread

I listen before I speak, though actually I don't see any problem with immediately jumping in enthusiastically .

I do not think MFC is a weird and wonderful utopian experiment (unless you are referring to Middlesbrough Football Club)

I do not think everything should be changed to suit me or that the time to review policies is when I joined. Neither do I expect "unnatural accomadation" whatever that is. In fact, Niki, Jack Violet and Christine's comments appear to be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, as I can't see anything in any of my posts, or anyone else's on this thread, to suggest new members think anything of the sort.

I certainly don't. I simply think that the issues surrounding the roles of Mika and MFC are repeated often throughout the forum, and that the site's values concerning discussion of family v discussion of private parts are odd.

Well, mika is sexually imbigous, if you hadn't heard. He rubs mud on himself, he dances dirty, his songsare dirty. Well, who's to say his fans aren't? I think it's more acceptable, fantasizing or discussing something innocent in a world where "Sucking too hard on your lollipop" is the theme song, then posting snapshots of real people who could be attacked by paparazzi due to the fact they are related to a celeb. Now, if Mika was...S Club 7, it wouldn't be okay talking about his trouser snake, because...well, they're a children's band from 2001. See the difference?

:naughty: Is it really a weird and wonderful utopian experiment? I don't know anything about football.

In fact, Niki, Jack Violet and Christine's comments appear to be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, as I can't see anything in any of my posts, or anyone else's on this thread, to suggest new members think anything of the sort.

We've had this conversation many times as I'm sure Chickadee will tell you. Phrases like "pecking order" and comparing MFC to high school cliques suggest that there is some sort of class system in operation here, that's it's unfair and it should be changed. Some of us disagree with that and I personally don't think it's incumbent upon existing members to act exactly the same way towards everyone in order to make them feel included. You have to find your own place within social groups. It's not other people's responsibility.

Well if it was in another thread fine. I'm enjoying looking through them, but there are a lot.

You've probably deduced that the other MFC is my local football (soccer) team and that I think they get praised and purple prose far beyond any link to their reality. That's all I was getting at really.

But the two MFCs are going to get me into trouble. My employer does a lot of business with the other one, and they're usually referred to by their initials. But every time I see them I think "Mika Fan Club". One day, very soon, I'm going to make a complete fool of myself, probably in front of senior management...

But the two MFCs are going to get me into trouble. My employer does a lot of business with the other one, and they're usually referred to by their initials. But every time I see them I think "Mika Fan Club". One day, very soon, I'm going to make a complete fool of myself, probably in front of senior management...

:roftl: I know ... when you type a list of names and find you have substituted "Mika" for "Michael" ... (fortunately spotted before I'd emailed 30 people).

Re comments on private parts - I think you have to remember that there are a lot of youngsters on the forum and they do find such things fascinating and tend to be very direct in their comments.

If you are a new member, I would say you should hang around a bit, maybe read through some back threads, etc, before making smug comments about the need for review. Especially since (considering that it's been less than a year since we had the rule overhaul) your "periodically" seems to mean "when I come on the scene, to accommodate my pov."

Hey! I'm sorry but this is called patronising. I know, for you it was more like giving some instructions.

I actually think shutting down all discussion of this is good, because if we make it a no-go subject, we won't have those people who've seen Fortune and Mika's dad talking about it, and then those who haven't won't have to feel jealous. And honestly, this subject does not come up all that much. People ask, they get told we don't discuss this due to Mika's expressed wishes, most of them shrug and move on.

You made a good point that the best way would be to ignore sick curiosity. But I have seen Christine's reply to someone's curious request and she was describing people although it should have been ignored. And then another from sariflor making compliments to Mika's mom's jewellery (pic from Stella McCartney's pizza house opening party) and I was much like :blink: as I knew that his mom was not a public person then (correct me if I'm mistaken but as much as I understood his mom stepped into public eye only in the end of June?) and I was expecting to see a reaction like "Hey!! what are you doing?? " from people here. But no-one said that.

It's... pretty much part and parcel of any online community, again. Or... any community, really. New members tend to come on, and they don't know any of the history or conventions of the existing community, and if they start barging right on in without taking the time to figure things out, expecting everyone to accommodate their ignorance, of course they'll get some resistance! Especially if their behavior demands that older members have to explain stuff to them that's been hashed over a thousand times and really shouldn't be up to them to explain... of course the older memebers may get a little frustrated, or use that frustration to play jokes on the newer ones.

You are patronising again. .... No, not in any community. Trust me. Unless you have mostly had a poor luck to meet more s*** than good people.

Wait, why haven't people read the guidelines? Isn't the link to the guidelines and FAQ PMed to new members upon joining? In my view, it is then the new members' responsibility to familiarize themselves with the guidelines.

I received the MFC guidelines to my email when I was registering in. Actually I had already read them through much earlier when I saw the link in dcdeb's siggie. I'm not saying that I am a living high standard person, I was curious to get a picture about the place here (as you know there are many other Mika forums too). And I liked the rules of privacy that were put down there and found it be an intelligent way to manage things. /--- /

Therefore, finding out the rules made me evaluate the MFC forum. Now I admit that I was naive then as I thought that people were following these rules...

I think the "climate" or "accepted current thinking" on the MFC goes through swings and roundabouts. I've been on here when it seemed that it was completely allowable for almost anything to be said about Mika's genitalia, and I've also seen people either nudge gently or jump on top of such conversations.

I have noticed same thing you are pointing to. In the beginning it was difficult as I was heavily confused about the rules form one and the reality on the other side. Now I just ignore those posts or amuse myself learning how duplicitous people can be sometimes. MFC website is a little projection of the world with similar goods and bads.

I've never felt rejected as a newbie, and I think we don't patronize on people who ask gently and genuinely. I get irritated, tho, when we explain there's a consensus about certain topics and the new members obviously want to break this consensus and act as if they knew better than the rest of us what's best for this forum. I find it pretty offensive because a lot of hard work has been done to come up with these guidelines, not only by the mods, but all the members who took part to the debate at the time. The same members who've worked for more than a year on making this forum the biggest community of Mika fans ever.

You are just patronising. I respect you Niki, I don't have any reason not to, but at the present moment you are patronising.

And there will always be some people with whom you get along and some you don't, just like RL...but that doesn't make it a pecking order. And some you might really like on here, but might feel differently about if you met in person....the complexities of online written communication! :wink2: (And not all of us are native Englsih speakers either...just adding to the mix!)

You are one smart woman! Hope that's you on the picture you use as your avatar and I didn't insult you calling you a woman. In the internet you can never be sure 100% :roftl:.

Actually, I was just thinking about this some more while washing the dishes (I didn't get much done, cos I'm practically straight back here:naughty:) and maybe I'd describe it more like high school.

Sometimes washing dishes manually is very relaxing *smile*

MFC is not some weird utopian or communist social experiment.

I'd like to hear about your experiences with one *roftl* LOL You are sometimes so funny and sometimes I have a feeling that you are here not only for chatting ... Christine, are you spinning? :naughty:

I'm concerned by these two sentences of yours.

Here are the very first two posts of this thread

You do a great job, dcdeb. My huge respect. *thumb_yello* I 'm sure it was't meant as an accusation towards mods, I think it was meant more generally, mostly as old vs new. It is very easy to misinteprete written text and take it as accusation while discussing of tough issues and when you can't hear a tone of a human voice.

Well, when I asked people who Amy winehouse was, I got a bunch of smart asses telling me she was the queen of england, it was a serious question, we never hear anything about Amy winehouse over here in Canada up until recently.

Welcome to club! I asked FD to give me some guidance about LICM Russian release as I suspect that album was never released originally and the ones that are circulating are pirates. Wanted to check out with FD as he posted the discography list up, but got a very weird response from him. Now I cheer myself up with what Allegra said about his appearance, that explains a lot to me. *smile*

trouser snake

Safely euphemistic :roftl::thumb_yello:

I know ... when you type a list of names and find you have substituted "Mika" for "Michael" ...

Poor you! LOL

I am extremely tired and was not planning on posting here tonight, as I'm sure that I won't make much sense, but I saw this post and wanted to give a quick reply:

You made a good point that the best way would be to ignore sick curiosity. But I have seen Christine's reply to someone's curious request and she was describing people although it should have been ignored. And then another from sariflor making compliments to Mika's mom's jewellery (pic from Stella McCartney's pizza house opening party) and I was much like :blink: as I knew that his mom was not a public person then (correct me if I'm mistaken but as much as I understood his mom stepped into public eye only in the end of June?) and I was expecting to see a reaction like "Hey!! what are you doing?? " from people here. But no-one said that.

The pictures that you're referring to there, that we were commenting on, were not stolen paparazzi shots but posed , public, shots that Mika and his mum voluntarily had taken and splashed over magazines and papers.

In my opinion, that is fair game, and anyone can comment about them. I can't actually remember commenting or what I said, but if you say that I did, then I believe you.

You mention his mum not being in the public eye by then, and I must correct you and say that Mrs P has either "never" been in the public eye, or been there all the time.

Even before Mika got his first hits here, or around the same time, in feb and march 07, she was appearing in official parties and showbiz events with him, and happily having pictures taken by paparazzi.

In addition to this, she went to many public events with Mika and was always there, in public, happy to be there and to be seen and pictured.

Anyway, this is getting long again but I just wanted to clarify this.

I am extremely tired and was not planning on posting here tonight, as I'm sure that I won't make much sense, but I saw this post and wanted to give a quick reply:

The pictures that you're referring to there, that we were commenting on, were not stolen paparazzi shots but posed , public, shots that Mika and his mum voluntarily had taken and splashed over magazines and papers.

In my opinion, that is fair game, and anyone can comment about them. I can't actually remember commenting or what I said, but if you say that I did, then I believe you.

You mention his mum not being in the public eye by then, and I must correct you and say that Mrs P has either "never" been in the public eye, or been there all the time.

Even before Mika got his first hits here, or around the same time, in feb and march 07, she was appearing in official parties and showbiz events with him, and happily having pictures taken by paparazzi.

In addition to this, she went to many public events with Mika and was always there, in public, happy to be there and to be seen and pictured.

She was in the Grace Kelly vid. :naughty:

I know that she appears with Mika in his gigs, concerts, etc. I don't know how much she had voluntarily splashed her pics over magazines and papers, but I do have read warnings (more like requests) from mods not to post pics of his family members besides Mika himself and his sister Yasmine here and I'm pretty sure they didn't mean that their request involved only someone's non-professional shots.

And as far as I have noticed from guidelines and have read from forum Yasmine wasn't a public figure from the beginning either . I remember that I read someone's gig report where the person reported that she had a nice chit-chat with M. mum and had taken a pic with M. sis Yasmine at M&G party @Brixton but since Y. asked not post her pic in forums she didn't. :roftl:

By that time Yasmine had given interviews in TV and got a media coverage during the art exhibition last summer. But in MFC she was still treated like not a public person.

How to be then? Actually, I think that we shouldn't argue about that issue.

EDIT: I think MFC rules should be followed, and by each single person in MFC.

She was in the Grace Kelly vid.

I am aware of that. But since there are many people and she is not "marked out" you can't say that once been in a clip makes a person a public figure.

According to your theory the girls who are in BG vid are public figures, too. :shocked: (Now I need someone who could help me with laugh )

But off to bed now:wink2:

Sarcasm shouldn't be used with someone who is being genuine, and frankly, new to somewhere she didn't know was so heavily abused with sarcasm and bitterness.

Alex, you said perfectly what I've always tried to say about it...

I remember my second day on the MFC. I wanted to post a reply in a thread, and accidentally I created a new thread. I didn't notice, 'cause my eyes were not used to see the difference. The following day, I had more than 20 replies; half of them, saying bad things about me (like 'you're a f*cking perv'), the other half, saying funny things that made me laugh as well. Because now, a year later, I know that what I wrote being a newbie is totally stupid and funny.

I don't think sarcasm works, it has not a good side when it comes to newbies, 'cause I didn't get the sarcastic lines at first being new and naive, and specially because I was not used to read in english. Many newbies nowadays are from foreign countries, don't expect them to know that you're so great because you can say sarcastic things, when they're trying to adapt themselves to this kinda messy place

I remember my second day on the MFC. I wanted to post a reply in a thread, and accidentally I created a new thread. I didn't notice, 'cause my eyes were not used to see the difference. The following day, I had more than 20 replies; half of them, saying bad things about me (like 'you're a f*cking perv'), the other half, saying funny things that made me laugh as well.

sorry totally off topic but,

now you've got me curious about that thread:das:

*goes to find the thread*

EDIT: i found it :lmfao:

hmm interesting...

*goes to watch GK vid again*

:fisch:

We've had this conversation many times as I'm sure Chickadee will tell you. Phrases like "pecking order" and comparing MFC to high school cliques suggest that there is some sort of class system in operation here, that's it's unfair and it should be changed. Some of us disagree with that and I personally don't think it's incumbent upon existing members to act exactly the same way towards everyone in order to make them feel included. You have to find your own place within social groups. It's not other people's responsibility.

Yep, we have had this conversation many times, which is why I mentioned that I thought the high school analogy had been used before. I'm not so sure that the automatic inference from what I said was that I thought it was unfair and should be changed. I'm well aware that this isn't some utopian ideal. I merely observed that it was like high school. There was not necessarily a value on that statement. However the statement that people shouldn't have to act exactly the same way towards everyone in order to make them feel included simply serves to reinforce the observation. Is this simply a matter of semantics then? That you don't like the metaphor I've chosen? (And I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm truly asking. Argumentative was soooo yesterday:bleh:)

MFC website is a little projection of the world with similar goods and bads.

Sometimes washing dishes manually is very relaxing *smile*

It is it's own little microcosm of the world in some ways.

And we don't have a dishwasher in this new house:crybaby:

Someone was talking about certain people having earned respect around here a few posts back and I forgot to MQ it. I was having a discussion a couple of weeks ago with another MFCer and this came up and we were wondering why certain particular people did seem to have particular respect granted to them and it occurred to me that I afforded some people respect because other people I respected seemed to respect them. Bit convoluted, but I hope you get what I mean. And now I can't even remember why I was telling you this... It will come to me later. I'll get back to you.