Introducing Mr. David Whitmey, Mika's new keyboard player

Fmbm

Okay, okay...I should check out some videos to see what BLONDIE is like hehe

Erm....He's blondie? :naughty::roftl:

Ok, seriously and totally objectively, as I said, I don't rate him that much...I'm not saying that he's bad, far from it, as he would obviously not be there if he was bad, but I am just saying (and it was not me saying thism, but rather people who know a lot more about music than I do) that Luke was technically far superior.

Erm....He's blondie? :naughty::roftl:

Ok, seriously and totally objectively, as I said, I don't rate him that much...I'm not saying that he's bad, far from it, as he would obviously not be there if he was bad, but I am just saying (and it was not me saying thism, but rather people who know a lot more about music than I do) that Luke was technically far superior.

Hehe

I see- I mean, I agree with you- if he was crap he wouldn't be there right? I don't know much about music either but the technically superior thing...if someone who knows music says that...then I would believe them because they know what they are talking about right?

Hehe

I see- I mean, I agree with you- if he was crap he wouldn't be there right? I don't know much about music either but the technically superior thing...if someone who knows music says that...then I would believe them because they know what they are talking about right?

Well, that is what I am going by :naughty:. Plus that person knows them both, so I kinda find it a good indicator :thumb_yello:

Boy Band???:roftl:

Sara that comment was too funny. But he LOOKS just like that!!

and in fact, his myspace says:

"Having realised my lifelong dream of working with Take That there really wasnt much left to live for..."

He obviously found a way to move on in his life:mf_rosetinted:

I'd feel really bad if he turned out to be a nice guy, who just took a chance. His connection to Mr. Choi, though, makes this scenario look less likely. I know you can't really judge a person by their looks, but to me that new bloke looks kinda innocent to a point. Maybe he was merely sort of a political football, used by others to carry out their delusional power game. A simple means to an end. (And according to the list of VIPs he apparently has worked for in the past I wonder if he really needed Mika for his ego so badly.) Maybe any other guy would have done for some, who couldn't bear the fact that Luke was and still is so popular. Too bad they couldn't see what this popularity is based on. Crediblity has something to do with it I think, loyalty and a very down-to-earth, normal closeness to the people.

This sort of thing happens everyday a million times in every industry you can think of, let alone politics. It's how things work, sadly. You just rarely have the opportunity to look behind the scenes and it's always the good ones falling by the wayside.

Okay, so I'm watching vids from Paris.

I totally didn't get this from his MySpace pic, but in the vids from Paris, he looks quite a bit like my ex-boyfriend. :shocked::roftl:

Has anyone had the chance to chat him up pre/post-gig yet?

So you think he IS your EX? :shocked:

He's blondie :mf_rosetinted:

So what?:mf_rosetinted:What's wrong with blonde people?

Helllooo Handsomee !!

:roftl:

We don't know the detail, but we know a few things that mean that we can have a good idea of how it *may* have happened.

-Mikey Choi is/was (not sure what the situation is now) the musical director.

-Mikey has a business partner and friend, who happens to know the rest of the band and Mika for a while now, who is David W.

I also found out last night that David had also had some dealings with Luke in the past, and sometimes if Luke got some work that he couldn't do, he would have given it to David (the way musicians often refer eachother to help out and so).

-Luke was let go with little notice and explanation.

-David came in to fill his position.

As you can see, it doesn't paint such a pretty picture, that's all, and that is why I am feeling a bit of a negative vibe towards him. But that is me personally, the way I see things and the way I expect people to conduct themselves. I believe in honour and loyalty, and I feel those values very strongly, hence why I am upset about this Luke thing.

I hope that this explains it better

As for footage of blondie, I have seen some videos of him, not sure of links now but i am sure they are in the reviews thread.

I don't feel mean either, at all. I don't think that I am being mean, if anything, I know of a couple others who should be feeling that.

As for his skills on stage (and this is from a totally objective / void of passion point of view) I really don't rate him too much.

His kb skills seem to lack the drive, heart and passion that Luke had. When he plays, it sounds very...mild, soft, like it lacks the vibe.

Also as a backing singer, to me he looks like a boyband member who's trying too hard to look pretty and like he's "playing the part" by posing the right way, holding the mike like this, tilting his head like that, and his singing is either out of tune, or too strong, or something else, but I don't think it sounds good.

Of course all of the above is *my opinion* and I am not trying to force anyone into sharing it. Each to their own!

Hmm, I see what you mean. I don't know the whole story, but it doesn't sound as if it was fair.

I agree with you he looks a bit like some boybanddude, and he exaggerates a bit sometimes. Although I also find that of Saranayde, but that's another story..

I can't really judge his keyboard talents yet, but from what I've heard, he sounds quite good..

He is soo cute ! where did Mika find all these guys !!!

:roftl:

I don't want to bash him. I'm sure he's lovely...but...

I miss Luke :tears:

I really do wanna bash him, but I'll go kick a wall instead :blink: For now at least :mf_rosetinted:

I'd feel really bad if he turned out to be a nice guy, who just took a chance. His connection to Mr. Choi, though, makes this scenario look less likely. I know you can't really judge a person by their looks, but to me that new bloke looks kinda innocent to a point. Maybe he was merely sort of a political football, used by others to carry out their delusional power game. A simple means to an end. (And according to the list of VIPs he apparently has worked for in the past I wonder if he really needed Mika for his ego so badly.) Maybe any other guy would have done for some, who couldn't bear the fact that Luke was and still is so popular. Too bad they couldn't see what this popularity is based on. Crediblity has something to do with it I think, loyalty and a very down-to-earth, normal closeness to the people.

This sort of thing happens everyday a million times in every industry you can think of, let alone politics. It's how things work, sadly. You just rarely have the opportunity to look behind the scenes and it's always the good ones falling by the wayside.

agree 100% :tears:

Erm...I thought Luke just kinda..left the band...now I'm bit confused...and I've just read that he was fired??? What did Choi do? It's all really new to me...

basically, APPARENTLY (and correct me anyone, if i get something wrong):

Mikey Choi fired Luke, not exactly sure on details.

so yes. Mikey Choi fired Luke. And Mikey CAN do that, considering he's the musical director.

so yes. Mikey Choi fired Luke. And Mikey CAN do that, considering he's the musical director.

Oh my...:shocked: That's...terrible. So it all makes sense now...David is Mikey's friend.... ... .. .

I seriously thought Luke just simply left the band, cos he wanted to concentrate on his own music or something...

Terrible. So I don't get what was Mikey's problem. Luke was a great keyboard player, maybe they did not like each other?

And what's up with Meeks? He has nothing to tell us about it?

I guess I should move to another thread....:boxed:

WOW :boxed: the mikey info is new to me ! ... :boxed:

I sort of wonder whether on David's own MFC thread we should be discussing things that have nothing to do with him actually. Nothing to do with us either.

If you want to discuss if Mikey did anything (and I don't think we can say it yet as definitely as you did Caz) it should go on the Luke thread.

I, for one, don't want to see this thread deteriorating into another Saranayde thread fiasco. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh my...:shocked: That's...terrible. So it all makes sense now...David is Mikey's friend.... ... .. .

I seriously thought Luke just simply left the band, cos he wanted to concentrate on his own music or something...

Terrible. So I don't get what was Mikey's problem. Luke was a great keyboard player, maybe they did not like each other?

And what's up with Meeks? He has nothing to tell us about it?

I guess I should move to another thread....:boxed:

Luke did not leave by his own accord, no, he was actually planning on doing these gigs in the summer and quite excited about them (as you can see from his blogs)