Go To Mikasounds - Blog Updates Thread

Fmbm

Re: New Mikasounds email--I'm glad they're reading the MFC but they need to stop telling us how to feel about these blogs! Ugh! It is so patronizing and presumptuous and disrespectful and annoying.

We don't need to be "assured" that Mika's blogs are not a "flash-in-the-pan" and that he "remains dedicated to communication with fans" or whatever unless there's suddenly a blog drought and they're just trying to let us know it's only temporary. If he's continuing to post on a regular basis, we will see for out selves that this is true!

I suppose one could imagine they were just trying to reach the fans who may have stopped checking the website after the Paris gig or the main European festivals, but then there is no need for the defensive tone! Just say, "hey, there are new blogs, they're exciting, check 'em out."

And the bit about how rare it is to find an artist of Mika's stature who would--out of the goodness of his heart--deign to favor us fans with blogs because he so cares--so, the implication goes, shouldn't we all be oh-so-grateful? Argh, lay off already. Let us decide by ourselves how to receive the blogs, whether we should be grateful or not, and just how rare or not rare we think this is. After all, we're the ones who are possibly following other artists too, of various levels of fame, and we see how different artists communicate, and we don't need to be lectured.

Plus it's not like this point of view is unrepresented here on MFC--we're quite aware of it. We don't need it from Mikasounds. They're Mika's professional PR team; they need to learn how to act professional.

--Jack

I agree, I was a bit "Eurgh :blink:" when I read it ... but - all of them have pretty much been like that. Who ever writes them is just ... bad at advertising :naughty: It would be better if they were more like .. news things. "Mika did this, this and this, wrote a bunch of blogs about it that you can see here, and some vlogs here." Oh well, I pretty much ignore those emails anyway.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, I was a bit "Eurgh :blink:" when I read it ... but - all of them have pretty much been like that. Who ever writes them is just ... bad at advertising :naughty: It would be better if they were more like .. news things. "Mika did this, this and this, wrote a bunch of blogs about it that you can see here, and some vlogs here." Oh well, I pretty much ignore those emails anyway.

Maybe they're playing it up to inspire us to check it out...they just suck at it.:naughty:

I agree, that's why it's annoying. :thumbdown: If it had been just one email like that, but--as you say--they've all been like that, and it gets pretty irritating. Like being constantly talked down to.

I mean, Mika's own blogs and the fact that he keeps doing them is terrific. But god, the online PR team!

It's also weird because I know that he himself is much, much better at stuff like that, and at plugging himself. I guess he must not read the mass-emails, but I wish he would, and would show them how to do it properly. (Unless he rather likes the idea of lecturing us by proxy. :naughty:)

--Jack

Maybe they're playing it up to inspire us to check it out...they just suck at it.

Exactly :naughty:

P.S. Nice signature :naughty:

P.P.S. Nono made the gif, I just wrote all over it :naughty:

I agree, that's why it's annoying. If it had been just one email like that, but--as you say--they've all been like that, and it gets pretty irritating. Like being constantly talked down to.

I mean, Mika's own blogs and the fact that he keeps doing them is terrific. But god, the online PR team!

It's also weird because I know that he himself is much, much better at stuff like that, and at plugging himself. I guess he must not read the mass-emails, but I wish he would, and would show them how to do it properly. (Unless he rather likes the idea of lecturing us by proxy.)

--Jack

Yeah exactly :rolls_eyes: We should comment him with his own crappy spam :fisch:

Or it would be great if it wasn't mandatory to sign up to the emails to do anything on his site, seeing as they never tell us anything we don't already know :doh:

Also, :lmao: to the proxy lecturing.

About the comments disappearing. Are you *sure* that your comments were ever published? When you post a comment you can see it appear below the other comments on your screen, but the comment is not actually published to the page until Mika approves it. From what I can tell he hasn't approved any comments in at least 7 hours.

Thanks Christine, just posted now!

I can't believe I had to leave this morning just seconds before figuring out how to log in. I've been waiting all day to come back and post a comment! :naughty:

About the comments disappearing. Are you *sure* that your comments were ever published? When you post a comment you can see it appear below the other comments on your screen, but the comment is not actually published to the page until Mika approves it. From what I can tell he hasn't approved any comments in at least 7 hours.

So what you are saying is that I'm the only one who can see my comment!?:roftl:

I think I was too happy too soon then?:wink2:

That's maybe that... But it's still strange that the number of comments has been the same for ages...:blink:

Btw, I have posted comments, but I still cannot register. Dunno if that matters...

So does that apply to both, posts by a 'registered' user & a 'non-registered' one? I mean the approving thing..

So what you are saying is that I'm the only one who can see my comment!?:roftl:

I think I was too happy too soon then?:wink2:

What blog did you post in? Is your username Sienna?

That's maybe that... But it's still strange that the number of comments has been the same for ages...:blink:

The number of comments will not change until Mika approves any comments that are waiting for approval.

I was posting for an hour this morning before he came on and started approving my comments. It looks like he hasn't been on line for a long time now.

So does that apply to both, posts by a 'registered' user & a 'non-registered' one? I mean the approving thing..

I don't think it matters. He may turn off the moderation function so he doesn't have to approve any comments but it appears it's still on right now.

What blog did you post in? Is your username Sienna?

The number of comments will not change until Mika approves any comments that are waiting for approval.

I was posting for an hour this morning before he came on and started approving my comments. It looks like he hasn't been on line for a long time now.

I don't think it matters. He may turn off the moderation function so he doesn't have to approve any comments but it appears it's still on right now.

Do you mean Mika reads every single comment?:blink:

I think he did this morning, but he's going to have a hard time keeping up now. :naughty:

I would imagine whoever has been managing his MySpace is going to have to slog through the comments to make sure there is no dodgy content. Otherwise he may just give up and let the comments go straight through like MySpace.

I think he did this morning, but he's going to have a hard time keeping up now. :naughty:

I would imagine whoever has been managing his MySpace is going to have to slog through the comments to make sure there is no dodgy content. Otherwise he may just give up and let the comments go straight through like MySpace.

Yeah, cause for the moment, there aren't TOO MANY comments... But I think they will be more and more pretty soon. Poor Mika:naughty:

Okay I may sound really stupid when asking this but...

if you want to leave a comment, you must fill in all the information right? Because for "website", what do you put if you don't have your own personal website?

And it looks like Mika hasn't been on in a while right? But I was just wondering, when you submit a comment, what happens? Like what does the screen look like or whatever?

I was about to ask the same question :naughty:

Yes for sure it will be :naughty:

Yeah, cause for the moment, there aren't TOO MANY comments... But I think they will be more and more pretty soon. Poor Mika:naughty:

Since he hasn't been on in hours I suspect there are MANY comments waiting in the queue.

if you want to leave a comment, you must fill in all the information right? Because for "website", what do you put if you don't have your own personal website?

And it looks like Mika hasn't been on in a while right? But I was just wondering, when you submit a comment, what happens? Like what does the screen look like or whatever?

I don't think you need to fill out the website info.

This is what happened this morning when I submitted a comment. At this point Mika had not approved it:

blog3.jpg

If you go look at the actual blog now, you'll see that Nono and Mellody posted comments earlier than I did, so once all the comments were published, their comments appeared above mine (unlike the screencap above).

If the comments have not been approved yet, no one will be able to see them but you. You can test it out by opening up another browser to see if the comment appears.

I predicted problems a few hours ago!!! :mf_rosetinted:

Mika strip 3

Marianne, your artwork is really admirable

I'd love to see it again in the yearbook of this year. Last year I loved your drawings :wink2:

I don't think you need to fill out the website info.

This is what happened this morning when I submitted a comment. At this point Mika had not approved it:

blog3.jpg

If you go look at the actual blog now, you'll see that Nono and Mellody posted comments earlier than I did, so once all the comments were published, their comments appeared above mine (unlike the screencap above).

If the comments have not been approved yet, no one will be able to see them but you. You can test it out by opening up another browser to see if the comment appears.

Okay, cool. Thanks so much for your help Christine:thumb_yello:

Well, when I first commented my post (which was only "i hope this works! *prays*" because i didn't know if it was going to work or not LOL) and saw that it had indeed posted, I wrote another comment saying what I really wanted to say to him (i didnt wanna do it in my first post, cos i didnt wanna type it all out then lose it) and when THAT posted, i saw that my previous post was not there. Because Mika deleted it. Which is completely understandable and can't say I blame him cos it was pointless being there LMAO!

Mika has read his comments on MySpace quite recently and there's been proof :fisch:

Man, just checked the website and he really did/does write a lot. Kudos to him for actually sticking with this thing then! That's a pretty hefty commitment to keep up with. (There, Mikasounds people, see we appreciate it, stop lecturing us now plz.)

I kinda wish he would get a livejournal feed/an rss of these though, just so I don't have to add another website for my daily trawl. There's an author I really like, Neil Gaiman, and he blogs something like several times a day, and it's really convenient to have these entries show up on my lj friends list rather than on their own website. Then again, you can't comment on his entries that way, so maybe this is better.

--Jack