• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no idea what are you talking about:mf_rosetinted:

and "i'm falling " in love with that song:fisch:

:naughty:

and also i think i'm not the "only lonely one" who likes rain so much:mf_rosetinted:

my absolute 2 favorites so far:fisch:

and also i think i'm not the "only lonely one" who likes rain so much:mf_rosetinted:

my absolute 2 favorites so far:fisch:

:shocked:where is that pic from in your avatar? i've never seen it before! soo pretty:wub2:

:shocked:where is that pic from in your avatar? i've never seen it before! soo pretty:wub2:

it's a screencap from making of love today video:thumb_yello:

edit:indeed it's pretty:wub2:

Ok not gonna read all of the comments no time but when this was played in Paris it was awsome!

The whole mood of the crowd changed I got goosebumps and felt so emotional...ridiculous really to think that we were bopping about only moments earlier. :wub2:

Not sure if it was because it was new or others felt the same but nobody was talking around us..which I find usually happens with slow songs.

It was just somethingelse that made Paris the most spectacular show it was!

Well done Meeks on yet another amazing song! :thumb_yello:

xx

Yeah it was very emotional moment for both of us... :wub2: Rain is one of the songs I've fallen in love immediately. It's very beautiful and touching song. I really can't wait to hear the cd version of it. :thumb_yello:

• 1 year later...

You know I was NEVER fussed on this song, but I have been listening to the acoustic version and I now really love it, Overrated is still my all time fave, but Rain is quickly becoming up there with my top fave ballads of his. I can hear and feel emotion in the way he sings it on this version much more than I have heard elsewhere.

Edited by sparkly1

I can hear and feel emotion in the way he sings it on this version much more than I have heard elsewhere.

Same here :wub2: Since the bit we heard in the vlog I knew I'm gonna love it! But yes like you say this particular performance (you're talking about the one on the radio, right? :naughty: ) is really special.

Hey!

Just thought I would comment on the album version (it's on Mika's myspace now)

I think he totally made it sound like a techo/disco song..which I hate.

I LOVE the acoustic version though, so amazing..I don't undersant why he put all those nasty useless caomputer sounds under this amazing song.

So basically....I don't like the album version. :huh:

Anyone?

Hey!

Just thought I would comment on the album version (it's on Mika's myspace now)

I think he totally made it sound like a techo/disco song..which I hate.

I LOVE the acoustic version though, so amazing..I don't undersant why he put all those nasty useless caomputer sounds under this amazing song.

So basically....I don't like the album version. :huh:

Anyone?

Boo! I wanna dance to this song in a show or something lol :roftl:

Bit like relax. I can totally imagine dancing to that song.

:biggrin2:

With relax, he didn't computerise those sounds, they're all "real sounds" (that's practically what he said) and I'm guessing he may have done the same for Rain, though I swear there's the sound of thunder THROUGHOUT the song, and not just at the end.

Ok- As time went on, I grew to not like the premiere PdP version the way I did when I stared this thread.

I gained hope from the studio clip he played on that vlog, and on the Songs For Sorrw Tour- LOVED IT!

But I really hate this clip. That repeating falsetto just doesn't sit well. It just goes on and on and on and on and I don't think it sounds good. But maybe if you're having a dance party it won't matter?

i mostly agree with you..

i liked the little snippet of that vlog and loved how he played it on this acoustic tour.. but i'm always in love the most with the very first acoustic version from pdp :wub2:

i like the idea that he turned it into a dance song, but i didn't expect that it was that dance!!

i mean, i like it and i can't wait to dance to it, but from what i've heard till now i prefer the more intimate version.. it always give me goose bumps :blush-anim-cl:

i'm really curious about this song, i can't wait to hear the whole album version to make up my mind!!!! :aah:

Edited by Lil'Violet

i mostly agree with you..

i liked the little snippet of that vlog and loved how he played it on this acoustic tour.. but i'm always in love the most with the very first acoustic version from pdp :wub2:

i like the idea that he turned it into a dance song' date=' but i didn't expect that it was that dance!!

i mean, i like it and i can't wait to dance to it, but from what i've heard till now [b']i prefer the more intimate version..[/b] it always give me goose bumps :blush-anim-cl:

i'm really curious about this song, i can't wait to hear the whole album version to make up my mind!!!! :aah:

Yeah I prefer the intimate version too! I dunno, it's just not enough for me like this....

I guess I'Ll just skip that song on the album...and I realy don't want to do that...I really don't want to feel it, I want to LIKE the song, but I can't.

Ok- As time went on, I grew to not like the premiere PdP version the way I did when I stared this thread.

I gained hope from the studio clip he played on that vlog, and on the Songs For Sorrw Tour- LOVED IT!

But I really hate this clip. That repeating falsetto just doesn't sit well. It just goes on and on and on and on and I don't think it sounds good. But maybe if you're having a dance party it won't matter?

Exactly......just goes on an on, and I feel that it shouldn't be there...I mean...when I'm listenning to a song....I don't want to feel anything that doesn't fit it there..I've never felt this with Mika before.

I won't mind dancing to this song in a club though....the rythm is shouting for dancing...but I will always think of the old version, and how he messed it up. I fell slightly angry lol! :aah:

Boo! I wanna dance to this song in a show or something lol :roftl:

Bit like relax. I can totally imagine dancing to that song.

:biggrin2:

With relax, he didn't computerise those sounds, they're all "real sounds" (that's practically what he said) and I'm guessing he may have done the same for Rain, though I swear there's the sound of thunder THROUGHOUT the song, and not just at the end.

They might be real sounds....lo..but they do not sound like that...I want drums, guitar and stuff like that.....clapping or whatever....these sounds are soo computer-like, and for me totally do not fit the song. relax is a diferent case..I love relax's acoustic version, but relax is amazing on the album too. I am frustrated. I love the thunderstorm part, but not those nasty 'falsettos' playing over and over again..and the whole song is faster. NOOOO! :tears:

lolol...I'm one of the few that loved it way back when. ;)

:thumb_yello:

All in all....I don't want Mika to turn into a disco song artist like Gaga. Yeah, I do loathe trance and progressive and stuff like that. Even though I know Mika could get more famous like that...I don't want it. I want him to be on stage with a piano, and just sing. That's Mika for me.

Not the remix artist. Remixes suck.

Ah and those 'albums' that were on his myspace...all with prgressive stuff...they are ridicouslous, terrible, he scared me to death. :no:

I'm not sure what everyone is referring to with the repeating falsetto in the new version. The whiney repetitive "rain, rain, rain" is exactly what made the original acoustic version so horrendous. :shocked:

It certainly hasn't changed for the worse. The recorded version is smoother and muted. Doesn't sound off pitch. :blink:

I mean that first version literally gave me nightmares. I found myself waking up at 5 am with that chorus reverberating in my brain and I simply refused to listen to it after 2 days because I thought I'd go mad. I don't think I've ever had such a violent reaction to a song in my life. :aah:

I'm not sure what everyone is referring to with the repeating falsetto in the new version. The whiney repetitive "rain, rain, rain" is exactly what made the original acoustic version so horrendous. :shocked:

It certainly hasn't changed for the worse. The recorded version is smoother and muted. Doesn't sound off pitch. :blink:

I mean that first version literally gave me nightmares. I found myself waking up at 5 am with that chorus reverberating in my brain and I simply refused to listen to it after 2 days because I thought I'd go mad. I don't think I've ever had such a violent reaction to a song in my life. :aah:

ROFLMFAO! :lmfao::lmfao:

all in all I agree with you, but apart from the end bit :aah:

I know this is the Rain thread, but since we're talking about computerised sounds, what about Blame It On The Girls? Don't get me wrong, I love both acoustic and album versions, but in the album there's this croaky sound that irritates me a bit, it sounds like a frog! :roftl: does anyone else hear it? :blink:

Yes if anything the acoustic version is more "whiney" so I don't see where you are coming from on this one, sorry.