Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

Thanks, yes it'll always be special to me:wub2:

The strange part is, I can't remember parts of his gig...I see videos on youtube and saying to myself 'dit he really said that?':blink:

That is why I was so desperate to see this DVD.........there was SO much that I couldn't remember!:naughty:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He still did HMDYLM at the January and February 2008 gigs, together with Missionary Man.

Then in the summer he dropped it and changed MM for the new Depeche Mode cover.

I think that every now and then he just feels like changing...Also, if HMDYLM is in the new album, he probably doesn't want to air it too much before that. Not sure if it IS, but if it was to be. :wink2:

so...i've watched the documentary twice (one now) and the show once...and still cannot express all my feelings.:shocked:

everything i saw is so good to me, he can be so communicative and his visions are so powerful...i'm in total awe.:wub2:

i think i can keep paper and pen next to me and write whenever i'm struck by something in particular...yes, i think this can be the solution...provided someone is interested in what i'm going to write!:naughty:

let's take is as self psycho-theraphy!:thumb_yello:

He still did HMDYLM at the January and February 2008 gigs, together with Missionary Man.

Then in the summer he dropped it and changed MM for the new Depeche Mode cover.

I think that every now and then he just feels like changing...Also, if HMDYLM is in the new album, he probably doesn't want to air it too much before that. Not sure if it IS, but if it was to be. :wink2:

I’ve been thinking the same when I missed it the summer gigs.

He really need to put HMDYLM on new record, I love that song so much from the first time I heard it!

I know that many doesn’t share the love but to me it is one of his best, his voice on it….:wub2:

so...i've watched the documentary twice (one now) and the show once...and still cannot express all my feelings.:shocked:

everything i saw is so good to me, he can be so communicative and his visions are so powerful...i'm in total awe.:wub2:

i think i can keep paper and pen next to me and write whenever i'm struck by something in particular...yes, i think this can be the solution...provided someone is interested in what i'm going to write!:naughty:

As I've said before, I'm interested!:thumb_yello:

I wouldn't have minded if it was longer- I could have watched for hours and hours.

A quibble- why the black and white photos in the booklet. Mika, rehearsing in a stadium, broad daylight, normal clothes- not a b/w type of atmosphere at all. Pointless.

Phew! I thought I must be the only one who wanted hours and hours more of the documentary.:naughty::wub2:

I have been trying to work out why watching this DVD makes me feel such intense emotions....I was not there, but I knew lots of you who were, and I knew how much this show meant to Mika, but why do I FEEEEEEEL so much watching it??? Oldling hormones???:naughty:

ya i saw this, but idk how reliable those seller are and if its the right format, im from the USA, because some of the sellers are in the UK. id hate to order it then have it not work!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I JUST ORDERED ONE OF THE THREE LISTED.

I am assuming since it said it is shipped from a USA location,

it will play in the USA!

The source I ordered from said it would ship between Nov. 12--13th!--

They had only ONE!

patience.gif

Edited by A. Clay

Why buy the DVD (even several copies of it) and still download bits of it ?

Because, for some unfathomable reason, the synchronization between image and sound is perfect on utube and crappy on the DVD.

At least that's what happened with the LICM DVD and I don't see why it shouldn't be the same with the PdesP DVD. How can that mysterious phenomenon be explained ? Search me !

I don't have this problems,not on LICM and not on this one.

On some dvd's my sister has the same problem and when she puts them in my dvd player they are OK,maybe it's the dvd player?

uuhhh guys?

i just called the local record store here about the dvd. (i live in texas)

me: "hello, i'm looking to buy a music dvd, and was confused about the release date. are you guys carrying the 'park day prawnce' (heh pronounciation problems) video by mika? it either came out today or on december 16th."

him: "[fricken long pause]

me: "it's m-i-k-a."

him: "well, there are three entries on our database, one released on the 11th, and two released on the 18th. but they have to be imported from the UK.

me: "well, if i'm not mistaken, it was released in the UK yesterday, on the 10th."

him: "we could put in an order for you, but it'd be 40-60 dollars because we'd have to import it. and they have different types of DVDs there, so it probably wouldn't play."

me: [thinks, what a retard] ok, thanks, bye.

WHAT THE *@#$ IS HE TALKING ABOUT??!??!?!?!?!?!

I feel like I've been talking to myself the last few days... :naughty:

I'll say it one more time. :wink2:

According to Mika's management, the physical release of the DVD in the US

will be December 16. On Amazon, you can see the standard version for

preorder -- it says it will be released December 2, but that's not what they

told me. *shrug*

The deluxe version is not available for preorder domestically yet.

I'm pretty sure the copies you're seeing for sale now are

coming from overseas -- that's

why they cost $50. I'm not 100 percent positive, but I doubt that the

deluxe version would cost that much if it were sold here.

Mika's management has contacted us and said that they are trying to

get some copies of the deluxe DVD over here for sale -- that's why I

have the poll up in the other thread, to see what the level of interest

is in the deluxe copy among the North American fans.

So if you're willing to wait a bit, I hope that you'll be able to order the

deluxe version here... and if you don't want the deluxe, you can preorder

the standard version, but I don't think you'll be getting it before

December 16 (December 2 at the earliest). :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

He really need to put HMDYLM on new record, I love that song so much from the first time I heard it!

I know that many doesn’t share the love but to me it is one of his best, his voice on it….:wub2:

I'm interested in what you say too Robertina - and everyone else

but it isn't his coffee maker, is it?

uuhhh guys?

i just called the local record store here about the dvd. (i live in texas)

me: "hello, i'm looking to buy a music dvd, and was confused about the release date. are you guys carrying the 'park day prawnce' (heh pronounciation problems) video by mika? it either came out today or on december 16th."

him: "[fricken long pause]

me: "it's m-i-k-a."

him: "well, there are three entries on our database, one released on the 11th, and two released on the 18th. but they have to be imported from the UK.

me: "well, if i'm not mistaken, it was released in the UK yesterday, on the 10th."

him: "we could put in an order for you, but it'd be 40-60 dollars because we'd have to import it. and they have different types of DVDs there, so it probably wouldn't play."

me: [thinks, what a retard] ok, thanks, bye.

welcome to my world...

:blink:

well, in my world they know Mika very well... they just think I wanted to order another copy of LICM

:blink:

Robi... am very interested in hearing your review... :wub2:

I can't have it because granddad's being a pest!

I was his slave for a day a week before father's day and he said he'd get me the Katie Melua album and I said I'd rather order the PDP DVD and he said he would do that then and then he didn't.

Then I said when are you planning to do that?

Last night he said "I'll see what we can do, we'll get it for you and pre order it and that"

Then this morning he said:

"If you study hard and get good grades in your exams, you can have your DVD."

I said "I won't put up with this! You owe me for being your slave and you've agreed to let me be your slave next weekend and that's a joint worth of at least $30 and I thought you might honour that."

I wouldn't mind, it's just that he said that he would and then he says no, then he says yes then he BLACKMAILS ME!

Or he tried to anyway. He said if I teach him science for the week then he'll order it for me next weekend.

Do you know why it takes so long?

I ordered from Amazon UK and I got LICM incl Erase (I now have 2 copies) within the week.

Can't waaaait!!! :P

AAAH! I'm getting the DVD!!!

See, I said to granddad that I didn't want to be black mailed and so just damn well pay me for my being his slave and I'd make my own money and that it was unfair that I said "I don't care even if I don't get a Christmas present, just make it an early one, I don't want anything else at all, just THIS!" and he said ok, but you have to study all weekend because not only did I work for him for it, I'm also giving up my christmas present AND I'm being blackmailed for it!

and he said "The only reason I said that was because I noticed you were having trouble with a few of your French words. I'm going to get it for you anyway, you should know I'm a soft touch by now!"

But granddad, you said I could have it, then you said I couldn

t then I could...

"Well first I didn't have enough money, then I actually got your christmas present so this is actually extra."

And I found out that I'm actually getting an origional 1930's waistcoat with tails!!!

AND PDP!

YAAAAY!

I don't have this problems,not on LICM and not on this one.

On some dvd's my sister has the same problem and when she puts them in my dvd player they are OK,maybe it's the dvd player?

I wish it were as simple as that but I had thought about it and watched the LICM DVD on several players, friends’ and relatives’, the result was the same. The thing is, some copies are better –or worse- than others (I bought three, I am a bit frantic, but then I am a fan, starts with an ‘f’ too… and come to think of it, so does ‘freak’…).

A friend of mine told me it might be some kind of device to make copying the disk even more difficult. I really don't know.

Anyway, thanks a lot for trying to help.

Cheers,

Id3

eheheheheh thanks sienna...and all the others! but at your own risk my dear....it can be full of praise and love and awe and honey and sugar and....and....a complete absence of critical sense!

Phew! I thought I must be the only one who wanted hours and hours more of the documentary.:naughty::wub2:

I have been trying to work out why watching this DVD makes me feel such intense emotions....I was not there, but I knew lots of you who were, and I knew how much this show meant to Mika, but why do I FEEEEEEEL so much watching it??? Oldling hormones???:naughty:

no...no oldlings hormones anymore please! not for me at least....

i have no hormones left i'm afraid!

he can totally absorb me in his visions and daily life...this is QUITE dangerous i think, cause i feel part of his world and obviously i'm not. i can feel totally merged in his personality and dreams and RL...i don't care about a beautiful face and body anymore, even if i must admit i feel lost in his face, eyes and smile....

he's so familiar to me, and he can go deeper and deeper into my soul....having a walk in my inner self as if he was me, and me him....

Stendhal syndrome, they call it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stendhal_syndrome

yes...you CAN laugh! :naughty:

Edited by robertina

i wanted hours and hours more of the documentary too!

how could you not feel such intense emotions when you watch the dvd, especially the concert, when you see how much this show and the reaction he got from the audience meant to him. it makes you start thinking how much he deserved to have a huge concert like that and all the adoration from the fans:wub2:

plus you can see that the people in the audience were having the time of their lifes and you know that many mfc-ers were there...

how could you not feel intense emotions then!?!

:

Yes, it is superb, isn't it, and he is so intense when he sings it ! But I thought it was supposed to be on his second album anyway. It certainly seems to fit the new mood : not longer a boy growing up but a young man enjoying the delights and facing the fears and hurt of a relationship (ie : Rain).

If you are hooked on HMDYLM, as I am, I highly recommand the Dusseldorf version, when he overcame a burning throat infection to do justice to the song and make the audience happy :bow:. Poignant... :tears:

Very unlikely to be his flat I would say, he is so private... Probably a friend's or collaborator's place, meant to look like his own and start his fans dreaming. A bit complicated ? But then, who said Mika is not ?

No no no, I think you are wrong. That is definitely Mika's flat. How do I know....oh just go through it frame by frame, you will see just enough to be sure it is. :wink2:

No no no, I think you are wrong. That is definitely Mika's flat. How do I know....oh just go through it frame by frame, you will see just enough to be sure it is. :wink2:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

the Queen of all Stalkers!

:naughty:

but we are allowed aren't we?:wink2:

as he lets us in...........:blush-anim-cl: