• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that chewing gum in his mouth... :cool:
yeah :sneaky2:

Aww.. Ella.. Was there greg there also? :wub2:

yes, you can see him at the end of the Ella vid

Thanks Lillipop Monkey for that great review! I'm surprised that thepeople with wristbands might not get into the gig! I thought that was the idea of wristbands! I hope you all get into the gig tonight. Have a grea time!

And yes, it is so exciting to be on that roller coaster again!

I think it depends on the fact that a ticket is for 2 people

Thank you very much Mana for yr nice and detailed report!! :wub2::flowers2:

What a day! :shoc ked:

So Andrew (StandardToaster) and I rented a car this morning, and drove to the hotel where Christine and Zoots14 are staying. We picked them up, had brunch, did a little shopping, and introduced Zoots to the beauty that is Santa Monica State Beach.

Then, we were off to find MIKA!

We got to the park around 4 o'clock. There were about 10 people there, relatively pleasant people who showed us a sign they'd made for Mika. We then went wandering a few blocks up Rodeo Drive to find a toilet, and by the time we got back the line had grown to about 25 or so people.

Us MFCers were standing around in front of the ice cream truck, when this random blond chick comes up and snarkily tells us to get away from the truck because she wants it to be organized. She started going on and on to me about how if we don't move people will mob Mika, and was looking right and me while saying it. Her confrontational attitude kind of caught me off guard, so when she started on some line about how we'll still get tickets if we move away from the truck, I blurted out "oh, we're not worried about getting tickets, we're on a list." :roftl:

It likely came out more elitist-sounding than I meant it to. And frankly, I don't like to send off those "Oh, I'm MFC, I'm better than the average fan" kinid of vibes. But this chick had one hell of a tone in her voice, and more than that, she was confusing me. Both Christine and I asked her if there was any sort of system in place, any kind of organized line up, and she just kept barking at us her mantra about moving. :blink:

So anyway shortly after that we spotted some people from Mika's management, including the gal who had been in contact with dcdeb and StandardToaster about making sure MFC got wristbands. She told us just to stand to the side, away from the main queue, and she'd ensure we got our bands.

So we did just that, standing off to the side behind the main line up while more and more people arrived and the line grew until it was snaking around the park. You can see this in the pic Mika posted on Mikasounds...we're just kind of milling about in a group while the line grows.

Not long after this we saw Andy arrive, and we waved to him. Yasmine was also there, looking like she'd just stepped out of the pages of a magazine. That girl is freaking stunning. Must have good genes or something. :naughty:

Just before 6pm chicky from Mika's management came, grabbed us, and told us we were going to go first to get our wristbands and, yes, free ice cream.

See, here's where things didn't go quite as smoothly as we'd hoped. The first, oh, 35 or so people in line got their wristbands from Mika's managment people, then got ice cream from Random Ice Cream Man. About 15 minutes into the whole thing Mika and Perez arrived, and thus everyone further down the line got their ice cream from those two.

So I'm thinking that Mika's managment wanted to ensure MFC got our wristbands first, which is hugely awesome of them, and I'm so appreciative of the fact that we got our bands first. But I don't see why they needed to start the process of handing out ice cream and wristbands at all until Mika and Perez had arrived. If they'd just waited another 15 minutes, everyone in line (well, apart from those at the end who were cut off) would have gotten their wristband, then had a few seconds to talk to Mika.

But the way it worked out, the most eager people - as in, us MFCers and the other non-MFC fans who were among the first in line - ended up being the ONLY fans who didn't get any face time with Mika, who apart from giving out ice cream was also doing pics and autographs. I even felt bad for the snotty chick who basically told us off at the beginning because, while she'd been snappy with us, she had indeed been waiting there early, and I don't think she got her ice cream from Mika, either. And again, while I'm grateful to have my shiny gold wristband, it's unfortunate that the first 15 minutes of people essentially got shafted in that regard. :tears:

That aside, though, Mika looked freaking amazing, as you can see from those pics. After we'd gotten our wristbands we moved back onto the grassy area to watch the scene. At one point, someone - Chrstine, maybe? Said, "there's Ella." That's when we saw Greg Wells walking the beautiful Ella through the park.

See, Mika was in an ice cream truck ten feet away from me, but when I saw Greg and Ella, my stomach started turning in knots. *blush* I heart them.

They walked by, but a few minutes later Greg was back, so I walked over to him. Ella is a seriously gorgeous dog! Her coat was all shiny, so I'm thinking she'd likely had a bath recently. There were about five of us at that point, and Greg laughed and said "wow, she's the most famous dog around!" I reminded him that most dogs do not, in fact, have their own Twitter stream, and he had to agree.

We also spotted John, who was really sweet to us. He was standing back and watching the scene from a distance, so he was able to talk to us for a few. He was telling us that working with Mika has resulted in "a lot of firsts" for him, this when I asked how many times he'd stood in a park while one of his artists hung out of an ice cream truck handing out ice cream and gig wristbands. Hehe.

He also said he's particularly excited about two songs from the new album, but I didn't want to push my luck and ask for titles. He did suggest, however, that we're likely to hear these songs at the gig. Ayyiiiee! I asked him how long he'd been working in the biz, and he laughed and asked me how old I am. I told him, 24, and he said he's been doing this longer than I've been alive. :roftl:

I'm thinking it would be seriously cool to live a month in John's life. Touring with artists, making things happen, keeping things organized, hitting the ground running, all that stuff.

Anyhow things were winding down, and some guys came buy with pro-looking camera equipment. I'm not sure where they were from, but when they started interviewing Mika they - and he - did so in French. I'd never heard Mika speak French in person before, so even though he wasn't speaking to me directly, it was cool to hear. Ouais! :wub2:

So Mika and Perez crawled out of the ice cream truck, and started walking back across the park. He stood in the middle of the mob for about two minutes, before he started toward his car. He jogged for the first, oh, five steps, but relaxed to a walking pace when it became clear that not many fans were actually going to follow him. It was all relatively low-key, some screamers, some hyper fangurls, but no crazy mob scene.

So now - onto tomorrow! The gig is at the Roxy on Sunset, a 500-ish (!) person venue that Mika actually did a showcase at waaay back in January 2007. In addition to our wristbands we got little flyers, telling us that our wristbands don't guarantee that we will FOR SURE get into the venue; if enough people arrive early and they reach capacity, even people with wristbands could be turned away. So, tomorrow will be a day of queuing in West Hollywood.

Stay tuned, ladies and gents! The Mika rollercoaster is back!

wow, thanks for that! i always love your reports mana. they are the best. almost feels like i am there. almost.

when you get to show mika or yasmine your tattoo, i want to hear exactly what they say! or have you already and i missed it? :blink:

Wow!

I soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wish i could go!!

You have to scroll half a page to get past all the RSVP's!!!

Mum says if the tour/secret gigs come within 30 miles of our house i can go!

I hope everyone who goes has a fab time, and that u get to speak to mika to make up for yesterday

Mega jealous!

Keep up the pics and tweets! (i'm hrbrox btw)

I just briefly scanned this thread and looked at the pics :wub2: Thanks everyone :thumb_yello:

and OMG you get to hear new songs today aaaaaaaah can't wait for videos

I only read bits of what people wrote so I still have 2 questions :blush-anim-cl:

1. Did sariflor make it to the icecream van ?

2. I read something about not queueing before 12 what is it about?

1. Did sariflor make it to the icecream van ?

2. I read something about not queueing before 12 what is it about?

I dont think so? But I'm quite sure she can pick up her ticket at the venue.

I think it just said on the venue site that you can start queuing from 12 :blink:

Do you think they can sleep in LA? I sure couldn't!!!! I'd be so excited!!!!!

me too :naughty: oh and when he does secret gigs in London it's gonna kill me :wink2: I have a really hard time living here in our boring little country again! I so wish I could move to London for good :thumbdown:

me too :naughty: oh and when he does secret gigs in London it's gonna kill me :wink2: I have a really hard time living here in our boring little country again! I so wish I could move to London for good :thumbdown:

There is nothing wrong with your country. I think it is probably the only country in the world where one of the cast of WWRY is called Mika..:naughty:

Also, he once mentioned that he wants to buy a house by a lake... so when he becomes very rich (and willing to avoid taxes) he is more likely to settle near Lake Geneva than near Loch Lomond..

So, have a little patience :naughty:

Just got up feel dreadful, computer slower than a slow thing that is very slow...thought would just check on here see if any news yet but thought doubt it....FRONT PAGE!! OMFG! How gorgeous?????? I feel soooo much better, sure he can't cure my cough but sure can make me smile! :blush-anim-cl::mf_lustslow::wub2:

Thanks guys for cheering a sick chick up sooooo much!

xxx

So , any thoughts on how many songs mika will actually play ? I know he said 2 new songs from the album but was under the impression it would be an exclusive gig of the whole new album ? :blink:

It still could be, really what he said was more like "I really love two of the new songs, and you will hear them tomorrow", not "you'll hear two new songs tomorrow". But if he played the whole new album then we'll (thank you internet and youtube) have heard the whole album, albeit acoustic, before we even have a title let alone release date :blink:

So now - onto tomorrow! The gig is at the Roxy on Sunset, a 500-ish (!) person venue that Mika actually did a showcase at waaay back in January 2007. In addition to our wristbands we got little flyers, telling us that our wristbands don't guarantee that we will FOR SURE get into the venue; if enough people arrive early and they reach capacity, even people with wristbands could be turned away. So, tomorrow will be a day of queuing in West Hollywood.

Stay tuned, ladies and gents! The Mika rollercoaster is back!

Thanks for the ultimate report, Mana! :flowers2:

I'm quite sure YOUR wristbands guarantee you entry -- I wouldn't worry.

But I know you guys will be queuing extra early anyway... so you'll be front row,

center for sure! :naughty:

I will close this thread, I think, and redirect to a "pre-gig chatter" thread

as Oakie Doke suggested :thumb_yello:

GO HERE: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18233

ETA: On second thought... I'll leave this thread open for those who want to continue to talk about last

night's ticket giveaway and comment on the photos... :)

Edited by dcdeb

It still could be, really what he said was more like "I really love two of the new songs, and you will hear them tomorrow", not "you'll hear two new songs tomorrow". But if he played the whole new album then we'll (thank you internet and youtube) have heard the whole album, albeit acoustic, before we even have a title let alone release date :blink:

ahh! I thought i heard something along the lines of 2 songs but obviously got the wrong impression and thought there may just be 2 songs ! :naughty: ... I would love to wait for the album ... but i just cant :boxed: As soon as those babies are on youtube i'll be watching , im just too impatient ! :naughty::wink2:

ahh! I thought i heard something along the lines of 2 songs but obviously got the wrong impression and thought there may just be 2 songs ! :naughty: ... I would love to wait for the album ... but i just cant :boxed:As soon as those babies are on youtube i'll be watching , im just too impatient ! :naughty::wink2:

I'd be right there along side you Caz, but that's why I wonder if they'll

be able to shoot photos and vids at the show tonight... we can hope, I

guess... :blush-anim-cl:

ahh! I thought i heard something along the lines of 2 songs but obviously got the wrong impression and thought there may just be 2 songs ! :naughty: ... I would love to wait for the album ... but i just cant :boxed: As soon as those babies are on youtube i'll be watching , im just too impatient ! :naughty::wink2:

I know right! Actually, I'm not excited enough for how I should be. It definitely hasn't sunk in that we are finally going to hear some real full new songs :shocked: I wish it'd be the whole album, but he must realise we will record the whole thing and then rip the audios and create our own version of his album well before it's suppsed to be released :naughty:

He also said he's particularly excited about two songs from the new album, but I didn't want to push my luck and ask for titles. He did suggest, however, that we're likely to hear these songs at the gig. Ayyiiiee!

If they aren't I might just throw my computer out the window in anger :naughty:

Let's hope they will be able...There are too many of us - impatient ones - out there!!!!

Have the time of your life, Lucky Ones, I sure would.....!!!!!:thumb_yello: