HEE! Do I get a medal? :wub2:

I don't like the picture because it looks like he wasn't ready for it/didn't want it taken.

I've seen plenty of pictures of him looking serious that don't make me feel like I'm looking at a picture that someone didn't want the picture taken. So, I don't think I'm getting that vibe just because he isn't smiling. I get the same vibe from papparrazzi pictures, which is why I never look at them, if I can avoid it. (And I totally can't spell paparazi.)

This is a posed picture to go with a magazine interview...:naughty:...I'm sure that Mika was totally in charge of the decision to put the pic in the article, so I am quite sure that he was ok with the picture. If he had felt the way you describe, I'm sure that he would have requested to have another picture taken.

In fact, I'm sure that they took more than one, and then decided on which one to put there :wink2:.

Christine- get well soon

To clarify (because you got the response for a series of minor irritations, I've no idea who by) - I didn't think you were being patronising about the article.

Since I've been on here, I've often been told things like "when you've been to more Mika concerts you'll know that sound is better in small venues than stadiums" and multiple versions of "when you've been on MFC a bit longer you'll know not to believe everything you read in the papers."

Maybe some people didn't go to concerts before they heard of Mika, but I think the "papers" thing is really an odd thing to say to someone who's not a young teen, yet I've often seen it addressed to older newbies whose posts suggest they're pretty intelligent and who might be assumed to already know.

AHHHHH We have no computer access for a couple of days and we get on the MFC to see THIS. This is so awesome. We cannot wait!!! OMG we are so excited.

Meyer Twins

Great to come back to good news though huh? :thumb_yello::punk:

Christine- get well soon

To clarify (because you got the response for a series of minor irritations, I've no idea who by) - I didn't think you were being patronising about the article.

Since I've been on here, I've often been told things like "when you've been to more Mika concerts you'll know that sound is better in small venues than stadiums" and multiple versions of "when you've been on MFC a bit longer you'll know not to believe everything you read in the papers."

Maybe some people didn't go to concerts before they heard of Mika, but I think the "papers" thing is really an odd thing to say to someone who's not a young teen, yet I've often seen it addressed to older newbies whose posts suggest they're pretty intelligent and who might be assumed to already know.

I don't think it's as much of a patronizing "don't believe everything you read" thing... we all understand that there are often liberties taken with the facts in all forms of media. Although that's true, but as you said we all understand that.

I think what we're talking about is less about the writer and more about Mika. We've learned over time through witnessing a bazillion articles & interviews with Mika that he often contradicts himself and entertains himself by making up explainations about things, particularly when he's being asked a question that he has anwered a million times, or when he doesn't like the interviewer. Maybe that's what people are referring to when they say "when you've been on MFC a bit longer..."

I don't think this was meant in a patronizing way...

Christine- get well soon

Cheers.

Well in my case it was simply a matter of stating the obvious to make the point that I don't think this contradiction necessitates dismissing everything he has to say in the coming months. It was not meant to be an earnest lesson in how to read articles.

I thought you had picked up on Mika's tendency to dance around the truth many, many months ago so my encouraging you to see the sport in it was actually the opposite of a newbie lecture. I expected you were well past the point of disillusionment so you may as well...err...I don't know...enjoy it. :wink2:

Where concerts go I'm afraid you'll probably get those lectures until you've been to some more gigs. And if you've still got the same opinion then you'll just get full on arguments because I think most of MFC is pro-tiny venue. It's amazing how great "the sound" is when Mika is giving you the eye or a high five. :naughty:

Jeeze. I can't even be bothered reading through everyones disapointment in mika and speculation babble about how the songs listed aren't the songs on the EP. you guys are so negitave. stop picking the interveiw to pieces and be happy, for goodnesssake!

Cheers.

Well in my case it was simply a matter of stating the obvious to make the point that I don't think this contradiction necessitates dismissing everything he has to say in the coming months. It was not meant to be an earnest lesson in how to read articles.

I thought you had picked up on Mika's tendency to dance around the truth many, many months ago so my encouraging you to see the sport in it was actually the opposite of a newbie lecture. I expected you were well past the point of disillusionment so you may as well...err...I don't know...enjoy it. :wink2:

Where concerts go I'm afraid you'll probably get those lectures until you've been to some more gigs. And if you've still got the same opinion then you'll just get full on arguments because I think most of MFC is pro-tiny venue. It's amazing how great "the sound" is when Mika is giving you the eye or a high five. :naughty:

But I know the sound's better in small veues- I'm pro small venue- there's no reason to assume I'm not just because I still enjoyed PDP. I've been to loads of small venue concerts- and three stadium gigs over the years and know how much the sound deteriorates- the sound isn't noticeably different because it's a MIKA concert.

If I misunderstood you, I@m sorry. Though I think it was a natural mistake. I am not going to abandon mika and MFC for a couple of remards- which might not even have been said or could have been the interview he fluffed- I once heard myself explaining how having ben born and raised on Tesside affected my outlook then had to add- "though I lived in Cardiff till I was 18!" although I had no intention of lying, I just forgot. BUT... straw in the wind, I'm still a bit dubious.

To use the dancing analagy- and I like the dancing- I'd say he fell on his face here.

Christine- get well soon

If you don't learn to put up with the older fans' patronising attitude -and I am not referring to Christine, who may be a bit blunt at times but never sanctimonious and whose opinion is always interesting :thumb_yello: - you're going to suffer a lot here, love :naughty: !

Either you make fun of it or you just ignore it but I have found that blanking people is the most cruel thing to do. Are you a cruel person :shocked: ?

Cheers,

Id3

This is a posed picture to go with a magazine interview...:naughty:...I'm sure that Mika was totally in charge of the decision to put the pic in the article, so I am quite sure that he was ok with the picture. If he had felt the way you describe, I'm sure that he would have requested to have another picture taken.

In fact, I'm sure that they took more than one, and then decided on which one to put there :wink2:.

So he did decide to look very Lebanese, very dark, very messy, slightly dangerous, a bit unkempt and utterly decadent :confused: ?

Smart of him :thumb_yello: !

Cheers :naughty: ,

Id3

Are we getting closer to tour dates as well? :cheerful_h4h:

Perhaps he's going to give a couple of them -or hint at one or two- next week with his new myspace :wink2: ...

The man does like a bit of drama, doesn't he :lmao: ?

Wonder when he'll realise that his fans may not particularly enjoy being puppets packed up in his toy theatre though :mad: ? Come to think of it he is very likely already aware of the fact, just doesn't give a screw :rolleyes: .

Cheers,

Id3