First 2 I agree, but the last one that new album will contain all the songs on the EP would make no sense commercially. :cool:

Yeah, that is what I meant by it being redundant and making no business sense :thumb_yello:. Until Dilek decided to come and mock me :sneaky2:

:naughty::bleh::roftl:I love you Dilek you know that :naughty:

First 2 I agree, but the last one that new album will contain all the songs on the EP would make no sense commercially. :cool:

well artists release singles and put the same songs in the album.

It's possible. I just know I've read/heard that title somewhere on here :naughty:

You have! I posted about it just now but I think my post has been missed :naughty:.

He definitely mentioned this title - well it was 'Six Songs of Sorrow' actually - absolutely ages ago. There is a thread. I will try to resurrect it from the depths if I can.

You have! I posted about it just now but I think my post has been missed :naughty:.

He definitely mentioned this title - well it was 'Six Songs of Sorrow' actually - absolutely ages ago. There is a thread. I will try to resurrect it from the depths if I can.

Thank you:)

I've never understood releasing more than one single from one album. But it seemed to work for Mika. I don't see anything that we've heard yet as being single material even though I love 3 out of the 4 new ones. And I live in hope of Rain having been changed to remove the caterwauling.

I don't think that it's acoustic in anyone's book :roftl:

Only in M's :roftl:

Here's what I think (all just my own guesses, nothing more):

[

• That the EP won't be acoustic - that it will include the full versions from the vlog
  • That the four tracks mentioned are the ones from the EP
  • That the full album in September will contain all new tracks
  • And - that this EP will be the best selling EP in at least ten years

i agree with the first 3 :thumb_yello:

Mika- 24Nov08- I'm back

My sister DaWack and I are working on a pretty massive project. This will come out just before the album and involves music and book of art. I can’t say too much as the details change every day but I can say that it will be coinciding with an short acoustic tour that I am planning to do in small beautiful theaters around the world.

So is this it?

Ooooh Six?? So the stingy lil fecker is shortchanging us 2 tracks then? :roftl:

Wasn't it in the Daily Mail article that Freddie posted absolutely ages ago?

He was supposed to release an EP with 6 songs...

Exclusive - Mika's Second Coming

A new EP this month and album in September aim to reveal the pop peacock's bleak side. But there is still room for sex-crazed furry animals....

Mika is preparing the follow-up to 2007's platinum-selling Life In Cartoon Motion, promising a "coming-of-age" album that marries eclectic, flamboyant pop with "dark" lyrical themes. As yet untitled, it's scheduled for release in September and will be prepared with a four track EP.

"The first record dealt with childhood", he says between sessions in Rocket Carousel Studios in Los Angeles. "This time I decided to age the world and characters I'd been writing about by 10 years. I wanted this record to sound like how I felt when I was 16 to 17 - sometimes it sounds big and out of control, other times it feels like a comfortable hug".

Having finished his world tour with a show in Lebanon, the singer songwriter began work on the album in London's Olympic Studios in June 2008, and began sketching a selection of "bleak fairy tales", some of which will be released on 25th May as the Songs For Sorrow EP.

New EP on 25th May:shocked:

Great news!!!!:thumb_yello:

Thank you Freddy:thumb_yello:

Mika- 24Nov08- I'm back

So is this it?

yup!

turns out, by acoustic gig he means "normal gigs in small venues"

and by massive project he means a "4 song EP with some drawings"

he just loves to exaggerate doesn't he:naughty:

Its mentioned here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=335794&highlight=%27Six+Songs+Sorrow%27#post335794

:roftl: Well done, you just beat me to it, you two!!

And...wasn't it in a video interview where he actually mentioned the Six Songs of Sorrow title???

I am not attempting to find that...sorry, my brain will explode!

:roftl: Well done, you just beat me to it, you two!!

And...wasn't it in a video interview where he actually mentioned the Six Songs of Sorrow title???

I am not attempting to find that...sorry, my brain will explode!

I would most definitely remember if I had seen it so he either didn't say it or I didn't see it - if the latter it must have been an interview in the second half of last year or early this year

I would most definitely remember if I had seen it so he either didn't say it or I didn't see it - if the latter it must have been an interview in the second half of last year or early this year

I am 100% certain he said it. But I can't remember when, or where.