Excuse me... Might have missed something.. why is everybody talking about acoustic things?

The EP will obviously be with a normal songs, instruments..etc

The tour could be acoustic but the article talks about summer festivals...

so I am :confused:

everybody talks about that cause he always talked about an acoustic tour. so we wrongly assumed the EP would be so. and I'm glad if it's not, personally. :wink2:

I sense the festivals would not be acoustic versions (how could he..? :blink:) and he may keep the a. version for testing reaction to album in the 1st moments with long term fans, like he did in LA and he announed he'd do again across the world. :thumb_yello:

may i ask you how many times you spent your money to listen the exact same songs on his gigs and the DVD's you bought with the same songs in them:fisch:

he'll do it cuz he knows we'll buy them all anyway:roftl: he'll add some "exclusive" pics and we'll go for itlol!

Well, yes, I have bought all his versions of LICM and promo stuff and singles, and gone to more gigs than pyjama's I have :roftl:, etc, etc, etc... but I meant from HIS perspective, as a business decision, to release the same stuff twice in such a short period of time (if this is gonna be the case, of course, which we don't know) :wink2:

Excuse me... Might have missed something.. why is everybody talking about acoustic things?

We just got confused Suzie, you're right. There is no mention of acousticness in the EP at all hahahahha. So typical :roftl:

Wow, this is so exciting! :boing::groovy::wub2:

Thanks so much for posting this FD! :flowers2:

Why does "Songs of Sorrow" sound so familiar? Did he mention the title a long time ago or something? Help a sista out :naughty:

I agree:thumb_yello: I'd like this not to be acoustic and I don't think it'll be acoustic.

The article doesn't say it's acoustic either.

Precisely! Just because he is doing an 'acoustic' tour doesn't mean the EP will be acoustic and I don't think it will be.

He might do some acoustic sets at the Festivals. On smaller stages. I don't know!

Still so many known unknowns, as Donald Rumsfeld might say. :bleh:

EP in 4 weeks? Great!!

Acoustic tour? Amazing!

Album in September? Not so great for me, the only month I'm away..

And he worked with The Killers' producer! I love Day&Age and I love the new Rain. Stuart is a good producer.. :naughty:

Thank you for posting this Freddie.

While we're on the subject of his "acoustic" tour, I hope that Mika revisits his notion of what constitutes acoustic, and plays a real piano and not all those drums and bits on his acoustic tour this summer :naughty:. Coz shows like LA ain't acoustic :roftl:

I think acoustic has taken on a new meaning of late - and in Mikaland. It's more of a synonym for how the music is played at a smaller venue :roftl:

everybody talks about that cause he always talked about an acoustic tour. so we wrongly assumed the EP would be so. and I'm glad if it's not, personally. :wink2:

I see... so it's partly my fault then, since I was one of the firsts to say there might be an acoustic EP... That's how facts and ficton get mixed here... :biggrin2:

I think acoustic has taken on a new meaning of late - and in Mikaland. It's more of a synonym for how the music is played at a smaller venue :roftl:

Yes, He seems to have missed some lectures at the Royal College of Music. One was the meaning of acoustic, the other one was on the Barber of Serville :biggrin2:

Oooh yay-ness!!!! :woot_jump:

Tour dates...wohoo!! :punk:

the title of the EP struck me- Songs for Sorrow.... it immediately reminded me of a poet we studied at school, Gerard Manley Hopkins, who had six poems collectively titled The Terrible Sonnets because they were about when he was depressed...really wonderful poetry, but very dark. I wonder if Mika knows of him...

Well, yes, I have bought all his versions of LICM and promo stuff and singles, and gone to more gigs than pyjama's I have :roftl:, etc, etc, etc... but I meant from HIS perspective, as a business decision, to release the same stuff twice in such a short period of time (if this is gonna be the case, of course, which we don't know) :wink2:

We just got confused Suzie, you're right. There is no mention of acousticness in the EP at all hahahahha. So typical :roftl:

:lmfao:

Dunno why's everyone talking about this acoustic thing then whatsoever.

someone mentioned acoustic EP and i quoted/replied it straight away how typical:roftl:

so it's acoustic gig and (normal)EP then. hmmm sounds gooood!

Here's what I think (all just my own guesses, nothing more):

• That the EP won't be acoustic - that it will include the full versions from the vlog
  • That the four tracks mentioned are the ones from the EP
  • That the full album in September will contain all new tracks

And - that this EP will be the best selling EP in at least ten years. :wub2:

Exactly :thumb_yello:

Dunno why's everyone talking about this acoustic thing then whatsoever.

The acoustic tour? *shrugs shoulders* :naughty:

Why does "Songs of Sorrow" sound so familiar? Did he mention the title a long time ago or something? Help a sista out :naughty:

I don't know. :blink: But I know it reminded me of that Simon & Garfunkle song (title), "Sounds of Silence". :roftl:

Wow, this is so exciting! :boing::groovy::wub2:

Thanks so much for posting this FD! :flowers2:

Yeah he did! AGES ago :blink:

There is a thread somewhere..a really old one!

My theory goes like this : This name was posted as one of our pretend song titles, and Mika read it and liked the sound of it so now it's the EP title :naughty:.

You're spot om there: I think that anything small ish he considers "acoustic".

A proper acoustic set was what he did at the Fiat London Eye gig :wub2::wub2::wub2:. That was bloody amazing and that Relax....I would DIE to hear it again.

Wow!!!! wow wow wow is all i can say.

SO soon! We don't even have to wait anxiously for all that long, although i imagine it will seem like much longer!

A tour this summer for sure?!! ohh dear, I can't contain myself... this is ridiculously amazing!

All of the songs sound amazing and this album is in my age range so i'm hoping to feel the connection - perhaps even more(is that possible?!) now!?

Yay!! whoever said "no news is good news" was a filthy liar! haha :bleh:

My theory goes like this : This name was posted as one of our pretend song titles, and Mika read it and liked the sound of it so now it's the EP title :naughty:.

It's possible. I just know I've read/heard that title somewhere on here :naughty:

• That the EP won't be acoustic - that it will include the full versions from the vlog

I stupidly had not considered that possibility :wink2: But yeah, why not?

First 2 I agree, but the last one that new album will contain all the songs on the EP would make no sense commercially. :cool:

the word "sorrow" is in Blue Eyes lyrics if that helps:wink2: it reminded me of that song when i first read it.

yes,whatever he did in LA was so not "acoustic" in my book.