Of course, I always believed him about the EP mf_rosetinted

Such exciting news, thanks Freds for transcribing all that!

We Are Golden..aha! that must be the 'not give it all up when you're young and you want some!" song!! A Pink Floyd groove? That sounds absolutely awesome in theory at least! :groovy:

Wow I haven't been this excited since January 2007 :naughty:

:lmfao: me too :mf_rosetinted:

and yes! i think that's it!

Blue Eyes and Good Gone Girl are missing then?

need to wait till september?:blink:

but a new one...and the new rain!:wub2:

i can't wait to hear new rain!!!

:roftl:not even close! you got sheets, blankets, tv's, alarm clocks, it just goes on and on!:naughty: *gasp* we should send mika a bunch of disney eggs!:roftl:

Oh No!!

Laura I just had a brainstorm for our present to Mika. Call me and we will discuss!:naughty:

From what I understand, this will be an EP and not a full album?

So there was my moment of sheer stupidity for the day. I read this:

Having finished his world tour with a show in Lebanon,the singer songwriter began work on the album in London's Olympic Studios in June 2008, and began sketching a selection of "bleak fairy tales", some of which will be released on 25th May as the Songs For Sorrow EP.

over again and understood this time. :aah:

Of course, I always believed him about the EP :mf_rosetinted:

Such exciting news, thanks Freds for transcribing all that!

We Are Golden..aha! that must be the 'not give it all up when you're young and you want some!" song!! A Pink Floyd groove? That sounds absolutely awesome in theory at least! :groovy:

Wow I haven't been this excited since January 2007 :naughty:

Why does this song sound naughtier by the minute? :roftl::fisch:

Songs for sorry??????

Is he sorry not to release the album now so this EP is just to appologise???

That must be the weirdest title i have seen in my whole life...

And does We are golden have something to do with Albert The Golden Donkey???

I am confuzzled now...

But thank you FD for bringing so much info today :)

Blame It On The Girls

This sounds like No Doubt.It's about a wealthy,handsome boy who has everything,yet pretends to be miserable.

We are Golden

It's big sounding and aggressive,but in a good way.It's got a gospel choir on it and a kids choir,but unlike the first record,they are not singing sweetly,they're screaming on top of their lungs.

Rain

This is an unapologetic 80's pop record,I bumped into producer Stuart Prince while he was working with the Killers at Olympic Studious.He helped me program this.It reminded him of ABBA and Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Toy Boy

This has a full orchestra,like a Disney soundtrack,but the lyrics are intense and dark.Toy Boy is full of twiddling flutes and lush strings,but the melody is very mechanic,like a music box

Awesome !!! im thinking critics maybe much more impressed by this album !!! :biggrin2::yay:

:mf_lustslow::wub2:

this is going to be f*cking amazing :punk:

thanks so much for the info!

Blame It On The Girls

This sounds like No Doubt.It's about a wealthy,handsome boy who has everything,yet pretends to be miserable.

We are Golden

It's big sounding and aggressive,but in a good way.It's got a gospel choir on it and a kids choir,but unlike the first record,they are not singing sweetly,they're screaming on top of their lungs.

Rain

This is an unapologetic 80's pop record,I bumped into producer Stuart Prince while he was working with the Killers at Olympic Studious.He helped me program this.It reminded him of ABBA and Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Toy Boy

This has a full orchestra,like a Disney soundtrack,but the lyrics are intense and dark.Toy Boy is full of twiddling flutes and lush strings,but the melody is very mechanic,like a music box

Awesome !!! im thinking critics maybe much more impressed by this album !!! :biggrin2::yay:

WOW Cheers Caz.

I can die happy now:naughty:

Disney might not, but I have some land in Patagonia :naughty:

A tour of MFCers property then?

I have some of that stuff. Sure as hell don't own the eggs though. :naughty:

i wonder if they're any good:boxed::naughty:

i'm becoming more confused by the moment,.....

wait if this is the JUNE issue, why would they be talking about the NEW EP if it comes out at the end of MAY?:boxed:

Blame It On The Girls

We are Golden

Rain

Toy Boy

Awesome !!! im thinking critics maybe much more impressed by this album !!! ::

I cannot be more glad of the choice!! dunno like everyone else, 2 of the songs, but toy boy is sorta growing on me and rain is.. :wub2:

thx for posting.

Ok, seriously, I'm not being funny, but I really don't get it, honestly

How is this going to change the fact that you didnt' like the new songs, and how can this article be more "good news" than the actual songs? :blink: I know that we were discussing it on another thread but as you posted here I thoght I'd ask:

yes, I didn't like the new songs, I'd lie if I said so.

toy boy's growing on me lately. this is the one whose lyrics I have read 3/4 through with enthusiasm when they first appreared on forum, and then let me down remarkably. when i heard the melody, still in acoustic version, I found it plan and repetitive. now I 'm liking it a bit more.

the other 3 songs from the LA show I have heard, I don't like and I don't miss them in the EP, sorry if I say so.

I'm more than ready to change my mind, it'd not be the 1st time, when I hear them live and possibly in a more refined version. I state my honest pov at the present time.

though, I do care about him, even if I feel let down for some reasons (not least the songs, from my humble personal pov). I'd not spend here this amount of time and energy, if I didn't. AND I'd not been feeling so bad about it, if I didn't care about him: I'd just walk away.

so new songs, IS grand news for me and I look forward to know more about his novelties. end of the story.

Blue Eyes and Good Gone Girl are missing then?

need to wait till september?:

but a new one...and the new rain:

not in RL :mf_rosetinted: but in internet life is more than welcome :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

wait if this is the JUNE issue, why would they be talking about the NEW EP if it comes out at the end of MAY?:boxed:

Don't magazines come out a month before the cover month? For example, a May issue would come out in April..?

WOW Cheers Caz.

I can die happy now:naughty:

A tour of MFCers property then?

:mf_lustslow::wub2:

this is going to be f*cking amazing :punk:

thanks so much for the info!

:roftl: It was Fred who updated the song info on the front page , but no probs ! :naughty:

I just forgot to quote him , and instead copied and pasted through excitement ... i think :mf_lustslow:

You're not the only lonely confused one :naughty:. I can't understand anything. If this IS an acoustic EP, then why are these (clearly non acoustic, with full orchestras and whatnot) songs on it?

And if they are in the EP, does it mean that they are not in the album?? I just don't get anything :roftl: