Dark Side of The M...ika?:naughty:

:naughty:

Nice one Robi.

Thanks Fred.......................this is AWESOME.

I LOVE the idea that we are going to start hearing Mika on the radio again soon, soon ,SOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN:wub2::shocked:

Not to mention seeing him of course:naughty:

So, I just put a star in my diary 25th May is a bank holiday in the UK, my payday and my niece's wedding. But more importantly, a new release. Way hey!!!

Despite the despondant lyrics,Mika's music remains decidely flamboyant,inspired as it is by Disney soundtracks,50's country starlet Patti Page and the hefty pop anthems of 80's artists such as Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

"I wanted to make an unshamed pop record",he says "I became obsessed with Disney soundtracks from the 50's,so I decided to make my own".

Mika moved into rocket Carousel in September 2008, turning an album's worth of demos into a polished tracks with Life In Cartoon Motion producer Greg Wells.The duo clearly had grand designs:Blame It On The Girls has cubian pianos and a swaggering,hip-hop production,while We Are Golden Bolts the Andrae Crouch (wgo sang Madonna's Like A Prayer) to a Pink Floyd inspired groove.

With a world tour planned to promote Songs For Sorrow EP this Summer and a number of festivals appearances already pencilled in,2009 looks to be another busy year.However,the gimmicks and dancing bears that marked his first world tour are due for an overhaul.

"People thought I was putting on a kid's show",he says."But really, the animals were inspired by a sexual craze called plushing - people getting dressed up in furry animal costumes and having sex with one another.My animals came on stage,hung out and started drinking.Then they had an orgy.But I dont care whether people get it or not.Im a marmite artist - people love me or hate me".

Can't say I'm sorry to lose the plushing.

And all this looks pretty advanced for someone who rushed back to the studio to record more and make changes only 2 weeks ago.

Still it's gonna be great :-)

thanks a whole lot, fred!! :punk::wub2:

what are the other 3 new songs titles..? cannot wait! :biggrin2:

are there pics..? scans? pretty pls..? :wub2:

the article's perfect. I'd have just done without the tag line of the marmit (see the above coherence thingie), but it'd have been just overperfect: he likes me to dislike him a bit. it's a tradition between us. :mf_rosetinted::wub2:

hopefully b/c he's obsessed w/ disney he'll go to florida!

YES! I'll be happy to be his Disney World Tour Guide! :roll1:

Heck yes!!!

We can all hang out in Cinderellas Castle:naughty:

:biggrin2:

363802764_1775afcd91.jpg