MIKA @ Sadlers Wells | London, UNITED KINGDOM - Reserved Seating No Queueing

dcdeb

Incredibly... I was expecting doubtful looks etc but actually she just acted like I was meeting up with friends!

Well so you are! The first few minutes can be a bit strange, but before you know it you are chatting like you do on the forum.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so you are! The first few minutes can be a bit strange, but before you know it you are chatting like you do on the forum.

God...............NO:shocked: her mom would disapprove then:naughty:

you were at the hammersmith gig???

My one and only Mika gig so far ... I wasn't very talkative ... I only spoke to Kath and Carri I think .... I shall make more of an effort this time .... I was still pretty tongue tied even at the MFC party lol

:aah:

It sucks being shy :thumbdown:

HA HA! I was spot on...she's exactly my age. :roftl: I bet she is cool!!!:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Who cares? It's all about good fun! She's 38.

I may portray her as a monster but she's really kind! xD

I'm 150cm! Ha:roftl: You're pretty tiny though! xD

Mwahaha :roftl: I bet I'll end up singing along aswell...

Bet my mom won't as she can never remember the lyrics well:lmfao:

My one and only Mika gig so far ... I wasn't very talkative ... I only spoke to Kath and Carri I think .... I shall make more of an effort this time .... I was still pretty tongue tied even at the MFC party lol

:aah:

It sucks being shy :thumbdown:

Aww bless :huglove: my friend I'm bringing is a bit shy lol. I'm quite a happy and smiley person and tend to treat new people like I've known them for years. I'll probably run up to everyone and give 'em an individual hug :roftl:

I hope so.. Usually I'm really shy around people I don't know well, but if I do chat like I do in the forum it will be insane:roftl:

God...............NO:shocked her mom would disapprove then:naughty:

:lmfao:so right!

HA HA! I was spot on...she's exactly my age. :roftl: I bet she is cool!!!:mf_rosetinted:

Ha, see?:teehee:

She's the coolest mom I could ever ask.. Really:aah:

You'll all meet her ^^

I'm so anxious:aah:

This is all so new for me...:naughty:

I don't even know IF I'll talk to you:roftl: It just seems too much at the mo, everyone knowing each other, so many people... Being the youngest there:aah:

I know I shouldn't be expressing that here... But I have to:roftl:

Like this? :naughty:

I love that! You're all freakin' superstars. I may ask for autographs. :mf_rosetinted:

It sucks being shy

I'm so anxious

This is all so new for me...

I don't even know IF I'll talk to you:roftl: It just seems too much at the mo, everyone knowing each other, so many people... Being the youngest there:aah:

I know I shouldn't be expressing that here... But I have to:roftl:

Maybe we should play some of those ice breaker games to help with shyness. Did anyone ever do that at summer camps?

Like the "Never have I ever" game. People stand in a circle, and each hold up ten fingers. Then the first person says "never have I ever"...followed by something they've never done. For example, I could say "Never have I ever been to Newcastle." Everyone who HAS been to Newcastle would lower one of their fingers. Then the next person says a "never have I ever." The goal is to be the person remaining with at least one finger up.

It sounds ridiculous, but it's a lot of fun. :roftl:

I love that! You're all freakin' superstars. I may ask for autographs. :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe we should play some of those ice breaker games to help with shyness. Did anyone ever do that at summer camps?

Like the "Never have I ever" game. People stand in a circle, and each hold up ten fingers. Then the first person says "never have I ever"...followed by something they've never done. For example, I could say "Never have I ever been to Newcastle." Everyone who HAS been to Newcastle would lower one of their fingers. Then the next person says a "never have I ever." The goal is to be the person remaining with at least one finger up.

It sounds ridiculous, but it's a lot of fun. :roftl:

Awww haha it sounds ridiculous but it'd help and you know ridiculous is great!

And it sounds so funny:roftl:

I'm just afraid I don't find you guys and I end up alone with my mom or something:roftl: And then if there's a M&G I don't get to go, etc etc... Maybe I'm making a fuss about it but I'm so anxious and when I'm anxious I tend to look at what I'm scared of or what's the worst:roftl:

Btw, that codes thing... We bring the code given to us to the gig? How is the code given to us? e-mail?

And BTW... Will there be a M&G?

I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but we're so many and I wonder if there's going to be one with so many people from the MFC going plus more.

I've just trawled my way through the list of peeps coming and can't believe the concentration of long term MFCr's on it!! It's going to be sometihng else in that small venue! I agree with everyone else that's said it that the lack of a need to queue should help us all be less stressed and tired and therefore less likely to get upset with each other. United in the feeling of "OMG, how long has it been?????" :wub2:

I am getting sooooo excited now! :mf_lustslow:

As for others who've noted how nervous they'll be...Jo and I are really shy too so do be thinking that everyone there will be all loud and matey with everyone else....there will be plenty of opportunities to mingle with a few people that you gravitate towards without it having to be a big sheeebang!!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Has anyone discussed the dress code?? haven't had chance to read through yet.

And BTW... Will there be a M&G?

I know I'm getting a bit ahead of myself, but we're so many and I wonder if there's going to be one with so many people from the MFC going plus more.

Carlota - take a deep breath and count to ten. You are going to a special Mika gig. If anything else happens, it happens. Stop stressing.

I've just trawled my way through the list of peeps coming and can't believe the concentration of long term MFCr's on it!! It's going to be sometihng else in that small venue! I agree with everyone else that's said it that the lack of a need to queue should help us all be less stressed and tired and therefore less likely to get upset with each other. United in the feeling of "OMG, how long has it been?????" :wub2:

I am getting sooooo excited now! :mf_lustslow:

As for others who've noted how nervous they'll be...Jo and I are really shy too so do be thinking that everyone there will be all loud and matey with everyone else....there will be plenty of opportunities to mingle with a few people that you gravitate towards without it having to be a big sheeebang!!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Has anyone discussed the dress code?? haven't had chance to read through yet.

We are dressing posh, I believe

Carlota - take a deep breath and count to ten. You are going to a special Mika gig. If anything else happens, it happens. Stop stressing.

*breathes*

I'll try to stop now.:naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Posh eh??! :naughty:

When I went to my first gig had no clue whothe MFC were (didn't really know who Mika was either!) but got talking to loads of people! Like Liz said you don't have to be loud or majorly out-going, just be you! Be as involved as you are comfortable with, there's no pressure.

Don't worry about not finding us, as a group we are generally pretty hard to miss! I don't know if I'll be at the meet and greet yet but I'll be sure to introduce myself at the gig.

Liz- where you staying? What day you travelling?

well

as i feel partly responsible about that elegant dressing up thing, i'd like to say that i'd like myself to dress up a bit, i'm not expecting anyone to be bothered to do the same.

what i mean is that i presume mika himself is dressing up a bit, he mentioned picking up special clothes for his upcoming shows, so maybe he'll not jump around his ass in skinny jeans and drawn t-shirts.

so i hope he will dress up a bit, but he might also not, and make us feel as dicks! :sneaky2:

the other reason is the kind of venues we are going to. i've seen pictures, and i'd feel more comfortable if i left my jeans and t-shirts at home, and dress accordingly. Without exceeding though.

i'm not a fashion person AT ALL. My wardrobe is full of common cheap things which i wear in turn until they're worn out. and, above this, i've grown fatter, so there's nothing at all i can wear. so i'll have to buy something.

but i want to do it, as a sort of paying homage to mika and his art and his amazing idea of acoustic tour.