i couldn't post anything yesterday. i was in shock and i kept denying the fact that he was gone.

it's so sad. i grew up listening to MJ. it was the only pop music that has ever been played at home.

he truly thrilled my childhood. i remember dancing with my whole family on his songs.

yesterday morning i woke up to go to my exam, put my headphones on to listen to some music and i started dancing around on the songs of jackson5.

then when i came to school i found out the news.... it made me so sad i even cried.

michael jackson was the god of my childhood and probably the god of music.

i remember when i was little i had stickers with MJ all over, and had a hat like one of his.

HE WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!

R.I.P MICHAEL!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sad.. I haven't been a huge fan of him but now I really regret it couse I was searching for his songs and I didn't know all of them.. I mean I knew the songs but havent had an idea that they are his.. :tears: And I realized that there wont be a chance for me to be his fan when he is alive, no more waiting for new songs.. :tears: no chances to see him live.. :tears:

Now.. I'm listening this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwMand PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I STOP CRYING? :huh:

You will be missed M.J. :huglove:

I'm so sad.. I haven't been a huge fan of him but now I really regret it couse I was searching for his songs and I didn't know all of them.. I mean I knew the songs but havent had an idea that they are his.. :tears: And I realized that there wont be a chance for me to be his fan when he is alive, no more waiting for new songs.. :tears: no chances to see him live.. :tears:

Now.. I'm listening this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwMand PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I STOP CRYING? :huh:

I have the original 12" and 7" records to that song :thumb_yello:

Love it :wub2:

It really hasn't sunk in yet properly. I suppose maybe it's because I think of him as a character, rather than as a real person. The same with most musicians I love.

A character - like a cartoon character: they don't really exsist, they aren't real but at the same time they're there and they are real (If I'm making sense at all - I sound like a crazy person =S )

It really hasn't sunk in yet properly. I suppose maybe it's because I think of him as a character, rather than as a real person. The same with most musicians I love.

A character - like a cartoon character: they don't really exsist, they aren't real but at the same time they're there and they are real (If I'm making sense at all - I sound like a crazy person =S )

I feel the same way, even though I know they're all mostly normal people!

I've just seen the Bad video on Mtv. I still remember well when I saw that video for the first time. I was young, it was the first time it was shown on the Italian television. It was a Saturday night. I was in the kitchen with my mum.

:sad:

:tears:

'Thriller' Inmates Stage

Jackson Tribute

Updated: Saturday, 27 Jun 2009, 10:19 AM EDT

Published : Saturday, 27 Jun 2009, 10:04 AM EDT

CEBU, Philippines - Their prison yard rendition of the dance number from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video made them Internet sensations. Now, about 1,500 inmates are reprising their moves in a final tribute to the king of pop.

After being told of Jackson's death, they practiced for nine hours last night and into the early morning hours, swaying and stomping like the Zombie dancers in the original.

Then, they performed for a crowd of about 700 locals and foreign tourists, who watched the orange-clad inmates from a second floor corridor above the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center's exercise yard.

The prison first recorded the routine two years ago and it became a big hit on YouTube, attracting more than 24 million hits. They've since posted more than a dozen inmate dance numbers.

A security consultant came up with the idea of adding synchronized dancing to encourage inmates to participate in otherwise poorly attended exercise sessions.

Edited by A. Clay

'Thriller' Inmates Stage

Jackson Tribute

Updated: Saturday, 27 Jun 2009, 10:19 AM EDT

Published : Saturday, 27 Jun 2009, 10:04 AM EDT

CEBU, Philippines - Their prison yard rendition of the dance number from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video made them Internet sensations. Now, about 1,500 inmates are reprising their moves in a final tribute to the king of pop.

After being told of Jackson's death, they practiced for nine hours last night and into the early morning hours, swaying and stomping like the Zombie dancers in the original.

Then, they performed for a crowd of about 700 locals and foreign tourists, who watched the orange-clad inmates from a second floor corridor above the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center's exercise yard.

The prison first recorded the routine two years ago and it became a big hit on YouTube, attracting more than 24 million hits. They've since posted more than a dozen inmate dance numbers.

A security consultant came up with the idea of adding synchronized dancing to encourage inmates to participate in otherwise poorly attended exercise sessions.

Mmmm I was watching this like half an hour ago. It's incredible.

Arab world mourns Michael Jackson

By HADEEL AL-SHALCHI, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 1 min ago

CAIRO – A Bahraini royal mourned him publicly, young Lebanese held a candlelight tribute, Egyptian musicians hailed him as an inspiration.

Beyond his global reach, Michael Jackson held a special place in the Muslim world, as one of the first major Western entertainers to break through cultural barriers in the 1980s.

Some made a connection with the pop icon because of rumors, never substantiated, that he had converted to Islam. Others embraced him as one of their own after he sought refuge in the Gulf emirate of Bahrain in 2005, following a bruising trial on child molestation charges in the U.S.

"God have mercy on him. He was a Bahraini. He lived with us," said Jassim Ali, 35, shopping for Jackson CDs on Saturday in a music store in the capital, Manama.

Jackson only spent a year in the emirate, as a guest of Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Isa Al Khalifa, a son of Bahrain's king and an aspiring songwriter who had befriended the entertainer. Jackson kept a low profile there, largely staying close to his host.

After Jackson's departure, the sheik sued Jackson for $7 million, saying he had failed to fulfill a joint music venture, but the two settled in November, with terms not disclosed.

The sheik said Saturday, in a statement in the Gulf Daily News, that "the world has lost a giant in the music industry." "We are all very saddened by that,"

Al Khalifa said in comments confirmed by his spokesman.

Across the Arab world, the tributes to Jackson, who died Thursday, mirrored those elsewhere around the globe, though some argued the singer had a special appeal in the region.

"Religion is a big part of identity in this part of the world, and the idea he became Muslim boosted his popularity," said Egyptian cultural critic Tarek el-Shinnawi.

The conversion rumors were fueled, in parts, by comments by Jackson's brother, Jermaine, a convert to Islam, who has said his brother showed interest in the faith. In November, a British tabloid claimed Michael Jackson converted at a friend's home in Los Angeles. The Jackson brothers were raised as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Others simply loved Michael Jackson for his music. At his peak, in the 1980s, a time without Internet and satellite TV, the Arab world was more shielded from Western pop culture. Jackson was one of the few successful crossover artists.

In Egypt, keyboarder and music distributor Fady Badr traveled to Alexandria to take a few days off work to come to terms with the pop star's death.

"He's the reason I got into this business," said 28-year old Badr. "Everything he did was new, he had such a power of voice and style; this industry would wait for his new ideas to get us inspired."

A manager of the Cairo Jazz Club, Shady Hamza, said that he was flooded by calls from local bands and musicians to help arrange a tribute night to the singer.

"I feel like I lost a brother," said Hamza, 30. "He turned so many of us into the whole music thing — for a lot of musicians, Michael Jackson was their first encounter."

In Lebanon, about 100 young fans lit candles and sang along to his songs in a downtown street lined with bars and restaurants. A few tried to moon walk while others cheered.

Qays al Zu'bi, a Bahraini lawyer who said he helped Jackson with his finances when he lived in the emirate, said the singer had qualities about him that endeared him to people in the region, including his close relationship with his children and his vision.

"He had an aura about him," said the lawyer. "Despite the scandal in the United States,

I saw mothers at the lobby of his hotel who brought their children to introduce them to Michael Jackson."

___

Associated Press Writer Reem Khalifah in Bahrain contributed to this report.

Edited by A. Clay

I'm in total shock. MJ was one of my favorite artist. But here back home I wasn't the only one. My parents, and especially my brother are huge fans. He's got all his albums and stuff. What Mika is for me, Michael Jackson is for him. He even got tickets fot the show in London, and a planeticket. :( I found it so bad for him that it's all over now.

I can't stop listening to his music these days. Songs like Beat It, ABC, and the Earthsong really give me goosebumps...

The king of pop was a brilliant artist, perfect dancer, and man.. Whát a voice! I bet his music will be played even after 100 years, he's a legend.

R.I.P :sad:

R.I.P. Michael,

I feel so sad,for days now and I didn't even know you in real life.

I grew up with your music and I used to be a big fan.You where my first idol ever and I used to love you so much.

I know, I lost my faith in you; SORRY FOR THAT.

I didn't like you anymore because of all the rumors about you.

But only now I know my heart didn't leaved you because otherwise I wouldn't feel this way.

I know; To little, too late,

I'm so sorry

Edited by Moonlightchild

Mmmm I was watching this like half an hour ago. It's incredible.

HERE IS THE NEW ONE, SINCE MJ DIED-

A tribute done by the CPDRC Inmates on June 27, 2009.

Completed in 10 hours after receiving word that

the King of Pop passed away.

May he always be remembered.

Edited by A. Clay

I was at school collecting report cards when I received the news. At first I didn't believe it, but after two days of news reports and tributes on TV and the internet, it's sort of settling in.

I was never a huge MJ fan, but I liked him well enough. I just feel more sympathy and sadness for his family and for him more than anything. I mean, he was only 50. My dad's turning 50 this year!

At the very least, he's in a better place now. Rest in peace, Michael.

Just listen to this.

That's my ultimate favorite Jackson 5 or Michael Jackson song. His voice is amazing but I also really like Jermaine's part as well. A couple months ago, State Farm (an insurance company) played this song in their commercial with a montage of different people helping out others. When I first saw it, I cried, which is pretty rare for me, especially over a commercial.

Anyway, I am very sad that he is gone and that his children lost their father. I am also sad that he didn't get his redemption through his tour. He fought a bad rep for most of his life, and while I don't believe he ever did what he was accused of doing to those children, I do think he was more emotionally disturbed than anyone knew and boy, did the media play off of that. He never had a childhood and was probably reverting back to that later in life and viewed himself as a child when he wasn't. I don't think anyone told him that, as an adult, he shouldn't act that way because it makes people think he's sexually abusing the kids. Then when those allegations came out, that he was intentionally hurting children, I think it destroyed him. He never bounced back from that trial in 2004.

As for the plastic surgeries, the initial nose surgery was to correct a broken nose and then from that who knows. I know that he had stated in an interview, his father, Joe, would call him 'big nose' which probably got to him and also there were reports that Michael felt like he was starting to look like his father and wanted to change that. I can't imagine why he would want to change his looks that dramatically because he was a very good looking guy, especially in his Off the Wall days.

Obviously, I'm not psychologist and maybe my view is naive, but he was found not guilty because of lack of evidence, and I believe that he was innocent...in more than one way which got him into that mess in the first place.

Aside from all that, however, he made some kick ass music that I grew up listening to. Finally, the radio stations around here aren't afraid to play his music again, which I noticed his airtime drastically decreased after his child molestation trial, which was disappointing to me. Anyway, I'm proud to call him a fellow Hoosier, especially since Gary, Indiana is so close to where I live, though he wasn't there for very long. There was a huge gathering at his old home after he died and there was an article in the paper about it being the 'new Graceland.'

Also, I like Michael's way of poking fun of himself like when he let Weird Al use the same set he used in Bad (Weird Al even won a Grammy for it). He had prior given Weird Al permission to make fun of Beat It which was hilarious too. Then in his Leave Me Alone video, he danced with the Elephant Man bones and had Bubbles the chimp in it too. Unfortunately, not all of the stories about Michael were that harmless because they got worse later on.

I don't know, I'm pretty sad about his death and how he'll be remembered, I hope he'll be more remembered by his impact on music and his charity work rather than all those controversies. I also hope his children will be all right and that they find someone who will take care of them.

HERE IS THE NEW ONE, SINCE MJ DIED-

A tribute done by the CPDRC Inmates on June 27, 2009.

Completed in 10 hours after receiving word that

the King of Pop passed away.

May he always be remembered.

:tears: :tears:

Well, dont worry for that. You can always be his fan now. He wont mind that you didnt discovered him on life as long as you start loving his music now.

That song is one of my faves ever. He was great :wub2:

I will love to tell ya how to stop crying, but I cant. I have been crying all weekend. Even more when I switch on tv or radio and he is there, Im so sad :tears:

I still can't believe it. RIP MJ.

Watching old performances on youtube. This one is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQpHIcy__NI

I was watching that one last night......fabulous. Never gets old.

That anti-gravity lean gets me every time!! Did you know he designed the props for it and patented it?!

I've spent the last few days just watching his vids and performances....right now I feel like I'll never again listen to any music except his...completely incomparable.

This one is also an incredible performance

No one on earth can dance like him!

When my mother told me, I just couldn't believe it.

I started searching on the news...I thought it was a mistake...there are some people that always seem immortal to me..Like George Michael or Madonna..for me Michael Jackson is one of them..I grew up with his music and I STILL can't belive he's gone.

For me he's still alive.

I wasn't a huge fan of him but some of his songs are very important to me.

Above all that can be said, he was a wonderful artist and he will never be forgotten.

R.I.P.

I was watching that one last night......fabulous. Never gets old.

That anti-gravity lean gets me every time!! Did you know he designed the props for it and patented it?!

I've spent the last few days just watching his vids and performances....right now I feel like I'll never again listen to any music except his...completely incomparable.

This one is also an incredible performance

No one on earth can dance like him!

I feel the same way.