The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

Very confused: Since when could Mika play the violin?!:shocked:

According to wikipedia, he does the 'background violin' on the TBWKTM...

We MFCers know you can't believe everything you read on Wikipedia :mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very confused: Since when could Mika play the violin?!:shocked:

According to wikipedia, he does the 'background violin' on the TBWKTM...

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

That's why he doesn't have time to blog: he's been taking violin classes in his spare time. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

That's why he doesn't have time to blog: he's been taking violin classes in his spare time. :mf_rosetinted:

I once had a really vivid dream about being at a gig and seeing Mika playing the guitar. He said that Martin had taught him to play!

Don't know why I dreamed that!

That's funny !! Since the new album came out, i noticed something similar !! More and more of my friends are sort of "closeted Mika fans" :naughty:

I mean : most of them laugh at me when i say i love his music. Then, when i say " i'm going to see him in concert, who wants to come ?", quite a few of them actually come, and enjoy themselves big time... but when these same people talk about Mika "in public", later on, they're like " oh i went because Sarah wanted to go and i didn't want to let her go all by herself !!" :naughty:

Same thing for the new album. They all pretend not to know it and not to care, but when i play the songs, they sing along and know the lyrics !! :biggrin2:

i'm almost certain that all these people secretely (and illegally ) downloaded songs and will never openly admit it !! :wags_finger:

That's sad, because it completely messes with the sales figures and gives the impression that TBWKTM isn't a big hit, which i think is totally untrue...

so, mika is becoming a guilty pleasure???:shocked::boxed:

In hindsight, WAG did well and was a top 5 hit! My son had this to say about Rain...

"It's too repetitive in the chorus and he sings the chorus too high. When he sings it live he strains to get the notes sometimes. It's not so different from some of his other stuff he's already done. He should release Touches You or One Foot Boy, because they are different."

My husband said this...

"He should release I See You! He sings it really well."

certainly he needs to put some effort in singing this song, not as comfortably as singing the others! but still, he sings it well IMO:mf_rosetinted:

actually i nvr understand why GK is such a commercial success, so i can't hv any ideas about the single releasing issue. :dunno:

I once had a really vivid dream about being at a gig and seeing Mika playing the guitar. He said that Martin had taught him to play!

Don't know why I dreamed that!

I think he actually said he could play the guitar once, but just a little. :blink:

Actually they do vanessa.

They just don't want to pay for it.:shocked::shocked:

:roftl:

so, mika is becoming a guilty pleasure???:shocked::boxed:

Always been. :mf_rosetinted:

no charts news unfortunately, but good to see a bit of promotion for tbwktm in germany: it's one of 10 cd-tips for christmas on radio bayern3: http://mdl.br-online.de/multimedia/eventbox-xmas/?cd-tipps-bayern3-2009 - click on number 8 to see it, they say it's a great variety of songs, with blue eyes sounding like samba and i see you being perfect for christmas (agree! :wub2:), and play some bits of the songs. :wink2:

who ARE the sissor sisters anyway? I never heard of them before i heard of mika, and i still haven;t heard any of their music.

Your guess is as good as mine. The only place I'd heard of them was in my Rock Music Dictionary.. which I don't even think I have anymore.

I think the important thing is to look at all the albums below him and some of them have been released much longer than TBWKTM.

Also, it's a bad recession, and people are less likely to buy entire albums these days.

Is there a chart for singles?