Sept 2009 Ground Floor Bar 186 Portobello Road drinks On Mika

FREDDIESDOUBLE

Okay it was actually off the chain. I have never danced so much in my life because I hate dancing and always feel like and idiot but once he started DJing I was up. When he gets too old to be singing 'not giving up when you're young and you want some' he should be a DJ. So good.

I was a bit gutted I didn't get to chat to him/have a picture, I waited until just before me and my friend went home and I went outside (I think it was just before he was going) and said his name as he walked past me but he was already going over to talk to Cherisse and then when he came back over I started thanking him for the drinks but someone started talking at the same time as me and I heard Cherisse say 'oh are you going home?' and he said yeah so I thought it'd be best if I left it. Can always have a chat on Friday. Hopefully. Not like we can miss our last chain. XD

I spoke to Cherisse (my piano teacher told me if I ever see her to say hello from her and her husband cos her husband was in Freefaller and they toured with the Faders ages ago yadda yadda yadda) and she was really lovely so I text my piano teacher to tell her she said hi.

Highlights of the evening were totally the following two things:

Random old man (does ANYONE know who he was? If it's already been said, I apologise, I haven't read through the thread, I'm knackered).

AND Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

I've got a fab picture of the crowd during girls just wanna have fun and you can't really see Mika but you'll be able to spot him. It's a bit complicated to explain til you see it but I'll put it up tomorrow as it's time for ZZZs now.

Night night everybody!!

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG

Everyone who attended just want to let you know that I AM sooo happy you all had a blast; amazing time. I am also jealous :teehee: But a good one though!

Thank you so much for the vids and pics. I appreciated them!!

Okay it was actually off the chain. I have never danced so much in my life because I hate dancing and always feel like and idiot but once he started DJing I was up. When he gets too old to be singing 'not giving up when you're young and you want some' he should be a DJ. So good.

Funny I was just saying to someone last night there was a rumour going around in late '07 that he was going to DJ at Turnmills around the time of his London gigs. I don't know if it didn't happen because he was ill or because the rumour was false but I always wondered if it was something he'd do.

Glad you had a great time. Sounds fabulous!!!

Jazzy where were you?! I never saw you?!

I was sitting/standing/dancing (depending on the song) in the corner to the side of the DJ booth where that doorway led to the other set of toilets. I saw you all sitting round that table but I was way too shy to come over and say hello. I will definiely come and say hi next time though, I always feel silly when I get home and haven't said anything.

Mika properly looked at me when I was dancing (you know how the eye contact with him is always a little bit unsettling) and I caught his eye and was MEGA embarrassed cos I'm such a terrible dancer and half the time I was taking the mick and doing silly dances. I even did a Pulp Fiction Ume Therman dance contest style thing at one point, hahaha.

That old gent is right in the middle of the dancefloor. Brilliant! :lmao:

I have no idea who he was, in the picture Mika tweeted you can see my eye to the right of the old man and to the left of Vix. xD YAY I MADE A MIKA PICTURE!! haha!! When I had my arm in the air sometimes jumping to Rain he sometimes grabbed my arm, I've no idea why, I think that's why my camera went funny at one point and filmed the top of the DJ booth. At the end of the song I said to him "You are SUCH a raver" haha!

Thanks for your report and pics etc Caz. You see mothers aren't always right :roftl: i'm glad you went and i bet you'll never regret this!!

I WILL NEVER REGRET THIS.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!!!!! Thanks SO much for posting them!!!! :aah:

You're welcome!

Last video:

I was sitting/standing/dancing (depending on the song) in the corner to the side of the DJ booth where that doorway led to the other set of toilets. I saw you all sitting round that table but I was way too shy to come over and say hello. I will definiely come and say hi next time though, I always feel silly when I get home and haven't said anything.

Mika properly looked at me when I was dancing (you know how the eye contact with him is always a little bit unsettling) and I caught his eye and was MEGA embarrassed cos I'm such a terrible dancer and half the time I was taking the mick and doing silly dances. I even did a Pulp Fiction Ume Therman dance contest style thing at one point, hahaha.

You should have come over!!

Yeah Mika saw me raving too, I was really going for it and singing along and he was laughing at me LMAO!!

Funny I was just saying to someone last night there was a rumour going around in late '07 that he was going to DJ at Turnmills around the time of his London gigs. I don't know if it didn't happen because he was ill or because the rumour was false but I always wondered if it was something he'd do.

Glad you had a great time. Sounds fabulous!!!

It was a proper good mix of music. Before he got in the booth it was all remixes and stuff which is all right for background music, but then he played some proper CHOONS and it was a really good mix of old stuff, new stuff, inbetweeny stuff and some of his own stuff every now and then.

I loved his smile when everybody screamed after 'doooon't scream'. It took a second for the penny to drop but he just started laughing. I had a good view of him smiling, I think I chose my spot well.

You should have come over!!

Yeah Mika saw me raving too, I was really going for it and singing along and he was laughing at me LMAO!!

I assume there'll be a few people at Scala, will you be there? If you are and I see you I will introduce myself, it's just taking the step to not be a timid little idiot.

It was a proper good mix of music. Before he got in the booth it was all remixes and stuff which is all right for background music, but then he played some proper CHOONS and it was a really good mix of old stuff, new stuff, inbetweeny stuff and some of his own stuff every now and then.

I loved his smile when everybody screamed after 'doooon't scream'. It took a second for the penny to drop but he just started laughing. I had a good view of him smiling, I think I chose my spot well.

Yeah he looked REALLY happy and at ease, which was lovely. The whole pub was raving which was just incredible, the atmosphere was electric!

I didn't like the stuff at first, like when everyone was having drinks. I don't like dancing to songs I don't know lol xD

Yeah he looked REALLY happy and at ease, which was lovely. The whole pub was raving which was just incredible, the atmosphere was electric!

I didn't like the stuff at first, like when everyone was having drinks. I don't like dancing to songs I don't know lol xD

Yeah I was a little bit concerned at first because when he first arrived he was a little bit mobbed (a guy in a red shirt with white stripes wanted to take about 50 pictures of him and he trod on my foot about six times and didn't once say sorry) but I saw him walking down towards the bar a little while later and he had a big smile on his face so it was like, okay, that's all right, it's all good.

It was such a nice atmosphere, I really loved. And everyone there was mega nice, which is always a bonus. I just thought the old man dancing around properly made the evening. I walked past a middle aged man half dancing to the Justin Timberlake song he played and LOL'd.