Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

Yes but that's often all it takes to fix the worst problems. Remember when he broke through the streamer and it went into his mouth? :roftl:

This is why I don't buy the flaws-are-intentional thing. We've already seen the result of a rush video job. This has happened before. And it wasn't a leak of an unfinished copy either. If I recall correctly that edit went out for sale on iTunes or something similar.

Stupid question from me again: what's a streamer and in which vid did this happen?

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A streamer is like a ribbon, but it's usually made out of stretchy paper.

You can see them coming down here, just before the 2 minute mark:

In the original edit he gets one caught in his mouth. You can see here where it's about to happen if you look closely, but it was a lot more obvious before. :naughty:

I think Touches You also would stand a chance too! After the radio stations refusing to play him and the whole GMA mess it still feels like Mika is an 'our little secret' type thing even though he sells out shows. Most people I know have never heard of him... although I live in the boonies so maybe that's why. :aah:

I wonder what the radio stations reasons are for not playing him now?

Totally agree with you about Touches You -- I think that would get some

play here for sure.

Wish I knew what radio stations were thinking this time around... :dunno:

I have a 17-year-old son and most of the girls he knows haven't heard

of Mika either -- and we *don't* live in the boonies, just outside of DC.

Anyhow, straying off topic, so I'll just add that I was looking on the

sites of VH1 and MTV last night to see if they had the BIOTG video online. MTV has Grace Kelly and Love Today, but

VH1 has NOTHING. :shocked: In fact, when you click on "MIKA" you

don't get his bio, you get some other Mika's bio, there are no videos or

albums listed, but when you click on tour dates, you get his full tour

schedule. :blink: I wanted to write to someone to have that corrected,

but I can't find an email address to write to. :sneaky2:

(MTVu at least has the WAG video online.)

In the original edit he gets one caught in his mouth. You can see here where it's about to happen if you look closely, but it was a lot more obvious before. :naughty:

Thank you Christine!

I second that question :naughty:. Must have something to do with being Dutch, AMP, that we don't understand it :bleh:.

Must be serpentine I guess.

Is the unedition version available somewhere?

Must be serpentine I guess.

Is the unedition version available somewhere?

I don't know. There were a few MFCers at the video shoot and they probably have copies of the original since there were more scenes with people in the crowd towards the end. I think Carri's kids were in there.

Totally agree with you about Touches You -- I think that would get some

play here for sure.

Wish I knew what radio stations were thinking this time around... :dunno:

I have a 17-year-old son and most of the girls he knows haven't heard

of Mika either -- and we *don't* live in the boonies, just outside of DC.

Anyhow, straying off topic, so I'll just add that I was looking on the

sites of VH1 and MTV last night to see if they had the BIOTG video online. MTV has Grace Kelly and Love Today, but

VH1 has NOTHING. :shocked: In fact, when you click on "MIKA" you

don't get his bio, you get some other Mika's bio, there are no videos or

albums listed, but when you click on tour dates, you get his full tour

schedule. :blink: I wanted to write to someone to have that corrected,

but I can't find an email address to write to. :sneaky2:

(MTVu at least has the WAG video online.)

Touches You really sounds like a song I could see being played on the radio. I think it's because I see it fitting in with other songs on the radio. Not saying that it sounds like every other pop song out there (because I like how Mika's are unique and sound different than others,) but it just strikes me as fitting in well.

I feel lame asking this but what was their reason before for not playing him? My memory is so shot after photography school (more like boot camp. :naughty:) I know about photography and that's it. All small details, like why they won't play Mika, is lost somewhere. :aah: Was it because he was too "poppy" "camp" or "gay" and wouldn't fit in or something? All I can remember is the Billy Brown spiel about how it wouldn't go over well in the US.

I guess it's everywhere in the US then that hasn't heard of him. I just figured it was where I live because we don't get concerts. The only time we happen to get a well known big name band/person is that couple weeks during the summer fair that's 2 hours from here. :naughty:

I tried searching on VH1 out of curiosity and I saw that they have the Grace Kelly video but when I click on a profile for Mika it gives me some other Mika. I tried googling for contact info and I only came up with an email for their press website (it did have an @VH1Staff.com email though.) Then there was an actual mailing address. I don't know if emailing the address I found would help or not. :dunno:

So far as I'm aware, American radio's stated reason for not playing GK was that it was about a man wanting to be like a woman. For not playing Love Today, it was that he was singing in the register of a woman

That's how he was telling it by the time I joined anyway

So far as I'm aware, American radio's stated reason for not playing GK was that it was about a man wanting to be like a woman. For not playing Love Today, it was that he was singing in the register of a woman

Oh geeeez. I could just smack those people. :naughty: It's okay to play songs about drinking whisky and doing crack among other illegal stuff but it's not okay to play an innocent song? :doh:

I think the stations are just lazy. :shun: Sadly I know some just play the music that they like. I've heard of people calling up stations asking them to play a song and the person who answered has dissed the artist and refused to play it.

Those are stupid reasons. Wow. I'll never get why American radio is like that.:boxed:

Those are stupid reasons. Wow. I'll never get why American radio is like that.:boxed:

If all American radio is bad, Pittsburgh radio is the WORST. I hear all the time about my favorite songs being played all the time in other cities when are stations don't play anything even close!

(argh! why isn't there a thumbs down smiley?:wink2:)

If all American radio is bad, Pittsburgh radio is the WORST. I hear all the time about my favorite songs being played all the time in other cities when are stations don't play anything even close!

(argh! why isn't there a thumbs down smiley?:wink2:)

:thumbdown:

I seriously must be out of this world or something because I really can't imagine it being like that. I just don't get it... Sucks idd :huh:

I loved the video! I think it's great. I love the visual aspects and it's very different from what MIKA normally does.

I also loved his outfit

For some reason, even though it doesn't look like his outfit, Mika's outfit in the video reminded me of the 7th doctor from Doctor Who. Probably the hat, cane, and suspenders.

What bothered me was the lip syncing was a bit off. I didn't notice the choreography...

I loved his jump at the end. ^_^

Really? That's the reason why they won't play it here in the states? Yet we can listen about a girl kissing another girl and a guy doing vulgar stuff? There crazy people!

Then again when "Lollipop" came on Pandora in my graphic com class (My teacher makes a station and get's songs we all like into there) People where saying "Please change the song!" and my friend said, "What kind of person makes songs like that? *Part where girl talks plays* and involves little children?"

Seriously? Yet they listen to rap junk that swears and talks about vulgar stuff.

(This reminds me that in that same class I made a concert poster for MIKA. It was an assignment. I should post it...)

Edited by Buzzbuzz

How funny! I thought Mika sang, "are you wishing you were rugged like me?" but when I looked up the lyrics he's actually singing "are you wishing you were ugly like me?" :aah:

Pfff the guy is not ugly. Dear Mika... change that word to rugged and start bragging about your looks. :naughty:

How funny! I thought Mika sang, "are you wishing you were rugged like me?" but when I looked up the lyrics he's actually singing "are you wishing you were ugly like me?" :aah:

Pfff the guy is not ugly. Dear Mika... change that word to rugged and start bragging about your looks. :naughty:

Tho I don't know what the word rugged means, I wouldn't like him to start bragging about his looks. He knows he is handsome. If he would start bragging about it it would take away a lot of his attractiveness (for me, that is) :wink2:.

Tho I don't know what the word rugged means, I wouldn't like him to start bragging about his looks. He knows he is handsome. If he would start bragging about it it would take away a lot of his attractiveness (for me, that is) :wink2:.

He can at least stop calling himself ugly. :naughty:

Mika can start bragging about his gorgeous face if he wants but "rugged" he is not in any case. :roftl:

He may look scrawny but you know he's tough. That's rugged enough for me. Not none of that bulging muscles with popping veins that look like they're going to explode at any second junk. :shun:

I seriously must be out of this world or something because I really can't imagine it being like that. I just don't get it... Sucks idd :huh:

Oh that's definitely their reasoning over here. I remember when the album first came out.

Makes me so mad :mad3:

Rugged is like....messy hair and an unshaven face, right? At least...that's what I visualise when I hear the word. In which case, Mika is sometimes rugged :naughty:

I guess a different definition for rugged came to my mind then. I thought I was wrong after I posted so I looked it up but it does talk about health and physique. :naughty:

So he would fit into the messy hair and unshaven look too. :teehee: It's funny how you can mishear lyrics.

I remember I used to listen to Nickelback's song 'How You Remind Me' and he sings, "Never made it as a wise man I couldn't make it as a poor man stealing" and I always sang it "Never made it as a white man I couldn't make it as a poor man stealing." I was SO confused by why they'd say that in their song... when I found out the correct lyrics my friend couldn't stop laughing at me. :naughty:

Mika can start bragging about his gorgeous face if he wants but "rugged" he is not in any case. :roftl:

This moment?

MOWWG141650.jpg

MOWWG141688.jpg

MOWWG141752.jpg

MOWWG141804.jpg

MOWWG141880.jpg

MOWWG141957.jpg

MOWWG141996.jpg

I think i have em in bigger and better quality somewhere...

:shocked:

He so can look rugged ... that's what I love about him ... that he can look so cute and adorable one minute and then ... can look like this .... ummmmmmmmmmm ... yeah :swoon:

:lmfao: