Lady Gaga (and Mika) to perform for the Queen in London - dec. 7 2009

Droopsy

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..... But I'm thrilled he's going to be a DJ on Radio 2 on New Years Eve. This will show his versatility.

I'm sure he did a fab performance at the RVP! can't wait to see it

Oooh! I hope someone records that.

Don't get me started on Miley Cyrus. Yuck, I have to deal with listening to her music all the time (When my sis is home, she plays the radio and loves "Party in the USA"). I mean, even a guy at my school loves her! He had a mechanical pencil with her image on it. You would think that she would dress nice to play for the Queen, give us Americans a good image, and what does she do? Wears pants so short you can see her bum and a dress with major cleavage. Sham she didn't wear what she wore on the "Hanna Montana" episode where she meet the queen (My sisters used to watch the show all the time, thankfully my Mom has now banned Disney Channel) because if memory serves right, she dressed a heck of a lot better. Come on, Lady Gaga was dressed better, and she's famous for her "revealing" self. Also, she just had to sound like an idiot on camera. Plus, a 16/17 year old should not be wearing some of the stuff she wears. I'm (a few months) older than her and I would never wear that stuff, much less in front of the Queen! Seriously, us Americans already have a bad image. :furious:(Though... some of the stories I hear, even from my Mom when she was in England, who can blame the world?).

Sorry for the long rant. Anyway, Mika looks brilliant! I can't wait to see some video of his performance. It's a shame BBC America doesn't show it here.

Yes you did ... so now I know ... she is awful .... :naughty:

Ahh, I was about to warn you myself. Though consider yourself lucky you don't have to listen to her as much as I do.

Is she even popular in the UK? My sis says she is...

He is so cute smiling like that :wub2: And he queues to see the Queen like we queue to see him :roftl: Well, if it's organized it's like that, usually it's not that calm :mf_rosetinted:

Notice how the Queen looks back at him, even though she must already have passed him. She can't take her eyes off him. She's definitely a fangurl :fangurl:

He is so cute smiling like that :wub2: And he queues to see the Queen like we queue to see him :roftl: Well, if it's organized it's like that, usually it's not that calm :mf_rosetinted:

It's only calm because out of sight there are guards with big guns. If any of the celebs step out of line, they risk being sent to the tower, and their heads chopped off, for treason.

He's so cute :wub2:

I find the whole meeting-the-queen thing to be kind of funny. It's like something people put on their what-to-do-before-I-die lists. I'm guessing it's one of those things that has a lot of hype around it, but actually isn't very exciting. Not that I would know. :naughty:

Lady GaGa was brilliant!

Mika was amazing!

Neither used "gimmicks".

Performance art is not a "gimmick!"

It is quite interesting & expressive.

Did you see it??

:lmfao:

That's what I was thinking too. There's Mika, looking all cute and well-spoken. And then there's Miley, who, as my dad would say, comes across as being "dumber than a sack full of hammer handles." :roftl:

The contrast between the way Mika speaks and the way Miley speaks made me giggle just a little. :teehee:

What is wrong with Miley's upperlip?

royms.jpg

Oh my: he's wearing the Clockwork Orange hat again...:mf_lustslow:

Wow .... those lyrics are so so so insightful aren't they ... I'm following the wrong person ... really .... her lyrics speak to me :lmfao:

You don't even have to change the initials of the fanclub.....

He looks as if he is thinking: "Shall I tell the horse manure story or not? Nah, maybe better if I didn't..."

Notice how the Queen looks back at him, even though she must already have passed him. She can't take her eyes off him. She's definitely a fangurl :fangurl:

Ofcourse she is!

He's so cute :wub2:

I find the whole meeting-the-queen thing to be kind of funny. It's like something people put on their what-to-do-before-I-die lists. I'm guessing it's one of those things that has a lot of hype around it, but actually isn't very exciting. Not that I would know. :naughty:

I met Princess Anne once, at a charity conference. We were standing at tables waiting our turn. When she got to us, the men in the group tried to push forward, but she ignored them and made a point of talking to us two girls :roftl: She's my favourite royal.

I also sang (in a choir) for Princess Margaret, before she became old and frail. She had this amazing royal aura about her - she sort of glowed :biggrin2:

Not even the Queen can resist Da Stare ....:blush-anim-cl:

:swoon:

It's only calm because out of sight there are guards with big guns. If any of the celebs step out of line, they risk being sent to the tower, and their heads chopped off, for treason.

:lmao:

... I wonder what would have happened if she had gone back to give him a hug...:teehee: ...would she have risked being sent anywhere? or perhaps she would have even been forced to abdicate :biggrin2:

Edited by suzie

Not even the Queen can resist Da Stare ....:blush-anim-cl:

:swoon:

:lmao:

... I wonder what would have happened if she had gone back to give him a hug...:teehee: ...would she have risked being sent anywhere? or perhaps she would have even been forced to abdicate :biggrin2:

The Queen's introduction post at the MFC:

LondonLizzy

Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I'm new at this forum. I feel a bit silly because I'm probably the oldest Mikafan ever...

I saw this lovely young lad perform recently and became addicted right away!

I hope to be able to go to a lot more gigs of this very flamboyant curly head.

Read Marilyn Mastin lyrics from the wonderful The Quing who Reigned too Much-thread:

He're the Queen's cover of Rain (Reign)

Is it really necessary,

That you all need to know

If I'm going to abdicate

So Charles can take the throne

But my poor son's already old and

Camilla cannot be the queen

So I think that I'll stay the monarch

You'd better get used to it everyone

More than this

Whatever it is

Country there'll be many days like this

I'm not going nowhere

What do I care

Country there'll be many days like this

I will reign reign reign and reign reign reign

I will reign reign reign and reign reign regn

I will reign reign reign and reign reign reign

I'm the best public speaker

And when I die

I'll leave the throne to Mika

More than this

Country, there'll be many days like this.

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra