Droopsy

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup well said .. no publicity is bad

True, if you want short-term, instant success. If you want a long career, like Mika has said he does, that is really not true. If you're plastered over anything and everything, you risk there coming a point when it reaches saturation level and burns out. People can be incredibly fickle and move on to the next "big thing" very fast. I'm not saying that will happen to Gaga - she'll have huge success and make shedloads of money in the immediate future, and good on her because that's clearly what she is courting. Her long-term success all depends on what material she puts out in future, if it's good, it will stand on its own merit, if it's not... mmm.

For a fantastic singer and songwriter like Mika (probably the best UK singer-songwriter there's been for over a decade), better to have longevity and be admired for your craft, although yes, I think the promo machine seems to have failed in respect of "Rain", especially in the UK.

Anyway, that's just my opinion and how I see it. I have my rock-publicist hat on (that was my job!).

True, if you want short-term, instant success. If you want a long career, like Mika has said he does, that is really not true. If you're plastered over anything and everything, you risk there coming a point when it reaches saturation level and burns out. People can be incredibly fickle and move on to the next "big thing" very fast. I'm not saying that will happen to Gaga - she'll have huge success and make shedloads of money in the immediate future, and good on her because that's clearly what she is courting. Her long-term success all depends on what material she puts out in future, if it's good, it will stand on its own merit, if it's not... mmm.

For a fantastic singer and songwriter like Mika (probably the best UK singer-songwriter there's been for over a decade), better to have longevity and be admired for your craft, although yes, I think the promo machine seems to have failed in respect of "Rain", especially in the UK.

Anyway, that's just my opinion and how I see it. I have my rock-publicist hat on (that was my job!).

*agrees*

I agree wholeheartedly. When a celeb gets talked about all the time, and mentioned on TV all the time, people do get sick of them. I do like Gaga's music (apart from some of the new songs on her FM album) and she reminds me of Madonna, who used to do sensational things on stage, and change her image a lot.

I don't know if Gaga can sustain her career. That's something the future will decide. But despite the hiccup with Rain, I think that Mika will continue. He just needs to get out there and get some better publicity people. But I'm thrilled he's going to be a DJ on Radio 2 on New Years Eve. This will show his versatility.

I'm sure he did a fab performance at the RVP! can't wait to see it

He looks GRAND!! :wub2::wub2: I want the umbrella, ella.. :naughty:

The Queen must've been thrilled :biggrin2:

The Queen thought Mika smelled better than the last time she met him.:teehee:

A little birdie said the Queen thought Rain was a little repetitive.

Who knew - her Majesty is a critic??

Does anybody know if Mika curtsied like he planned??

The Queen thought Mika smelled better than the last time she met him.:teehee:

A little birdie said the Queen thought Rain was a little repetitive.

Who knew - her Majesty is a critic??

Does anybody know if Mika curtsied like he planned??

what what? where did you hear this?

No :blink: what was he doing on GMTV?

He was talking about his performance. Well, sorta. he wasn't in the studio, I think they were just in Blackpool still. He just said something about him making up the dance himself and that he looks goofy or something :naughty:

Nothing you haven't really heard before,. He was on for like 30 seconds.

Edited by alice.loves.mika

Gawd that Miley Cyrus is dumber than a box of rocks. Has she ever said anything even remotely intelligent? :aah:

I saw that she had to change the performance from the one she put on at the MTV awards, the suicide one.

That sounds slightly contrived to me. She never does the same thing twice so I can't imagine that's what she was planning for this. Maybe she was told that kind of thing wouldn't be acceptable, but that kind of goes without saying doesn't it?

Her long-term success all depends on what material she puts out in future, if it's good, it will stand on its own merit, if it's not... mmm.

For a fantastic singer and songwriter like Mika (probably the best UK singer-songwriter there's been for over a decade), better to have longevity and be admired for your craft...

I think they're both in the same boat and the jury is still out on each of their long term careers. I don't think GaGa is a lesser talent who is forced to rely on all these gimmicks, she's just using them to her advantage. Mika has also employed gimmicks in his shows, they're just not that appealing to the mass American market so he's not getting the same attention in the media.