Lady Gaga (and Mika) to perform for the Queen in London - dec. 7 2009

Droopsy

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What the f*** is Gaga wearing?! As far as I can see, everything she does is totally contrived, and just to make sure HER picture gets in the papers ahead of anyone else's. And it seems to succeed in the most part. I know Mika's reportedly friendly with her, but I think if he ever does collaborate with her in the future it will just be seen as him jumping on her publicity-seeking bandwagon. I'd steer well clear if I was him! Besides, his outfit was just SO much classier, darlings :biggrin2:

Publicity = SALES. She knows that, that's why she does it. In fact, Mika could probably learn from her, actually.

Edited by CazGirl

Yup well said .. no publicity is bad

I know, right? It's so annoying. I can't believe that the country doesn't like "Rain". Even if the chorus is repetitive it's still catchy and dancey, and I do like the lyrics...hopefully this show will be good publicity for him. It's a family show so at least it will be seen. Shows like Jools Holland are on late at night and don't pull in a big audience like The Royal Variety Show does...although he also did Children In Need and as far as I can remember there was no surge in sales afterwards...I genuinely think a lot of people don't know it's actually been released?

When Mika promoted WAG he was everywhere and the release date was being repeatedly told. As for Rain...promotion has been a bit ... bleh.

I know, right? It's so annoying. I can't believe that the country doesn't like "Rain". Even if the chorus is repetitive it's still catchy and dancey, and I do like the lyrics...hopefully this show will be good publicity for him. It's a family show so at least it will be seen. Shows like Jools Holland are on late at night and don't pull in a big audience like The Royal Variety Show does...although he also did Children In Need and as far as I can remember there was no surge in sales afterwards...I genuinely think a lot of people don't know it's actually been released?

When Mika promoted WAG he was everywhere and the release date was being repeatedly told. As for Rain...promotion has been a bit ... bleh.

I agree!

The radio stations know though and have been NO help at all!

If Jo Whiley had still been on lunchtime in the week, I'm sure it would be a different story. But R1 are shunning him for no good reason, and I find it ridiculous.

It would be great if some of the local radio stations could have done little showcases like the ones in Germany France Holland an Belgium, that would go a long way to helping. But for some reason they are only interested in this X Craptor nonsense, which annoys the hell out of me.:sneaky2:

I agree!

The radio stations know though and have been NO help at all!

If Jo Whiley had still been on lunchtime in the week, I'm sure it would be a different story. But R1 are shunning him for no good reason, and I find it ridiculous.

It would be great if some of the local radio stations could have done little showcases like the ones in Germany France Holland an Belgium, that would go a long way to helping. But for some reason they are only interested in this X Craptor nonsense, which annoys the hell out of me.:sneaky2:

Plus the only time I've seen "Rain" on TV was when The Box did "Hooked On: Mika" and that was before it was released in the charts. Literally the only time. I've seen two (quite negative) reviews in magazines :blink:

WAG was everywhere. How can someone go from number 4 to number 72? Makes no sense.

What the f*** is Gaga wearing?! As far as I can see, everything she does is totally contrived, and just to make sure HER picture gets in the papers ahead of anyone else's. And it seems to succeed in the most part. I know Mika's reportedly friendly with her, but I think if he ever does collaborate with her in the future it will just be seen as him jumping on her publicity-seeking bandwagon. I'd steer well clear if I was him! Besides, his outfit was just SO much classier, darlings :biggrin2:

She is very smart actually. You can say a lot but she knows how to stay in the publicity. Mika on the other hand:naughty:

Seriously, I want bigger pictures :mf_rosetinted:

yeah, what did you say earlier about publicity? :roftl:

Publicity is definitely what he needs! I don't take that back at all! And Mika being covered in horse sh*t will definitely find it's way around the nation lol. Just wondering if it's the best way to go about it :aah:

Although that probably wasn't what he was thinking of when he started talking about it - just came up in conversation and it is a funny story.

Ah wells, hopefully it'll somehow do him good LOL.

She is very smart actually. You can say a lot but she knows how to stay in the publicity. Mika on the other hand:naughty:

Seriously, I want bigger pictures :mf_rosetinted:

also, her outfits work. Whether people like them or not...it causes controversy which gets people talking.

Enigma - you're doing precisely what GaGa wants without even realising. You can moan all you like about her clothes, but she's still winning :aah:

You're talking about her. That's what she wants.

also, her outfits work. Whether people like them or not...it causes controversy which gets people talking.

Enigma - you're doing precisely what GaGa wants without even realising. You can moan all you like about her clothes, but she's still winning :aah:

You're talking about her. That's what she wants.

Exactly, she polarises opinion. You hate her, you love her but you can't pretend she's not there.

I hadn't seen it - thanks!

Umbrella tramp routine though? Really?

Unique is definitely the appropriate word. :naughty:

You're welcome :thumb_yello:

there is a rumor on youtube, don't know if it's real, but they said Gaga was forced to change her performance.....does anybody know anything??

I hadn't seen it - thanks!

Umbrella tramp routine though? Really?

Unique is definitely the appropriate word. :naughty:

Sounds Chaplinesque, can't wait to see it:thumb_yello:

You're welcome :thumb_yello:

there is a rumor on youtube, don't know if it's real, but they said Gaga was forced to change her performance.....does anybody know anything??

I saw that she had to change the performance from the one she put on at the MTV awards, the suicide one.