REPORT/PICS/VIDS: MIKA - O2 Academy Newcastle, FEB 24 -2010

guylainem123

Maybe the firm that made them went out of business :dunno:

If we had the right artwork, it shouldn't be too hard to get some made. I know a lot of MFCers, but there are lots I have never met, it would help if we could recognise each other somehow.

no, iirc they were sold on spreadshirt.net, you just have to upload your design there and they'll print it on shirts, buttons, etc. for you. that's what i'm doing with my german fanclub, all i have to do is upload the logo in the right format, and they'll do the rest.

we've been asking to TM for a while, as the 'MFC brand' is not ours anymore :pinkbow:

they are clearly too busy with the new tour, and are delaying a reply :biggrin2:

as soon as we get some info, there'll be a thread up in a minute!

edit: but of course, you can always wear the old ones, if you still have them

hmm, but didn't violet make the new design? :fisch: the brand may be not yours, but the rights for the logo should still lie with the person who originally made it, or did they have to sell that? :blink: like i said before, it wouldn't be hard to organize, i guess if we have to wait for team mika to sell mfc badges, we'll still be waiting in 2 years. :sneaky2: so all you'd need is their ok that we can sell them, and use a company like spreadshirt for it. :dunno:

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, iirc they were sold on spreadshirt.net, you just have to upload your design there and they'll print it on shirts, buttons, etc. for you. that's what i'm doing with my german fanclub, all i have to do is upload the logo in the right format, and they'll do the rest.

hmm, but didn't violet make the new design? :fisch: the brand may be not yours, but the rights for the logo should still lie with the person who originally made it, or did they have to sell that? :blink: like i said before, it wouldn't be hard to organize, i guess if we have to wait for team mika to sell mfc badges, we'll still be waiting in 2 years. :sneaky2:so all you'd need is their ok that we can sell them, and use a company like spreadshirt for it. :dunno:

EXACTLY!!!

you've got the point :naughty:

EXACTLY!!!

you've got the point :naughty:

aha... sounded more complicated because of what you said they're busy with the tour etc. ... but guess it's too much to expect from team mika that they just write "ok". :naughty:

I had the most incredible night .. will post more soon:wub2:

It was another fab gig and great crack with the MFCers for much queueing!

Here is a quick pic from me at Dr John:wub2:

DSCN2182.jpg

did anyone see a girl with sequins on her face arrive? :blink:

No sorry:blink:

I didn't meet any MFCers last night :tears:

Aw :huglove:

But if you vaguely smiled at the two women leaning against the railing watching the queue file past, you've sort of met me and Kath- we were about the last in, and landed up with a great view of the stage from just behind the barstools

I'm way too tired to do anything fab right now like a report or a full album upload but here are a few pics I just tweeted. I cant even remember what gigs they are Sheffield, Leeds or Manchester could be all 3 lol soo tired.

http://twitpic.com/15cqmv

http://twitpic.com/15cq2s

http://twitpic.com/15cmui

http://twitpic.com/15cnpf

I am sure there was a girl with sequins on her face just behind me and i was center front, not 100% cos Ive been to 5 gigs now though.

I saw a girl with sequins on her face (left part), I think sequins were silver & red. She was right behind me in the after-concert queue, while waiting to see Mika. :teehee:

hmm, but didn't violet make the new design? :fisch: the brand may be not yours, but the rights for the logo should still lie with the person who originally made it, or did they have to sell that?

Violet didn't make the logo, it was made years ago (I'm guessing by Sunny Monkey). I just changed the colour of the "fan club" letters to the Mikasounds purple and we dropped it on a new website header (all the elements of which came from artwork/photos I believe are owned by Mika).

As far as I know everything tied to MFC was sold with the domain so that should include the logo.

I like the puppet (I must admit I thought I might.) Newcastle got a big thankyou for not being mean about it like Leeds was :naughty: I'm not sure the encore is the best time for Toy Boy though

But the people I've told that Mika reminded me of John Cleese and the Ministry of Silly Walks (Monty Python) at the start of one of his songs have known which song I meant!