REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Hammersmith Apollo, London FEB 28 2010

Fmbm

LOL I have called a LOT of people slags on this tour Sharon, you've missed a lot of dramaz. XD

And i was just watching my SITM video and he finished off with jazz hands...he was getting Jazzy! Made my life.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I have called a LOT of people slags on this tour Sharon, you've missed a lot of dramaz. XD

if only it wasnt for my husband and children i would have been there for a lot more gigs - sadly they wont allow me to go along to more :(

wish i had known about mika before i agreed to have kids :roftl:

if only it wasnt for my husband and children i would have been there for a lot more gigs - sadly they wont allow me to go along to more :(

But Mika will have a mahusive career and by the time the kids have flown the nest he'll still be rocking out so you'll get to see him lots anyway.

And you've probably still got your sanity intact too. Mine's long gone. :naughty:

Mika was amazing last night got 2nd row in the end which was really good and also all the people who where in the front row where really short so I could really easily see over them. There was only one bad thing and that was 2 really grumpy old women who one was about 60 other about 50 complaining that they where getting a little squashed but I mean that's what you get in the standing area. After being in the standing area for over 100 gigs you kind of get to know that. There should so be an age limit for the standing area. If your over 50 and know that you can't hack the standing area with people pushing and you getting a little squashed then go into the circle and don't just be grumpy and ruin it for the rest of us.

Sorry for the rant lol most over 50's are fine it was just these two inparticular. x

How bloody ageist and rude is that? There are plenty of grumpy people at gigs of ALL ages. And there are plenty of us older fans who would be a tad pissed off if we were banished to the circle!

I'm including everything, so if you only want to read about the concert itself, just find the tl;dr mark :bleh:

So, I got to the venue at about 2:15-2:30PM, and kind of awkwardly found myself a little gap to stand in on the left side. I had been expecting there to be a queue like the last time I'd seen Mika at Hammersmith, but everyone was taking shelter from the wet weather under both sides of the front of the building. There was a sea of unfamiliar faces, and I found myself wishing that I had some sort of technology that would cause everyone's usernames to float above their heads so I'd know who they were. :blush-anim-cl: Seeing as nothing was happening, I was really frickin' cold, and the fact that we weren't in a queue indicated to me that the order in which we came didn't matter (I would later be proven wrong on this), I went walking around for about 20 minutes. When I came back, there was a blond guy with a ponytail saying something inaudible about lining up, and it turned out we were gonna line up according to numbers. Seeing as I didn't have a number, and figured that this wouldn't matter much as they were usually just used to keep us in order anyway from my experience, I found a place that seemed appropriate for the time that I came, and all seemed good.

In the line, I chatted with Sumiko2 and Rachel (sorry, I forgot your username ^_^; ), who were both lovely, and Sumiko2 even gave me a chocolate doughnut! I never expected to get free food at a Mika concert :aah: I was shivering like crazy with the cold by this point, but good company always makes nasty weather more bearable.

Fast forward an hour or two, and suddenly a bunch of us were moving forward. It turned out, though, that they were only letting people with numbers into the building. The girl next to me, who said she was a member of the MFC (couldn't find your username, though, sorry - might have misheard it due to me being senile XD; ), was really angry about this as she'd been queueing for hours and so by rights should've been near the front, but the security man's explanation for this was, paraphrased, "Well, we have to do a little extra for the MFC members."

"Uh, I AM in the MFC!" she replied. There was nothing we could do, though. So we waited outside for a few more hours in the freezing cold and the rain, shivering our arses off, before the doors were opened to us lesser beings at last :bleh:

tl;dr The support act was Erik Hassle. I found his music didn't do much for me, as I felt his choruses tended to be weak and his music didn't sound that different to everything else I've ever heard. Still, he did have a few nice synth bits going there.

And then it was time for Mika. What a show! I love the whole 'movie' screen thing he's got going on in the background. The band's equipment apparently decided to go haywire and screw things up for them, but to be honest, I hardly noticed. I loved the juxtaposition of the lollipop girl and big girl outfits with the grotesque heads they had to wear, even if the LGs and BGs were on the stage for a little too long due to being so numerous. I also very much approved of the little 'bin orchestra' that the band had going on near the end. :naughty: The only slightly annoying thing was that despite getting a fairly decent place in the 3rd row, there were a bunch of tall people in front of me, so I had to keep ducking and diving in order to see anything.

Afterwards, I followed RAK1 and co. round the back before finding CazGirl and friends waiting for Mika to come out. It was some time before he actually came out, but when he did, I got a couple of pictures:

mikahammersmith280210-1.jpg

mikahammersmith280210-2.jpg

^ He's signing CazGirl's book here, which you can't see but oh well :aah:

He's bloody gorgeous in the flesh. =D (Not like you all didn't know that anyway!)

So then I went home, ate hummous and walnuts, misheard hilarious things while listening to

, and then went to bed. The end!

Many thanks to all who kept me company and gave me hearts and doughnuts, you all rock :wub2:

Hello :bye: Nice meeting you last night :thumb_yello:

Jazzy, Laurel and myself were lucky to get to meet Mika quickly after the show, John was sweet enough to do this, as we missed out last Thursday in Birmingham. It was very kind of Mika, as I'm sure he was shattered and I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd said no, in fact I honestly thought he would. But being the sweet guy that he is, he did this for us, and we are incredibly grateful.

Awww...he's a good pop star isn't he? :fangurl:

By my Twitter-friend

@tjhubbs @mikasounds http://twitpic.com/160brg - Last night at Hammersmith 28/02/2010 after the show

Wow he was actually there? I thought he lived in the US...? I wonder if he told Mika who he was. :naughty:

Fast forward an hour or two, and suddenly a bunch of us were moving forward. It turned out, though, that they were only letting people with numbers into the building. The girl next to me, who said she was a member of the MFC (couldn't find your username, though, sorry - might have misheard it due to me being senile XD; ), was really angry about this as she'd been queueing for hours and so by rights should've been near the front, but the security man's explanation for this was, paraphrased, "Well, we have to do a little extra for the MFC members."

"Uh, I AM in the MFC!" she replied. There was nothing we could do, though. So we waited outside for a few more hours in the freezing cold and the rain, shivering our arses off, before the doors were opened to us lesser beings at last :bleh:

Oh shame. :aah: Try to make yourself known to people at the head of the queue next time so that you can avoid situations like this. We never know when something is going to happen (on the US tour there were quite a few backstage meet and greets for MFCers and we had to round everyone up after the gig). If people know you are there (or better yet you have someone's mobile number) there's a much better chance you won't get excluded.

:roftl: I must have had a premonition about Mika because I made sure I didn't have any just in case. :teehee:

well anyway he claimed he didn't. he asked us when we entered his dressing room for the pic, who it was - strangely though, he asked while sara passed by him.

btw john got his book. he didn't look through it straight away though, so there's not much to report bout it really... but will do a little report in the john project thread when i get back home

pfft, am so tired, woke up at 6 and couldn't sleep anymore. but weather is nice+sunny today.

oh btw if i understood it correctly, mika said during the general m+g to 2 japanese fans that he'd be in japan in june, 3 cities iirc, tokyo was amongst them but don't remember the other 2 he mentioned.

didnt take many pix during the gigs, but statue of liberty took some fab ones. i filmed several whole songs though, think i got relax, big girl, my interpretation, blue eyes and touches you. oh and SITM (which was really funny again, he called jimmy+martin as*holes), but my battery died somewhere in between, so it's not the whole song. will upload when i'm home, wednesday i guess because first thing i'm doing when i get home is SLEEP, i have an incredible lack of that by now. :aah:

YAY!!! I hope he does do Japan... that means there might be a slight chance of him visiting Oz around the same time :teehee:

Thanks for your report!

WHAT A SHOW!!!

Despite all the problems, BG leg not inflating quick enough, Davids keyboards deciding not to work, I See You becoming No We Can't because the smoke machine went crazy, nearly choking the front row on Martins side, and the extended BG/LGprocession, Mika put on a storming show!

He did say that he needed our help at one stage, so we did what he asked of us, and I think he was, because he got down on his knees and bowed down to us. Not that he needed to, as we were totally up for it.

The queueing got a bit chaotic when we were inside, I think that was due to some languauge barrier, but mainly down to people wantig to push up the queue.

Now even if we didn't have the numbers system, the fact remains, if you get to a queue after some one else, whether it be a bus stop, bank, cinema, or concert, you stay behind them, it's common courtesy. It's not rocket science!

Jazzy, Laurel and myself were lucky to get to meet Mika quickly after the show, John was sweet enough to do this, as we missed out last Thursday in Birmingham. It was very kind of Mika, as I'm sure he was shattered and I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd said no, in fact I honestly thought he would. But being the sweet guy that he is, he did this for us, and we are incredibly grateful.

So roll on tonight!

Yaes Rose!

Mika was amazing last night got 2nd row in the end which was really good and also all the people who where in the front row where really short so I could really easily see over them. There was only one bad thing and that was 2 really grumpy old women who one was about 60 other about 50 complaining that they where getting a little squashed but I mean that's what you get in the standing area. After being in the standing area for over 100 gigs you kind of get to know that. There should so be an age limit for the standing area. If your over 50 and know that you can't hack the standing area with people pushing and you getting a little squashed then go into the circle and don't just be grumpy and ruin it for the rest of us.

Sorry for the rant lol most over 50's are fine it was just these two inparticular. x

I know people have commented already, but I totally disagree about an age limit on the standing area... and I'm nowhere near 50! :naughty:

I'd personally like all under 18s to be sitting up in the stalls cause I hate how they push and shove all the time, but I'm not going to say it cause I'm not like that! :bleh:

Basically, I don't care how old you are, there is no need to push and shove at a concert. Standing for hours is bad enough, but having people shoving you is no fun.

And yes, I know I'm generalising under 18s, but you were generalising 50 year olds and I know they wouldn't like it.

Oh, and welcome to MFC!! :naughty:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Mellody...you don't FORGET such important details:sneaky2:

Was it Osaka? Was it Fukuoka? Was it Nagoya? Kyoto? Sendai?

Jog that memory girl:wink2:

I'm almost as excited as you! Hope it's true!

How bloody ageist and rude is that? There are plenty of grumpy people at gigs of ALL ages. And there are plenty of us older fans who would be a tad pissed off if we were banished to the circle!

And plenty of us middlings would be pissed off to lose the oldlings in the crowd :wink2:

Oooh, and I can't remember who posted the link to their photos on facebook, but whoever you are, :thumb_yello: Those were awesome!

Edited by nico_collard

brazilian fan meet him and he told he will come to Brazil and latin america in October! I know we can't trust everything Mika says but this give me some hopes. :teehee:

thanks for the pics and reports!!! :huglove:

brazilian fan meet him and he told he will come to Brazil and latin america in October! I know we can't trust everything Mika says but this give me some hopes. :teehee:

Oh gawd I've got a conference in October. If he comes to NYC while I'm working I'm gonna freak out! :aah:

I hope you guys get your gig though. :thumb_yello:

Hi, it is Monie here, posting from Laurels account. Just wanna show you the pictue of us lollipop girls (I am at the right). We looked very cute here, that was quite different when we got the animal masks on :teehee:.

It was an amazing night, I even changed my flights to be able to be there tonight too. I am now flying at 6 am in order to be at school in Amsterdam at 9 am. So I will not sleep tonight. Makes me wonder how I will feel tomorrow at school :teehee:. It is worth it.

Monies037.jpg

that was me - no problem, happy to share :thumb_yello:

Of course, cause your name's Sharon :doh:

They really were good pics...

Really???? Geez, I hope so!!! That would be great to see him in South America!

Oh gawd I've got a conference in October. If he comes to NYC while I'm working I'm gonna freak out! :aah:

I hope you'll be able to sneak away from the conference to go to a gig :wink2:

I know there's been no mention of Aussie dates (and i probably should whinge at that :teehee:), but it makes me happy that there's mention of Mika going to places he's hardly toured in/nebver been to...

Hi, it is Monie here, posting from Laurels account. Just wanna show you the pictue of us lollipop girls (I am at the right). We looked very cute here, that was quite different when we got the animal masks on :teehee:.

It was an amazing night, I even changed my flights to be able to be there tonight too. I am now flying at 6 am in order to be at school in Amsterdam at 9 am. So I will not sleep tonight. Makes me wonder how I will feel tomorrow at school :teehee:. It is worth it.

Monies037.jpg

Awww Monie, you guys are sooooo cute! :wub2:

I hope you're not too tired at school tomorrow... if you are, curl up in a corner and have a nap.. .no-one will notice! :naughty:

latin america will probably be the last continent for the tour (like others bands and singers do with latin america :sneaky2:) so maybe he will come to north america in september ^^

latin america will probably be the last continent for the tour (like others bands and singers do with latin america :sneaky2:) so maybe he will come to north america in september ^^

Hmmmmmmm... maybe you're right.

Maybe he'll do Oz, North America then South America... *fingers crossed*

LOL! Me too! But Mika was only about 8 years old when I had my son

(he wasn't even born yet when I got married! :shocked: )

so I guess that wouldn't have done me much good then... :naughty:

Hmmm... Asia in June, South America in October... *calculates*

So maybe US in the September/October range... OK, I guess I can wait

that long... :insane:

You girls look fantastic! So cute! Thanks for sharing the photo! :wub2:

First off, I should probably apologise for joining, posting a tiny bit, then dissappearing...things have been a little crazy here and I haven't had much spare time, but we're getting back to normal now :)

So, last night...had a bit of chaos on the tube getting there (delays, closed escalators and corridors, long waits between trains) meaning I didn't get inside the venue til just before 8.

But after that, it was amazing! Managed to get just past halfway down and right in the middle so I had a pretty good view for much of the night and was far enough foward to have everyone around me dancing and singing along, rather than just standing (to the person who's foot I accidently jumped on, I'm really sorry!).

Mika and the band were even better than I was expecting, I don't think I've ever seen anyone put on such a good show (including Muse, and I'm a huge fan of them so Mika must have been good for me to say that! :aah:). Thought the songs sounded really powerful and I was impressed with the energy he kept up throughout. Also, that drum intro to Lollipop might just have been the single most impressive thing I've ever seen at a gig!

Left with very achey arms and a sore throat, but it was worth it and I just wish I was going again tonight!

Managed to get some pictures, they're not too great but thought I'd still share them

hat.jpg

feathercape.jpg

sing1.jpg

umbrella2.jpg

wholestage.jpg

I'm uploading some videos (better quality than the pictures) to youtube as well, I'll post them once they're all up :)

First off, I should probably apologise for joining, posting a tiny bit, then dissappearing...things have been a little crazy here and I haven't had much spare time, but we're getting back to normal now :)

So, last night...had a bit of chaos on the tube getting there (delays, closed escalators and corridors, long waits between trains) meaning I didn't get inside the venue til just before 8.

But after that, it was amazing! Managed to get just past halfway down and right in the middle so I had a pretty good view for much of the night and was far enough foward to have everyone around me dancing and singing along, rather than just standing (to the person who's foot I accidently jumped on, I'm really sorry!).

Mika and the band were even better than I was expecting, I don't think I've ever seen anyone put on such a good show (including Muse, and I'm a huge fan of them so Mika must have been good for me to say that! :aah:). Thought the songs sounded really powerful and I was impressed with the energy he kept up throughout. Also, that drum intro to Lollipop might just have been the single most impressive thing I've ever seen at a gig!

Left with very achey arms and a sore throat, but it was worth it and I just wish I was going again tonight!

Managed to get some pictures, they're not too great but thought I'd still share them

I'm uploading some videos (better quality than the pictures) to youtube as well, I'll post them once they're all up :)

thx for nice pics

can't wait to see the vids too:biggrin2:

VIDEO: I found out on YouTube.

Mika - Dr John (Live at HMV Apollo - Feb 28th)

Amazing quality :shocked:

Edited by Yuna
add