Fmbm

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG LAUREL I LOVE YOU.

Why do I look so ginger though? :roftl:

And I posted in here from my phone when I was in the cab, but the post has gone walkabouts. In a different thread perhaps, like what happened last time? Pssssht.

EDIT: Ended up in the pre-show chatter:

Omfg i forgot about ian mckellan - he said goodnight to me! Rose, laurel and i got to have a picture backstage cos we missed him in birmingham and he was so warm! Lovely! But gandalf was there and he said goodnight. I fangirled until mika came down and then i forgot.

Edited by Jazzy

OMG LAUREL I LOVE YOU.

Why do I look so ginger though? :roftl:

And I posted in here from my phone when I was in the cab, but the post has gone walkabouts. In a different thread perhaps, like what happened last time? Pssssht.

Omfg i forgot about ian mckellan - he said goodnight to me! Rose, laurel and i got to have a picture backstage cos we missed him in birmingham and he was so warm! Lovely! But gandalf was there and he said goodnight. I fangirled until mika came down and then i forgot.

oh yes,,, i saw that and i had replied to you that i was closing that thread so you could write your report here... didn't realise you were in a cab at the moment

Hilarious - the LGs & Bgs were doing a death stomp across the stage to a funereal beat - very well done - but they had 15 of them, so the last few ran out of stomping music - Mika was singing the intro to love today and being free with the rhythm, which made stomping difficult - and the tune kicked off before the BGs had finished, so he grabbed Sariflor ( who was last BG)and she was stuck like a lemon having to improvise

:lmfao:

*:bow:s at Mika*

i'm totally knackered but happy. greetings also from statue_of_liberty, we persuaded her to go also to the gig today instead just tomorrow and she didn't regret the decision. she'll write her report later this week.

like i wrote on twitter, i was a big girl - if you see pix, the one with the green corset and pink hat. there were 11 BGs and 4 LGs, mrs p was sooo lovely, she made sure everyone who applied could do it, they adjusted the costumes a bit so they'd fit us "small big girls".

all those backstage preparations were a fantastic experience, and we even got to see parts of the soundcheck. the bits on stage went by so fast that i hardly can remember anything. jimmy kneeled in front of me, and later tried to see who was under the mask but no idea whether he recognized me.

afterwards we quickly got to take a pic with mika (in 2 groups cause we were so many), but unfortunately ours was taken with the camera from a girl who won't come online until thursday. didn't really get to talk with him, it was rather a general "thank you" saying from both sides.

we got to watch the gig til dr john, i obviously wasnt at the front but well i can't agree with enigma, i thought mika indeed WAS on fire (statue_of_liberty thinks the same, and she was at the front.), it felt like a fantastic gig to me, although of course it was totally different to watch it from the back, in this uncomfortable corset.

he did my interpretation, i heard from someone that it was just because david's keyboards didn't work, so they had to improvise. a few things went wrong and from what M said at the m+g, he wasn't happy at all with that. well, i didn't notice from the back that anything went wrong, to me it definitely was a fantastic gig (the part i saw). and a fantastic experience (all the rest.)

off to bed now, need to be halfway awake tomorrow.

Bugger about David's keyboards... wonder what happened?

And yay for Jimmy!

Thanks for the report!

Promised Jazzy I'd post this straight away ... Monie also says Hi ... she was a Lollipop Girl :wub2:

Mika-Hammersmith024.jpg

Lovely pic!!!

I have vids of The March and Lollipop ... so all MFC'ers need not worry ... Oh and I have Sariflor being grabbed by Mika too :aah:

:lmfao:

Can't wait to see it!!!

haha that will teach her to keep calling his puppet ugly, bet he KNEW it was her..PAYBACK lol :wink2:

OMG you're right!!!! I bet it was too! :teehee:

Awwww yay! Bet it was exciting seeing Ian McKellen! :wub2:

Awwwww!!! that's just sooo amazing...man, I'm sorry I couldn't be there. sooooo frustrating. but it's so great to read all your stories....:aah:

haha that will teach her to keep calling his puppet ugly, bet he KNEW it was her..PAYBACK lol :wink2:

well anyway he claimed he didn't. :naughty: he asked us when we entered his dressing room for the pic, who it was - strangely though, he asked while sara passed by him. :lmfao:

btw john got his book. :biggrin2: he didn't look through it straight away though, so there's not much to report bout it really... but will do a little report in the john project thread when i get back home

pfft, am so tired, woke up at 6 and couldn't sleep anymore. but weather is nice+sunny today. :biggrin2:

oh btw if i understood it correctly, mika said during the general m+g to 2 japanese fans that he'd be in japan in june, 3 cities iirc, tokyo was amongst them but don't remember the other 2 he mentioned.

didnt take many pix during the gigs, but statue of liberty took some fab ones. i filmed several whole songs though, think i got relax, big girl, my interpretation, blue eyes and touches you. oh and SITM (which was really funny again, he called jimmy+martin as*holes. :naughty:), but my battery died somewhere in between, so it's not the whole song. will upload when i'm home, wednesday i guess because first thing i'm doing when i get home is SLEEP, i have an incredible lack of that by now. :aah:

WHAT A SHOW!!!

Despite all the problems, BG leg not inflating quick enough, Davids keyboards deciding not to work, I See You becoming No We Can't because the smoke machine went crazy, nearly choking the front row on Martins side, and the extended BG/LGprocession, Mika put on a storming show!

He did say that he needed our help at one stage, so we did what he asked of us, and I think he was, because he got down on his knees and bowed down to us. Not that he needed to, as we were totally up for it.

The queueing got a bit chaotic when we were inside, I think that was due to some languauge barrier, but mainly down to people wantig to push up the queue.

Now even if we didn't have the numbers system, the fact remains, if you get to a queue after some one else, whether it be a bus stop, bank, cinema, or concert, you stay behind them, it's common courtesy. It's not rocket science!

Jazzy, Laurel and myself were lucky to get to meet Mika quickly after the show, John was sweet enough to do this, as we missed out last Thursday in Birmingham. It was very kind of Mika, as I'm sure he was shattered and I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd said no, in fact I honestly thought he would. But being the sweet guy that he is, he did this for us, and we are incredibly grateful.

So roll on tonight!

Edited by RAK1

Promised Jazzy I'd post this straight away ... Monie also says Hi ... she was a Lollipop Girl :wub2:

Mika-Hammersmith024.jpg

Well i'm so thrilled you guys got to get your photo as you missed out at Brum!

What a fab pic!!!

I had to check this before going off to work!!:aah:

Well done everyone!!:wub2:

Hope to see Monie etc in picutre too x

WHAT A SHOW!!!

Despite all the problems, BG leg not inflating quick enough, Davids keyboards deciding not to work, I See You becoming No We Can't because the smoke machine went crazy, nearly choking the front row on Martins side, and the extended BG/LGprocession, Mika put on a storming show!

He did say that he needed our help at one stage, so we did what he asked of us, and I think he was, because he got down on his knees and bowed down to us. Not that he needed to, as we were totally up for it.

The queueing got a bit chaotic when we were inside, I think that was due to some languauge barrier, but mainly down to people wantig to push up the queue.

Now even if we didn't have the numbers system, the fact remains, if you get to a queue after some one else, whether it be a bus stop, bank, cinema, or concert, you stay behind them, it's common courtesy. It's not rocket science!

Jazzy, Laurel and myself were lucky to get to meet Mika quickly after the show, John was sweet enough to do this, as we missed out last Thursday in Birmingham. It was very kind of Mika, as I'm sure he was shattered and I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd said no, in fact I honestly thought he would. But being the sweet guy that he is, he did this for us, and we are incredibly grateful.

So roll on tonight!

so glad it was a great gig apart from some queing matter!:aah:

So nice of Mika to say Yes to you all, he really does do so much for his fans that guy!:wub2: Have more fun tonite lucky ones!!!

:shocked:

well anyway he claimed he didn't. :naughty: he asked us when we entered his dressing room for the pic, who it was - strangely though, he asked while sara passed by him. :lmfao:

btw john got his book. :biggrin2: he didn't look through it straight away though, so there's not much to report bout it really... but will do a little report in the john project thread when i get back home

pfft, am so tired, woke up at 6 and couldn't sleep anymore. but weather is nice+sunny today. :biggrin2:

oh btw if i understood it correctly, mika said during the general m+g to 2 japanese fans that he'd be in japan in june, 3 cities iirc, tokyo was amongst them but don't remember the other 2 he mentioned.

didnt take many pix during the gigs, but statue of liberty took some fab ones. i filmed several whole songs though, think i got relax, big girl, my interpretation, blue eyes and touches you. oh and SITM (which was really funny again, he called jimmy+martin as*holes. :naughty:), but my battery died somewhere in between, so it's not the whole song. will upload when i'm home, wednesday i guess because first thing i'm doing when i get home is SLEEP, i have an incredible lack of that by now. :aah:

:shocked:

OMG thank you so much !!!!!!!

Mika was amazing last night got 2nd row in the end which was really good and also all the people who where in the front row where really short so I could really easily see over them. There was only one bad thing and that was 2 really grumpy old women who one was about 60 other about 50 complaining that they where getting a little squashed but I mean that's what you get in the standing area. After being in the standing area for over 100 gigs you kind of get to know that. There should so be an age limit for the standing area. If your over 50 and know that you can't hack the standing area with people pushing and you getting a little squashed then go into the circle and don't just be grumpy and ruin it for the rest of us.

Sorry for the rant lol most over 50's are fine it was just these two inparticular. x

we got to watch the gig til dr john, i obviously wasnt at the front but well i can't agree with enigma, i thought mika indeed WAS on fire (statue_of_liberty thinks the same, and she was at the front. :bleh:), it felt like a fantastic gig to me, although of course it was totally different to watch it from the back, in this uncomfortable corset. :naughty:

he did my interpretation, i heard from someone that it was just because david's keyboards didn't work, so they had to improvise. a few things went wrong and from what M said at the m+g, he wasn't happy at all with that. well, i didn't notice from the back that anything went wrong, to me it definitely was a fantastic gig (the part i saw :naughty:). and a fantastic experience (all the rest. :bleh:)

off to bed now, need to be halfway awake tomorrow. :rolls_eyes:

totally agreed!! that was my first ever mika gig and i loved it!

i'm completely shattered, and my throat is red raw from screaming soo much but i want to do it again and again and again...

will write a better report on it a bit later when i am a lil more awake!!

xx

I was there last night. Mika was as fab as ever! I had seats in the circle as I took my children with me. It was a really good view from up there - it was nice to actually be able to see the whole stage which you don't often get when standing! My 10 yr old loved it! The 12yr old seemed to enjoy it although at the age where he wouldn't want to admit to that. They're both boys and it was their first proper concert.

I didn't really notice the technical issues from upstairs, maybe it was more obvious downstairs.

I've got standing tickets for Brighton - will no doubt be looking at back of someone's head there, but at least I've seen it now, and I can just soak up the atmosphere in the thick of it!

Guest mrs mika

i was in 3rd row and i was so pushed it made me feel like going at one point. but then i just had a row was going 2 hit her but then whats the point. dont think she was on mfc but everything else was ok same set out as the other gigs but it was good to see him. starting Qing at 6 good going being in the 3rd row. just being pushed made was the only thing but didnt give up the fight :roftl:

katie 'kt4mika'

:biggrin2:

:shocked::shocked::shocked:

Mellody...you don't FORGET such important details:sneaky2:

Was it Osaka? Was it Fukuoka? Was it Nagoya? Kyoto? Sendai?

Jog that memory girl:wink2:

Mika was amazing last night got 2nd row in the end which was really good and also all the people who where in the front row where really short so I could really easily see over them. There was only one bad thing and that was 2 really grumpy old women who one was about 60 other about 50 complaining that they where getting a little squashed but I mean that's what you get in the standing area. After being in the standing area for over 100 gigs you kind of get to know that. There should so be an age limit for the standing area. If your over 50 and know that you can't hack the standing area with people pushing and you getting a little squashed then go into the circle and don't just be grumpy and ruin it for the rest of us.

Sorry for the rant lol most over 50's are fine it was just these two inparticular. x

OMG!!! They must have been waaaay to old to be down in the standing:aah:

I'm including everything, so if you only want to read about the concert itself, just find the tl;dr mark :bleh:

So, I got to the venue at about 2:15-2:30PM, and kind of awkwardly found myself a little gap to stand in on the left side. I had been expecting there to be a queue like the last time I'd seen Mika at Hammersmith, but everyone was taking shelter from the wet weather under both sides of the front of the building. There was a sea of unfamiliar faces, and I found myself wishing that I had some sort of technology that would cause everyone's usernames to float above their heads so I'd know who they were. :blush-anim-cl: Seeing as nothing was happening, I was really frickin' cold, and the fact that we weren't in a queue indicated to me that the order in which we came didn't matter (I would later be proven wrong on this), I went walking around for about 20 minutes. When I came back, there was a blond guy with a ponytail saying something inaudible about lining up, and it turned out we were gonna line up according to numbers. Seeing as I didn't have a number, and figured that this wouldn't matter much as they were usually just used to keep us in order anyway from my experience, I found a place that seemed appropriate for the time that I came, and all seemed good.

In the line, I chatted with Sumiko2 and Rachel (sorry, I forgot your username ^_^; ), who were both lovely, and Sumiko2 even gave me a chocolate doughnut! I never expected to get free food at a Mika concert :aah: I was shivering like crazy with the cold by this point, but good company always makes nasty weather more bearable.

Fast forward an hour or two, and suddenly a bunch of us were moving forward. It turned out, though, that they were only letting people with numbers into the building. The girl next to me, who said she was a member of the MFC (couldn't find your username, though, sorry - might have misheard it due to me being senile XD; ), was really angry about this as she'd been queueing for hours and so by rights should've been near the front, but the security man's explanation for this was, paraphrased, "Well, we have to do a little extra for the MFC members."

"Uh, I AM in the MFC!" she replied. There was nothing we could do, though. So we waited outside for a few more hours in the freezing cold and the rain, shivering our arses off, before the doors were opened to us lesser beings at last :bleh:

tl;dr The support act was Erik Hassle. I found his music didn't do much for me, as I felt his choruses tended to be weak and his music didn't sound that different to everything else I've ever heard. Still, he did have a few nice synth bits going there.

And then it was time for Mika. What a show! I love the whole 'movie' screen thing he's got going on in the background. The band's equipment apparently decided to go haywire and screw things up for them, but to be honest, I hardly noticed. I loved the juxtaposition of the lollipop girl and big girl outfits with the grotesque heads they had to wear, even if the LGs and BGs were on the stage for a little too long due to being so numerous. I also very much approved of the little 'bin orchestra' that the band had going on near the end. :naughty: The only slightly annoying thing was that despite getting a fairly decent place in the 3rd row, there were a bunch of tall people in front of me, so I had to keep ducking and diving in order to see anything.

Afterwards, I followed RAK1 and co. round the back before finding CazGirl and friends waiting for Mika to come out. It was some time before he actually came out, but when he did, I got a couple of pictures:

mikahammersmith280210-1.jpg

mikahammersmith280210-2.jpg

^ He's signing CazGirl's book here, which you can't see but oh well :aah:

He's bloody gorgeous in the flesh. =D (Not like you all didn't know that anyway!)

So then I went home, ate hummous and walnuts, misheard hilarious things while listening to

, and then went to bed. The end!

Many thanks to all who kept me company and gave me hearts and doughnuts, you all rock :wub2:

My photos from last night - unfortunately when uploading to FB the order has become mixed up, i have managed to move some around though

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=161105&id=666671765&l=52b6b948b6

My report:

I was going with 3 friends, and I had always hoped/intended to start queuing from around lunchtime, but none of them wanted to do so, so we ended up arriving at 4ish. Was pleasantly surprised to see that the queue wasnt _that_ big in front of us, though was rather jealous of the MFCers in front who managed to get to queue inside the foyer (so missed the massive rainfall at about 6pm).

Was surprised by all the pushing and shoving that took place once we were inside, loved Jazzy calling people slags for trying to push past us all ;)

Got inside and bagged 3rd row position at far left of stage. Was a really good view for most of the concert, though people in front were wearing sparkly red hats which sometimes obscured the view.

Thought the gig was amazing - lots of eye contact throughout, very energetic performances, beautiful singing, as always. Couldnt work out what the technical problems were, thought it was all mindblowing.

Best bit for me though was at the end he threw his drumstick to me - i had signalled to him that i wanted it, and he looked, smiled and threw it. Sadly my friends didnt want to wait for meet and greet so i didnt stay to get it signed :(

Have got some videos uploading on youtube, including one of Sariflor as a big girl dancing with Mika