REPORTS/PICS/VIDS: Mika @ Hammersmith Apollo, London FEB 28 2010

Fmbm

brazilian fan meet him and he told he will come to Brazil and latin america in October! I know we can't trust everything Mika says but this give me some hopes. :teehee:

thanks for the pics and reports!!! :huglove:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU'VE MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :swoon:

I'm gonna faint!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

I still can't believe it!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had fun yesterday... I have never seen so many problems during one show before but he handled it well, though he didn't seem to be so pleased. But he did well and I really enjoyd the gig. I filmed most songs, I will upload them later. Now queueing for tonight show.

thanks for all the reports, and pics!!!! they're really lovely!!:wub2: I'm happy you had a beautiful time!!!:naughty:

and thanks for the videos! I can see "my interpretation"" :swoon: my favourite Mika's song ever!!!!!!!!! :clap:

:flowers2:

well anyway he claimed he didn't. :naughty: he asked us when we entered his dressing room for the pic, who it was - strangely though, he asked while sara passed by him. :lmfao:

btw john got his book. :biggrin2: he didn't look through it straight away though, so there's not much to report bout it really... but will do a little report in the john project thread when i get back home

pfft, am so tired, woke up at 6 and couldn't sleep anymore. but weather is nice+sunny today. :biggrin2:

oh btw if i understood it correctly, mika said during the general m+g to 2 japanese fans that he'd be in japan in june, 3 cities iirc, tokyo was amongst them but don't remember the other 2 he mentioned.

didnt take many pix during the gigs, but statue of liberty took some fab ones. i filmed several whole songs though, think i got relax, big girl, my interpretation, blue eyes and touches you. oh and SITM (which was really funny again, he called jimmy+martin as*holes. :naughty:), but my battery died somewhere in between, so it's not the whole song. will upload when i'm home, wednesday i guess because first thing i'm doing when i get home is SLEEP, i have an incredible lack of that by now. :aah:

Thanks for posting and for catching that bit about his tour in Japan:flowers2: Totally made my day (which is almost over)!!

VIDEO: I found out on YouTube.

Mika - Dr John (Live at HMV Apollo - Feb 28th)

I filmed that.

Not going to talk about the gig much. I thought Mika was fantastic as always but the entire night was ruined for me by the MFC. I have gone to 100s of gigs in the past from the biggest artists in the world at arenas to small bands at tiny clubs. The night before Mika I was at the o2 arena for Gaga and guess what... there was no numbering system. When people arrived later than others, no one batted an eyelid or caused an argument when they skipped past people in the queue to stand with their friends because there is such a thing as human decency. Lets compare that to Mika's fans, shall we?

I'm sorry to say this (and it is definitely not true of all of you) but you guys are the worst fans of any artist in the world. You guys are selfish, pedantic and think you have a bigger right of being there than other people. Guess what guys? We are ALL Mika fans. The fact you paid a stupid amount of money to come here from another country does not change that. Whether you live next door to the venue or the other side of the ocean, we all have the same right and expect the same level of enjoyment? But you guys manage to ruin peoples enjoyment including me. And no, this isn't just me. When I raised a point about it in the venue last night, people were backing me up and agreeing with it.

You guys actually expect someone who arrives later than their friend to queue on their own and spend the entire gig on their own because of your precious numberng system? How selfish and heartless is that? If I can see the biggest artist in the world the day before and find there is no numbering system in place yet there is no one pushing and everyone walking in calmly. Compare that to Mika where you guys would quite happily kill someone else if it meant you could get in the front row.

I await the abuse, the predictable comments of "But John supports the numbering system" but I honestly couldn't care less. I have been going to Mika gigs before most of you lot had even heard of him. The first year of gigs was amazing. The queues were a lot of fun and that is how I made friends with some of you here. From last year that all changed. I was actually dreading yesterdays gig before I'd even got there solely down to the fans. I have a ticket for the Brighton gig on Wednesday but I'll happily waste the money so I don't have to spend another night with some of the vilest people I have ever met. Again, this isn't all of you but I'm wondering if its a minority of you or the majority?

To conclude, I'd like to thank you for ruining one of my favourite artists for me. I don't think I will ever go to another Mika gig again.

I filmed that.

Not going to talk about the gig much. I thought Mika was fantastic as always but the entire night was ruined for me by the MFC. I have gone to 100s of gigs in the past from the biggest artists in the world at arenas to small bands at tiny clubs. The night before Mika I was at the o2 arena for Gaga and guess what... there was no numbering system. When people arrived later than others, no one batted an eyelid or caused an argument when they skipped past people in the queue to stand with their friends because there is such a thing as human decency. Lets compare that to Mika's fans, shall we?

I'm sorry to say this (and it is definitely not true of all of you) but you guys are the worst fans of any artist in the world. You guys are selfish, pedantic and think you have a bigger right of being there than other people. Guess what guys? We are ALL Mika fans. The fact you paid a stupid amount of money to come here from another country does not change that. Whether you live next door to the venue or the other side of the ocean, we all have the same right and expect the same level of enjoyment? But you guys manage to ruin peoples enjoyment including me. And no, this isn't just me. When I raised a point about it in the venue last night, people were backing me up and agreeing with it.

You guys actually expect someone who arrives later than their friend to queue on their own and spend the entire gig on their own because of your precious numberng system? How selfish and heartless is that? If I can see the biggest artist in the world the day before and find there is no numbering system in place yet there is no one pushing and everyone walking in calmly. Compare that to Mika where you guys would quite happily kill someone else if it meant you could get in the front row.

I await the abuse, the predictable comments of "But John supports the numbering system" but I honestly couldn't care less. I have been going to Mika gigs before most of you lot had even heard of him. The first year of gigs was amazing. The queues were a lot of fun and that is how I made friends with some of you here. From last year that all changed. I was actually dreading yesterdays gig before I'd even got there solely down to the fans. I have a ticket for the Brighton gig on Wednesday but I'll happily waste the money so I don't have to spend another night with some of the vilest people I have ever met. Again, this isn't all of you but I'm wondering if its a minority of you or the majority?

To conclude, I'd like to thank you for ruining one of my favourite artists for me. I don't think I will ever go to another Mika gig again.

Shame .. I think you attacked some MFCers a little hard here , there are only a couple of Mika fans I would call "vile" and we banned them ..

I wasnt there ..so its unfair to comment , apart to say I was SUCH a skeptic of that numbering system .. big style and it have me the fear , after helping to run it in Leeds and seeing it in Newcastle ... I think it works ok .. if its dealt with in a civil manner :thumb_yello:

No other artist in the world has a numbering system. Most people just queue. I've found as well that people can get a number then disappear for a few hours and come back expecting to be back where they were. It doesn't work but the MFCers are too stubborn to accept that. The way its going Mika gigs will be full of MFCers and nobody else at all.

Fantastic night to finish off a fantastic weekend (we saw Lady Gaga at the O2 on Saturday night)

We arrived at about 1.15 and got numbers 66 & 67 in the queue, then got the chairs out of the car and prepared for the long cold wait for the doors to open at 7.00 (and it was cold......VERY COLD)

After a while John came out and told us that once the staff arrive at around 4.00 he had arranged for those MFC'ers who had been there the longest to queue inside for the last few hours. As it turned out the staff didn't let us in until nearer 5.00 o'clock but it was certainly appreciated. We soon warmed up once inside and it was lovely to be able to sit on the floor and chat amongst ourselves. It also gave us a chance to see the Big Girls and Lollypop Girls being put through their paces through the inner doors. I'm not sure how much credit John gets on here for what he does for us all but I have to say I for one feel very lucky to have someone so thoughtful looking out for us.

At about 6.40 we attempted to line up in number order before being allowed to go through to the next doors, pretty sure the order wasn't quite right but once we went through it turned into a wide queue at the next doors which was more of a free for all, so the numbers were pretty much out of the window by now as the queue was as wide as it was deep. We stood behind 4 girls on the left hand side and luckily the member of staff checked our tickets while we were waiting so once the doors opened he let us straight though. We followed Rose and headed for the left hand side of the front row and managed to get a really good spot. Given the fact we were numbers 66 and 67 we didn't expect to get front row but I guess this makes up for Brighton when we were about the 6th to arrive but ended up around row 10.....call it karma.

The gig itself was amazing, MIKA's voice is stronger than ever, with so signs of strain from what must be an intensive tour for him. Don't know what it was but he seemed to really have a twinkle in his eye last night and was really going for it. He made reference to the technical problems and thanked the audience to just going with the flow and being supportive. I thought the crowd was amazing last night, I looked over my shoulder in Billy Brown and I think every single arm was waving....quite a sight.

Once the show was over we made our way to the M&G line as some of you will know we had a little gift we have been trying to give to MIKA but missed him at the Alan Carr show.

We call him Minimika.....

21kmjva.jpg

1ihj51.jpg

jk920y.jpg

2nk19ad.jpg

Success !!! we managed to give it to him and he loved it, Jules noticed someone was filming his reaction when he got it so if it was an MFC'er and they are reading this, please could you upload the clip, we'd love to see it.

BIG thank you to everyone in the queue before and after the show who helped to make our evening so special, we thought Gaga would take some beating but our Sunday night was even better than the Saturday.

Totally awesome weekend (now to catch up on some sleep)

Fantastic night to finish off a fantastic weekend (we saw Lady Gaga at the O2 on Saturday night)

We arrived at about 1.15 and got numbers 66 & 67 in the queue, then got the chairs out of the car and prepared for the long cold wait for the doors to open at 7.00 (and it was cold......VERY COLD)

After a while John came out and told us that once the staff arrive at around 4.00 he had arranged for those MFC'ers who had been there the longest to queue inside for the last few hours. As it turned out the staff didn't let us in until nearer 5.00 o'clock but it was certainly appreciated. We soon warmed up once inside and it was lovely to be able to sit on the floor and chat amongst ourselves. It also gave us a chance to see the Big Girls and Lollypop Girls being put through their paces through the inner doors. I'm not sure how much credit John gets on here for what he does for us all but I have to say I for one feel very lucky to have someone so thoughtful looking out for us.

At about 6.40 we attempted to line up in number order before being allowed to go through to the next doors, pretty sure the order wasn't quite right but once we went through it turned into a wide queue at the next doors which was more of a free for all, so the numbers were pretty much out of the window by now as the queue was as wide as it was deep. We stood behind 4 girls on the left hand side and luckily the member of staff checked our tickets while we were waiting so once the doors opened he let us straight though. We followed Rose and headed for the left hand side of the front row and managed to get a really good spot. Given the fact we were numbers 66 and 67 we didn't expect to get front row but I guess this makes up for Brighton when we were about the 6th to arrive but ended up around row 10.....call it karma.

The gig itself was amazing, MIKA's voice is stronger than ever, with so signs of strain from what must be an intensive tour for him. Don't know what it was but he seemed to really have a twinkle in his eye last night and was really going for it. He made reference to the technical problems and thanked the audience to just going with the flow and being supportive. I thought the crowd was amazing last night, I looked over my shoulder in Billy Brown and I think every single arm was waving....quite a sight.

Once the show was over we made our way to the M&G line as some of you will know we had a little gift we have been trying to give to MIKA but missed him at the Alan Carr show.

http://i45.tinypic.com/21kmjva.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/1ihj51.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/jk920y.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2nk19ad.jpg

Success !!! we managed to give it to him and he loved it, Jules noticed someone was filming his reaction when he got it so if it was an MFC'er and they are reading this, please could you upload the clip, we'd love to see it.

BIG thank you to everyone in the queue before and after the show who helped to make our evening so special, we thought Gaga would take some beating but our Sunday night was even better than the Saturday.

Totally awesome weekend (now to catch up on some sleep)

Awesome report and idd John is AMAZING! I'm glad you got to give him the gift now, I'm sure he loved it. It looks great :thumb_yello:

I HAD SUCH A GREAT NIGHT!

The best part was that i was sitting right next to mika's brother: Fortune!

there were some girls too and i think mika's dad but im not sure:thumb_yello:

OH AND I SPOKE TO HIM!!! AAAAH!:roftl::roftl:

oh daz, don't be so cruel to us!:shocked:

as i told you yesterday, we are not the Police, you can do what you want and i'm sure you got a good spot yesterday, and you would get that anyway even taking a high number.

we only want to be helpful to the fans who arrive very early and expect a good spot for their effort.

then, everybody can do what they want, take a number or not, push or not push, it's only about FUN.

but you cannot deny us the chance to help our fans.

John helps us because we help ourselves in the first place, and try to be fair to everybody.

i'm sure you can have a good spot with your friends even if you take a higher number and, most of all, you can move in the queue and chat and go back to your place when it's time to enter...then happen what happens, we know that. front row is what urges ppl more, the rest goes how it goes, more fairly or less...we know it's a gig after all:wink2:

and...only mfcers??? hey, yesterday the venue was full!

Edited by robertina

21kmjva.jpg

1ihj51.jpg

jk920y.jpg

2nk19ad.jpg

Totally awesome weekend (now to catch up on some sleep)[/size]

How delightful :wub2:! Did you do this little sweet Mika?

as i told you yesterday, we are not the Police, you can do what you want and i'm sure you got a good spot yesterday, and you would get that anyway even taking a high number.

we only want to be helpful to the fans who arrive very early and expect a good spot for their effort.

then, everybody can do what they want, take a number or not, push or not push, it's only about FUN.

John helps us because we help ourselves in the first place, and try to be fair to everybody.

i'm sure you can have a good spot with your friends even if you take a higher number and, most of all, you can move in the queue and chat and go back to your place when it's time to enter...then happen what happens, we know that. front row is what urges ppl more, the rest goes how it goes, more fairly or less...we know it's a gig after all:wink2:

I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks, Robi! :thumb_yello:

This was my first ever mika concert and he certainly didnt let anyone down. i cant describe how amazing it was and i have lots of videos on my phone, will try to upload them if i can.

didnt notice any technical difficulties but i was in the seating area( even though there was no way i was gonna sit down)

the best songs were.... all of them!

i took my cousin and she enjoyed it, even though she wasnt a big mika fan before. but i had the best night ever and am already looking forward to the next one!

I HAD SUCH A GREAT NIGHT!

The best part was that i was sitting right next to mika's brother: Fortune!

there were some girls too and i think mika's dad but im not sure:thumb_yello:

OH AND I SPOKE TO HIM!!! AAAAH!:roftl::roftl:

did he know you knew who he was?

When I see complaints that MFCers have borrowed all the best places then I begin to imagine hundreds MFCers emerges, infest with themselves all front ranks... It's funny picture

Really funny. drop everything and everything and immediately rush to be before all!. I would make so. And do not complain of true Mikafans. If I could be in city of Mika's gig ! I would be at the input... at any weather... and would not budge from my place

VIDEO: I found out on YouTube.

Mika - Dr John (Live at HMV Apollo - Feb 28th)

wow, that's fabulous! so are the pics and vidsso far, thanks guys for uploading!

for my first gig, it was amazing! i never thought (stupid i know) that i could scream that loud, jump that long and sing/ shout that length of time as well as clap, and attempt to dance in a space of the size of a stamp!!

i wanted to appologise to the people standing around me (i was in a green shirt with buttons and beads sewn on and the long socks over my jeans, and also the side bunches) if i made you deaf with screaming to much, or if i bruised you when we all jumped around through Love Today!!

he said there were techniqual difficulties and didn't seem to happy, but from where i was standing, maybe about 8/9 rows back, i never noticed, it wasn't for the fact the 'bandits' came on stage to fiddle with the keyboards David was on, that i really noticed. but to be honest, when he asked for help, what were we gonna say, 'nope, we don't wanna?'!! course we helped, it was soo much fun!

in brief, it was the bedroom party i pictured in my head, all that was missing was a hair brush to sing into! my throat hurt soo much yesterday and it still is pretty raw today, and i don't think i've managed to stop smiling!

i cannot wait until i get to see him again, and see him in the flesh (which was another reason i felt soo good. pictures really don't do him justice huh?) and i hope we hear what festivals he is doing this year, i'm soo going!! lolz

anyways, sorry to have waffled on for a whole heap, i can't get the words to come out right!!! hope everyone who sees the rest of the tour in the UK and Europe enjoy it just as much as me and my mum did last night, it was truely the best night of my life, and will be pretty hard pushed to ever top it!!

xx

Lors de son concert londonien du dimanche 28 février, Mika a assuré le show comme une bête... de scène !

Il a le diable au corps, et c'est peu dire ! Lors de son dernier concert, dimanche 28 février à Londres, Mika s'est lâché comme jamais. Quasi en transe, le chanteur s'est livré à des contorsions extrêmes et à des mimiques impossibles, comme s'il était possédé ! Par chance, son slim ultra-moulant empêchait largement tout démon de prendre place à l'intérieur, alors que l'interprète de Relax faisait simplement corps avec ses chansons.

Tout comme dans son dernier clip où il fait preuve d'une énergie débordante , Mika a donné de sa personne sur scène, ne se souciant ni du ridicule, ni de la fatigue. Pourtant, après une telle prestation, on doute que le britannique d'origine libanaise doit être complètement vidé. Espérons qu'il passe par un sas de décompression entre-temps, pour exorciser sa frénésie... et reprendre ses esprits !

http://people.premiere.fr/Photos-people/PHOTOS-Mika-completement-en-transe-a-son-concert-londonien/(gid)/2232047

--------------

Il a la fièvre !

18495317.png

Qui va craquer en premier, les cordes vocales ou le slim ?

23089260.png

Aïe, ça fait mal, les cheveux !

69410540.png

Freddie Mercury, sors de ce corps !

91766986.png

Les baskets à paillettes, so cute !

14937382.png

Proche du septième ciel ?

95256652.png

omg! it was absaloutly amazing!!! the set design was beautiful, such a brilliant idea! my dad videoed most of it so ill post it later. the worst thing about the night for me was the fact that i was dressed quite strangesly thinking everyone else would be :aah: i was wearing a black mika t-shirt, grey and black trousers, sparkly silver shoes, a blue hoodie for some of it and a grey pinstripe trilby hat - i was getting some funny looks lol :roftl: We are golden was brilliant, that and touches you are probably my 2 favourite songs from last night!

http://people.premiere.fr/Photos-people/PHOTOS-Mika-completement-en-transe-a-son-concert-londonien/(gid)/2232047

--------------

Il a la fièvre !

18495317.png

Qui va craquer en premier, les cordes vocales ou le slim ?

23089260.png

Aïe, ça fait mal, les cheveux !

69410540.png

Freddie Mercury, sors de ce corps !

91766986.png

Les baskets à paillettes, so cute !

14937382.png

Proche du septième ciel ?

95256652.png

thanks for those pics droopsy! they're great!!

Sam4god, i don't know i'm afraid, possibly at the back door??? :dunno:

xx

We are ALL Mika fans. The fact you paid a stupid amount of money to come here from another country does not change that.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. :huglove: And I agree that we're all Mika fans. :punk: I don't even feel a tiny bit special for spending a lot of money to go his gigs abroad, because this is my choice. I wish everybody had the same opinion.

Please, don't stop attending his gigs. :no:

Shame .. I think you attacked some MFCers a little hard here , there are only a couple of Mika fans I would call "vile" and we banned them ..

I wasnt there ..so its unfair to comment , apart to say I was SUCH a skeptic of that numbering system .. big style and it have me the fear , after helping to run it in Leeds and seeing it in Newcastle ... I think it works ok .. if its dealt with in a civil manner :thumb_yello:

:shocked:

I was actually treated in a vile manner by people who are still members of MFC! I guess it's just a matter of points of view! :sneaky2: