REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Huxley's: Berlin, Germany - March 24, 2010

Fmbm

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry no time now to prepare + upload all my pix, so for a start i uploaded only the shirtless ones, and one from the m+g... more when i have time. :wink2:

IMG_9882.jpg

IMG_9884.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

Oh hai dere :swoon:

Christine, Mika does not need to pull up his pants :teehee:

To me, the best part was Over My Shoulder. After Little Noise I would have never thought he can ever pull it off so well at a ’normal’, non-acoustic gig…but he has done it. I watched the performance from Oslo and I loved it but hearing it live was just so.....different.

I like how it starts with his voice and the keyboards in the background only and then he continues on the piano with the other voice added soon after… This gradual build-up makes the whole performance much more exciting and dynamic. I also loved what he said about the song before he started. He said that writing this song at the age of 16 made all the difference for him since this one no longer consisted of the same chords he was using until then, and also, it suited his voice best… (I can’t but agree.) Also, I wonder if it’s just me who thinks that his voice sounds way better in this one then when he was singing it in 2007 and 2008… I call it his voice ’maturing’ but it might also have to do with him becoming more confident in performing. I first noticed it when he sang LJ and OMS at Little Noise. At first I thought it was due to the circumstances of the gig and that he cannot replicate such performances at regular gigs but he obviously can.

I couldn't believe how amazing Over My Shoulder sounded when he first did it in Oslo - I was so elated to have the chance to hear it again after the acoustic tour. It's on a completely different plane from the rest of his show - I mean, compare it to We Are Golden, for example. It's not remotely what he's known for, and is obviously nothing like his singles. And yet I'm with you in that it's definitely a gig highlight for me. It really underscores what an absolutely phenomenal voice he has - something that you don't necessarily hear when he's bouncing all over the stage to Love Today or Lollipop. The studio version just does not do it justice compared to how strong his voice is and how it just resonates live. I hope he understands just what a treat it is for us to hear that song and how much it's appreciated, despite the fact there's always at least a few people who insist on chattering throughout it.

he also said that the puppet maker was instructed to create a puppet that looked like him and added that the puppet turning out like that was the evidence that the person did not like him. in case it is difficult to understand, let me translate: he also thinks that the puppet is ugly :naughty: )

:lmfao:

Poor puppet. Sorry Mika, I'm sure he's lovely but your puppet looks sorta like a zombie. Glad he's come round to our way of thinking. :naughty:

sorry no time now to prepare + upload all my pix, so for a start i uploaded only the shirtless ones, and one from the m+g... more when i have time.

IMG_9882.jpg

IMG_9884.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

:swoon:

He really is a good looking thang, isn't he. :blush-anim-cl:

He looks so warm and snuggle-able in those pictures.

Jeez Mika pull up your pants!

Hey now. If the popstar wants to expose his grey undies, the popstar should be allowed to expose his grey undies. :naughty:

He made it clear that if you shout "Mika I love you, marry me, sing so and so, take off your shirt/trousers/underwear etc.", he doesn't understand. He gets something similar to a Donald Duck scream.

And, that's hilarious about him not hearing the random audience screams. Because of his in-ear monitor, I presume? :roftl:

Looks like we'll all need to make giant signs instead that read "Mikaaaa, I wanna have your babies!!!!" :roftl:

Well I guess that it depens on the day/moment and whether there is a lot of noise, because when he replies to things that people are sayng (which he has done a few times) he is clearly hearing them :naughty:

That’s what we want from his shows, isn’t it? The feeling that we are alive. Felt very alive yesterday :naughty:

YES !! He has an extraordinary knack for making you feel like that :fangurl:

For me there are always a few highlights. During Over My Sholder and I See You I’m in heaven. Honestly. I can feel I’m in a soft and warm place and I can (almost) see those beautiful little angel boys (what are they called?) flying around the venue. Most of them have shy and happy smiles and some of them look even a bit wild and they are flying around and I just listen to his beautiful voice. Nothing compares to that. All I hear is his voice until I hear the audience singing. And at that moment those little angel boys (in my imagination) look a bit scared, even the wild ones. If I could make three wishes I would first wish a long and happy life to my family, secondly that my husband will love me forever even though I'm using all his money for traveling around the world after a pretty popstar and thirdly that people would NOT sing along during songs like OMS and I See You. There are enough other songs for that. Oh, I sound such a horrible person :blink: Also, I wish we could ask him to use less smoke during I See You, because at the most important moment of the show I really can't see him and I would love to because it's a BEAUTIFUL moment :blush-anim-cl:

TOTALLY agree... tiibet I LOVE you :huglove: and like others have said your report made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Beautifully written from the heart, thank you so much for sharing. I've just watched your Over My Shoulder video and it brought tears to my eyes, sigh...

It really does feel like something profound is happening when he sings those songs. For me it's as though we're experiencing a slice of something so beautiful it almost tests the limits of human capacity to process such beauty. I find that with Over My Shoulder especially. When he gets to those powerful notes I really have to remind myself to breathe. Combining his visual beauty with the stunning power of his voice really does feel like a temporary glimpse into soft and warm place that is just impossible to reach in day-to-day life. I was just floored when he started singing it in Oslo. After the acoustic tour I was sure I'd never hear it again. :wub2:

Wonderfully put Mana. I get that 'forgot to breathe' feeling when hearing Over My Shoulder live too. It's a wonder we aren't all taken off on stretchers lol ... :stretcher:

Really!:teehee::shocked:

Beyond all the "fangirl" reaction to his pants being halfway down his arse - pull your bloody jeans up Mika.

:roftl::roftl:

Us Brits must be having an influence if you're using the word "bloody" :aah:

I watched a video of Mika singing Over My Shoulder, forget which venue though. LOVE how he looked shocked when he hits the high notes "cooooooolllld....druuuunnnkk..." :aah: Seriously...he's fine at first, and towards the end of the note his eyes widen and he's got his mouth open and he just looks surprised :roftl:

It's an absolute delight to hear him sing something that actually sounds like Opera, rather than hearing him randomly hit some high notes during some songs. I think hearing him sing Opera makes you appreciate his high voice more than hearing it in a pop song because it does his voice more justice. I think. And his vibrato makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I wish he's use it more often.

I don't know, I think I have danced lately more than earlier. It was really fun in Berlin. I really don't usually enjoy dancing in a big way, I'm a bit quiet person :blush-anim-cl: I even can't dance or sing and it's more difficult to enjoy the music if I force myself to dance too much. It's okay if it comes naturally like in Berlin. But do you think he hates people if they can't dance? :blink:

No, no, not at all:wink2:

I just meant that you looked like you were really enjoying yourself, despite your 'duty' of recording the performance.

('duty' might not be the best word to use here, but I mean it in a joking way: you might feel that MFCers expect you to record - well, I do, in a way)

Obviously, if you record you need to stand still more or less, although I have seen people being able to do all the dance routines while holding their camera. In Berlin I saw you dance with the camera (with the camera swinging) that I never noticed while watching your previous vids and I considered that a good sign. :thumb_yello: I really appreciate the work of the voluntary photographers / cameramen. I could never get myself do it. I always give up after 2 pics and nowadays I don't even bring a camera.

It's an absolute delight to hear him sing something that actually sounds like Opera, rather than hearing him randomly hit some high notes during some songs.

I don't think OMS is operatic but it definitely roots in classical music and he uses a classical vocal technique while singing.

That's why you 'stop breathing' as Mana pointed it out. Ideally there should be total silence during this performance.

I hope he understands just what a treat it is for us to hear that song and how much it's appreciated.

I guess he understands it now. Perhaps some of us made sure that he does... :dunno: (:teehee:)

You got it. He meant: "shut your bloody mouth and let me sing! :pinkbow:"

Oh phew. So he can hear us demanding his curly haired babies, even if he pretends not to. Crisis averted! :roftl:

oh, I am sure he loves the audience reacting like that:thumb_yello:

If you check out the bit before Over My Shoulder, you hear hm say something like.."now I am going to break the uncomfortable silence"

Translation: you are rather reserved today, not much shouting from front row, which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable.. :puppy_eyes:

(:biggrin2:)

Edited by suzie

Well I guess that it depens on the day/moment and whether there is a lot of noise, because when he replies to things that people are sayng (which he has done a few times) he is clearly hearing them :naughty:

He was clearly joking as I said right after my report. :wink2: He wanted the audience to be quiet in order to be able to sing.

:doh:

I forgot to add in my report that I really liked the support band. :thumb_yello:

I guess this duo is used to performing at much smaller venues (even though this one seated only 1500) , so in terms of the live concert performance they couldn't bring the best out of themselves but their songs do have good potential. And they were fun to watch, too:teehee:

sorry no time now to prepare + upload all my pix, so for a start i uploaded only the shirtless ones, and one from the m+g... more when i have time. :wink2:

IMG_9882.jpg

IMG_9884.jpg

IMG_9885.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

:fangurl::fangurl:

Thanks Mellody, lovely pics:wub2:

I don't think OMS is operatic but it definitely roots in classical music and he uses a classical vocal technique while singing.That's why you 'stop breathing' as Mana pointed it out. Ideally there should be total silence during this performance.

Yes that's what I meant lol :naughty:

:doh:

I forgot to add in my report that I really liked the support band. :thumb_yello:

I guess this duo is used to performing at much smaller venues (even though this one seated only 1500) , so in terms of the live concert performance they couldn't bring the best out of themselves but their songs do have good potential. And they were fun to watch, too:teehee:

Loved your report! (But I know that I'm quoting the wrong post :naughty:)

TOTALLY agree... tiibet I LOVE you :huglove: and like others have said your report made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Beautifully written from the heart, thank you so much for sharing. I've just watched your Over My Shoulder video and it brought tears to my eyes, sigh...

Awww, thank you, Blue Eyes, you are always so sweet and kind :huglove:

Wow, Karin, you pics are so awesome, thanks so much sharing them!! I didn't take pics at all, I was counting on you and Saskia :thumb_yello: