Mika on Weekend Wogan, BBC Radio 2

lollipop_monkey

This was a Radio Two audience. They would proabably expect to hear Grace Kelly. It's a crowd pleaser and people that are not huge fans usually like to hear the most popular tunes. I can't imagine them being too delighted with Kick Ass frankly. Much as it might have suited us better:roftl:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a Radio Two audience. They would proabably expect to hear Grace Kelly. It's a crowd pleaser and people that are not huge fans usually like to hear the most popular tunes. I can't imagine them being too delighted with Kick Ass frankly. Much as it might have suited us better:roftl:

Yeahh i aggree lol.

People would probably be like :shocked: this isn't Mika cause they would only know the Grace Kelly like Mika.

xx

Not the best vocal he's ever done, but he seemed in a happy mood, and giggled a lot, so all must be fine in Mikaworld! :biggrin2:

agrees...plus, I liked the brass arrangements on BIOTG.

I agree. For the same reason, though, I don't think that WAG was a good choice, either. I think songs like PUOTF or I See You would have fitted the audience profile much better.

I agree. For the same reason, though, I don't think that WAG was a good choice, either. I think songs like PUOTF or I See You would have fitted the audience profile much better.

Yes, that would have been nice - one of the slower ones which showcase his voice.

Or Blue Eyes, as that was played a lot on R2.

yeah, the interview was great and I loved BIOTG but the rest wasn't exactly flawless. :teehee: still...his enthusiasm also counts for something. :naughty:

Things go wrong all the time during live performances. :aah: And that's exactly what I like best in a live performance. :wub2:

Who the f*ck is "Mr. Guard" that Mika's always replacing "Mr. Smith" with when he imitates the speaking bits in Grace Kelly? :blink:

some record company guy, the one mika wrote the song about? :dunno: or another one who he'd write the song about if he wrote it now? :naughty:

i didn't even understand what he said, just was thinking that it sounded a bit different than in the original song. :lmfao:

some record company guy, the one mika wrote the song about? :dunno: or another one who he'd write the song about if he wrote it now? :naughty:

i didn't even understand what he said, just was thinking that it sounded a bit different than in the original song. :lmfao:

me too :blush-anim-cl::teehee:

Who the f*ck is "Mr. Guard" that Mika's always replacing "Mr. Smith" with when he imitates the speaking bits in Grace Kelly? :blink:

I was wondering that, too. This isn't the first time he's done it though... I remember hearing him do that somewhere else, but can't remember where. :blink:

I must be the only one who enjoyed BIOTG the least out of those three songs, although I did like the horns. :blush-anim-cl:

I think Mika was sounding good, but I agree with those who said the backing vocals were a bit...bizarre. I love WAG acoustic though. It's really something how this song that is a massive wall of sound on the album translates so well to this scaled back, acoustic version.

Does anyone else think this version of Grace Kelly sounded very 2007 for the first half? I can't put my finger on it but it reminded me of the radio performances of this song that surfaced three years ago. But then he shook it up toward the latter half. On the very last chorus he's in a totally different place with "I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like"... it's lower. But I love it! :wub2:

Oh and the muffin bit was adorable. :teehee:

I was wondering that, too. This isn't the first time he's done it though... I remember hearing him do that somewhere else, but can't remember where. :blink:

I must be the only one who enjoyed BIOTG the least out of those three songs, although I did like the horns. :blush-anim-cl:

I think Mika was sounding good, but I agree with those who said the backing vocals were a bit...bizarre. I love WAG acoustic though. It's really something how this song that is a massive wall of sound on the album translates so well to this scaled back, acoustic version.

Does anyone else think this version of Grace Kelly sounded very 2007 for the first half? I can't put my finger on it but it reminded me of the radio performances of this song that surfaced three years ago. But then he shook it up toward the latter half. On the very last chorus he's in a totally different place with "I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like"... it's lower. But I love it! :wub2:

Yes I remember that as well, Mana. (the bold bit) We need to pester uh I mean um, ask politely, why he keeps doing it :aah: I much prefer Smith. And is it "Guard"? I just keep hearing "Gaaarrr", like some posh person trying to do a Pirate thing :roftl: "The last time we talked Mr. GAAAARRRR" :lmfao:

I don't think BIOTG was Mika's best vocal performance, but the horns were good! Keep the horns!

Oh, I love it when Mika goes "Mmmm" before "I've gone identity mad..." and he uses that gorgeous vibrato of his :fangurl:

Loved it! :wub2: Thanks for the links! :thumb_yello: The whole interview was hilarious :roftl: I agree with the comments here about the backing vocals in WAG, it was a bit weird I dunno but I really enjoyed the songs especially BIOTG, which made me lol at the beginning when he went "Blame it on your mother but you know he's dead" :blink::roftl:

Oh and I can't wait to see it! Will it be available outside the UK? Hope someone can record it :biggrin2:

Edited by Miro

Loved it! :wub2: Thanks for the links! :thumb_yello: The whole interview was hilarious :roftl: I agree with the comments here about the backing vocals in WAG, it was a bit weird I dunno but I really enjoyed the songs especially BIOTG, which made me lol at the beginning when he went "Blame it on your mother but you know he's dead" :blink::roftl:

Oh and I can't wait to see it! Will it be available outside the UK? Hope someone can record it :biggrin2:

Well, I was really LOVING WAG when he started, but then the backing just totally ruined it for me, totally. It's like it was two songs: the bits where he sang alone were fantastic, and the bits with the backing singers were atrocious.

I don't even know what it was that I found so horrible about the backing, but it just didn't sound right or good to me at all. The 'normal' regular backing by Imma is a thousand times better.

Acoustic WAG is always something special, I love it :wub2: I was confused about back singing too, but I was wondering it is someone singing from the audience :teehee:

Grace Kelly was so different than usually, I didn't realize it sounded 2007. I was happy he did it, haven't heard it this way for a long time.

And the muffin bit? His voice was :fangurl: Oh, we are so easy to keep happy :teehee: