And the illustration on the page, it's by Yasmine, who thought it'd be a nice idea if one of us designed something for the next article. So if you want your design to appear in next month's XL, send an email to feedback@xelle.it (Subject: Illustrazione Mika) by May 13th and they will then choose the best one!

Any details? Will it have to be line art like in the previous articles? What format? Which size will it have on the print? And ... Erm... What is the TOPIC? Illustration is about visualizing a certain thought or a story or a topic (I thought) LOL

Edited by violet_sky

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any details? Will it have to be line art like in the previous articles? What format? Which size will it have on the print? And ... Erm... What is the TOPIC? Illustration is about visualizing a certain thought or a story or a topic (I thought) LOL

Maybe he is looking for any story or theme to get inspired by for the next album....(:teehee:)

PS: I'm so glad we are back to the normal way of events when fans are asked to create an artwork to express themselves rather than to earn points with.

Edited by suzie

it's Mika...Mika you know? you should have learnt by now :naughty:

no rules, and if rules are, let's them be chaotic! :naughty:

hi you, btw :huglove:

Maybe he is looking for any story or theme to get inspired by for the next album....(:teehee:)

PS: I'm so glad we are back to the normal way of events when fans are asked to create an artwork to express themselves rather than to earn points with.

me too, random as it might be, it's for free! :naughty:

Silly Violet! There are no guidelines in Mikaland! :lmfao: Someone should send in some stained glass artwork. Or maybe a sculpture. :roftl:

it's Mika...Mika you know? you should have learnt by now :naughty:

no rules, and if rules are, let's them be chaotic! :naughty:

Exactly. Robi's got it figured out. :insane:

Could someone post the link to this article - I seem never to be able to find it.

Thanks - the original version would be nice and the English if it out yet.

The article on the Italian magazine is here, thanks to Robertina: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3451580&postcount=2603

The original version in English is not out yet, that I know of.

Silly Violet! There are no guidelines in Mikaland! :lmfao: Someone should send in some stained glass artwork. Or maybe a sculpture. :roftl:

Exactly. Robi's got it figured out. :insane:

OMG. Your avatar = WIN.

Loved the column! One of the things that made me like Mika in the first place was the way he included the illustrations in his work, the characters he created, etc. and it's nice to know a bit more about how he got into it and his influences. :wub2:

Thanks, Cath! :wink2:

"I often kept this addiction secret from my friends, embarrassed of some of the risks I was taking. It seems I was by no means alone." :naughty:

Why does that line mean so much to Mika fans, I wonder :mf_rosetinted:

Googled for all those guys he mentioned. Mika is a good teacher.

Definitely.

I think we ALL have learnt anything thanks to his blogs/tweets/columns. I have.

Edited by LeiRe

.. curious about the mfcrs illustrations...would you like to share here your unleashed creativity? :teehee:

Ha! You just want to steal my brilliant idea :sneaky2:

:roftl:

I wonder why there are always so many untranslated sentences from the original article in the Italian column :blink:

Some of them:

I was nervous, not only because I was the one doing the driving (I am a terrible driver), but because this felt more like a pilgrimage than a meeting.

After getting lost...

...the same way Norman Rockwell reinvented the art of marketing illustration.

He lives with his female assistant and friend. With visitors he is generous with his thoughts and time but prefers to work and listen to Schubert.

In pop songs, melodies and lyrics have to be direct.

often with a raised voice

(the publishers made sure of that)

Disney’s first full length film.

I got my first job at eleven

Somehow, all these emotions are still communicated and crystal clear.

My Frank picture cost me $300, a fortune at the time.

I often kept this addiction secret from my friends, embarrassed of some of the risks I was taking.

Not to mention the inaccurate translations... :boxed: