• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting Robi!

Ooh I can't wait for the original. In the mean time, I can haz translated summary? :teehee::biggrin2:

Oh that's too bad. How about here? It's a different photo hosting site so maybe that might help? :dunno:

Yus, you can haz!

Ok, so adding to what Robi said, this article deals with friendships and relationships in the age of Facebook. He starts off by saying how he went out with someone when he was 22, not long after having signed his first record deal, after they contacted him through his Myspace. They only went out for a couple of weeks, the other person saying that's how online dating worked, but he wasn't aware of that, and he didn't like that at all.

Then he goes on to say that online dating's become normal. He writes about a couple he saw who'd met in a queue in a café, the boy asked the girl if she was on Facebook, because he wanted to see her again, but she said no, that she preferred reality.

That's the thing about the internet, he says, it gives you the opportunity to contact people you wouldn't, or wouldn't have the courage to speak to in real life. Online you can dig through a person's past, and get to know them bit by bit, through photos for example. He admires people who shun this kind of contact, and wonders how they do it. A female friend of his, who amusingly only wants to meet rich men, says that the internet can break down social barriers such as the economic or professional background of a person. You can know a lot of things about a person before you meet them, which changes the dynamics of a relationship, something he didn't understand before.

He finishes by saying that the internet is part of our reality, and that the girl in the café had got it wrong, in reality she was saying that she didn't like the boy, it was a way of making him feel stupid.

Thanks Robi and Nerys for the scan and ssummary:flowers2:

It's a very interesting article, definitely one of the best ones so far. Cant wait for the original version :biggrin2:

Yes interesting as all Mika says :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the first translation :wink2:

Yus, you can haz!

Ok, so adding to what Robi said, this article deals with friendships and relationships in the age of Facebook. He starts off by saying how he went out with someone when he was 22, not long after having signed his first record deal, after they contacted him through his Myspace. They only went out for a couple of weeks, the other person saying that's how online dating worked, but he wasn't aware of that, and he didn't like that at all.

Then he goes on to say that online dating's become normal. He writes about a couple he saw who'd met in a queue in a café, the boy asked the girl if she was on Facebook, because he wanted to see her again, but she said no, that she preferred reality.

That's the thing about the internet, he says, it gives you the opportunity to contact people you wouldn't, or wouldn't have the courage to speak to in real life. Online you can dig through a person's past, and get to know them bit by bit, through photos for example. He admires people who shun this kind of contact, and wonders how they do it. A female friend of his, who amusingly only wants to meet rich men, says that the internet can break down social barriers such as the economic or professional background of a person. You can know a lot of things about a person before you meet them, which changes the dynamics of a relationship, something he didn't understand before.

He finishes by saying that the internet is part of our reality, and that the girl in the café had got it wrong, in reality she was saying that she didn't like the boy, it was a way of making him feel stupid.

Ooh, this sounds very interesting! Thanks for the summary, can't wait to read the original article! :flowers2:

And thank you for the scan, Robi! :wub2:

Yus, you can haz!

Ok, so adding to what Robi said, this article deals with friendships and relationships in the age of Facebook...

Thank you! :bow:

I'm going from a kind and fine Google translation, but what's he saying with "...non sapevo che esistesse un'etichetta degli appuntamenti via Internet. None e come fare sesso occasionale."...?

Google translates that to mean that basically there's an understanding with online relationships that they are about casual sex, and that he's not into that sort of thing. Is that what that actually means? :teehee:

I so can't wait for the original.

I'm going from a kind and fine Google translation, but what's he saying with "...non sapevo che esistesse un'etichetta degli appuntamenti via Internet. None e come fare sesso occasionale."...?

Google translates that to mean that basically there's an understanding with online relationships that they are about casual sex, and that he's not into that sort of thing. Is that what that actually means? :teehee:

My Italian isnt very good but thats what I understand from this phrase as well

'I didn't know there was an etiquette as far as Internet dating is concerned. It's not like occasional sex. it leaves you with a sense of uncompleteness. I let myself being involved emotionally and i was furious. It was my fault but i could feel like a whore anyway.''

more or less :blush-anim-cl:

:lmfao:

Thank you for posting it, Robi.

Can't wait for the original, though. Just like last time, some of the sentences can be completely different in the original than the Italian translation. :teehee:

Edited by suzie

Thanks a bunch for summing it up :)

I translated a bit myself but I also have to look after the little ones and cook RL :sneaky2:...so I didn't go very far

Finding out about love at the time of facebook

I was 22 and I left school after having signed with a music compagny and devoted myself entirely to music.

For a year I didn't go out with anyone. But one evening I found I had a friend on my my space page.

I had no idea who he was and two days after we went out together.A short story; in two weeks we saw each other four times.

It had been perceft and when it was finished I was a rag.

"This is the way it works" I was told afterwards but I didn't know then.

I had no experience, I didn't know there was an etiquette when you meet someone on internet. Nor how to behave in such occasions; I had buitl a castle in sand.

I really got involved and it made me mad. It was entirely my own fault and I felt like a whore.

This is how I learned about the rules on internet.

I love it when Mika shares his feelings :wub2:

Best column ever :fangurl:ing and heart melting

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I translated a bit myself but I also have to look after the little ones and cook RL :sneaky2:...so I didn't go very far

I was 22 and I left school after having signed with a music compagny and devoted myself entirely to music.

For a year I didn't go out with anyone. But one evening I found I had a friend on my my space page.

I had no idea who he was and two days after we went out together.A short story; in two weeks we saw each other four times.

I had no experience, I didn't know there was an etiquette when you meet someone on internet. Nor how to behave in such occasions; I had buitl a castle in sand.

I really got involved and it made me mad. It was entirely my own fault and I felt like a whore.

OMG! Mika is sharing so much more of himself these days! I can't wait for the new article in English, but thanks for the first translations and the summing up.

Internet dating is a minefield and people need to be so careful.

I'm so sad about his experience, in fact there are tears in my eyes!! God bless him, I do so hope he finds the love of his life soon.

thank you for posting!! :huglove:

*goes to mika´s myspace*

-would you like to go out tomorrow?

*sits in a corner and waits for answer*

:mf_rosetinted:

"I had no idea who he was..." :teehee:

Thanks for the translation!:thumb_yello:

there's no pronoun in the italian version though :mf_rosetinted:

the verb can stand without subject, so no pronoun = no definite gender :mf_rosetinted:

Ah, that's right. I didn't think he would make the mistake of naming the pronoun of his date. :naughty:

"I had no idea who he was..." :teehee:

Thanks for the translation!:thumb_yello:

I've been here since 2007, there are a few things we're not supposed to talk about!:wags_finger:

:naughty:

It's probably a pronoun lost in translation, don't you think?:wink2:

there's no pronoun in the italian version though :mf_rosetinted:

the verb can stand without subject, so no pronoun = no definite gender :mf_rosetinted:

don´t forget he writes it in english,robertina... he needs to use a pronoun :fisch:

There you go!:thumb_yello:

You were really fast!:teehee: